Flowers || U-Kwon

Mixtape || Collection

 

note: Another one I actually wrote while bored at work. XD It was written in really choppy blocks, so I hope it makes cohesive sense all put together. I'd appreciate feedback! c:

 

music: BEAST – Beautiful

 

_ flowers

 

Thank you for calling Bloom. This is ___. How can I help you?” You pushed your voice to carry over the background noise in your makeshift office behind the counter of flower pots, most of the noise consisting of the spray of little sprinklers you had going.

 

Yes, hello. I actually just have a quick question.” The male voice that drifted from the other end of the line was sweet and gentle, a nice break from all the less-than-pleasant phone calls you've been getting as of late.

 

No problem, sir. What did you need?”

 

Okay, so this is a little embarrassing...” he drifted off for a moment, but you waited patiently, smiling to yourself. “My girlfriend... She's actually been a bit stressed out about work lately.”

 

When he paused, you took the opportunity to voice your agreement. “Oh, I know exactly how she feels. Rough week?”

 

He laughed, and the rich, warm sound made you strangely more comfortable. It was like getting a familiar hug after a long, hard work day. Just the thought of it made you miss your own boyfriend – who'd been pretty much MIA since he was a tad bit busy pursuing his musical career at the moment. After all, success had a way of making you a little busier, especially with Block B's every-growing fanclub. It was just never sure lately when you'd be able to see your beloved U-Kwon.

 

Yeah, a little rough,” he said with a chuckle that wiped the frown off your face. “And I'm feeling a little guilty that I haven't exactly been around for her lately.”

 

Well, wasn't that nice? You wondered briefly if Yookwon was feeling even just a touch of the same emotion. After all, he didn't call for several days because of a packed schedule, and although you tried to be understanding of his lifestyle, it was hard not to be even a little peeved.

 

So I'm guessing you'd like a nice bouquet to send her then. Roses, perhaps? They're a classic, after all.”

 

Another slow chuckle came through the line. The sound was sad though, tinged with something like nostalgia. “Actually, no. She's not much of a roses fan. She likes her flowers simple.”

 

Oh? Your girlfriend is my type of girl,” you told him with a laugh. “I like the simpler flowers myself... Carnations, maybe?”

 

He hummed in thought. “Maybe...”

 

Would you like something else? We have daisies, too,” you offered.

 

Ah, I'm not sure,” he admitted. “Let me ask you, miss. What time do you get off work today?”

 

You raised an eyebrow. What kind of question was that? After such a serious conversation with what seemed like a perfectly sincere guy, you were starting to doubt the integrity of the call. A prank, maybe?

 

I'm sorry?” You feigned confusion, hoping that he would admit to pranking or at least clarify that you'd misheard him. Maybe he'd even just hang up or something. That would save you a little grief, at least.

 

Ah, I apologize,” he said with a teasing lilt to his voice. “___-sshi, I'd like to know what time you get off work tonight.”

 

You rolled your eyes and groaned. GREAT. Such a waste of a perfectly good five minutes. Just as you moved to hang up, there was a teasing laugh on the other end of the line. “___-ah, don't hang up!”

 

Your eyes narrowed. “Excuse me?” Who did this man think he was, addressing you in such a familiar way?

 

Don't hang up. I'm not done with my question.”

 

You scoffed. “Oh?” Oh, wonderful. He wanted to waste even more of your time?

 

Yes, ma'am. Right now, if you could actually do me the favor of looking this way, I would very much appreciate that,” he told you happily, and purely out of reflex, you looked up and out towards the door.

 

Yookwon stood there with an obnoxiously humongous bouquet of carnations in one hand while his other held the phone to his ear.

 

You very nearly dropped the receiver, your mouth going slack. “I can't believe you don't even recognize my voice over the phone, ___.”

 

After you managed to blink away the tears that had come up to your eyes, you giggled. “It must be all that vocal exertion, Block B's U-Kwon-sshi,” you joked, smiling brightly at him as you hung up the phone.

 

Ah? You think so?” he said, flashing you one of those amazingly vibrant smiles he was known for. “Our president would be glad to hear that, wouldn't he?” He flipped his phone shut and tucked it in his pocket before setting the stack of fragrant flowers on your tiny desk.

 

You eyed them curiously. “You better pay for those, sir.”

 

He laughed boisterously. “Of course!” When he came around your desk and swept you up in a huge, warm, bone-crushing hug, you couldn't help but echo his laugh. “Do you happen to take hugs and kisses as payment? Because, while I hate to brag, I am quite wealthy in that sense.”

 

You rolled your eyes and smacked his arm playfully. “It's going to take quite a bit of those to pay off your debt, Yookwon-sshi,” you drawled.

 

Another amused chuckle vibrated in his chest. As he leaned down towards your mouth, you could feel his warm breath fan your cheeks, your lips – the warmth you'd been craving for weeks. “No problem, ma'am,” he said as his mouth closed over yours. “It'd be my pleasure.”

 

---

 

end note: -shot for corniness- xD I know, I know. Pretty bad in the corny/cliche department, but hey – I thought it was cute enough for U-Kwon~ c: I hope you enjoyed! Please review! :]