Stare || Sunggyu

Mixtape || Collection

 

note: Inspired by Infinite on Weekly Idol~ Making fun of Leader Gyu's intimidating glares. XD I love them, my goodness. Enjoy!

 

_stare

 

Oh, Sunggyu, leave them alone...” A pair of arms came and wound around your shoulders from behind, and Seungyeol's head came to rest at your shoulder.

 

Yeah! Leave us alone!” he whined, sticking his tongue out at his fuming leader.

 

Sunggyu stood a few feet away, his arms crossed. He had that authoritative air, but something about the hesitant quirk of his eyebrows suddenly made you feel a little guilty. He wasn't even looking at you. He looked right at Seungyeol for a brief moment before glaring at the other males right behind you, shaking his head. “Fine, do what you want.” Without even glancing at you, he walked away, traipsing up the stairs and leaving the rest of s cheering their latest victory – courtesy of you this time.

 

With a sigh, you just smiled at the lighthearted antics that ensued with the rest of the members and walked into the kitchen. No real harm could come from taking their side, right? They needed to relax and have fun every once in a while too. With that reassuring thought, you set yourself to washing all the dirty dishes.

 

It wasn't hard to tell when Sunggyu approached. After all, the sudden hush and subsequent shuffling that overcame the carefree, noisy chatter was a dead giveaway.

 

Why do you always take their side?” His tone was low, almost deflated, but you picked up a slight edge behind it.

 

Turning on your heel, you set down a plate on the counter with a frown. “What do you mean?”

 

He leaned lightly against the table, shrugging one shoulder. “Nothing. I guess it just bothers me that you always stand up for them. I already can't control them. I always end up being the bad guy.”

 

You approached him, shaking your head in confusion. “Oppa, I'm not doing it to make you look like the bad guy...”

 

He just sighed, crossing his arms across his chest. With a worried, involuntary twitch, you crept closer to him. You wound your arms around his neck with a quiet “Oppa?” He shrugged his shoulders, effectively pushing your arms off.

 

Ouch, that kind of hurt. Recoiling, you just gave him a pained stare and took a couple of steps back.

 

I'm not saying you're doing it on purpose,” he said quietly, looking down at the floor. “But it happens anyway. I need you to know that.”

 

You glanced at the doorway that led to the living room. Judging by the silence, the rest of the group had dispersed into their respective rooms. When you looked back at Sunggyu, he was staring at you. Intently. Kim Sunggyu's notorious glares were, for lack of better terms, deadly. It was a little like being slapped and insulted by your favorite person in the world, at the same time. Incidentally, that person happened to be him. And at the moment, he was giving you an extremely intense stare, his eyes pinning you from underneath those dark eyelashes. It made you shudder.

 

S-Sunggyu-oppa...?” You ducked your head, taking a tentative step closer to him. “Please tell me you're not really mad.”

 

He continued with that intimidating stare for another second before closing his eyes and shaking his head. There seemed to be a lot of that tonight. It gave you the sense of his disappointment, and that was probably the worst feeling of it all. “A-are you really mad at me? Are we fighting?”

 

His huff sounded like a cross between a laugh and a sigh, which told you absolutely nothing.

 

Reaching out to him with a hesitant hand, you touched his arm gently. “At least tell me...” you said softly. “That way I can know how to respond to this...”

 

He opened his eyes. This time, the look was a little less deadly, but it was a little more sad. There was a look of pain in that stare. “I'm not trying to start a fight, ___.”

 

That still didn't make you feel any better, but he did open his arms. You stepped into the embrace gladly, thankful that it helped to lighten the dark mood that kind of engulfed you all at once. “Then what are we doing here?”

 

He touched his forehead to yours, letting his eyelids slip closed again so you couldn't read those eyes. “I'm trying to get you to see how much it's not helping anyone when you take those kids' side.” He heaved a huge sigh, his chest expanding up against yours. “Besides, I like to think that you agree with me every once in a while.”

 

You smiled, kissing his mouth lightly. “I do. You're just a little hard on them sometimes.”

 

He groaned in frustration. “I have to be! They're all so stubborn!”

 

The aggravated flush of his face made you giggle like a schoolgirl. “So you decide that using that scary glaring of yours on your girlfriend would make it all better?”

 

He pulled his head back, looking at you incredulously. “I didn't do that.”

 

You raised an eyebrow, mimicking his pointed stare with an exaggerated expression of disapproval. “Oh, really? You didn't stare at me all tough and angry just now, oppa?”

 

N-no...” His hesitation was so easy to jump on. With a burst of laughter, you leaned up and kissed his parted mouth, squeezing his neck between your arms as you tugged him closer. He only fought it for a brief second, then he was kissing you back fervently, his arms snaking around your waist to hold you close.

 

When you pulled away for a gasp of breath, he was smirking. “That stare wasn't meant to be taken like that.”

 

Like what?” you asked breathlessly.

 

I wasn't really mad,” he elaborated. “I just wanted you to remember who was in charge here.”

 

You would've laughed, but the sudden explosion of noise from the doorway interrupted you. “___! Is he yelling at you?!” You were yanked from Sunggyu's hold almost violently, your arms being pulled back by two different hands. After an unnecessary spin, you found yourself cuddled against Woohyun's chest, one hand closed over your head protectively as Dongwoo stepped in front of you. “Aish, leader, don't be too hard on our ___-sshi~”

 

Sunggyu just gaped at the scene, his surprise even more amusing than s' choding antics. “What makes you think I would be mad at ___? You're the ones that are making trouble!”

 

You watched the situation unfold with a sigh, still tucked under Woohyun's hold. You kind of tuned out after the 'making trouble' bit, but you could hear the joking that came at Sunggyu's expense. Rolling your eyes, you just stepped out of Woohyun's 'protection' and wandered over towards the door. “Okay~ If anyone needs me, I'll be watching TV~” you whispered as you tiptoed from the scene.

 

Of course, not before you glanced back at Sunggyu's cornered form. Perfect timing – he met your gaze directly, with that same dark, piercing stare. Oh, you were going to be in for it when he caught up to you.

 

---

 

end note: Um... It didn't really turn out like I initially planned for it to, but okay. xD I hope you enjoyed. c: