All || Himchan

Mixtape || Collection

 

_all

 

You'd never seen Kim Himchan so angry.

 

His ears were red, matching the hue on his normally pale cheeks. His jaw was clenched into a rigid square, and even from the distance, it sounded like he was gritting his teeth. You stared at the picture in his hand, struck silent and gaping as he crumpled it in a white-knuckled fist.

 

Who the told you you could look at these?”

 

Himchan...”

 

He never used that kind of language around you. He never looked at you like this either, with his eyes blazing like he wanted you to burn on the spot. Ducking your head in shame, you curled against the arm of the couch. “I-I'm sorry. I didn't think-”

 

Himchan...”

 

Shut up, Yongguk. No one's talking to you.” He stood there for way too long, just staring a hole into the side of your face because there was no way you could meet his eye. Especially not when you couldn't seem to hold in the tears that wanted to roll from yours. You swallowed thickly, wanting to cringe away from the arm that Yongguk tucked around you. You had nowhere to go though, so you stayed where you were and just watched from the corner of your eye as Himchan stalked out of the room. He made a point of tossing the picture at the wall, and you winced as it bounced onto the carpet in a smashed ball.

 

___...”

 

Yongguk wasn't even able to make the remark before you burst into quiet sobs. The ringing in your ears was defeaning, so you couldn't make out what he was trying to say as you ran from their apartment and down the hallway into your own.

 

---

 

The knock came with a strained mutter of your name.

 

You didn't want to answer. You just wanted to lay on your couch, under your warm blanket. You just managed to stop the crying a few minutes ago, and you didn't need him to say something else to make it start up again. Your eyes already hurt enough.

 

Come on, ___. Please open the door...”

 

He sounded absolutely dejected, but you fought the tightening urge in your chest and pinched your lips together.

 

I... ___, are you really gonna make me do this out here?” There came a hefty pause to give you ample time to respond. Which you didn't. “I didn't mean to do that, ___. I'm really sorry. You...”

 

You craned your neck towards the door, scowling at him through it.

 

I shouldn't have talked to you like that. I know.”

 

Rolling off the couch, you wrapped the blanket around your shoulders and shuffled to the door, letting your hand hover over the doorknob as he continued.

 

Please let me in. You at least deserve an explanation as to why I was such a-”

 

You pulled the door open with a creak, interrupting his quiet speech with a sigh. “Why you were such a ?”

 

After a quick survey of your swollen eyes and pouty lips, he frowned. “I'm sorry I made you cry.”

 

Shut up, and come inside. It's cold out there.” You hobbled back to the couch, tripping over your long blanket a couple of times before finally stretching out and making yourself comfortable again.

 

With a deep breath, Himchan shut the door behind him and dropped down onto the floor in front of you. You avoided his eyes, even though he made a valiant effort to try and catch yours. “I'm really sorry.”

 

Apologies are nothing to me without explanations, Himchan.”

 

He cleared his throat at your sharp retort but nodded in agreement. “Right, makes sense... Well...” Again, a pop of noise to clear the lump that made his voice raspy. “I just-”

 

At his hesitation, you shot him a look. “Himchan.”

 

He actually blushed, and the color went back to flooding his ears. “___, it's hard, okay? You don't understand how sensitive I am about those pictures.”

 

You didn't even hold back the roll of your eyes. “Oh, because I didn't get the whole yelling at me part, or the photo album you threw across the room... or maybe the whole crumpling up the picture thing wasn't enough effect for you?”

 

He groaned, rubbing a hand over his face. “___, I don't need your sarcasm right now, okay? .” He turned his back to you, burying his face in his hands with a wordless yell.

 

The guilt creeped up on you instantly. You leaned up on your elbow, rubbing a hand over the tense muscles of his shoulders. “Okay, okay. I'm sorry.” You sat up until you could tuck your legs around his sides, leaning down to wrap your arms around his neck. “No more. Just tell me.”

 

His hands were still shielding his face, but you heard his voice rumble through. “You saw what I looked like, ___. I'm sure you can understand why I hate those pictures.”

 

Your eyebrows pinched together. “No, I don't, actually.”

 

He cocked his head at you incredulously. “___.”

 

Himchan,” you shot back with a scowl. “Seriously. I don't understand why you would be embarrassed of it. It's an achievement. You were able to take better care of yourself and look how you wanted. I don't see how that could be a bad thing.”

 

He shook his head vehemently. “Yongguk still didn't have to show you that sh-” Paused, then remedied it with, “-stuff. He knows how much I like you. That's not exactly the way to impress someone you're into.”

 

You pulled back, mouth rolling in amazement. It wasn't like you weren't aware that Himchan liked you; and it wasn't like you weren't completely crushing on the guy yourself, but this was the first time he ever said it outloud.

 

Oh, fu-”

 

Tonight definitely made it in your books for the most profanities-slash-almost-profanities you'd ever heard leave Himchan's polite, proper mouth. Laughing, you brushed a hand over his jaw. “Would it help if I told you that I like you even more now that I've seen them?”

 

He eased up onto his knees, winding his arms around your waist. He was smiling, but his voice was at serious contrast. “No.”

 

But they were cute, Himchan.”

 

Stop lying, ___. It doesn't look good on you.”

 

You would tell me something like that, Mr. Vain,” you teased, throwing your head back with a chortle. “But I'm serious. I feel closer to you, and you didn't even have to be a complete and ruin your picture.”

 

His jaw was slack as he snarled. “Did you just call me an ?”

 

Yup.” You nodded matter-of-factly. “I didn't think you had it in you though, to be honest. I'm kind of interested in this hardass Himchan I've never met before.”

 

He scoffed, his lips with an arrogant smirk before shaking his head. “There's a lot about me you don't know.”

 

You smiled, biting your bottom lip when you picked up on the slow ascent of his head towards yours. His lips were just a breath away from your own, but you stopped him with a hand to his chest. “I wanna know all of it.”

 

All of it?” he whispered with a raise of his eyebrow.

 

Yes.” You threw your arms around his neck as you nodded, brushing your nose gently against his. “All of it.”

 

Fine,” he conceded with a smile as he caught your mouth in a kiss.

 

---

 

end note: Suuuuper freaking random. .___. I was rewatching the episode of Show Champion when they showed the Block B/BAP/BIGSTAR transformation pictures and kept replaying because of how cute Pyo and Chan's reactions were... and yeah. This was born. I don't even. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