Shame || Jaehyo

Mixtape || Collection

note: I was inspired while re-watching the 100 points out of 100 episodes, with his dorky, surprisingly sporty self. xD Jaehyo failed so much during those episodes, but he got Block B a lot of good publicity too~ <3

 

 

_shame

 

Jaehyo~!” you sang as you waltzed into the brightly lit living room of their dorm, carrying an armful of groceries. “Look what I've got for you~!”

 

As soon as you stepped fully into the room, a gloomy silence came over the small crowd gathered around. You spotted Jaehyo sitting in the corner of the room, beside a random pile of clothing. The other members were sprawled out across the rest of the space; Jiho, Kyung, and Jihoon in a tight circle, Minhyuk and Yookwon on two available chairs, and Taeil against the wall with his earphones plugged in. Jihoon's booming voice was the first to go noticeably quieter. Then Kyung and Jiho's carefree chatter followed quickly.

 

You stopped in your tracks as nine pairs of eyes focused on you. Somewhere along the way, their managers had joined in for the interesting little episode. With an awkward frown, you nodded. “Umm... H-hi, everyone. I brought something for everybody, don't worry.”

 

Jiho scrambled from his perch in a rush, tugging at Jihoon's shirt to bring him up too. Kyung mimicked their actions with an odd sort of smile on his face. “Oh, hi, ___! How are you? Good? Good, that's good! We'll leave you two alone, okay? Bye~”

 

You watched with wide eyes as the trio disappeared into one of the rooms, shoving their managers back with them in the process. You watched in the corner of your eye as Taeil crawled silently back into his room, followed by a smiling Minhyuk. Yookwon gave you a quiet 'bye' and a small wave as he took off after the two.

 

Which left you standing in the middle of a dimly lit, cluttered, idol living room... with a sulky Jaehyo in the corner. You raised an eyebrow and set all the groceries down on one of the abandoned chairs, temporarily postponing the fantastic dinner idea you'd been formulating all the way to the dorm. “Well then...” You kicked off your shoes, letting them join the mess of shoes already littering the floor, before ducking down to your knees and crawling to Jaehyo's sitting form. “Jaehyo, honey? Mind giving me a clue as to what exactly this whole 'abandon-the-girlfriend-with-her-doom-and-gloom-boyfriend' is all about?”

 

He remained silent, choosing instead to fall over onto his side and curl up, his back facing you.

 

Your eyes narrowed. “Oh, no, you don't! We both know how this is gonna turn out if you keep this going, Ahn Jaehyo.” Your voice took a dangerously lower tone.

 

A few more moments of silence followed, effectively broken by a poorly smothered snicker coming from the visible crack in one of the bedroom doors. You resisted the urge to roll your eyes and instead slapped your palm flat against Jaehyo's exposed arm. The smack that rang out in the empty room echoed, to your satisfaction. This time, a loud crack of laughter exploded in the bedroom with the younger set of boys.

 

Quite admirably, Jaehyo muffled his shout with both hands and folded his long body into a fetal position. And still, he refused you an explanation.

 

Seriously?” you said with a groan. With a heavy sigh, you crawled around him and plopped onto your side. He made a move to cover his face, but you yanked his hands away and situated yourself comfortably against his body, wrapping your arms securely around his torso. When you looked up at his face, you were met with the sight of his craning neck. “Yah!” you screamed with a scowl. “Stop being a baby and look at me!”

 

He struggled valiantly for all of two seconds before sighing and looking down at you until you were nose-to-nose. “___.”

 

Hello to you too, sir,” you answered with a smile. “What's the matter?”

 

Do you still love me?” he asked without preamble.

 

The shock that came over your face must have been hilarious, but the same deadpan, serious expression remained on his face, his eyes shining rather intensely. “What kind of question is that?” you asked with a shaky giggle. “Of course I do.”

 

I mean it,” he said, apparently completely ignoring your reply. “You don't want some new cool guy? Like L, maybe?”

 

Your face contorted in confusion. “L?”

 

L,” he repeated, still utterly serious. It was like the question held life-and-death significance.

 

You mean, Infinite's Myungsoo-sshi?”

 

His face fell. “You know his name?!” His voice was nearly a wail, and he flailed out of your hold to roll across the floor. All of that would've been extremely funny, had he not been groaning miserably the whole time, like someone had just punched him in the gut.

 

You scrambled up after him. “O-of course I know his name! I'm a fan of Infinite!”

 

A pained shout exploded from him, and he stopped rolling, face-first on the wood floors. You picked up a low, “Nooooo~” from him. From the open door of the bedroom, there was an echo of a low noise of disapproval. A little frantic, you knelt beside Jaehyo's form and settled your hands on his back.

 

Am I not supposed to like them?” you asked softly, confused beyond compare. What the hell was going on with him? And what the hell did Infinite have to do with this situation?!

 

I don't care,” he replied, his voice sounding suspiciously close to a sob. “Like them all you want.”

 

Jaehyo, of course I'm a bigger fan of Block B,” you offered. Appeasing a male's pride was a good way to work towards explanations, wasn't it? “And you're the best for me, always. You know that.”

 

His head lolled sideways to regard you with a skeptical look. His lips pursed. “You're just saying that to make me feel better.”

 

You nodded, smiling at his childish antics. “Yes, yes, I am. But it's working, isn't it?”

 

He sat up, eyes narrowing. “A little bit.”

 

Good,” you said with a chuckle. “Now, explain to the confused and seriously concerned girlfriend why we're having this stupid conversation, now?”

 

He leaned forward, until your faces were only inches apart, and he dropped his voice. “Y-you...” He breathed a soft sigh. “You watched me... lose all those things on 100 Points, didn't you?”

 

The disappointment in his voice was almost palpable, but when his words settled into your brain, your jaw dropped. Rolling your eyes, you shot to your feet and strode silently to the groceries, snatching them up and stomping to the kitchen. “I-I can't even-” You groaned and slammed the bags down on the counter. “Jaehyo!”

 

He scrambled up to his feet and chased after you, trapping you against the counter. “You did, didn't you?” he whispered, eyebrows scrunched together.

 

Are you being serious?” you whispered back fiercely. “This is the reason why you're being such a big baby right now?”

 

He held a finger up to your lips. “Shh! Everyone else in the house is already giving me so much trouble about this! They're taking bets on when you'll be leaving me, ___!”

 

You almost bit his offending finger off. Instead, you smacked his hand away with a scoff. “Jaehyo, don't be an idiot! I'm not gonna leave you!”

 

He stared at you in disbelief, which was the most ridiculous thing in the world.

 

I've known you were lame for a long time, Ahn Jaehyo. Even before we started dating, I was well aware of this.” You didn't even bother watching your volume. The whole dorm would hear about this eventually anyway, so there was no point in trying to hide. Hell, chances are, they all already know anyway. After all, they lived with the guy.

 

Jaehyo's face dropped comically. “What?”

 

You sighed and rolled your eyes, pushing at his shoulders to shove him away. “Yes, Mr. Big Shot Ulzzang Idol. For your information, your girlfriend knows you are hilariously lame at times. You have awkward moments and make really bad jokes... that are really not funny.” You crossed your arms and leaned back against the counter, watching him digest the information with slack-jawed surprise.

 

R-really?”

 

Instant nod. And he frowned so deeply that you couldn't hold back your peals of laughter. His shoulders slumped, and he moved to trudge away from you, but you threw your arms around his neck and pulled him down for a tight hug.

 

Oh my God, Jaehyo! Stop it!” You pressed a soft kiss on his cheek. “You know I love you and all your awkward lameness, you big dummy!”

 

He huffed loudly. “And now you think I'm dumb, too?!”

 

There was an obvious joking lilt to his tone, and you felt him return the hug, so you decided to ignore his comment. “Just so we're clear – I do not want Myungsoo-sshi. Or anyone else, for that matter.”

 

He pulled back and smiled down at you, which made you feel all warm and tingly. Typical effect of the Ahn Jaehyo charm.

 

Although, he is quite charming, isn't he?” you added teasingly, unable to resist the last smart remark.

 

Jaehyo scowled before planting his mouth squarely on yours. A perfectly pleasant way to shut you up, you thought with a grin. When he pulled back, you smiled brightly. “I love-”

 

Hey! You sickening lovebirds! When do we get to eat?!”

 

The moment-killing remark pulled an angry shout from Jaehyo, and he left you to run full-speed into the open bedroom. You rolled your eyes and reflexively tuned out the riotous screaming that followed, reaching into the grocery bags to start dinner.

 

Snickering quietly to yourself, you exchanged glances with their managers as they emerged from the war zone, shaking their heads. “They're all lame dorks, aren't they?”

 

You laughed when you received immediate nods.

 

---

 

end note: I love this<3. This is one of my better idol oneshots, and it turned out much better than I had hoped when I was planning it out in my head. It was worth staying up for, even though I work tomorrow. xD I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing! Feedback is much appreciated~ c: