`10

His Annoying Games

 

“Ahhh... My head hurts” Jae Soo heard her brother groaning. “That’s what you get, when you go out drinking!” She tells him angrily, as she placed a cup of water and two pills on the coffee table.

“That’s right, I went drinking last night,” Dong Wan said, thinking about yesterday. “Yea, and you went drinking with my guy friend too. That is very unlike you,” Jae Soo reminded him. “Oh yea, but your friend didn’t drink though. He was very caring,” Dong Wan replied.

“Anyways, I’m off to school,” she told her brother. “Wait,” he stopped her. “What is it?” Jae Soo asks. “Tell him I said thanks, and he’s welcome for dinner any time,” Dong Wan said. Jae Soo’s eyes widened, and rolled her eyes. “You tell him yourself!” She shouted, and then quickly left.

“What did they both talk about, that he’s willing to let that guy over for dinner?” Jae Soo asked herself. Then her phone buzzed, and she took it out of her pocket. It was a text message from Minhyuk, and she read it aloud. “Look up in front of you.”

Jae Soo looked up, and saw Minhyuk holding up an extra helmet, as he’s on his motorcycle. “Oh geeze,” Jae Soo mumbled, as she sighed. “Hurry up, jagiya. We will be late for school,” Minhyuk told her.

“Did you have to pick me up? Also, stop calling me jagiya. Who’s your jagiya?” Jae Soo replied. “You’re my one and only jagiya,” he responded with a sweet smile. Jae Soo pinched his left cheek, and grabbed the helmet out of his hands.

“Thanks for giving it to me. Now I can trash it,” Jae Soo said, as she walked towards a trash bin nearby. “Yah, don’t toss it!” Minhyuk shouted, as he came running to her direction and grabbed hold of it.

“I specially painted your name on it,” he told her with a smile, as he showed it to her. Jae Soo took a quick glance, and giggled. “You idiot, why are you doing this for me? We’re not even dating,” Jae Soo asked, as she pulls the helmet away and outs it on.

“I told you already. You’re my jagiya,” Minhyuk answered. “Very cheesy,” Jae Soo said nodding her head, as they both laughed. She climbed on the motorcycle in defeat, and Minhyuk drove them off to school.

When they arrived, Jae Soo hops quickly and takes off her helmet. “It’s too small for me,” she whined, handing it back to Minhyuk. “Is it? I thought it would fit your tiny head?” Minhyuk joked. “Yah!” Jae Soo shouted at him, and playfully punched him.

“Good morning love birds,” Yookwon greeted them with a wink. “Tch, wink again and I’ll poke your eyes,” Jae Soo said, raising her helmet at him. “Geeze, don’t you ever know how to be nice?” Yookwon said whilst scratching the back of his head.

“Tch, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m always nice,” Jae Soo answered, as she stuck her tongue out at him and walked ahead. “She’s a funny chic,” Yookwon told Minhyuk, and they both laughed.

“Do you have her number already?” Yookwon asks. “Heck yes I do. I got it yesterday night,” he answered proudly. “Oh, is that so? She just handed it over to you?” Yookwon asks in shock.

Minhyuk looked at Yookwon, and just gave him a plain smirk. Yookwon was confused, as Minhyuk walked inside the campus without saying anything after the smirk.

Zico jollily skipped to the art room with a smile plastered on his face. ‘I hope she’ll like this art book!’ Zico thought to himself, as he opened the art homeroom door.

There was no sight of Ren inside. Zico scratched his head in confusion, as he sighed wretchedly. He then decided to place the art book on Ren’s desk instead, with a note saying it’s from him. But with doing so after writing the note, he didn’t know which one was Ren’s seat.

“I’m so lame,” Zico whispered to himself. “You sure are,” a female voice spoke up from behind. Zico quickly turned around, and saw Ren standing by the door with her arms crossed. “You’re in here early,” Ren said, as Zico chuckled to himself.

“Yea,” Zico softly replied, nodding his head shyly. “Do you have art for first period?” Ren asks, noticing the book in Zico’s hands. “N-n-no, I h-h-have it for third,” Zico stuttered.

“Ah, so are you putting that book inside here for your use then?” Ren asked, as Zico looked at the art book and laughed. “No, I...” Zico silently said, as he turned to look at Ren, “I...I...Where do you sit?”

Ren drew her eyes away from the book and Zico, as she walked to her desk. “Here, I sit here,” she answered. “Ah, so you have this class for last?” He questioned her some more. “Yeh, but I like to come here in the mornings and during lunch, because it’s quiet here and peaceful,” she answered.

Zico smiled just admiring her, as he had spaced out. “Zico,” Ren called to him, and he shook his head. “Can you hold onto this book? I have to go to the bathroom,” Zico quickly said, as he handed the art book to Ren, and stormed off.

“Wait—“

Before Ren can stop Zico, he already disappeared outside. She looked at the book, and saw a sticky note on it.

“Hey Ren, I see that you always admired art, so I decided to buy you this book to help you know more about art. It’s the latest edition, and I knew that you would like it. Bye ^_^”

Ren chuckled after reading the sticky note, and stuck inside her book bag.

“Hey Kyung,” Mia greeted, as she walked past him. “Hi!” Kyung greets back. “Kyung oppa, don’t tell me you two are dating,” a female classmate hanging around Kyung, asks. “Does it matter?” Kyung asks. “She doesn’t seem your type,” the classmate remarked. “Heh, you’re not my type,” Kyung told her, and walks away catching up with Mia.

“Yo Mia, wait up,” Kyung called for her. Mia turned back, and saw Kyung running up to her. “You came quite late today,” Kyung said. “Oh, did I? It seemed like the perfect time, since the bell hasn’t rung yet,” Mia replied, as Kyung smiled.

“So do you walk to school, or take the bus?” He asked her. “I walk to school, why?” Mia answered. “Oh, is that so? Would you like me to come pick you up sometimes?” Kyung offers. Mia giggles, and nodded her head slowly. “That’d be nice, friend,” Mia replied.

Kyung smiled in greatness. He couldn’t believe that Mia was really giving in easily. He wondered to himself, was she into him already?

“Hey Mia, are you planning on performing in the talent show?” Kyung asked, changing the subject. “Hm, I have no talent in whatsoever,” Mia answered plainly. “What? I bet you have lots of talent. You played the violin,” Kyung said.

“No way, none at all. The violin was for fun. How about you, though? Are you planning on performing?” Mia asked. “Don’t tell me that you don’t know. I perform every year, and win ever year,” Kyung answered.

“Oh, I had no idea. Sorry, I’m just not into these talent stuff, since I’m pretty much talentless myself,” she replied with a frown. Kyung shrugged it off and smiled, as he nudged Mia’s shoulder. “Come to the talent this year then,” Kyung suggested.

“Why, are you going to sing a song for me?” Mia teased, and they both laughed. “Maybe, if you want me to. Then again, I rap with my buddy Zico more. So if you come to the talent show, I’ll rap for you,” Kyung answered.

“Nice, I didn’t know that you rap. You seem so giddy up on picking up girls with your cheesy lines, that I never thought of you being a rapper,” Mia again. “Oh Mia, you just need to get to know me. I don’t pick up girls using cheesy lines. That’s what my friends do,” Kyung replied, and they both gave out a laugh again.

Jihoon walked to homeroom alone, as he didn’t spy his hyungs anywhere. While making his way there, he heard a loud shout from the corner nearby the homeroom.

“It’s your choice then! Fine! It’s done then! Remember that you decided on this!” The female voice shouted louder, as Jihoon eavesdropped closer.

The person came out from the corner, and Jihoon bowed in apology. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but is everything okay?” He asks, still bowing. “Jihoon?” The female classmate called to him. He looked up and noticed that it was Ju Yeon.

“Hey,” Jihoon greeted her. “Hi,” she greeted back formally. “Are you alright? You were shouting quite loud,” he asked, making sure she was fine. “It’s nothing big. My ex-boyfriend now, just called to break up with me,” Ju Yeon answered.

“Wow, what an interesting morning to start with,” Jihoon said in shock. “Ugh, I think it’s just karma,” she said, sounding disappointed. “Karma? Ju Yeon, I’ve never even seen you done bad things before though,” he stated.

“That’s because you only see the ‘Ju Yeon’ at school, not the ‘Ju Yeon’ out of school,” Ju Yeon explained. “I don’t get it. There are two of you?” He asked. Ju Yeon laughed and then sighed. “Can I get a hug from you?” She asked. “S-s-sure,” Jihoon stuttered.

“Thanks, I really needed it,” Ju Yeon said, as she hugged Jihoon. He started to blush madly, the minute she hugged him. “You’re a great friend Jihoon, and I’m so glad you’re not a jerk,” Ju Yeon told him. “Of course not,” he replied, and they both pulled away from the hug.

“Shall we go inside the homeroom now?” Jihoon asked, changing the subject. “Sure,” Ju Yeon answered, and they both entered inside.

Jae Soo lazily dragged her feet to class, and suddenly bumps into a classmate. “Watch it, dude!” Jae Soo angrily spoke, as she looked up to see who it was. “Oh, sorry Jae Soo. I didn’t see you there. Good morning by the way,” Zico greeted her with a huge grin.

“Good morning...?” Jae Soo confusedly greeted him back. “Soo!” Jae Soo heard her the nickname the guys gave to her, being shouted out loudly by the hall. She turned to the direction, and saw Minhyuk running up to her.

