`o4

His Annoying Games

 

Finally lunchtime reached, and Jae Soo saw Minhyuk standing outside of her homeroom. All the girls squealed seeing Minhyuk, and Sang Mi furiously kicks her desk as she storms out the other door, not looking at Minhyuk or Jae Soo.

“Jae Soo-ah, let’s go get some lunch,” Minhyuk told her from the door. Zico, Kyung, and Yookwon looked at Jae Soo who rolled her eyes annoyingly. “Wow, Minhyuk never really came and got his ex-girlfriends and take them to lunch,” Kyung said as Jae Soo looked at him.

“Hurry up you turtle,” Minhyuk said to Jae Soo. ‘What did Kyung meant by that?’ Jae Soo thought. “I’m coming already,” Jae Soo told Minhyuk, as she grabs her bag and walks up to him.

He grabs her hand and interlocked their fingers together, as soon as Jae Soo walked up to him. “What would you like for lunch?” Minhyuk asks her. “I would like you to leave me alone for lunch,” Jae Soo answered.

Minhyuk chuckled and pulled her with him out of campus. “Yah, where are we going?” Jae Soo asks. “To lunch,” he answered as he took Jae Soo out to the students’ parking lot.

“Here,” Minhyuk said as he hands her a motorcycle helmet. “I’m not going,” Jae Soo says as she crosses her arms and turns away. “It’s out to lunch, not ditching school,” he said. “I don’t care,” she replied.

“Don’t make me force you,” Minhyuk said, as he pulls Jae Soo up to him. She fought back and pushes him away, as she grabs the helmet. “Fine, fine, let’s go,” Jae Soo said at last.

Minhyuk got on the bike first, and Jae Soo sat behind. But she scooted a couple inches back, and held behind the seat. “Hold my waist,” he told her as he puts on his helmet. “No thank you,” Jae Soo answers as her helmet was already put on.

“You’ll regret it,” Minhyuk told her as he starts the engine. “I regret nothing,” Jae Soo replied. “Suit yourself then,” he told her as he drove off. “Yah!” Jae Soo shouted as she punched his back, and held onto his shoulders.

Minhyuk purposely drove fast again, and Jae Soo hastily held around his waist. Sang Mi saw Jae Soo on the motorcycle with Minhyuk, that she crushed her milk carton, which she held in her right hand.

“Omo, isn’t that B-Bomb oppa?” One of Sang Mi’s friends asks. “But isn’t that Jae Soo the new girl who’s riding with him?” Another one of Sang Mi’s friends asks. “KANG JAE SOO!” Sang Mi shouted heatedly.

“Hm, did you hear someone shout for me?” Jae Soo asked Minhyuk. “Nope, I just hear you baby,” Minhyuk said teasingly. “You teasing jerk!” She shouted at him, but he just laughs.

As Jae Soo holds onto Minhyuk’s waist, she found him to be comfortably huggable. She slowly rested her head on his back feeling the warmth. Minhyuk felt her head resting on his back, and a small smile curved on his lips.

Minhyuk wanted to say something to tease Jae Soo, but then he stopped himself. He hasn’t felt such warmth in so long, that he let it go. Jae Soo didn’t think of anything, but resting her head on Minhyuk’s back, because she was glad to be faraway from Sang Mi’s harassing.

They both reached a fast food restaurant, and Minhyuk lead Jae Soo inside. She took off her helmet and held it as they entered inside the restaurant. “What do you want?” He asked her. “Uh, what’s good here?” She asks.

“The burgers, fries, milkshakes, pizzas, fruits, ice creams, everything,” Minhyuk answered. “Then I’ll take two of those steak burritos, a large fries, and a medium strawberry milkshake,” Jae Soo said ordering.

“You seem to have an appetite,” Minhyuk said teasing, as Jae Soo hits him with the helmet. Minhyuk laughed and then ordered their food. As soon as their food was ready, they walked out to the patio and ate.

Jae Soo quickly grubbed on the tacos as she was dying of hunger, and Minhyuk smiled seeing her eat. “What?” She asks as she felt uncomfortable having him look at her as she eats. “Nothing, you just eat cute,” he told her.

“Tch, yea right,” Jae Soo said and turned around and ate her food. “Your milkshake is melting,” Minhyuk told her. “I know, I’m drinking it,” Jae Soo said as she turns back around and drinks it.

“So how was that horror flick?” He asked making a conversation. “Ahh, it wasn’t even scary. The ghost was getting overrated popping out randomly that I sort of fell asleep on it,” she answered and sips her milkshake.

“I see,” Minhyuk replied. “Yep,” Jae Soo responded and munched on her fries. “How about the book?” He asked not wanting any silence. “The book is quite interesting,” she answered.

“Really? What is it about?” Minhyuk asks. Jae Soo thought for a bit and then nods her head. “I’ll tell you about what I read so far, cool?” Jae Soo asked. “Sure,” Minhyuk replied smiling.

“So it starts out how this American Korean girl went to the country side of South Korea to marry this guy which her parents approves of. She doesn’t want to marry this man, because to her, he’s like a dork or whatever. Plus, she already has a man she loves in the States, but her parents doesn’t know. So back to the guy in the country, she marries him so he can migrate to the states and live with her. So far so good, but it’s quite sad. He fell in love with her at first sight, but she doesn’t see him in that way, even though they’re married,” Jae Soo explained and the aura around her became quite sad.

“Okay, but why do you think the title is called, Don’t Leave Me, Don’t Say Goodbye?” Minhyuk asks. “Well, I haven’t reached the end yet. Once I do, I’ll let you know,” Jae Soo answered and then finishes her milkshake.

Minhyuk smiled as he looks at Jae Soo. “What are you smiling at? Is there something on my face?” Jae Soo asks as she touches her face. “Haha, no silly. You’re just attractive,” he told her as he sips his drink and turns away.

Jae Soo felt herself blushing a little and felt her blood rushing inside her body fast. “You’re such a liar. That’s so cheesy,” she told him and walks up to throw her trash away. As soon as she turned around, she found Minhyuk standing behind her.

Jae Soo’s heart started pounding faster and faster as he leans in towards her. ‘What’s his next move? Kiss me on the forehead? Cheeks? Lips?!’ Jae Soo asks in her head as her eyes remained gazing up at him.

“If you’re done throwing your trash away, then can you move aside? I need to throw mine out too,” Minhyuk told Jae Soo. “Tch, there are many other trashes open over there. Why didn’t you just throw your trash there?” Jae Soo asked coming back to her senses.

“Maybe because I want my trash to be in the same one as my girlfriend,” Minhyuk answered lowering down his to face Jae Soo. “Stop being so flirtatious. You and your cheesy lines . Pick up some better lines if you want my heart to flutter,” Jae Soo told him and moves away, and walks back to her seat trying to breathe normally.

‘You are such a thinking he’ll kiss you. He just wanted to throw away his trash. Wait, why am I thinking if he’ll kiss me anyways? I hardly know this guy!’ Jae Soo yelled at herself in her mind.

“Girlfriend, you ready to leave?” Minhyuk asks teasingly. “Who’s your girlfriend?” Jae Soo asks annoyed by his flirt. “You are, jagiya,” he responded with a smirk. Jae Soo did a puke face at him, and then puts her helmet on.

Minhyuk laughs at her silliness, and then gets on the motorcycle. Jae Soo gets on behind him and held onto the side of his hips. “Not wrapping your arms around me like earlier anymore?” He asks.

“Shut up. I know what your motive is. You just want to look cool,” Jae Soo told him. “Haha, this is why I like you so darn much,” Minhyuk said as Jae Soo blushed and softly punches Minhyuk’s back.

“Hurry up already, I don’t want to be late for class,” Jae Soo said and Minhyuk nods his head laughing continuously. He drove off in a regular pace, and Jae Soo just remained holding onto his waist.

She didn’t want to hug him like before, because she was feeling awkward. “Yah, Kang Jae Soo,” Minhyuk called to her. “Yeh?” Jae Soo answers. “I don’t know why, but you’re the first girl who I took out to lunch after my past girlfriends,” Minhyuk answered.

Jae Soo’s grasp on Minhyuk’s side jacket tightened, as she felt her heart race. “I heard of this from movies and books before. You can stop lying,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk laughed. “If you don’t believe me, ask Zico them,” Minhyuk replied.

The two arrive back at school, and Jae Soo hands his helmet back to him and walks back to campus first. Lunch was apparently over, but Jae Soo made it in time for homeroom before the second bell of tardy.

She walked inside homeroom to find Sang Mi and her friends not in class. Jae Soo shrugged to herself and saw Zico smiling at her. “What?” She asked not understand why he’s acting like that.

“I’m shock,” Zico answered as Jae Soo turned to look at Kyung and Yookwon. They both also smiled at her too. Jae Soo sat down quickly and looked at Zico. “This has nothing to do with Minhyuk taking me out to lunch right?” Jae Soo asks.

“Actually, it does,” Zico answered with a nod. “Why?” Jae Soo asks. “Well, I’m not sure if you two are really dating, but then he don’t take out girls unless they’re his girlfriend,” Zico answered.

“Yea, and also, Minhyuk isn’t that kind to do this quickly,” Yookwon said jumping into the conversation. “Minhyuk usually waits for the perfect time,” Kyung said jumping in too. “Wait, wait, wait, one at a time,” Jae Soo said shaking her head, as she looked at them three.

“He likes you, and you should just date him already,” the three boys said at the same time. “What?! Hecka no!” Jae Soo shouted out loudly. Everyone looked at Jae Soo, and the boys awkwardly looked away not caring about Jae Soo.

She rolled her eyes and covered her face with her hands. ‘He doesn’t like me. He’s just playing around. He’s just one of those flirtatious guys. Don’t fall for it!’ Jae Soo told herself in her head.

“What’s wrong Jae Soo? Are you finding yourself into liking B-Bomb hyung?” Zico asks. “No!” She shouts at him and lays her head on top of her desk. “I don’t like him,” Jae Soo mumbled.


 

The past few weeks passed, and Jae Soo been trying to hide from Minhyuk every time she sees him. Every time she tries to make up an excuse to not hang out with him, he’ll just force her by dragging her along and everything.

Jae Soo is lost in herself. She has no idea if she’s liking him or not, but then she tells herself not to like him. Minhyuk’s been sweeter than usual too, and Jae Soo just en hates it.

“Jae Soo-ah, you’ve been acting weird lately, are you okay?” Ren asks her. “Ren, have you ever liked someone or have someone like you?” Jae Soo asks Ren a random question.

“Uhmm, I don’t think I ever liked anyone. Then again, I keep hearing rumors that this one dude named Woo Jiho likes me? I don’t even know who he is or how he looks like,” Ren answered as Jae Soo laughed.

“Woo Jiho is Zico. He’s a really cool guy, and I’m sure of it that you’ll like him if you both get to know eachother,” Jae Soo said as Ren shook her head. “No thanks Jae Soo,” she replied. “Why not? He’s a real gentleman,” Jae Soo said with a convincing smile.

“I’m not really in the mood to date anyone at the moment,” Ren replied as Jae Soo looked at Ren. Again, Ren looks troubled. Jae Soo became worried about Ren ever since the painting she saw.

“Ren, is there something wrong?” Jae Soo asks. “Of course not, I’m just not the type to date and all,” she answered. Jae Soo wasn’t buying it, but then didn’t want her friend to think that she was all up in her business, so Jae Soo stopped.

“So why’d you ask me that question about liking each other or having someone like you?” Ren asked breaking the silence. “Ah yes, I was just wondering, because I’m not sure if that jokester Minhyuk is trying to play around with me or not,” Jae Soo answered.

“Then why not talk to his friends?” Ren asks. “Ren, I would if I can, but I just can’t. They’ll thing wrong and overreact. Boys are dumb you know,” Jae Soo explained and Ren giggles.

“Besides, you are moving so fast in this art class? Have you been studying art your entire life?” Jae Soo asks looking at Ren’s new painting. “Well, you can say that I guess. I’m just an art person,” Ren answered.

“So does this painting have a story behind it?” Jae Soo asks as she skims through it. The painting had a gloomy feeling to it, with a home on top of a hill and rain drenching down. “No, it’s just a regular painting today,” Ren answered as Jae Soo nodded her head.

“I like your stick figures,” Ren complimented Jae Soo’s painting. “Yea, that’s all I can draw and paint, haha,” Jae Soo said with a laugh. “Song saeng-nim, is it okay if I pull Kang Jae Soo out of class?” A familiar voice asked.

Jae Soo looked up and found Kyung at the teacher’s desk with a note. “Class is ending soon, so why don’t you sit down by her over there and wait,” the teacher told him. “Okay,” Kyung obeyed and walked up to where Jae Soo was.

He pulled up a chair and sat next to Jae Soo. “Hi,” Kyung waved at her and at Ren. Ren waves back and Jae Soo just stares at him. “What are you doing here?” Jae Soo asks. “Minhyuk hyung wanted to see you,” Kyung answered.

“So? Couldn’t he wait until the end of class?” Jae Soo asks another question. “Well I guess he couldn’t, because you’ve been sort of hiding from him,” Kyung answered. “This is stupid, why would he think that I’ve been hiding from him? Pfft!” Jae Soo replied, as she started to hit her painting using her paintbrush.

“Jae Soo, Jae Soo-ah, Jae Soo,” Ren said, bringing her back to her senses. “Omo, my stick figures!” Jae Soo cried, as she just stopped painting for a while. Kyung scooted away a bit from Jae Soo, and turned to his left and saw a girl painting.

The bell rang and Kyung stood frozen there, watching the girl putting her painting away then packing up to leave. “Hi Mia,” Kyung quickly said before she left. “Oh Kyung, hi,” she greets him back. “Kyung-ah, the bell rang,” Jae Soo told him as he came back to his senses, and saw Jae Soo.

“Yeh,” Kyung replied and walked out first. Jae Soo was confused, but then shrugged it off. She followed Kyung upstairs to the third level, and saw Minhyuk with two of the other seniors, Jaehyo and Taeil.

“Where are the other boys?” Jaehyo asks. “I don’t know,” Kyung answered with a shrug. “What are we doing?” Jae Soo asks. “I guess we’ll meet them there,” Taeil said as Jae Soo rolled her eyes.

“I asked what are we doing?” Jae Soo asks again. “Call Zico,” Minhyuk told Kyung as he ignores Jae Soo. Jae Soo puffed her cheeks angrily and crossed her arms. ‘Fine, you want to ignore me? I’ll ignore you too then!’ She spoke in her head.

“He said to meet them at the spot,” Kyung told Minhyuk after hanging up his cellphone. “You guys go first,” Minhyuk told the boys as they nodded their heads. Jae Soo watched the boys leave, and she found herself alone with Minhyuk.

“What?” Jae Soo asked as Minhyuk held her hand. “I’m letting the bet go,” Minhyuk told her. “What?” Jae Soo asked in disbelief. “I said that I’m letting our bet we made a long time ago go, because I don’t want to force you in doing anything you don’t want to do. Today onwards, I won’t mess with you anymore,” he explained.

“Minhyuk-ah, what’s going on?” Jae Soo asked, knowing this isn’t Minhyuk’s everyday facial expression. “Nothing my dear, don’t be so worried. You are still my jagiya though,” Minhyuk sarcastically said, as he squeezes Jae Soo’s hand tightly for a bit then releases it.

He turned around and left downstairs on the opposite side from where Jae Soo stood. Jae Soo walked down the way she came from, and then saw Sang Mi running towards her way. “Where is B-Bomb oppa?” Sang Mi asks hastily, whilst catching her breath.

“He just left,” Jae Soo answered pointing at the other direction. “And you let him leave?!” Sang Mi shouted at Jae Soo. “If you’re going to harass me again, then don’t,” Jae Soo told her.

Sang Mi huffed angrily and then stared at Jae Soo with hatred like always. “You’re his god damn girlfriend, and you have no idea that he’s gonna be in a fight?” Sang Mi asks. “For the en millionth time, I am not—wait, what fight?” Jae Soo asked.

“As much as I hate you, I rather save B-Bomb oppa. Didn’t he tell you about any fight?” Sang Mi asked. “No, he just—forget it. Where is this fight?” Jae Soo asked as Sang Mi and Jae Soo both ran off to find Minhyuk and his friends.

Ren unchained her bike, and then saw Jae Soo running out with Sang Mi. “Where is Jae Soo going? I thought she hated Sang Mi?” Ren asked herself as she decides to follow.

“I heard that the B-Bomb oppa was going to fight these boys from Yudon High,” Sang Mi explained. “No wonder he...he was being so sincere,” Jae Soo said thinking back to what Minhyuk said to her. “This way,” Sang Mi directed Jae Soo.

“Where is this Sang Mi taking Jae Soo? Aren’t they heading towards a dead end only?” Ren asked herself, but quietly follows some more.

When Jae Soo and Sang Mi got there, guys were fighting. No one looked familiar to Jae Soo, until Sang Mi made a loud whistle and the guys turns around to face Jae Soo. No one looked familiar, because no one was Minhyuk or his buddies.

The fight was also fake too. Jae Soo was feeling uncomfortable about this, and as soon as she turned around, Sang Mi smiled at her. “Don’t bite the snake with venoms, because the venoms will come back and flow to poison you,” Sang Mi told Jae Soo, as Jae Soo just tilts her head.

“What the is that supposed to mean?” Jae Soo asks as she tries to back away from the guys and Sang Mi. “It means, mess with me, and your life is ed,” Sang Mi said with a smirk.

“Hmph, real smooth Sang Mi. You think by doing this, Minhyuk would turn to like you or want you?” Jae Soo asks. “Hahaha! I was never here,” Sang Mi said as she turned her back on Jae Soo and skipped away happily. “Yah, Shin Sang Mi!” Jae Soo shouted as the guys blocked her way.

“Where are you going pretty lady?” The guy asks. “Let me go s!” Jae Soo shouted at them as one held her from behind.

The only thing running in Ren’s mind was, go find Minhyuk or a friend of Minhyuk’s to help Jae Soo. She sped off with her bike and took off looking for the boys. “C’mon, please let me find you guys,” Ren prayed as she sped on her bike faster.

Ren braked and saw the guy who came and got Jae Soo out of class. She sped her bike over at him, and hopped off her bike and caught onto his shirt. “Woah, what’s the matter?” He asked as he held a bag in each hand, with two fried chicken boxes in each.

“Ren,” Zico said as his heart raced seeing her. “Please...please...help Jae Soo,” Ren begged, running out of breath. “Help Jae Soo? What happened to Jae Soo?” Kyung asks. “Hurry, please!” Ren said as she picks up her bike again, but can barely ride it anymore.

Her legs were tired from pedaling her bike so fast. “I’ll go with Ren, you go back to the pool hall and gather the boys. I’ll call you once I get to the place,” Zico told Kyung. Kyung nodded his head and ran back to the pool hall.

Zico helped Ren up and picks up her bike. “I’ll pump you,” Zico told her. Ren nods her head, as she sits on the front. Zico started pedaling as Ren leads him to the direction.

“Don’t touch me!” Jae Soo shouted, as she punched a guy on the face, and kicked another guy right on the nuts. She tried to run for it, but then another grabs her. It was six guys and one girl. Jae Soo wasn’t afraid of these men, she’s just afraid her brother might find out about her getting into this kind of trouble again.

One held Jae Soo from behind and sniffed her. “I love the smell you have on,” he told her. Chills ran down Jae Soo’s spine. The tone of voice was creepy, and it scared her more than what Minhyuk had done or said.

Another stood in front of her, and slapped her hard across the face. Jae Soo yelped in pain and she let out a cough. That guy punched her right on the stomach, and the man who held her released her having her fall to the ground.

Jae Soo crouched holding her stomach in pain. “Stupid ,” the one who Jae Soo kicked on the nuts said, as he came and grabbed Jae Soo by the collar and punched her on the face.

She let out quite some coughs, and then turned to spit at the guy’s face. The man punched her again, and right when he was going to head in for another, one of the guys stopped him. “We don’t want to kill her,” the one who stopped the guy spoke.

“What did Sang Mi wanted us to do to her?” One of the men asks. “Sang Mi says, to make sure she won’t have such a smart mouth again,” one answered. “The is that supposed to mean?” Another of the six asks.

“I don’t care, but Sang Mi paid us big money. So I’m having fun,” one said as he held Jae Soo by her hair. “We’re not here to take advantage of a high school kid. We’re here to make sure that she stops messing with Sang Mi, have you forgotten?” One of the men said.

“I’m not that low hyung. I’m just finally having fun by throwing this little piece of like a bean bag,” the one who held Jae Soo shouted, as he threw Jae Soo back onto the ground.

Jae Soo was pulled up by one of the six, and she tried to wiggle free but then every time she tried to, one of them will beat her up. She was getting tired and already bleeding out of , bruises were slowly appearing, and she could scarcely breathe anymore.

Zico and Ren reached the place, and saw Jae Soo getting beat down. Zico took out his cellphone and speed dial on Kyung’s number. “Tell the boys where we are at, because I’m going to help Jae Soo out first,” Zico said as Ren nodded her head.

She took his phone and waited for Kyung to pick up. As soon as Kyung picked up, she told Kyung where the spot is. Kyung told her they’d be there in less than one minute. Ren hung up and ran over to help Jae Soo too.

One of the six men was about to hit Jae Soo again, but then Zico grabbed a wooden stick he found. He ran up to that guy, and smacked the guy hard with it. The stick broke in half and Zico threw the stick down.

“Who the ? Who are you?” The guys all asked around. “I’m Jae Soo’s friend,” Zico answered as Ren tried to grab Jae Soo, but then she was pushed away by one of the men. “Don’t mess with me, I have a box cutter!” Ren shouted as she pulled it out of her bag.

Zico’s eyes were in shock, as all the guys laughed at her. “And what are you going to do little lady? We ain’t boxes,” one of the six men said. “I don’t care, I’ll cut you like boxes,” Ren spoke without any fear, as Zico smirked at her.

“Well you two are out numbered,” one of the guys’ said, as Zico snickered. “I doubt that,” Zico said as the guys heard a motorcycle noise. “Hyung!” Zico heard Jihoon’s voice. The motorcyclist came up, and almost ran over the six guys who surrounded Zico and Ren.

“Let them go you freaks!” Jihoon shouted as he took his bat, and tried swinging it at the guys. “Jae Soo-ah!” Kyung shouts as he sees her being dragged away under the bridge where they’re at. Minhyuk parks his motorcycle, and took off his helmet as he ran to help Jae Soo.

“You little !” Jaehyo shouted, as he kicked one of the guys who almost attacked Zico. “Come here if you want real fun,” Taeil said as he and Jihoon swung their bats at the guys.

“Let me go,” Jae Soo told the guy who dragged her. “Shut the up !” He yelled at her as he dragged Jae Soo like a doll. A pocketknife was pointed at Jae Soo’s throat, and she was feeling uncomfortable at this. All she thought of was the knife stabbing her.

“Let her go,” Minhyuk told the guy. “ you !” The guy shouted at Minhyuk, not listening at all. Taeil crept up from behind the guy, as he came the other way around. He swung his bat and hitted the guy’s back.

Jae Soo was freed, and Minhyuk quickly grabs her into his arms. Taeil kicked the guy on his rib side, as he picked up the pocketknife and threw it in the river. “Try messing around again and I’ll kill you,” Taeil told the guy who’s on the ground coughing.

“Are you okay?” Minhyuk asks Jae Soo as he held her in his arms. Jae Soo never felt so safe to be in his Minhyuk’s arms, and tears welled up in her eyes. Minhyuk felt Jae Soo breathing heavily and her body started to shake a little.

Minhyuk tried to stop Jae Soo, but then he just decided to hold her into his arms, as he hugged her tightly. “Just cry it out. Cry it all out,” Minhyuk said as Jae Soo let out the loud cries, while being wrapped in his arms.

The guys confessed to everything that happened, and Ren recorded their confession. Jae Soo was still crying, so Minhyuk decided to take her and the rest left together.



 

Hehehehe. Taeil being a bad boy. OH MAN! XDD