`30

His Annoying Games

“Princess~” the whistles were still being heard. “Don’t runaway!” The haunting voices shouted, as their loud laughter echoed.

“No!” Jae Soo shouted at the top of her lungs, as she breathed heavily. “Jae Soo-yah,” Ren sat up quickly, as she looked at her friend. “Ren,” Jae Soo cried, as she hugged Ren tightly.

“Wh-wh-where am I?” Jae Soo asked, scared and paranoid. “You’re fine, you’re safe with us now. Have you forgotten? We saved you,” Ren said, as she holds a bag of ice on her head.

“What happened to your head?” Jae Soo asked looking at Ren. “I knocked out this dude using my head,” Ren answered and laughed. Jae Soo smiled a small one at her, and looked around the room to find it empty.

“Don’t worry, Minhyuk, Zico, and Jihoon went to buy food for you. As for the other lazy bums, they went back to the inn to rest,” Ren answered, and Jae Soo lowered her gaze.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you glad that Minhyuk, your knight and shining armor saved you?” Ren asked, teasing her friend. “Actually… I don’t want anything to do with him anymore,” Jae Soo softly answered.

“What?” Ren asked in confusion.

“We’re back, and Jae Soo is awake! Oh my god!” Zico gasped in amazement, as he ran over to Jae Soo’s side. “How are you feeling? Are you hungry? The doctors said that you fainted due to hunger. Minhyuk we bought lots, and lots, and lots of food. Eat up!” Zico said, as he poured all the snacks out onto Jae Soo’s lap.

Jae Soo smiled at Zico, and gulped as she saw the snacks on her lap.

“You’re not hurt are you? The bad guys didn’t touch you anywhere, right? Did they beat you? If they did, I will chop off their heads and make human brain soup for you!” Jihoon said, and Jae Soo slightly giggled.

“Guys, give her space,” Minhyuk spoke up, and Jae Soo didn’t dare face him. Minhyuk was the reason why she ran off and met the guys in the woods. Jae Soo didn’t want to speak with him at the moment.

“Would you like me to make you noodles?” Minhyuk asked, as he sat down on Jae Soo’s hospital bed, and looked at her. Jae Soo still kept her head lowered, as she gripped tightly on the blanket.

“Let’s go cook some of the food that needs water and a pot,” Ren said, as she pulled Zico and Jihoon out of the room. “Ren,” Jae Soo called to her friend, but was ignored.

The door closes, and it was just Minhyuk and Jae Soo alone in the room. It was awkward and silent. Jae Soo felt like something was stuck inside , as she felt her body burn with anger. She wanted Minhyuk out of the room.

“My Piggy Soo should eat,” Minhyuk teased, and popped open a bag of chips. Jae Soo stood silent, as the tension in the room wasn’t very great. “Soo,” Minhyuk called to her.

“I want to be alone please,” she spoke up. “Look at me,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo refused to. “Please, leave me alone,” Jae Soo said again, but Minhyuk remained his gaze upon her.

“Look at me, Soo,” Minhyuk pleaded, but Jae Soo shook her head. “I don’t want to see you right now,” she replied, and Minhyuk heaved a sigh, as he turned away.

“If this is about—“

“Please just leave me alone,” Jae Soo repeated, and Minhyuk turned back to look at her. “I won’t leave until you look at me,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo’s grasp on the blanket tightened some more.

“I can’t face you anymore,” she replied. “Why not? I didn’t do anything wrong,” Minhyuk said, as he placed a finger under Jae Soo chin, and slowly lift up her face.

Minhyuk saw tears rolling down Jae Soo’s cheeks, and her teary eyes stared straight at him. He saw Jae Soo’s angry fiery eyes gawking at him, but he smiled at her instead.

“Don’t cry,” he told her, and wipes her tears away. “You should eat, jagiya,” Minhyuk said, as he threw a chip inside his mouth, and placed the bag in front of Jae Soo.

“Minhyuk-ah…” Jae Soo started out, and Minhyuk looked at her. “Do you really like me, or are you just playing with me?” She asked, and Minhyuk narrowed his eyebrows at her.

“Why do you ask now? Are you asking because of the kiss with Ah Young back in the inn?” Minhyuk blurted, and Jae Soo turned away and snickered. “I knew it,” she muttered. “Knew what? Nothing happened,” Minhyuk explained.

“It’s okay, I understand everything,” Jae Soo said, as she wiped her tears, and blew her nose on a Kleenex. “You can leave now,” she told him, and kicked the snacks to the side. “I won’t leave until you hear my explanation,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo cackled.

“What explanation, Minhyuk? You didn’t even answer my question. Please, leave,” Jae Soo pleaded again, and Minhyuk in his breath. Without releasing it, he immediately left Jae Soo’s room, and exhaled out his breath.

Jae Soo covered herself with the blanket, as more tears rolled down. Was this what she wanted? Was it best for Minhyuk to really leave, and not explain anything? He didn’t even fought to stay, or play his silly usual skin ship stealing games either. So, is Minhyuk really into Jae Soo then?

Thousands of questions roamed inside Jae Soo’s head, as she shut her eyes and cried to herself.

“Jae Soo said she wanted to rest, so don’t bother her,” Minhyuk lied to the friends, and Ren didn’t quite buy it. Then again, Jae Soo probably needed rest, so Ren then considered Minhyuk’s words and returned back to the inn with Zico and Jihoon.

 

Later on that night, Jae Soo flipped through the channels in her room, as she munched on the snacks. Someone came knocking on the door, and thinking that it was Ren, Jae Soo told the person to come in.

In came Joy and her boyfriend instead, and she welcomed them with her warm smile.

“I’m so glad to know that you’re okay. I was so scared, that I had my boyfriend go searching for you too,” Joy said, as she hugged Jae Soo. “I’m fine, and thank you,” Jae Soo thanked the two lovely couple.

Sometimes, all Jae Soo wants is to be happy with a guy. Envying others just breaks her heart, as she’s just always played over.

“Minhyuk barely slept when he found out that you were missing. It was very shocking to us that you went missing,” Joy said, as she brushed Jae Soo’s hair back like what a mother would do.

Jae Soo lowered her gaze down, when Joy brought up about Minhyuk. She then felt bad for kicking Minhyuk out, as she had no idea he didn’t sleep.

“I’m leaving tomorrow morning, and won’t be seeing anymore. So I came to say my last goodbye,” Joy said, as she handed a basket of fruits inside to Jae Soo. “Oh, you both shouldn’t have,” Jae Soo replied, as she held the basket.

“Joy said you would love the fruits, as your friends talked about how much you love eating. So we went and bought you fruits,” Jinon spoke up, and Jae Soo thanked them with a smile.

“Well, I’m off back to the hotel and pack. I’ll see you whenever or maybe next year,” Joy said, and Jae Soo nodded her head. The two girls hugged each other one last time, and then Joy left.

Jae Soo sighed, as she thought about Minhyuk for a moment. Maybe she was a bit too harsh on him, and will listen to his explanation next.

The door opened again, and Jae Soo smiled with glee hoping it’d be Minhyuk this time. She was going to set things up right.

 

Ren who was alone in the room, started to clean up Jae Soo’s clothes along with hers. Knowing that the Spring Break vacation was ending soon, Ren decided to help clean Jae Soo’s clothes.

While moving the bags around, Ren accidently bumped into Ah Young’s tiny pink purse, and watched it fall to the ground. “How annoying,” she groaned with annoyance, and walked over to the side of the bed to pick it up.

When Ren got to the bedside, she saw a familiar electronic device. As Ren got closer to it, she gasped with anger boiling inside. The door opened, and entered inside was Ah Young.

“You!” Ren shouted, as she grabbed Jae Soo’s cellphone from the ground and walked up to Ah Young. “Ren unnie, what’s wrong?” Ah Young asked in horror, as she was afraid of Ren’s anger.

“How dare you?” Ren asked angrily, as she held Ah Young by the neck, and choked her up against the wall. “Agh~ Unnie…” Ah Young coughed, as she tried to hit Ren away. “Why the , do you have Jae Soo’s cellphone?” Ren muttered through her angry breath.

Ah Young glanced up at Ren with scared eyes, as she shook her head. “I don’t have it. I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Ah Young lied, and Ren tightened her grip some more. “I saw it fall out of your purse. , en answer me!” Ren yelled in Ah Young’s face.

“Karaoke was—Ren, what are you doing?!” Eun Hyo asked, as she saw Ren choking Ah Young. “Help me!” Ah Young shrieked, but Ren choked her some more. “Let her go, Ren!” Mia shouted, and the guys immediately came inside to help pull Ren away from Ah Young.

Ah Young then fainted, as Ren scoffed at the tiny act.

“Have you gone nuts?” Jaehyo asked, as he held Ah Young. “Have I gone nuts? Ask the , why did she hide Jae Soo’s cellphone inside her purse!” Ren angrily yelled, as she was kicking and trying to fight her way out of Zico and Yookwon’s grasp.

“How can we ask her? She’s knocked out, thanks to you,” Yookwon said. “Shut up before Juri kick us out. You’re all very rude and loud customers right now,” Minhyuk irately spoke from the door.

“Hmph, Minhyuk-ah, your precious Ah Young here hid Jae Soo’s cellphone inside her purse,” Ren said, as she rose up Jae Soo’s cellphone in her left hand.

Minhyuk glared at the fainted Ah Young, and then rolled his eyes away.

“Ah Young passed out, due to Ren’s choking,” Jaehyo told Minhyuk, and Ren furrowed her eyebrows in anger. She then started shaking trying to free herself from Zico and Yookwon’s hold, as she wasn’t going to go down alone.

“Ren, quit it!” Zico shouted, and Ren pushed him off. “You’re telling me to quit moving, when I want nothing but the truth from her?” Ren asked Zico, as she points at Ah Young. “You think that violence will bring out the answer?” Zico asked, and Ren scoffed. “I wasn’t going to beat her to death, if I wanted to,” Ren answered.

“But you don’t even have proof to show us that Ah Young took Jae Soo’s cellphone,” Zico said, and Ren’s jaw dropped. “I see how it is,” Ren said, nodding her head and grabbing both hers and Jae Soo’s bag.

“Where are you going, Ren?” Mia asked, concerned about Ren. “What does it en look like I’m doing? I’m off to sleepover at the hospital with Jae Soo,” Ren harshly answered, and then walked out.

“Ren, Ji Ren!” Zico shouted, as he chased after Ren. “Don’t follow me,” she told him, with her back facing him. “Look, just listen to me,” Zico said, and Ren chortled. “Listen to what, Zico? That you’re sorry and you didn’t mean what you said back there? I’ve heard it before, don’t even try me,” Ren replied, and continued on her way to the hospital.

Running his fingers through his hair, Zico punched the wall angrily. “!” He shouted aloud, and entered inside the boys’ room.

Jaehyo who was still fanning Ah Young along with Eun Hyo and Taeil, watched Minhyuk observe the mess on the ground. Ah Young then started coughing, as Jaehyo called to her.

“Are you alright?” Jaehyo asked, and Ah Young opened her eyes to search around the room. “Oppa, what happened?” Ah Young asked, as she slowly sat up. “You were knocked out by Ren,” Taeil answered, and Ah Young gasped.

“She accused me of stealing Jae Soo unnie’s cellphone. I just remembered,” Ah Young replied, and Jihoon stared at Ah Young for quite a while. “Then why will Ren have it with her, when we’ve tried looking for it everywhere?” Jihoon asked, and Ah Young glared at him.

“Are you siding with Ren, and thinking that I took it?” Ah Young asked, and Jihoon hissed. “I’m going to be with Zico hyung,” Jihoon told the rest, and entered inside the boys’ room.

Ah Young bit her bottom lip, as she saw Minhyuk staring at her with a look of hatred.

“The day after tomorrow is our last day. So have the last fun of it,” Minhyuk spoke up, and then left the girls’ room. Ah Young slowly breathed, as Jaehyo placed her in Eun Hyo’s hands.

After the boys left, Mia looked at Ah Young with suspiciousness.

“Ah Young-yah, I’m not accusing or whatsoever, okay? But you really had no idea where Jae Soo’s cellphone was?” Mia asked, and Ah Young nodded her head. “I swear, I didn’t know,” Ah Young answered, and Mia nodded her head.

“We should rest, as everyone had been up worrying about Jae Soo,” Eun Hyo told the two girls. “Neh,” Mia replied, as she hopped onto her bed.

Tossing and turning, as she was unable to sleep, Mia felt like something was wrong.

 

“We should just leave in the morning when you’re discharged,” Ren irately spoke, as she fixed the chairs together to make a bed. “Yeah, we should,” Jae Soo agreed, and Ren looked at her friend.

“You look paler than before. Did something happen when I left?” Ren asked, worried about Jae Soo. “I’m fine, just very tired,” Jae Soo answered. “Well, I’ll buy us tickets to go back to Seoul tomorrow. We should just leave without saying goodbye,” Ren continued on about going back home.

“Ren, when we get back to school, can you act like Minhyuk and I never happened?” Jae Soo asked. “Huh? What? I mean, sure thing, since they’re all haters. Then again, did something happen between you and Minhyuk?” Ren asked curiously.

“I rather not talk about it,” Jae Soo softly answered, and Ren nodded her head. “Then as a friend, I will act as if you and Minhyuk are strangers,” Ren replied, and Jae Soo thanked her.

A tear rolled down Jae Soo’s eye, as she wiped it immediately. She wasn’t going to put up with Minhyuk anymore.

 

“Minhyuk hyung!” Jihoon jumped on his bed. “What?” Minhyuk asked in a tired tone. “Jae Soo disappeared!” Jihoon shouted, which woke up all the guys in the room also. “Disappear? What do you mean?” Minhyuk asked, sitting up now.

“I went to visit her to bring her breakfast, and came upon a letter. Well, Ren wrote it,” Jihoon answered, and Zico snatched the letter out of Jihoon’s hands.

“If you’re reading this right now, Jae Soo and I have already returned home. Let’s just pretend that we’ve never met, alright? It was a nice vacation, but ended badly. Bye!

-Ren”

“They’ve returned home,” Zico said, after reading the letter. “But why? What did we do wrong?” Taeil asked, and Jihoon shrugged. Minhyuk heaved a sigh, and hung his head low. “Did something happen, Minhyuk?” Yookwon asked.

“I’m going back. If anyone wants to stay, find your own ride home,” Minhyuk said, as he ignored Yookwon’s question. “I rather leave too,” Jihoon said also, as he packed up his stuff.

Kyung then went to the girls’ room, and woke them up. After telling them the news, Mia and Eun Hyo couldn’t believe it. Ah Young smiled to herself, as she could careless.

“Go back in the car that you came with,” Jaehyo instructed, and everyone did so. “Bye Juri, sorry for the short stay,” Minhyuk said, as he handed Juri the room keys. “It’s okay, you should return as Jae Soo awaits,” Juri said, and Minhyuk smiled a small one at her.

“Thanks for your support,” Minhyuk thanked her, and then left.

 

Jae Soo walked inside her home, after Ren had helped her. It was quiet as usual, as Jae Soo thought that her brother was probably still at work. Suddenly, Jae Soo heard a loud yawn from the living room.

“Oppa?” Jae Soo called from the doorway. “Huh, you’re home already?” Dong Won asked, as he sits up from the couch and rubs his eyes. “Yeah,” she answered softly.

“Where’s Minhyuk?” Dong Won asked, as he searched for Minhyuk. “Don’t talk about him,” Jae Soo said, and Dong Won raised an eyebrow up in confusion. “Did something happen?” Her brother asked worriedly.

“Nothing happened, and don’t ask for Minhyuk anymore,” Jae Soo answered, as she trotted to her room. “Yah, Jae Soo. If something happened, you better tell me right now. What happens if Minhyuk shows up unexpectedly? Did you return home without letting him know, or something?” Dong Won asks.

“Look, Minhyuk and I were never anything to begin with, okay? Just leave me alone,” Jae Soo snapped, as she heads to her room.

Dong Won scratched the back of his head, as he then took his cellphone out and dialed Minhyuk’s number. He wanted to know what happened, and why Jae Soo returned home with such an attitude.

“Hyung, I’m driving right now, but meet me at the spot you took me last time for a talk,” Minhyuk said, as he answered Dong Wan’s call. “Okay, I’ll meet you there at 7 p.m. then,” Dong Won scheduled with Minhyuk.

 


Hellooooooo my lovely readers!

I hope you don't hate me so much, and please don't, okay?

To make you all feel better, I went to this J4 Hmong tournament thing in Minnesota, and got a bad sunburnt around the neck. GOT CALLED A BOY TWO TIMES. T_T And now my sunburnt is itchy. lol!!

[Behind the scenes]

BBomb: FINALLY I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY! AND THIS ISN'T FAIR, AUTHOR-NIM! I HAD SUCH LITTLE SAY, AND WHY DID YOU ZIP UP MY MOUTH! JAE SOO, LISTEN TO MEEEEEE~

Me: >_________> *duck tapes BBomb's mouth*

PO: Author-nim, what are you doing to BBomb hyung?

Me: *knocks PO out with a frying pan* BBomb, I love you, but I have to hide you before you spill everything out. SORRY MY LOVE!

BBomb: MRFGHJYTREWSFGHB!!!

Me: Yes, you'll be safe. 8D

[End of BTS]