Feelings || D.O.

Mixtape || Collection

 

note: I just... I love him. I can't. Like, my feels overflow every time I see his cute doe-eyed effing face and OMG, I just feel like exploding. (∩´`∩) So this is the result of all these bubbling feels. For all of you Kyungsoo fans~ Enjoy! (And if anyone ever wants to just rant about their Kyungsoo feels, I'm here for you! -hugs-)

 

_ feelings

 

You watched him from the counter beside the stove as he stirred the sizzling pieces of vegetables, his makeup-free face smooth of any lines as he pored over his work. So like the doting mother, as he was so lovingly referred to. He was humming, a gentle low-pitched thrum that sounded just as melodic as when he used that powerful voice.

 

'Wow...'

 

___...?”

 

Your mouth was falling open. You could feel your lips part, your jaw slacken. The only thing missing was the drool.

 

___?”

 

'Holy-'

 

___! Are you okay?”

 

You had to blink once, twice, and even a third time before the realization sunk in that he was calling your name, that he was talking to you and asking if you were okay. The only thing you could do in response was stare at him, wide-eyed and confused – much like the expression he was so notorious for wearing.

 

___? You're scaring me. What's wrong?”

 

What?”

 

For a long moment, the two of you just sat there, exchanging dazed looks. He tilted his head, eyes narrowing like he was trying to examine you for disease by mere sight. “___?” he repeated.

 

Of course, all you could do was give him a slow, uncertain little smile. “I'm fine, Kyungsoo-ah...” You hopped off the counter in one smooth motion, sighing.

 

He glanced down at the stovetop, but you could see the cautious look he followed you with from the corner of his eye. With a quiet laugh, you wrapped your arms around his waist from behind, planting an impulsive kiss on his shoulder blade through the cotton of his t-shirt. “You're amazing, Do Kyungsoo...”

 

Your statement was followed by a long minute of nothing but the sizzling food. You just smiled, settling your cheek against the warmth of his back as he took a shaky breath and chuckled. “Where did that come from?”

 

You shrugged, which loosened the constricting hold you had on him. “Nowhere,” you said simply.

 

His laugh of response sounded rather hesitant. Still, he put down the spoon he'd been stirring with and brushed your arms gently away from his body before turning around and catching you around the shoulders in a tight embrace. “You're being so weird today. Are you sure you're okay?”

 

You looked up at him, eyebrows scrunched together. “Why am I being weird?” you asked, a little disappointed at his response. Something along the lines of 'thank you' or 'I love you' would've felt a little nicer.

 

He shrugged. “I don't know. You were spacing out earlier, and now you're telling me these things out of nowhere.”

 

You frowned. “Do I not tell you enough how perfect you are?” You picked up the hurt in your voice before you even felt it actually hit you.

 

Except instead of any kind of malice or sarcasm, his face erupted in a dark blush. “'Perfect'?”

 

You pulled away from his hold, sighing. “I'm a terrible girlfriend.”

 

No!” he said almost immediately, even though his face was still flushed. “No, don't say that. Why would you say that?”

 

There was a panicked edge in his voice that you couldn't help but laugh at. “If my boyfriend doesn't realize he's wonderful, then that must mean I'm not telling him enough.” You smiled ruefully. “And if you find me complimenting you 'weird', then I quite obviously need to do it that much more often, too.”

 

His face crumpled, eyebrows pulling down along with the corners of his mouth. He looked devastated. “Don't be like that,” he whispered. “You're being so hard on yourself.” His mouth touched yours softly. “You're a perfect girlfriend.”

 

You rolled your eyes, laughing. “Ah, you liar~” Of course, he was just being a good boyfriend now and probably felt obligated to say it. “You're just being nice and paying me a compliment back, you beautiful man, you~”

 

Although it didn't seem possible, his face fell even more. “___, that's not fair.”

 

Still laughing, you kissed his stubbornly jutted chin. “Oh, stop it. I just wanted to tell you, that's all. I will take you acknowledging it and thanking me as my reward~” You stepped back and crossed your arms in front of your chest to wait for it, tapping your foot for effect.

 

He looked torn, but the pout on your face apparently helped him make a decision. “Th-thank you.”

 

Your eyes closed in triumph and nodded, a smirk of victory lighting up your face. “No, thank you,” you replied. “I'm glad we're on the same page now.”

 

When a pair of arms locked mercilessly around you, your eyes snapped open, only to come nose-to-nose with Kyungsoo. “Now admit you're amazing, too.” His voice was pitched at a goosebump-inducing low, reminding you of the rumbling hum he'd been doing just minutes ago... and of other, much less G-rated things...

 

Going a little cross-eyed from trying to meet his dark eyes, you frowned. “Why? It doesn't matter, does it? You really think I'm gonna let you get away from me regardless? You're stuck with me, Kyungsoo-ah,” you teased.

 

He scoffed, quite clearly covering up a chuckle. “___, give and take, right? Now I want my reward for playing along with your 4D games.”

 

You grinned. “Oh, fine~ I am pretty great, aren't I?”

 

He feigned a sigh. “If it's code for random and slightly conceited, sure.”

 

Your struggles to get loose and smack him for the remark were cut off when he closed his mouth over yours for an intense kiss. He pulled away abruptly, just as you were melting into him, completely pulling himself away to return to his cooking like nothing happened.

 

Do Kyungsoo!” you yelled indignantly, cheeks still heated from the brief kiss.

 

Shh, ___,” he muttered. “I need to finish this before it burns.”

 

You crossed your arms in front of your chest, nearly growling, “I take everything back. I hate you.”

 

His laugh came in a burst. “I love you too, ___.”

 

---

 

end note: Felt quite fangirly writing this. xD Anyway, I had a lot of overflowing appreciation for our lovely D.O, so I had to do this. Sorry if it turned out a little weird. ^^; Thank you!