`34

His Annoying Games

 

Jae Soo returned home soon, and saw her brother Dong Won fixing himself a sandwich.

“Oh, Jae Soo-yah, where were you all day? You didn’t give me a call, and didn’t seem to be home. Minhyuk came by, but I shooed him away,” Dong Won said, and Jae Soo smiled at him.

“Oppa,” Jae Soo muttered, as she gave her brother a hug. “Okay… What do you want?” Dong Won asked, as Jae Soo hugged him. “Nothing, I’m just really happy that you’re here for me. You’re the best brother ever,” Jae Soo answered, and then pinched her brother’s left cheek.

“Ouch, what is that for?” Dong Won asked confusedly. “For being a great guardian,” she answered, and then burst into laughter. “Well then, this great guardian is going to eat his sandwich and watch television,” Dong Won said, and Jae Soo nodded her head.

Later on that night, Jae Soo worked on a couple of school assignments, and played around with her iPod. Suddenly, she heard rocks being thrown at her window. Anxious to see what’s going on, Jae Soo walks over to her window, and opened it.

“Minhyuk? What are you doing here?” Jae Soo tried her best to lower her voice. “I miss you,” Minhyuk answered, as he placed both hands over his chest. “Get out of here, before I tell my brother to shoo you away,” she told him, gesturing her hands for Minhyuk to leave.

“I won’t leave until we make up,” Minhyuk stubbornly acted as the same before. “I told you that I won’t talk with you until you make up with your dad,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk pouted at her.

“Please, just come out and talk with me. After this, I won’t bother you anymore,” Minhyuk pleaded, and clasped his hands together. Jae Soo gave up, as she trotted down the stairs and walked outside of her home.

“What is that you—Woah!”

Before asking what Minhyuk wanted, Jae Soo was pulled into Minhyuk’s warm arms for a hug. Without fighting back, Jae Soo actually missed being in Minhyuk’s arm. She even rose up both arms and hugged him back.

“Pabo, I missed you so much,” Minhyuk whispered as he tightened the hug. Jae Soo exhaled lightly, as she kept in silence. “Please Jae Soo, let me explain to you about the matters between my father and I, so you’ll know why I can’t make up with him,” Minhyuk said, as he broke the hug to look at Jae Soo.

“I already know,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk looked at her in confusion. “How?” He asked with a puzzled face. “Yookwon told me everything,” Jae Soo answered. “And you want me to tell you?” Minhyuk asked with an upset tone.

“Hey, don’t be acting like a child. I told you to make up with your father, and that’s when I went to talk with Yookwon,” Jae Soo answered, and Minhyuk smiled a small one at her.

“So did you and your dad make up?” Jae Soo asked, and Minhyuk shook his head. “My temper rose up, and I just couldn’t. The past just still haunts me,” he answered with a sad expression.

Jae Soo cupped his cheeks together with her warm hands, and quickly pecks Minhyuk on the lips. Minhyuk’s eyes widened in shock, as Jae Soo warmly smiled at him.

“Will the past still haunt you if I come with you?” Jae Soo asked, and Minhyuk lightly head bump Jae Soo. “You sneaky girl, when did you start being a skin ship stealer?” Minhyuk asked, ignoring Jae Soo’s question.

“I learnt from the best,” she answered cheekily, and pokes Minhyuk’s chest. Minhyuk held her hand, and kissed it. He also rests her hand on his cheek, and smiled down at Jae Soo.

“You still haven’t answered my question,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk nodded his head. “How about tomorrow night? Dinner at my place, and we’ll together talk with my father,” Minhyuk scheduled, and Jae Soo nodded.

“Sounds like you’re asking my hand in marriage,” Jae Soo said chuckling. “Maybe I should,” Minhyuk joked, and Jae Soo blushed. “Shut up, go home before you get sick in this bipolar hot and cold weather,” she shooed Minhyuk away.

“Fine, fine, just one more kiss, please?” He begged cutely. Jae Soo furrowed her eyebrows at Minhyuk, but he pouted cutely at her with the baby eyes. “Ugh, fine!” Jae Soo gave in, as she laughed.

Minhyuk cheered with glee, as his dimple smiled with him. Jae Soo poked Minhyuk’s dimple, and kissed it afterwards.

“There, goodnight,” Jae Soo said, and then turned around back to her front door. “What? That’s not fair,” Minhyuk whined like a child. “Stop being a baby, you big boy. Go on home,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk crossed his arms and shook his head.

“Yah, Lee Minhyuk! You can’t have everything your way, alright?” Jae Soo said, as she hissed. “But you can? I’m human too,” Minhyuk replied, and Jae Soo clenched a fist tightly.

Minhyuk saw how angry Jae Soo was, and he giggled. Seeing the old Jae Soo back again, brought a smile to his face.

“Goodnight jagiya,” Minhyuk said, as he quickly pecks Jae Soo’s lips, and races off home. “Yah, yah! Lee Minhyuk!” Jae Soo touched her lips, and yelled for Minhyuk.

 

When entering inside the campus without Minhyuk’s presence, Jae Soo saw Ah Young smiling at her. Jae Soo smiled back, but was confused as to why Ah Young wasn’t in uniform. Instead, Ah Young was holding to a box.

“Congratulations, you won,” Ah Young said, and Jae Soo tilted her head, not understanding what Ah Young meant. “I didn’t win anything,” Jae Soo replied, and Ah Young scoffed.

“You’re B-Bomb oppa’s girlfriend now, okay? I lost for trying too hard. I’m really happy for you,” Ah Young explained, and Jae Soo chortled.

“I’m not his girlfriend, as he didn’t ask me to be his girl yet. Also, if you didn’t try so hard, maybe you would’ve gotten a chance,” Jae Soo replied, and Ah Young chuckled.

“I can careless, because I did my job to try already. Anyways, apologize to Ren for me, will ya?” Ah Young asked, as she walked towards Jae Soo. “Apologize to her for what?” Jae Soo asked.

“The lotion incident. I seriously thought that it was your bag of clothes, but had accidently squeezed the lotion into Ren’s clothes instead,” Ah Young answered, and Jae Soo laughed.

“And to think that you had the brains. Ah Young-yah, why won’t you just apologize to Ren yourself? I’m not a messenger, or will I ever be. If you have the guts to congrats me for winning, then apologize to Ren yourself. I’m not involved in the lotion incident,” Jae Soo replied, and walks away.

Ah Young shrugged, and walked out of campus to find Ren riding her bicycle with Zico following behind. She bowed to them, and greeted the two bikers with a smile.

“Tch, what do you want, drama queen?” Ren asked, as she was annoyed by Ah Young’s fake smile. “I’m sorry,” Ah Young apologized, and Ren rolled her eyes away, as she locked up her bike on the ramp.

“If you’re really sorry, you’d show it,” Ren said fearlessly, and Zico placed a hand on Ren’s shoulder. “What is it that you want, Ah Young? Ren isn’t in the mood for any tricks,” Zico said defending Ren.

“Nothing, I just want to apologize for what happened,” Ah Young answered, and Ren crossed her arms. “Like what happened?” Ren asked, and Ah Young gulped. “I was the one who squeezed the lotion inside your bag of clothes,” Ah Young flat out answered.

As angry as Ren was, Zico tightly gripped her wrist, and Ren slowly calmed herself down.

“Yeah, no problem at all. I mean, you probably didn’t mean to do it,” Ren replied, and Ah Young nodded her head. “Intentionally, it was for Jae Soo unnie, but then I took your bag by mistake. I’m truly sorry,” Ah Young apologized again. “I’m sure you’re sorry, or you won’t be sorry forever,” Ren muttered, and Ah Young nodded her head.

“Wait Ah Young, why aren’t you in uniform?” Zico asked, changing the subject. “Ah, I’m transferring out. I’ve decided that Seoul isn’t for me, and so I’ll be leaving now. Take care,” Ah Young answered, and waves as she walks out of campus.

“This is too easy,” Ren squinted her eyes, as she didn’t believe that Ah Young would give up easily like this. “Yah, give it up, okay? She’s gone now, and maybe Jae Soo and Minhyuk are being kissy lovey dovies,” Zico joked, and Ren laughed at him.

“You’re so lame,” she mumbled, as she made her way to class. “I am not lame!” He shouted.

 

Kyung walked with Mia to school, and quickly grabs her hand holding it. She looked at him squinting her eyes, and Kyung chuckled.

“You know, I have a surprise for you after the talent show,” Kyung said, and Mia smiled. “Really?” She asked. “Mm, it’s going to be a great one too,” he answered. “So are you going to hint me on it?” Mia asked, and Kyung shook his head.

“If I hint on it, then you’ll know,” Kyung replied. Mia pouted at him like a child, but Kyung looked away. “Nope, I won’t fall for any pouting tricks,” he told her, and Mia giggled.

“Kyung hyung, B-Bomb hyung scheduled us to practice tomorrow instead. He said he had something important to do tonight,” Jihoon told Kyung, as he ran up to his friend.

“Oh, what is important?” Kyung asked. “I’m not quite sure, but B-Bomb just said that it’s family matters,” Jihoon answered. “Family matters? That’s weird…” Kyung mumbled. “Something wrong?” Mia asked, as she looked at him.

“Hey, are you two dating like B-Bomb hyung and Jae Soo?” Jihoon asked, as he saw Kyung interlocking fingers with Mia. “What? You’re so silly Jihoon, Kyung and I friends,” Mia quickly answered, as she pushed Kyung away and blushed.

“Hehehe, it’s okay. Kyung already showed me the kissing pictures you both took at the beach,” Jihoon giggly replied, and Mia glared at Kyung. “Sorry, but Jihoon is my friend,” Kyung apologized, and Mia blushed madly all the way to school.

 

Jae Soo walked past the gym room, and her eye caught Minhyuk humming to himself, as he danced in front of a mirror. She quickly peeks inside, but was suddenly caught.

“Come on inside,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo giggled. “You caught me, huh?” Jae Soo asked, as she walked inside the gym. “You know, you’re not supposed to cheat and know what I’m doing for the talent show,” he told her, and lightly tapped Jae Soo’s nose.

“Well, it wouldn’t be called cheating, because you’d lose anyways,” Jae Soo said, as she pats on Minhyuk’s shoulders. “Who says I’m going to lose? My performance is not only going to throw off the judges, but it’ll blow your mind away,” Minhyuk replied, and Jae Soo gurgled.

“I ran into Ah Young this morning,” Jae Soo said, changing the subject. “Oh yeah? What’d she say?” Minhyuk asked. “She congratulated me on winning you, and then left,” Jae Soo answered. “Hm, sounds like Ah Young when she loses to a game,” Minhyuk replied.

“But this wasn’t a game,” Jae Soo said, as she looked at Minhyuk. “Game or not, Ah Young will always do this. That’s who she is, and how she is,” Minhyuk explained.

“Well should I be happy that I won? I mean, you’re no game to me,” Jae Soo said, as she wipes off the tiny sweat on Minhyuk’s forehead. “You should be happy, or else Piggy Soo and Moody Jae wouldn’t get a dad,” Minhyuk joked, and Jae Soo faked a gag.

“What? I’m a very good dad, okay?” Minhyuk replied, and Jae Soo laughed. “Sure you are,” Jae Soo said with a laugh, and Minhyuk lightly pinches both her cheeks.

“Are you nervous about tonight?” Jae Soo asked Minhyuk, reminding him about the dinner plans. “Uhmm… Yeah, sort of. I mean, I’ve never had dinner with my dad in a while now, and now that you’re going to be there also. It’s kind of interesting,” Minhyuk answered.

“I’m sure that everything will be fine,” Jae Soo said, as she cupped Minhyuk’s cheeks and smiled at him. “Thanks for going through this with me,” Minhyuk thanked her, and Jae Soo nodded her head giving him a smile.

 

After everyone exited out of school, Jae Soo this time patiently waited for Minhyuk.

“Have fun having dinner with your boyfriend and upcoming father-in-law,” Ren teased, and Jae Soo slapped her friend’s arm. “Will you shut it? I’ll cut your throat with your magical appearing box cutter,” Jae Soo threatened, and Ren laughed.

“Oh hey, I saw your best friend Ah Young leave this morning. Did you see her?” Ren asked, as she scoffed saying Ah Young’s name. “Yeah, I saw her. We just bid our goodbyes,” Jae Soo answered.

“That’s nice. I would’ve beaten her up if Zico didn’t hold me back. Hmph, well that everything is done. I’ll see you later, since Zico wants me to go bike riding with today,” Ren replied.

“Oh, don’t fall now, because Zico is a charmer who cares a lot about you,” Jae Soo teased, and Ren stuck her tongue out at her friend. Both girls laughed, and then waved goodbye.

“Let’s go,” Minhyuk said shortly after, when Ren had disappeared. “Should we buy something to cook, or order takeout?” Jae Soo asked, talking about the food. “Let’s just order,” he answered, and Jae Soo nodded her head.

The two quickly went to a restaurant, and ordered food to go. After ordering, Jae Soo went home to change into comfortable clothing, and then tells Dong Won that she’s having dinner with Minhyuk.

Dong Won confusedly let’s her go, as he thinks that the two have made up. With joy, Jae Soo and Minhyuk walked to his place to set up everything.

“I think I’m more nervous than you are,” Jae Soo said, as she set the table up with Minhyuk’s help. “Why so?” He asked, and Jae Soo shrugged. “I don’t know, because I’m meeting your father like this,” she answered.

“Oh geeze, you act as if you’ve never met him before,” Minhyuk replied rolling his eyes. “Minhyuk, this isn’t like at school, okay?” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk giggled. “Just hold my hand when you feel nervous,” he told her, as he cupped her cheeks.

Jae Soo smiled, as she waited for Minhyuk’s kiss. Lowering his head towards Jae Soo, the bell rang and the two separated quickly.

“Go open it,” Jae Soo ordered, and Minhyuk shook his head. “You open it,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo rolled her eyes. “It’s your dad, go open the door,” she argued back, and Minhyuk went to open the door in defeat.

“I brought dessert,” Principal Lee said, as soon as Minhyuk opened the door. “Yeah, I’ll take that,” Minhyuk replied, and led his dad inside. “Hello Principal Lee,” Jae Soo greeted him. “Evening,” he greeted back with a smile.

“I hope you like chicken stir fry and onion soup. Minhyuk also told me that your favorite is pork chop too, so we bought that for dinner too,” Jae Soo said, speaking casually to Minhyuk’s father.

“My, my, thanks a lot dear,” Principal Lee thanked the kind Jae Soo, and took a seat first. Jae Soo seated afterwards, and Minhyuk came to sit by her side next. “Dig in,” Minhyuk spoke up, as he started to eat first.

Jae Soo kicked his foot, and Minhyuk looked at her in confusion.

‘Be nice.’ She mouthed at him. ‘This is I being nice.’ He mouthed back.

“So what is it that you two would like to talk about?” Principal Lee asked, breaking the awkward silence. “Ahh, Minhyuk actually want to tell you something,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk looked at her.

“Oh, what is it that you need, son?” Principal Lee asked. Minhyuk cleared his throat, and drank his water after. “I…I…” Minhyuk stuttered, as he didn’t know how to start this.

Jae Soo then held his hand to break Minhyuk’s nervousness, and Minhyuk gave her a small smile.

“Father, is there any way whereas we can be father and son once again?” Minhyuk asked, and Principal Lee dropped the chicken bone on his hands, down onto his plate. “Son,” Principal Lee whispered.

“I know that I have closed in on you after mother and Min Jung died. I was just angry, and being plain selfish and stubborn. I didn’t think of the consequences, and didn’t think of anyone but myself. Also, I slowly placed myself in your shoes, and know how hurtful it could’ve been for you,” Minhyuk continued on his explanation.

Jae Soo smiled warmly at Minhyuk, as she looked over at the shocked Principal Lee.

“Minhyuk, my son. You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to hear those words. I’m truly sorry too, as I was stupid to not have love Min Jung as my own, when I basically raised her. I was angry and upset at your mother when I found out her secret, and did that because I was also stressed out. Son, if I can redo everything, I wished for nothing more but our happy family to be back again,” Principal Lee too, apologized and Minhyuk slowly curved a smile at his father.

The dinner table was soon with quite some laughter, and Jae Soo happily smiled at Minhyuk. He finally reconciled with his father, and Jae Soo was happy for him.

After dinner, Principal Lee didn’t bother to take any dessert, as he was too full. He only advised for Jae Soo to take care of Minhyuk after his leave back home, and Jae Soo agreed to.

While cleaning up, Minhyuk decided on washing the dishes. Jae Soo wiped the table clean, and then stood next to Minhyuk by the sink after.

“Thank you very much, Jae Soo. I needed a laugh with my old man,” Minhyuk replied, and Jae Soo chuckled. She walked behind him, and hugged his warm back. Placing her head against his warm back, Jae Soo giggled. “I’ve always wanted to do this to someone, when I see it in movies,” Jae Soo said, and she heard the vibrate of Minhyuk’s laugh.

“You my dear, watch too much movies,” Minhyuk teased, and Jae Soo laughed. After washing the last plate, Minhyuk turned around to face Jae Soo. Cupping her cheeks, Minhyuk lightly pecked her lips. “What was that for?” Jae Soo asked. “Kissing you needs a reason?” Minhyuk asked back, and Jae Soo chuckled.

“It’s getting quite late, why won’t you just sleepover?” Minhyuk asked, and Jae Soo shook her head. “I don’t think it’d be a great idea. Dong Won oppa might kill me for spending a night at your place,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk pouted.

“I’ll call him,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo shook her head. “Besides, I don’t even have my school uniform with me,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk nodded his head in defeat. “Fine, I guess I’ll be sleeping in my cold room all by myself,” he said, sounding like a child.

“That’s not very convincing,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk laughed. “We should get you home soon then,” Minhyuk said, as he held Jae Soo’s hand.

Whilst walking home hand in hand, Jae Soo was slightly confused. Were they dating, or just together with no strings attached? It just came across to Jae Soo’s mind, as she doesn’t remember Minhyuk asking her out.

“I’m kind of sad that we’re already at your house,” Minhyuk said with a pout, as he didn’t want to let go of Jae Soo’s hand. “You act as if I’m going to die,” Jae Soo joked, and Minhyuk lightly taps her head. “Yah, my jagiya will never die,” Minhyuk told her, and Jae Soo chortled.

“Goodnight then, Minhyuk. I had a wonderful time with you and your father. We should do it again sometime,” Jae Soo said, as she stood on her front porch. “Mm, I had a great time also. My father seems to like you very much, and I’m guessing that the next time I talk to him for a proposal, it’d be easy,” Minhyuk joked, and Jae Soo slapped his arm.

“Shut up,” she blushed madly, and Minhyuk pinched Jae Soo’s right cheek. “Get inside, Dong Won hyung is probably worried,” Minhyuk said, as he released Jae Soo’s hand.

Jae Soo looked at Minhyuk, and he looked back at her. Staring deeply into each other’s eyes, Jae Soo inched closely to Minhyuk’s face to kiss him. Just a kiss goodnight, that’s all Jae Soo wanted.

The door flung open, and Jae Soo quickly turned around to find her brother holding the huge white trash bag.

“Oh, sorry! I didn’t know you were both out here. I-I-I-I didn’t see a thing!” Dong Won said, as he threw the trash bag away, and dashed back inside.

Jae Soo and Minhyuk laughed at Dong Won’s silliness, and hugged each other goodnight.



 

HAPPY AFF BIRTHDAY TO ME. CHA CHA! HAPPY AFF BIRTHDAY TO ME. CHA CHA!

I'm officially THREE YEARS OLD in AFF WORLD. omfg. I'VE BEEN WITH AFF FOR THREE GOD DAMN YEARS. O_O

I know my profile says ONE but I had an account on here before, that I don't even use anymore. I made this one, because my older sister found my previous account, and I didn't want her to see my . >___< Hahahahha!

NEWAISE, DID ANYONE CATCH "EVOL"'s TEASER?!?!?!?!!??! *DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD* I LOVE EVOL FOR LIFE! LOL!

[Behind the Scenes]

Jaehyo: *cakes me in the face with cake* HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOOK AT YOUR FACE!

Me: You're the derp. =_=

Jaehyo: HEY, HEY, HEY! Wait... Yeah, I am a derp... >_<

Ukwon: Happy birthday AFF Author-nim. You're officially OLD! HAHAHAH!

Me: =____________= go hang yourself.

PO: Are we going to troll on the readers again? :3

Juni.J: Don't forget to check out EvoL's MAGNET teaser. Although it's not our title song, CHECK OUT THE TEASER. More teasers will be releasing. :DD

Kyung: What are you doing here? Go back to the studio. This is OUR story. >:\

Me: *closes the curtains as the children argues*

[End of BTS]