Sleeping || Sunggyu

Mixtape || Collection

 

_sleeping

 

Mommy, put me down now! I can do it, please~”

 

Your son struggled valiantly against your secure hold, his legs flailing everywhere. With an exaggerated groan, you set him down on his tiny bare feet, helping him steady himself. As soon as he got his footing though, he shot out of your grip and ran at full speed, the pads of his feet hitting the wooden floors with dull little thumps.

 

Daddy! I'm done~!”

 

You watched him sprint into the master bedroom, running into the half-closed door. With a snicker, you propped yourself up against the door frame, crossing your arms in front of your chest. “Sungjin, baby, please be careful,” you warned as he struggled to climb up onto the tall bed.

 

Okay, come on up.” With a grunt, your husband reached down, tucking his hands under Sungjin's arms before hauling him up and tossing him onto the bed. You rolled your eyes as he followed, squishing Sungjin under his body with a monstrous growl. “Ohhh noooo~ Sungjin is too heavy~”

 

Sunggyu, you're going to suffocate our son.” The comment was lost behind the loud, playful noises Sunggyu was making as he played tickle monster and your son's enthusiastic screams and giggles between panting breaths.

 

Ahhh! M-mommy! Mommy, help meeeee!”

 

Oh, but how could you not smile at that? Laughing, you walked up to one side of the bed just in time to catch Sungjin's breathless squeal because Sunggyu dropped on him, playing dead.

 

Aaahhh! Daddy, nooooo! You're heavy!” Sungjin held his hands out to you, and you grabbed them, tugging gently. Just as Sungjin's body began sliding out of Sunggyu's hold, his arms tightened, making Sungjin wail all over again. “Noooo~”

 

Oh no~” you echoed with a giggle, renewing your efforts to tug your son from your husband's grip. “Sungjin, is daddy getting fat?”

 

Sunggyu's head popped up with a glare at you. “Hey!”

 

Go! C'mon, Sungjin!” You hauled your son up from the bed, tucking him against your body with both arms. Grinning, you backtracked from the bed, your son clinging to you with breathy giggles.

 

That is so unfair. Two against one.” Sunggyu said with a pout, plopping back against the pillows dramatically.

 

Oh, stop being a sore loser. It teaches our impressionable little baby here bad things.” With a smile, you deposited Sungjin back onto the bed carefully and watched as he crawled to his dad's side without hesitation. He set his hands on Sunggyu's chest, craning his neck to study his father's face.

 

Daddy? Are you mad?”

 

You couldn't hold back a snicker at Sunggyu's guilty expression. “N-no, Sungjin-ah, I'm not mad.” He wrapped an arm around his son's back, cradling him against his chest as Sungjin climbing over his chest and hugging as much as his small arms would allow. With a smile, you joined them, settling down beside Sunggyu and draping an arm over Sungjin's back.

 

There were a few minutes of peaceful silence until Sungjin spoke up again. He raised his head from where he'd nestled it in the crook of Sunggyu's neck. “Daddy...?” he whispered carefully.

 

You saw Sunggyu's eyes open in acknowledgment, but he didn't answer.

 

Daddy?” Sungjin repeated before looking at you questioningly. “Mommy, is daddy sleeping now?”

 

You almost fell off the bed, snorting with amusement at the look of shock on Sunggyu's face. “I'm not sleeping, Sungjin-ah! My eyes are open!”

 

Oh!” The genuine surprise in your son's tone just made you laugh even more. “But Daddy, it's kinda dark, and your eyes are small~”

 

You rolled off the bed with a shriek, holding your sides to try and contain the peals of laughter that shook your whole body. When you finally managed to kneel up and peek over the edge of the bed, you were met with a fierce glare and an adorable look of confusion. “Mommy, are you okay?” Sungjin asked, voice full of concern.

 

I'm fine, baby.” Wiping your eyes, you stood up straight and nodded, gesturing for your son. With a cute pout, he hopped over to you and climbed into your arms. You glanced at Sunggyu, who was sitting up now but still shooting daggers at you with those narrowed eyes. “Oh, God. Sunggyu, you must be so proud. I think we've successfully raised one of the wittiest four-year-olds I've ever met.”

 

Sunggyu scowled, but even he couldn't hide the amusement on his face. “Yeah, he must get that smart mouth from his mother.”

 

Yes, he does,” you said with a shrug. “Now, kiss daddy goodnight, Sungjin-ah. It's time for bed.”

 

Sungjin nodded obediently, crawling back over to wish his dad goodnight and give him a kiss. “I love you, Daddy~” he whispered, squeezing Sunggyu's neck.

 

I love you more, Sungjin-ie.”

 

You reached out when Sungjin came waddling back over, smiling at the tender father-son moment. “I'll be back after I tuck him in.”

 

It took several minutes, but you were able to tuck Sungjin under his covers, reading him his favorite book to lull him to sleep. With his heavy eyelids sliding closed despite his best efforts to fight, you leaned over to kiss his forehead gently. “Goodnight, my baby. Mommy and Daddy love you so much.”

 

I love you too~” he mumbled before curling against his pillow and finally letting his eyes slip closed.

 

You tiptoed out of his room, leaving it cracked just a touch to let the hallway light gleam through before heading back down to your own bedroom. You plucked your hair from the messy bun and hopped onto the bed, wrapping yourself around Sunggyu with a grin. “Aww, are you mad, honey?”

 

He scoffed, tucking his arm securely around your waist. “What are you teaching your son? I'm scared that he's gonna sound just like his uncles in just a few years.”

 

Then he'll be bright and entertaining.”

 

Yeah, but at whose expense? Because we all see how those six turned out, right?”

 

You mean extremely attractive and popular?”

 

Sunggyu rolled, pinning you underneath his body and setting his deadly gaze to yours. “Sure, but I always seem to get the short end of the stick when they're around.”

 

You frowned. “But you have us. I'd hardly call that the short end of the stick.”

 

He considered that for a moment before dropping an unexpected kiss on your parted lips. You felt your body melt under his, as his mouth worked slowly over yours. “You're right,” he said with a sigh. “I did hit the jackpot with that, didn't I?”

 

You nodded, running your hands over his shoulders and his neck before throwing your one leg over his hip. “Yes, I'd say so. Besides, I'm willing to bet he'll turn out just like his daddy.”

 

One hand the exposed skin of your hip, his mouth crooking with curiosity. “And what is that like?”

 

A good leader. An amazing husband and a wonderful father. The most amusing, most attractive man I've ever met.” You took his face between both hands, moving up to kiss him with a coy smirk. “With the prettiest eyes I've ever seen...”

 

Your soft laugh transformed into a loud gasp when his hand smacked against your bare leg. “You were doing so well.” His narrowed eyes glinted with the dim light from the lamp, his face mostly in shadow as he leaned over. His breath brushed over your lips as he clicked his tongue.

 

Aww, am I being punished now?”

 

He raised an eyebrow. “I don't know, I think you'll enjoy that too much.”

 

You pushed at his chest, flipping him onto his back with a laugh as you straddled his waist. “You're right, I probably would. How about I just show you how sorry I am then?”

 

His smirk was answer enough.

 

---

 

end note: I seem to like Sunggyu as a writing victim. ¬¬ And his eyes. xD I'm okay with this. I hope you all enjoyed!