`35

His Annoying Games

Graduation was coming closer, and so was the talent show. Every time Jae Soo would think about it, her heart would slowly cry, as Minhyuk would be graduating soon.

“Jae Soo-yah, what are your plans with Minhyuk before he leaves to college?” Ren asked, reminding Jae Soo about Minhyuk’s leave. “I didn’t think of anything, as I’m just waiting on him,” Jae Soo answered.

 

“Waiting on Minhyuk?” Ren asked confusedly. “Yeah, it’s kind of weird, because Minhyuk hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend yet,” Jae Soo answered, and Ren rolled her eyes.

 

“You know, kids these days don’t ask anymore. If you’re already with him 24/7, then you’re both considered dating,” Ren replied, and Jae Soo swayed her head from side to side. “But it doesn’t feel right,” Jae Soo said, and Ren chuckled.

 

“Why won’t you ask him out?” Ren suggested, and Jae Soo choked on her water. “Are you kidding me?” Jae Soo coughed, and Ren laughed. “It’s easier, right? Since you don’t want to wait for him,” Ren said, and Jae Soo shook her head.

 

“No way am I going to be asking him out. Minhyuk’s the man,” Jae Soo replied. “Well you’re the one waiting impatiently,” Ren said, and Jae Soo sighed. “It’s okay, I can wait,” Jae Soo replied nodding her head.

 

“Just ask him to be your boyfriend. You’re always hanging out with him, and Principal Lee anyways,” Ren told her friend. “I don’t have the guts to, okay? I rather just stay like this until Minhyuk ask,” Jae Soo replies, and Ren laughed.

 

“Well I have dinner plans with Zico, so I’ll see you later?” Ren asked, as she and Jae Soo walked out of the boutique together. “Yeah, see you,” Jae replied, and the girls departed.

 

Jae Soo drank her water from her water bottle, and then walks over to Minhyuk’s place.

 

“You’re here early,” Minhyuk greeted Jae Soo, as he opened the door to his condo. Jae Soo sighed lightly, as she sees the condo slowly being emptied out. “Mm, I was shopping with Ren, and just thought to drop by early,” Jae Soo replied.

 

“Since you’re here early, mind helping me tape up the boxes?” Minhyuk asked, and Jae Soo nodded her head. She placed her things on Minhyuk’s coffee table, and walked over to the opened boxes by his bedroom door.

 

“Are you excited about Stardom University?” Jae Soo asked, breaking the silence between them. “Of course, it’s a great college, and I’m psyched,” Minhyuk excitedly answered.

 

“That’s nice, I’m excited for you too. Will you be roommates with Jaehyo or Taeil?” Jae Soo asked, flashing a smile at Minhyuk. “Hmm, I haven’t thought about having a roommate with one of them,” he replied, and Jae Soo giggled.

 

“Jae Soo-yah, I’m really happy that you’re willing to help me prepare for college. You’re the best,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo nodded her head. “Of course, that’s my job. I have to take care of you like what you father wanted,” Jae Soo answered.

 

“Then again, when I’m gone off to college, you won’t be able to,” Minhyuk said with a pout, and Jae Soo looked away as she frowned. “Tch, you’re only four hours away. It’s not so bad,” Jae Soo tried not to show any sad emotions.

 

Suddenly, she felt Minhyuk’s warm arms wrapping around her waist. He was hugging her from behind, and rested his chin on her shoulder. 

 

“Is my jagiya sad?” Minhyuk asked, and chuckled. Jae Soo was indeed sad, more like hurt. Everything with Minhyuk happened so quickly, and he was going to leave her. “I’m not upset at all, I’m happy,” Jae Soo lied, as she turned to face Minhyuk with a smile.

 

Minhyuk tilted his head to the side, and pulled Jae Soo up close to him, as he leaned on the couch.

 

“Jae Soo-yah, don’t lie to me,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo raised an eyebrow at him. “I’m not lying at all. If I were sad, then I’d be pulling you away from your education, right? C’mon, let’s tape up these boxes, and get your condo clean,” Jae Soo said, as she went back to tape up the boxes.

 

“Hey, how about I ask Dong Won if you can sleepover? We can pull an all nighter, since it’s the weekends. Also, we can probably spend more time together before I leave this condo,” Minhyuk suggested, and Jae Soo shrugged.

 

“Oh come on, you act as if you’ve never slept over before,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo giggled. “Well, I am going to miss this condo,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk smiled at her. “Yeah, let’s do it,” Jae Soo agreed, and Minhyuk cheered.

 

 

“Minhyuk is moving soon, so I’m going to sleepover at his place. I hope you don’t mind much, and I promise that nothing will happen. I invited Ren to come along, and there will be more of our other friends too,” Jae Soo told Dong Won, as she sat in the living room.

 

“Well, I don’t see why not. I mean, you both are clearly dating or whatsoever,” Dong Won teased, and Jae Soo slapped her brother’s arm. “We’re not dating,” Jae Soo said, and Dong Won rolled his eyes.

 

“Whatever, just tell my brother-in-law to feed you before bed,” Dong Won joked again, and Jae Soo glared at him. “I will kill you, but Minhyuk and I have shopping to do for his new dorm. I’ll kill you later,” Jae Soo said, and Dong Won laughed.

 

Jae Soo grabbed extra clothes, and then took her sleeping bag with her. Minhyuk, whom sat outside with his motorcycle, saw Jae Soo walking towards him.

 

“So I see, Dong Won hyung said yes,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo nodded her head. “Let’s drop these off at your place first, then we’ll go shop around for your new dorm,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk nodded his head.

 

After dropping off Jae Soo’s stuff, the two went shopping from store to store. Barely finding anything useful for Minhyuk, they both gave up for the day, and went back to Minhyuk’s place.

 

“I called Ren, Mia, and Eun Hyo, but they didn’t seem to pick up. Did the guys reply to you?” Jae Soo asked Minhyuk, as she stood in the kitchen cooking. “Nope, no reply either,” Minhyuk answered, as he played with his phone.

 

“Hmm, that’s weird,” Jae Soo mumbled. “It’s okay, jagiya. We can both just spend time together alone,” Minhyuk said, as he came and stood next to her. 

 

Jae Soo eyeballed Minhyuk, and chuckled.

 

“God knows what you might do to me,” Jae Soo said, squinting her eyes at him. “Oh, I will do lots of things to you,” Minhyuk jokingly replies, and pokes her stomach. “Stop it, I’m ticklish,” Jae Soo said, as she punched Minhyuk’s arm.

 

“How are the noodles coming along? I’m getting impatient and hungry,” Minhyuk said with a pout, as he rubs his tummy. “Stop being such a baby. The noodles are almost done,” Jae Soo replied, as she tasted the juice.

 

“Jagiya, will you cook for me when you come to visit?” Minhyuk asked, as he chewed on celery. “Shouldn’t you be the one cooking for me?” Jae Soo asked instead, and Minhyuk laughed at her silliness.

 

“Okay, the noodles are finished! Help me setup the table,” Jae Soo said, as she turned the fire off on the stove. Minhyuk grabbed a bowl of rice, and placed it in the center of the table. He then grabbed two plates from his cabinet, and two forks.

 

Jae Soo grabbed the pot and placed it next to the bowl of rice, and took out the fried chicken they both bought earlier at the grocery store. After the table was done being setup, Jae Soo and Minhyuk sat across from each other and smiled.

 

“Dig in,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk chuckled.

 

After dinner, Jae Soo and Minhyuk sat in the living room together on the floor, and laughed at the comedy films Minhyuk rented. Soon after, the two cuddled against each other, as a horror film played on. Next, Jae Soo loudly cheered to an action movie, and then was slowly falling asleep to a romance one.

 

“I guess I might not be able to that all nighter,” Jae Soo mumbles, as she rubbed her eyes. Minhyuk chuckled, as he rested his head onto hers. “Wanna lay down?” Minhyuk asked her. “Mm,” Jae Soo answered nodding her head.

 

Minhyuk led Jae Soo to his room, and then she pushes Minhyuk out to change into her sleeping shorts and an oversized t-shirt. Afterwards, she led Minhyuk in, and the two lies down on Minhyuk’s bed together.

 

“I’ll be here until you fall asleep,” Minhyuk said, as he held onto Jae Soo’s hand. “I wish that you can be here forever when I sleep and wake up,” Jae Soo said instead, and Minhyuk looked over at her.

 

Jae Soo turned away, as a tear rolled down her right eye.

 

“Soo, are you okay?” Minhyuk asked, and Jae Soo nodded her head. “Yeah, I’m just tired,” Jae Soo answered, and then pulls away from Minhyuk’s hand and turns fully to her right.

 

She felt the weight of the bed float up lightly, and quickly wipes the tears that were blurring her vision.

 

Minhyuk walked over to Jae Soo’s side, and giggled at her teary face. He scooted Jae Soo over, and then placed Jae Soo in his arms, and gently pats her back.

 

“Let it out,” Minhyuk told her, and Jae Soo then quickly broke into tears. “I knew you weren’t okay,” he said chuckling, and Jae Soo didn’t respond, as she was busying herself crying in Minhyuk’s arms.

 

“I…I…hate you,” Jae Soo choked on her tears, and Minhyuk giggled. He tightened the hug around her, as the blanket warmly covers them. “You’ll be coming after me soon. You only have a year left,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo tried hard to calm herself down.

 

“If only…if only we didn’t meet this way. I wouldn’t be so hurt…that the guy I like…is leaving me. I know it’s for…your own good. But I didn’t want to…fall for you,” Jae Soo spoke in between her trembling voice.

 

Minhyuk pulled Jae Soo’s face out of his chest, and looked at her red poof eyes. He chortled at her, and wiped the tears away with his pinky.

 

“Don’t cry, it really breaks my heart,” Minhyuk told her, and Jae Soo slightly giggled. “You at cheering…me up,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk quietly laughed.

Minhyuk rested his forehead on Jae Soo’s and then pulled away to kiss her forehead. He moved down and lightly pecked her nose, and then moved down to her sweet pink lips. Jae Soo respond back to the kiss with passion, and Minhyuk’s hug grew tighter.

 

After breaking up the kiss, Jae Soo snuggles up against Minhyuk’s neck, as her arms were also hugging him back. Minhyuk breathed onto Jae Soo’s hair, and slowly played around with it.

 

“Are you falling asleep?” Minhyuk asked her. “Not just yet, why?” Jae Soo answered. “Mm, nothing. I was just wondering,” he answered. “Are you falling asleep?” She asked him this time. “I will sleep after you,” Minhyuk answered, and Jae Soo giggled.

 

“Minhyuk-ah,” Jae Soo called to him. “Hm?” He asked. “With us always hanging together holding hands, and kissing one another. Are we considered dating?” She curiously asked.

 

Minhyuk deeply inhaled and then chuckled as he exhaled.

 

“Why do you ask?” Minhyuk wonders. “Well, you’ve never asked me to be your girlfriend, and we’re cuddling together on your bed,” Jae Soo answered, and Minhyuk gurgled.

 

“I have a surprise for you after the talent show. Then you will tell me if we’re dating or not,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo pouted. “Surprises, surprises. You’re so full of surprises,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk laughed.

 

“And you’re the person to open up my gift filled with surprises,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo smiled at him. She pecked his jawline, and then snuggles against his neck again. 

 

“I can’t wait for the talent show then,” Jae Soo said. “Oh, you’ll love it,” Minhyuk replied, and chuckles. “Well you better win for me to love it,” she jokingly said. “You’re going to love it no matter if I win or lose,” he told her, and they both laughed together.

 

Cuddling warmly under the covers, Minhyuk and Jae Soo fell asleep afterwards. Even when they both would shuffle around to get comfortable in different positions, one will hug another.

 

They were inseparable that night sleeping together. Jae Soo was afraid to let go of Minhyuk, and Minhyuk craved for Jae Soo’s warmth. 

 

As Minhyuk is prepared to leave, he wanted to be with Jae Soo as long as he can. Jae Soo on the other hand, wanted to be with Minhyuk also. Hence, Minhyuk was graduating soon, and Jae Soo was going to miss his presence.

 

Minhyuk unexpectedly woke up in the middle of the night, and noticed how Jae Soo’s back was facing him. He chuckled and scooted closer to her, as right arm wrapped around her waist, and holds onto her hand.

 

“Jae Soo-yah, I love you,” Minhyuk quietly whispers.

 

Thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes. YOU ARE ALL AWESOME! I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Also, I just wanna cry. LOL. LET'S CRY TOGETHER, MY READERS! TT^TT

[Behind the Scenes]

PO: Author-nim is crying a lot, as she's listening to the song KISS ME, but The Fray's version.

Kyung: She's not crying a whole lot, just shedding tears.

Zico: She deserves to cry for being mean to us.

BBomb: YES I AGREE! SHE KIDNAPPED ME!

Jaehyo: Excuse BBomb's rage. He's still traumatized.

Taeil: Hiiiiiiiiiiii readers. :DD

Yookwon: BBomb shouldn't be raging if he's cuddling with Jae Soo. :\

Ren: Uh guys... I think behind the scenes mean for you guys to talk about the story, not make fun of everyone...

Guys: ...

Ren: ...

Guys: ...

Ren: ...

Zico: *grabs Ren and kisses her*

The six boys: O______________O 

[End of BTS]