“What is it now?” She asked him. “I forgot to give you this brochure this morning. Be sure to check it out, as I’m going to be in it for you. Also, if I win, you’re announcing that you’re my girlfriend,” Minhyuk told her, and smirked at her before leaving to his homeroom.

“BNS 2012 Annual Talent Show?” Jae Soo read the title. “What the ery is this?” She asked herself, and entered inside homeroom. She sat at her desk next to Zico, and tried asking him, but he was so spaced out, no answers were given.

Yookwon sadly didn’t pay attention, and Kyung was busy writing in his notebook. Jae Soo read the brochure a couple times in class, and was still confused. “Does he want me to perform too, or what?” She asked herself.

“Minhyuk gave me this, and I don’t get it,” Jae Soo said, holding up the brochure. Ren took a look at it, and rolled her eyes. “It’s the school’s talent show that’s happening next month,” Ren answered.

“School’s talent show?” Jae Soo repeated what Ren said. “Mm, there’s a school talent show every year, whereas majority of the student participates,” Ren replied. “Ahh, so who are these students that do this show?” Jae Soo asks.

“Your boyfriend and his group most likely,” Ren answered, and Jae Soo softly punches her. “He’s not my boyfriend,” Jae Soo told Ren, and she just laughs.

“Oh, so then why are there so many categories here? For example, why are these labeled as rap, dance, sing, and group?” Jae Soo asked as she looked at the brochure.

“I’ll give you an example for the winners of the past three years then. For rap, it’s usually just Zico, Jihoon, and Kyung who wins, because they’re always participating in the rap category. For dancing, your man Minhyuk and his buddy Yookwon does dancing so yea, they participate in that. Lastly would be Taeil and Jaehyo, who are the singers and they’ll sing a duet together with no dance or rap. As for group, it’s just a group of three or more who sing, dance, and rap altogether or whatever,“ Ren explained.

“So you’re saying, Minhyuk’s group has mostly been winning?” Jae Soo asked. “Yea, they participate every year, and not only that, he is the principal’s son,” Ren answered as she drinks her water.

“That cheater,” Jae Soo mumbled. “Why are you asking me this? Are you planning on participating?” Ren asked. “Heck no! Minhyuk just gave me this brochure telling me that he’s participating for me. He made a deal with me saying that if he wins, then I’ll have to announce to the entire school that I’m his girlfriend,” Jae Soo answered with an irately facial.

“Hahaha! That’s hilarious, and there’s no way that you’ll be free from him then. He wins every year,” Ren said as Jae Soo puffed her cheeks angrily. “I’m going to settle this down then. Thanks for explaining me these details,” Jae Soo said to Ren, and then runs off to find Minhyuk in the school dance practice room.

Jae Soo opened the dance room, and saw Minhyuk and Yookwon practicing, as the rest of the boys were practicing on their own. “Yah, Lee Minhyuk,” Jae Soo called to him. All the boys turned around, and found Jae Soo standing at the door catching her breath.

“Miss me that much?” Minhyuk asks, as Jae Soo rolled her eyes, feeling sick to the stomach hearing his sweet talk. “We need to talk about this talent show,” Jae Soo said, as Minhyuk smirks and then walks up to Jae Soo.

She pulled him outside shutting the door, and faced him without fear. “I hear that you’ll win every year anyways, because you’re the principal’s son,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk laughed. “Ah, so you found me out?” Minhyuk asks.

“You little cheater, don’t try and act as if I’m that dumb,” she said. “Yea, I win every year, and?” He asked. “What do you mean and? If you’re going to cheat like this, I’d rather tell everyone you just win because you’re cheating,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk laughed.

“They let me win because they are just students who are judging. Also, it’s not my fault that I have to make my dad and the school look good,” Minhyuk, answered. “Fine, but we’ll do this fair and square this year, if you want to claim your prize,” Jae Soo said as Minhyuk shrugged with a small laugh.

“The teachers will judge this year, so don’t go around trying to tell your dad to raise their paychecks, just so you can win. Also, you shouldn’t do dance this year. Do something different that will make you win fair and square,” she told him.

Minhyuk thought for a minute, and then smiles at her. “Okay then, that sounds fair enough. But if I win fair and square, I get my prize pick,” he told her with a gleeful smile. “As if you’ll win this year,” Jae Soo told him, as she sticks her tongue at him and then walks away. Minhyuk laughs and then enters inside the dance room again.

“Boys, we need a meeting,” he told his friends.



 

SORRY FOR A SHORT CHAPTER!

It's 3:25 AM right now. =_=

I need to sleep NOW, since I'm going to re-cut my hair and shop!!! XDD

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS UPDATE! MORE WILL COME SOON!