Distractions || Zelo

Mixtape || Collection

 

_ distractions

 

She sits next to me in class. She bothers me.”

 

Yongguk looked at Himchan, who looked just about as lost as he was. “Well... what does she do?”

 

Sh-she... well, she just... she breathes...”

 

Himchan's eyes widened, and Yongguk felt his face reflecting it. “S-so you hate her for breathing? Umm...”

 

Junhong rolled his eyes – something he never did, especially around his hyungs. “No, no. I don't hate her for breathing. I just... well, it's not just that. I'm just so... She's just always there! I can't ever concentrate!”

 

Ah, so that was it. When their maknae first pulled Yongguk and Himchan away from the group to 'talk' about something, he wasn't sure what it possibly could be. Maknae Zelo hardly ever needed direction; he was quite mature for his age, and he kept up with his hyungs well enough that they tended to forget how young he was sometimes. But this... Well, this sounded uncharacteristically teen-like of him... No wonder he decided to look to the oldest members of the group.

 

So...” Yongguk sat down across from the other two members, preparing for a complicated talk. “Okay, you're just very aware of her. Do you know why?”

 

Junhong shifted in his seat, clearly agitated. It probably didn't help that it was generally awkward for him to talk to Yongguk and Himchan like this. “Are you gonna tell me?”

 

Yongguk just shrugged. “Well, I don't think I can do that.”

 

At the pregnant silence that followed, Yongguk threw a glare at Himchan, mouthing as discreetly as possible to say something while their maknae looked down at his hands. “Th-this is really getting to you, isn't it?”

 

Junhong just sighed. “I mean, yeah... I don't know what to do. I don't wanna hate her! I just don't like that she distracts me. And it's not like I can tell her to stop because she's not really doing anything!”

 

Hmm~ Have you ever talked to her?” Himchan offered, apparently grasping for a solution to this perplexing situation.

 

Junhong stopped to think for a brief second. “Well, y-yeah. She tells me hi everyday, asks me how I am, asks about practice. Sometimes she tells me how good a performance was, if she saw it...”

 

Oh, so she's a fan?” Himchan's face lit up with fascination. “That's cool, you're friends with a fan~”

 

Yongguk had the sudden urge to smack Himchan, but held back when he heard Junhong speak again, his tone now solemn. “We're not really friends.”

 

Yongguk let his hand fly towards Himchan's arm without mercy. “Way to go,” he muttered as Himchan nursed his arm. He turned to Junhong with a frown. “Is she pretty?”

 

The blush that hit Junhong's milky cheeks was nothing but precious. “Y-yeah, she is. She has a really nice smile. She smiles at me a lot...”

 

Himchan and Yongguk exchanged knowing looks. Ah, getting closer to the root of the problem. “It's funny that we don't notice you're still our maknae sometimes...” Yongguk said with a sigh, patting said maknae's knee. “You need to talk to this girl.”
 

Junhong looked up, blinking rapidly. “And say what? We don't ever talk except when she asks me about stuff.”

 

Yongguk smiled. “And do you ask her anything?”

 

W-well... sometimes. I ask her about her day, her weekend. She works at a cafe... And she likes to read...” There was no way Junhong could possibly hide the small satisfaction on his face when he talked about this girl. Too bad he didn't seem to notice himself.

 

Himchan nodded in approval. “That's good. So you listen to her, at least.”

 

Of course I do, hyung.” Junhong sighed heavily. “I can't help it, remember?”

 

Yongguk and Himchan laughed, exchanging another glance. “Right.” Yongguk clapped his hands together. “Well, how about this – you should invite her to a practice sometime, maybe a rehearsal even. You think she'd wanna watch?”

 

Junhong blinked. Once. Twice. “Y-yeah, I think so.”

 

And then you can have a chance to talk to her outside of class. Maybe then you wouldn't feel so mad about paying attention to her. You'll both have free time, so it's not getting in the way of anything.” Himchan's triumphant smile made Yongguk roll his eyes. It wasn't even his idea.

 

Again, Junhong just blinked at them a few times. “Well... I guess so... Hyung, you really think that'll help?” he asked warily.

 

A wide, gummy grin broke across Yongguk's face. “I think whatever helps you spend some time with her to get close will help.” He patted Junhong firmly on the back as he got up. “Trust me.”

 

---

 

end note: F] Yeah... I dunno. Thought it would be cute, showing off the dynamics of BAP a little. No explicit pairing, but it's implied. Think of 'her' as whoever you might want. xD I just felt more comfortable writing about Jello in a more innocent context, actually. xD

Once again, thank you for all the lovely comments, and I appreciate all you readers~ c: