Innocent || Luhan

Mixtape || Collection

 

_innocent

 

You sat fidgeting in your seat, playing absentmindedly with the zipper on the small pocket of your backpack. Looking around from your spot in the back – the ideal seat for people-watching and slacking off – you saw students milling about, starting to settle into their seats. Most of them looked young – wide-eyed, gaping freshmen on their first day of classes. It made you smile uneasily remembering the feeling. Unfortunately, you couldn't really be too excited about being in a large introductory lecture course.

 

The class filled up quickly, within the last few minutes before the professor waltzed in with gusto and began rummaging around in her bag. With mild dread and some expectation, the seat to your right was filled by a nice-looking girl who kind of smiled and waited for your nod of approval. She looked just as enthusiastic about being in the class, so you guessed she was in your same boat.

 

When someone tapped your left shoulder, you turned your head with a questioning arch of your eyebrow.

 

Hey.”

 

L-Luhan-oppa!”

 

He sat down in the empty chair beside you with a smile. “Hey, ___. How are you?”

 

I-I'm great,” you stammered. “How are you?”

 

I'm doing pretty good.”

 

The rest of the obligatory small talk was cut off by the professor clearing and commencing with a long introduction of herself, her degrees, and her expectations for the class. Somewhere along the lines, a copy of the syllabus was passed your way, and you scanned it over as she rattled on.

 

Luhan nudged your arm with an elbow, gesturing to the syllabus with a sigh. “She's making us do video responses?”

 

You looked down at your own copy with a grimace. “I know. I'm not looking forward to those days.”

 

So why are you taking this class?” He leaned closer to you, slouching across the wide desk after abandoning the stapled set of papers.

 

Requirement. Why are you in this class? I don't think I've ever seen you even step foot in this hall before.”

 

He gave a low chuckle. “You're right. This is probably my second time. The first was me accidentally walking in with Minseok when he was taking an intro chem class here.”

 

'Accidentally', huh?” You giggled, glancing down consciously at the way his shoulder rested comfortably up against yours. “S-so why are you taking it?”

 

He shrugged. “Thought it would be interesting. I mean, it's still a requirement, but I like to think I have some choice.”

 

Oh, you're still so innocent, oppa,” you teased, bumping him gently over.

 

He poked his lips out, kind of proving your point, but the way his voice dropped was one of challenge. “I don't know if you're allowed to pass judgment on that, considering I hardly ever see you anymore.”

 

You guys are the ones who moved, remember?” you shot back, even though just mentioning it kind of upset you. When he lived in the apartment right next door – with five other of your relatively good friends – the two of you saw each other pretty often. In fact, doors just tended to stay open and everyone would come and go as they pleased between the two apartments. Three actually, because the door right across from yours, home to six other good guy friends, was always open too. While that generally meant a lack of peace and quiet – especially when it involved Baekhyun and Chanyeol – it was a lot of fun. It really made for a year of extremely memorable moments.

 

He groaned, crossing his arms on the desk and dropping his head onto them. “I know, but we didn't renew our lease for that apartment on time, so we all ended up moving to the building over. No excuse for you not to come see me.”

 

Why do I have to come see you?” you said with a scoff. “Shouldn't you be the one knocking on my door?”

 

He picked his head up with a smirk. “Because your roommates are always home studying. Meaning we would never get time alone.”

 

A hot blush exploded on your cheeks, eyes widening at his suggestion. “W-why would we need that?” Before he could even answer, your awkward brain produced a counter for any other provocative comment he might be tempted to make. Unfortunately, your mouth supplied it before you could even attempt to clamp it shut. “We're always quiet, at least when you guys aren't around, so our apartment is good for studying.”

 

His grin was devilish, one you only really ever saw him wear when he was around the other boys. “Yeah, but not exactly for other things I'd much rather be doing with you.”

 

All the heat your body was suddenly radiating made you fidget uncomfortably in your seat. “Wh-what?” Your voice squeaked a pitch higher with nervousness, and when Luhan snickered, it just made your embarrassment even worse. Not to mention, the girl who was sitting on your other side was sending you sidelong glances of curiosity; or maybe she was trying to see over you to the notoriously attractive man at your shoulder. You hoped she wasn't picking up Luhan's low, suggestive whispers, at least.

 

He scooted impossibly closer, making a point of tucking your hair behind your ear as he leaned in to speak into it. “Who's innocent now, ___?”

 

You almost sputtered some incoherent noises at him but remembered just where you were having this little tête-à-tête. “Th-that's just-”

 

He laughed behind the back of one hand, eyes narrowing with his obvious amusement. “Okay, so that was a low blow, but I mean it, anyway.”

 

Just as you opened your mouth to answer with something else that was probably also nonsensical, everyone began shuffling with their things and getting up to leave. Almost automatically, your body followed, but Luhan grabbed your hand before you could follow the crowd of students piling out of the doors. He took your bag away and slung it over his back before wrapping an arm around your shoulders and tucking you close. Not really knowing how to protest, and not really understanding why you even wanted to, you just followed silently as he led you out of the classroom and down the long hallway with the rest of the student migration. He walked with his arm hanging casually around you until the two of you followed the biggest flow of the crowd out of the building.

 

Luhan!” You shadowed Luhan's movement as he turned to the familiar voice. “Oh! ___, too! Hi~!”

 

A smile instantly split your lips when you spotted Minseok running up to the two of you, arms wide open. Without hesitation, you stepped into his warm hug. “Minseok-oppa!”

 

Hey, ___, I've missed you so much! I feel like I haven't seen you in such a long time!”

 

A couple of months, to be exact,” you sighed.

 

I'm glad you found her, Luhan!” Minseok addressed him from behind you, grinning from ear-to-ear. “So what did it take for you to convince that professor to let you into her class so you could spend time with ___, huh?”

 

Your eyes darted to Luhan in shock. “What?”

 

Luhan threw a deadly glare Minseok's way before walking up to you and enveloping you in a tight embrace. Lost and flustered, all you could manage was to wrap your arms around him in return. “Okay, so I lied about the requirement thing. In fact, I was told I probably shouldn't be taking so many credits this semester.” He looked down at your blushing face with a charming smile.

 

Oppa... I-”

 

But I really missed you~” he said, squeezing you even tighter against his body.

 

I missed you too,” you murmured into the fabric of his shirt, trying to tamp down the slight panic that you felt from all these overwhelming twists.

 

You know what this means though, right?”

 

You shook your head, frowning up at him. “No, what?”

 

His wink was so conspicuous, you heard Minseok snort from behind you, but your ears focused on Luhan's hushed voice above all the other noises around you. “We're going to be doing a lot of studying together.”

 

---

 

end note: (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ We all needed more naughty Luhan in our lives. -cackle- Thanks for reading, my lovelies! Also, I realize that the Tao was the next one on the list, but I effed up. I'm rewriting some of it, but it'll be up. c: