`12

His Annoying Games

 

The entire time hanging out, Jae Soo didn’t speak to the guys at all. She was plainly sitting quietly eating chips, as Minhyuk’s words played over and over inside her head.

“It’s okay jagiya. My heart is beating fast too.”

“OH !” Yookwon shouted, as Jae Soo jumped and shook her head from daydreaming. “That wasn’t even scary,” Taeil told him, as Yookwon slapped him with a pillow.

“You’re pretty calm, Soo. Is this movie not scary enough?” Zico asked, as Jae Soo just shrugged. “She’s probably concentrating on scaring one of us,” Jihoon joked, as he cackled a bit.

“Yah,” Jae Soo poked him with her right foot. “Why should she be scared for? Her prince charming is there to hold her,” Jaehyo teased, and the rest laughed.

Jae Soo blushed, and threw the pillow she leaned on, at Jaehyo’s face. “You derp!” She shouted at him, and crossed her arms. “I don’t know what’s scarier anymore. The movie or Jae Soo,” Minhyuk kidded, and the boys laughed harder.

“And you all said that I was mean. Look at all of you, hmph!” Jae Soo said, as she made her way to the bathroom. “Aww, we’re just joking,” Zico told her, but was ignored. “It’s okay, she’ll get over it,” Minhyuk reassured the boys.

Then a knock came to the door, and Taeil opened it revealing a panting Kyung. “Sorry guys...I had something...to do,” Kyung apologized, catching his breath. “It’s okay, as long as you’re here to join,” Taeil said, letting Kyung inside.

He sat down on the floor next to Jaehyo, as Jae Soo came out from the bathroom. “Oh, Soo is here too?” Kyung asked, pointing at her. “Of course, her boyfriend is here,” Zico teased, and Kyung chortled.

“Haha, very funny,” Jae Soo sarcastically joined in the laugh. “Why am I not surprised that you haven’t become Ren’s boyfriend yet?” Jae Soo shot back, and the boys’ ohhhed at that.

Zico went silent, as he ignored her and watched the horror movie again. “That’s what I thought,” Jae Soo mumbled, as she sat down on her spot again. She was going to grab some more ice cream, when her and Minhyuk’s hands touched each other, reaching for the ice cream spoon.

Jae Soo gulped, and pulled back quickly. “Go ahead,” she said smiling at him. “Ladies first,” he replied smiling back also. “But you’re the guy, so you go,” she argued. “Then again, I wouldn’t be a gentleman if I went first,” he responded with a frown.

“Fine then, I’ll take it!” Jihoon told Minhyuk and Jae Soo, with annoyance. He grabbed the ice cream bucket, and placed it on his lap while scooping three scoops of ice cream.

Jae Soo turned to look at the television screen again, as she ignored Minhyuk. What she didn’t know that while ignoring him, Minhyuk stared at her. He definitely was into her for a moment, that he couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

“Ahh, this movie choice was lame. Who picked it?” Jaehyo whined, when the credits came up. Jae Soo sighed, as Minhyuk turns away. Zico witnessed everything and chuckled to himself. “Taeil hyung rented it,” Jihoon answered Jaehyo, since no one did.

“Why are you laughing, Zico?” Jae Soo asked him. “Nothing,” he lied, whilst shaking his head. “I wanna laugh,” Kyung said, and Zico pulled him up close and whispered into his ear. Kyung then quietly started to giggle, and Jae Soo shrugged ignoring them.

“Hey, if you tell one, the others gotta know too!” Taeil said, ignoring to Jaehyo’s whine about the horror choice pick. Zico then started whispering into the guys’ ear one by one, and then stopped when he came to Minhyuk and Jae Soo.

“I think you’re forgetting us,” Jae Soo said, as Zico giggled. “Why should I tell you two, when B-Bomb was the one creating my whispers?” Zico asked, and the guys behind him burst into laughter.

Jae Soo narrowed her eyebrows at Minhyuk, and he shrugged. “I didn’t do anything,” he told her. Jae Soo glared back at Zico, and he just smiled. “You trying to make fun of me again, Zico?” She asked him. “If I was going to tease you, it’ll be out loud,” he answered.

She was very suspicious, and gave him the stink eye.

 

-

 

“Don’t you want to know, why Zico they were secretly laughing about?” Jae Soo asked Minhyuk, as he dropped her off at her place. “I really don’t care much,” he answered, and pats Jae Soo’s helmet. She shrugged, and takes her helmet off.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Minhyuk said to her. “Yeh,” Jae Soo answered, and he drove off. Jae Soo held onto her helmet, as she walked up to her doorstep. She was about to unlock her door, when she heard Minhyuk’s motorcycle zooming back.

Jae Soo turned around, and saw him park by the driveway, without turning off his engine. He ran over to the confused Jae Soo, as he took off his helmet and pulled her in for a peck on the lips.

Minhyuk held her tightly, as Jae Soo just froze in shock. He pulled back from the kiss, and smiled. “Good night jagiya,” he tells her, and then pats her head. He dashes back to his motorcycle, and rode off.

“What...was that...all about?” Jae Soo asked herself in confusion.


 

“I’m leaving to school now,” Jae Soo told her brother, as she slips her shoes on. “But you haven’t eaten breakfast,” Dong Wan alarmed. “It’s getting late, I have no time. Bye!” She shouts, as she storms outside. “Bye...” Dong Wan faintly replied.

“Oh my god, I’m late, late, late!” Jae Soo yelled at herself, while running to school. There were no signs of Minhyuk anywhere, which made her felt relief. It was good to not have him bother her at this time.

Right when she got to school, the bell has rung for students to get in class. “Oh my goodness, almost didn’t make it,” she sighed with relief. She caught her breath, as she slowly walked to homeroom.

While making her way there, she bumped into a student. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t watch where I was going,” Jae Soo immediately apologized. “Oh, Jae Soo unnie! It’s just you?” A familiar cherry voice shouted.

Jae Soo looked up to find Ah Young standing before her. “Ah Young-ssi, good morning,” Jae Soo greeted her, and then yawns. “You look exhausted. Plus, I see that you panda eyes,” Ah Young told her.

Jae Soo rubbed her eyes, and shrugged. “I just didn’t get enough sleep,” she answered. “Why is that?” Ah Young asked. “Just too much thinking and studying,” she lied, as she was unable due to Minhyuk’s kiss goodnight.

“Ah Young-yah, where did you wander off to? I was still giving you the tour,” Minhyuk tells her, as Jae Soo looks up at him. “Oh, good morning jagiya,” he greets her with a smile. “Jagiya?” Ah Young asked, as she looked at the both of them.

“I’m not his jagiya,” Jae Soo told him with chuckle, and Minhyuk pouted. “Don’t hurt my feelings now,” Minhyuk whined like a child. “Tch, B-Bomb oppa, you’re still your same old self, eh?” Ah Young said, as she playfully punched his left arm.

“Same old self?” Jae Soo muttered. “Mm, whenever B-Bomb oppa is stuck onto choosing a girl in the school, he’ll jokingly call them his jagiya,” Ah Young explained. “That’s not me,” Minhyuk told her. “Then who?” Ah Young argued.

“I know that he’s joking,” Jae Soo said smiling. “Yea, so don’t fall for him like that,” Ah Young warned Jae Soo. “Will you stop it?” Minhyuk told Ah Young with annoyance. “Oops, oppa is mad. We’ll be leaving around touring the school. See you at lunch, unnie,” Ah Young said, as she pulled Minhyuk away.

Jae Soo slightly waved and sighed to herself. “Aren’t you jealous?” Jae Soo heard Ren asking from behind. “Hm? Not at all,” Jae Soo replied, as she continued walking to homeroom. “Don’t lie now,” Ren jokingly teased. “I’m not,” she laughed at her friend, and then part ways to her homeroom.

“Were you talking to Ren just now?” Zico asked in a jumpy voice. “No, she talked with me,” Jae Soo answered. “That’s the same thing,” he mumbled. “No it isn’t,” she replied back, shaking her head.

“Whatever. So what did she say?” Zico asked, jollily smiling at Jae Soo. She turned to his direction and smiled. “Should I tell you, or should I not? Since you and the guys had full of giggles last night, and left me out,” Jae Soo told him, as she rolled her eyes away.

“You’re still angry about that?” Yookwon in. “I’m not angry about it,” Jae Soo answered. “Fine, you’re not angry but irritated,” Kyung said, and Jae Soo actually nodded her head.

“I sure am,” she replied. “But why?” Zico asked, not understanding. “Because you obviously told the guys teasing about me and Minhyuk. That’s why you all had the giggles,” Jae Soo answered. “He didn’t tease you both,” Yookwon defended Zico. “He told us what B-Bomb hyung did,” Kyung added.

“What did he do then? How come I wasn’t able to know? Aren’t we broskis?” Jae Soo asked, and the three boys laughed at her. “Broskis,” Yookwon cackled. “Yea, we’re bros alright,” Kyung said, nodded his head. “Shut up,” Jae Soo told them, as she sighed.

“What’s up with the panda eyes too?” Zico asked. “I didn’t get enough sleep last night,” she answered, and yawned again. “Well you shouldn’t have been studying. We don’t get exams until the next 2 weeks,” he said, and Jae Soo shrugged.

“Were you thinking about—“

“Quiet down, class!” The teacher alarmed, interrupting what Zico was going to say to Jae Soo. All the students sat up straight, and turned their directions towards their homeroom teacher.

“About the Junior/Senior scavenger hunt, there has been some changes,” the teacher started out. “Two weeks before the graduation, you’ll be living in the school,” he continued.

“What?”

“Why is it changed?”

“This is so weird!”

Students whispered all around.

“Yah, yah!” The teacher quieted down his students, as he slammed his notebook on the desk. “There will be a letter that I’ll be passing out, to bring home to your parents. If you cannot stay in the school for two weeks, then you wouldn’t be a participant. I know, I know, it’s gone too far. The principal had decided that, since last year some students were trying to cheat, we’re going to do it this way. Students will be monitored, and the prize will be well hidden,” the teacher continued on explaining.

He handed out the letter to the students, and walked back up to his table. “Now take out your notebooks, as we’ll be taking more notes,” the teacher informed his students.

Loud groans were heard throughout the class, but they can’t do anything about it. Jae Soo sighed, not wanting to take notes at all. She opened her notebook, started jotting down the first few words, and then drifted to sleep.

Zico looked over and saw Jae Soo sleeping peacefully, and chuckled at her. Luckily that the teacher paid no attention, since he’s busy writing the notes on the board, Zico helped fixed Jae Soo’s head so she’d be comfortable.

The bell rung loudly for next period, and Jae Soo shot her head up. “Oh no, I slept through the note jotting. Oh my god, oh my god,” Jae Soo panicked, repeating herself several times.

Zico gently slams his notebook onto Jae Soo’s desk, and she turned over to look at him. “Copy it, sleepy head,” Zico tells her. “Thank you so much!” Jae Soo thanked him, as she tightly gave him a hug, and then took the notebook.

“I’ll return it to you after lunch,” Jae Soo told him. “Yep,” he answered, whilst nodding his head. “Did the teacher notice?” She asked him. “Nope, not at all,” Zico answered. He turned to look at her, and gurgled. “You did snore quite loud,” he whispered to her ear, and laughs.

“Yah!” Jae Soo shouted at him, as she punched him hard on the left arm. “Ow, I was kidding!” Zico cried, as Yookwon and Kyung laughed. “Had a good sleep?” Yookwon asked. “I sure did, thanks for asking,” Jae Soo answered while smiling. “I think he was being sarcastic,” Kyung said, and Jae Soo stuck her tongue out at him.

“Jae Soo unnie!” She heard Ah Young’s cherry voice calling for her. “Ah Young-yah!” Yookwon waved idiotically, as Kyung and Zico joined along. Jae Soo laughed them three, and Ah Young quickly walks in to hug the guys.

“My homeroom is next to yours. I’m so excited to see you guys,” Ah Young said, hugging the three boys. “Unnie is so lucky to be in the same homeroom with the three guys,” Ah Young said, pouting cutely.

“It’s okay, maybe next year we’ll be in the same homeroom,” Jae Soo told her. “Mm, I’ll wait until that year then,” Ah Young replied, and giggles. “They are being nice, right?” She asked. “Yeh, they treat me very well,” Jae Soo answered.

“That’s good then. I’ve got to go. See you at lunchtime, unnie. Bye!” Ah Young said, and left the homeroom before the next period teacher walked in. “When did you and Ah Young meet?” Kyung asked. “Yesterday me and Minhyuk bumped into her,” Jae Soo answered.

“It’s been forever since I last seen her,” Yookwon said. “That’s right, she moved after B-Bomb hyung rejected her,” Kyung blurted, as Jae Soo stared at him. “Stupid,” Zico mumbled, as he punched Kyung softly on the chest.

“What? I’m not mad or jealous,” Jae Soo told them, as they gave her a sharp look.

The teacher finally came in, and everyone settled down to their lessons.

Throughout the long lectures, Jae Soo just kept thinking about what Kyung had said.

“She moved after B-Bomb hyung rejected her.”

It confused Jae Soo, because Ah Young seemed fine yesterday at the market when she hugged Minhyuk. She was so free spirited, and friendly. Jae Soo shook her head from thinking too much, and started paying attention to the lectures.

When P.E. came along, Jae Soo watched Minhyuk play soccer on the other side of the field, and sighed. ‘How can he just be so plain cool like that?’ She thought.

“Jae Soo, watch out!” A classmate hollered. Jae Soo turned to look, and smack! The soccer flew and hit her on the face. She fell over and lay down on the floor. “Are you okay?” A classmate asked her.

“I’m fine,” she groaned, while getting up. “Your nose is bleeding!” A female classmate shrieked. The guys on their soccer field stopped playing, as soon as they saw a circle forming.

“What’s going on over there?” Zico asked scratching his head. Minhyuk ran over to the circle, as soon as he saw Jae Soo being held by a student. “What happened? Are you okay?” Minhyuk asked, panicking as he saw her bleeding nose.

“I’m fine, it’s just a nose bleed,” Jae Soo assured him, while tilting her head back and holding her nose with a tiny towel. “It’s not just any nose bleed. This is major nose bleed!” He shouted, as he took off his shirt and covered Jae Soo’s nose with it.

All the female students awed and ohhed at Minhyuk’s body, but Jae Soo plainly rolled her eyes. “Use my t-shirt, and give me that towel,” he tells her, as he replaces the towel with his shirt.

“I’m fine, I’m going to the infirmary room now,” she told him. “You’re not fine, and I’ll take you there,” he said, holding her head up gently. Minhyuk held onto Jae Soo’s waist on his right arm, while his left hand held the shirt tilting Jae Soo’s head back.

Jae Soo saw how caring he was, and wanted him to stop. The more caring he is, the more she finds herself liking him. She just wished that if he was this way instead of the joking way, then she would’ve plan to be his girlfriend. One way or another, she was already finding herself falling for him.

Then again, Kyung’s words about Ah Young came across her mind. Jae Soo quickly pushed Minhyuk away, as soon as they were alone in the hallway.

“What are you doing?” He asks. “I can go by myself,” she muttered angrily, and speed walks the rest of the way. Minhyuk slowly jogged up to her, and held her wrist. “Jae Soo, don’t be stubborn alright? I just want to help,” he told her, as she pulled her hand away.

“You’ve helped me to get here already. I think you should return back to class,” Jae Soo said, as Minhyuk chuckled. “With what shirt?” Minhyuk asked, and Jae Soo has completely forgot that he took his shirt off for her.

“Fine, I guess you join along. Just until you get a shirt from the infirmary, then you have to leave,” Jae Soo told him. “Okay, okay,” he calmly answered, and they both walked to the infirmary together.

The nurse cleaned up Jae Soo’s blood stains, and gave her a new t-shirt, as she also gave Minhyuk a new t-shirt too. Then the nurse excused them both out afterwards, and the two returned back to P.E. class.

“You should be more careful next time,” Minhyuk warned Jae Soo, and she nodded her head. “Hey, you didn’t return after getting a new shirt,” Jae Soo remembered, as Minhyuk shrugged. “Maybe it’s because I wanted to stay with my jagiya,” he told her. “Cheesy a,” Jae Soo murmured, and they both laughed.

“Oh yea, about not picking you up this morning...I’m sorry,” he apologized. “Hm? Why so?” She asked confusedly. “Because I want to have my jagiya safe and sound getting to school,” Minhyuk answered. “Tch, it’s okay. Stop wasting your gas on me,” Jae Soo replied.

“I’m not wasting anything, if it’s for my jagiya,” Minhyuk told her, as he interlocked their arms together. “Yah, Lee Minhyuk-ssi,” Jae Soo said, trying to pull away. “If I didn’t need to tour Ah Young around, I would’ve picked you up,” Minhyuk said, ignoring her pulling away.

“About Ah Young...” Jae Soo slowly said. “What about her?” Minhyuk asked. “I heard from Kyung that she used to like you. Is it true?” She asked curiously. “Mm, she did like me. She likes me a lot, but I however had no interest in her. Why do you ask? Are you jealous?” Minhyuk teased.

“No, I’m not jealous one bit! I just wanted confirm, why would Ah Young like a cheesy man like you,” Jae Soo joked back, as Minhyuk chuckled. “But you like me,” Minhyuk told her. “No I don’t,” Jae Soo argued. “Yes you do,” he sang, swinging his head side to side.

“Prove it,” Jae Soo said, as Minhyuk looked at her. “I will prove it on stage, the day of the talent show. You’re going to admit to everyone that you like me, and will be my girlfriend,” Minhyuk answered.

“Hmph, I bet you I won’t do it,” she said back. “What are we betting for this time?” He asked, smiling devilishly. “Does it matter? I’m not a prize that you can have if you win,” Jae Soo retorted. “But I didn’t say you were a prize,” he snapped back.

“Since when? Aren’t you planning to claim me as your prize, if you win the talent show? We talked about this recently, remember?” Jae Soo said, as Minhyuk laughed. “You said for me to claim my prize, but I didn’t say that you were my prize,” he told her.

Jae Soo thought for a moment, and then walked away ignoring him. Minhyuk laughed at her misunderstanding, as he followed her back to class.



 

HELLO MY LOVELY READERS. What do YOU all think about this chapter?! XDD

This is off topic, BUT IF YOU ALL LIKE SPINE CHILLING THRILLING KILLING MOVIES, watch DOVDYR AKA MANHUNT. I think I got the Norwegian title right. LOL!

HAVE A NICE DAY! :)