Midnight Snack || Changseob

Mixtape || Collection

_ midnight snack

 

Your head dropped backwards, thumping against the wall at the same time you slammed your book shut. “Baaaabe~” you groaned.

 

Hm?” Changseob rolled over on the bed, his arm winding around your waist.

 

I'm hungry,” you whined, pouting at the growling you could feel rising in your stomach.

 

You felt a chuckle rumble from his chest across your thigh. “It's almost midnight.”

 

With a sigh, you slid down against the head of the bed frame and came to rest against your boyfriend of two years, throwing a leg over his hip and an arm around his waist. “I know, but I'm hungry~”

 

He let out something midway between a groan and a chuckle, running a palm flat against the skin of your leg. “Oh, okay. I see how this is gonna play out. What do you want, baby?”

 

You smiled. He was always so willing to cater to you, just one of the many reasons you were so in love. Dropping a kiss on his button nose, you shrugged. “Umm... grilled cheese?”

 

His eyebrow raised automatically. “I don't think you've ever shown me that, have you? Is that another one of your interesting American snacks?”

 

You giggled at his confusion. “I've shown you! It's the cheese sandwich, you remember? Bread, nice melted cheese in the middle?”

 

It took him a second, but when his eyes lit up in recognition, he just laughed. “Right, right. I remember now. And you couldn't possibly think of anything else? Tteokbokki, jokpal, gamjatang?”

 

You shook your head with a frown. “Well, that means you have to go out and get some. I don't want you to leave.”

 

He shook his head, still laughing lightly as he slid out from your hold and moved off the bed. “Okay, okay. Thank you for your consideration, honey. I'll go make you some of this grilled cheese. We have all the things I need in the kitchen?”

 

You nodded happily, blowing him a kiss. “Yes~ Thank you, Changseobie~!” He dismissed your aegyo with a nod, rolling his eyes playfully as he slapped a hand over your bare leg.

 

With a squeal, you rolled away. “Changseob!”

 

Grilled cheese in the middle of the night, this woman,” he muttered as he walked away.

 

Can you make sure to get a lot of butter on the bread?” You barely saw him wave your comments away as he walked into the dark kitchen. You craned your neck over the edge of the bed to watch the lights flicker on, listening to him puttering around with the cupboards and the fridge.

 

It was a good fifteen or twenty minutes before he finished, with you getting back to your book and listening to Changseob's clattering. There was also the occasional yell and curse, to which you called out to him in worry. A couple of times, you made a move to get up, but he'd call out to you that he was okay before you even made it out of the sheets. When you finally saw the kitchen darken and hear his footsteps padding back to the bedroom, you set your book down to greet him with a bright smile.

 

He walked in with a small plate in one hand and a glass full of juice in the other, kicking the door shut behind him. He walked around to your side of the bed and set the food down on the nightstand with a sigh. “Here you go, grilled cheese, as my lady requested... Kind of.”

 

You leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek, but couldn't help but glance nervously at the sandwich with his remark. The sandwich looked pretty standard issue. He remembered the butter, you could tell from the slight browning of the bread, and the cheese just oozed past the edges, just the way you liked. And you didn't even have to tell him that. Sure, the edges looked a tad bit burned, but you weren't quite sure what he could possibly mean. “What 'kind of'? It looks perfect.”

 

He straightened and raised an eyebrow. “Are you just saying that to make me feel better? I've never made this before. You always make me experiment with American food at the oddest times. Look, I burned it.”

 

You looked down at the food with a soft laugh, watching him plop back down on the bed. You picked up the sandwich without hesitation and took a big bite from one corner, letting the cheese melt all over your lips. Mm, and it was still all warm... You let the bite roll around in your mouth for a second, a noise of satisfaction escaping your throat as you closed your eyes and savored it. Everything, especially freshly made, buttery grilled cheese, was just so heavenly at twelve in the morning. When you finally made yourself swallow the little piece of happiness, you looked down at Changseob, who was staring at you open-mouthed.

 

Is it really that good?”

 

You nodded enthusiastically, holding it out with a grin. “Oh, it's delicious, babe. Here, have some with me!”

 

He looked at it, took a sniff, then gave you a skeptical little pout. “You're not trying to trick me, are you?”

 

You laughed and shook your head. “Just take a bite. You made it, you should know. It's soooo good~”

 

He shrugged and leaned over to take a small bite from the same corner, nibbling at it before nodding. “Yeah...” Apparently appeased, he crawled back to his side of the bed and made himself comfortable as you continued eating, passing him a small bite now and again.

 

When you polished off the whole thing and downed the glass of juice, you got up to wash your hands of the butter and brush your teeth. You clicked off all the lights when you came back and climbed right back into the bed, cuddling against Changseob's side with a content sigh.

 

I better get a nice thank you for that,” he teased, poking your side as he wrapped an arm around you to pull you against him.

 

Nuzzling his jaw, you kissed him gently. “Thank you, Changseobie~ You're the best. I love you and your American cooking.”

 

He nuzzled you back with a chuckle. “Damn right you do.”

 

You smacked his chest, scoffing. “Try that again.”

 

You know I'm kidding, baby,” he said, planting a kiss on your forehead. “I love you, too.”

 

---

 

end note: Ever had a craving for grilled cheese at midnight? ◕_◕ It's intense. xD Random fluff. I figured I'd break up the . ¬¬ But honestly, thank you for all the subscriptions and comments! Much appreciated~ Let me know of any particular fandoms that you readers would like to see. c: