`31

His Annoying Games

Seven o’ clock came on time, and Dong Won snuck out before Jae Soo saw him leave. Well, he didn’t have to sneak out, since Jae Soo stood inside her room the entire day when she returned.

“Hyung!” Minhyuk called over to Dong Won, as he sits outside of the tent restaurant. “Oh, is the ahjumma closing early, that’s why you’re out here?” Dong Won asked, and Minhyuk shook his head.

“I don’t want to talk inside, as there are a lot of customers today,” Minhyuk answered, and Dong Won nodded his head. “Well, let me buy some drinks and we’ll talk by the quiet Han River,” Dong Won suggested, and Minhyuk nodded his head.

It was like a date, sitting at night with the moon and stars shining down, but instead of a girl and a boy enjoying the night, it were two men having a talk.

“So Jae Soo misunderstood you and this young friend Ah Young?” Dong Won asked, and Minhyuk nodded his head. “I tried to explain it to Jae Soo, but she doesn’t seem to believe me. So whichever way I would try and put it, I’m sure that she still won’t believe me,” Minhyuk answered in distress.

“Well Minhyuk, I only have one question for you,” Dong Won said, and Minhyuk looked at him. “Shoot,” Minhyuk replied, and Dong Won lightly sighed.

“Do you like my sister more than a friend?” Dong Won asked.

 

“Oppa, Dong Won oppa,” Jae Soo knocked on Dong Won’s door the next morning. “It’s so early, Jae Soo. Go back to bed!” Dong Won shouted from inside his room. “It’s nine in the morning, lazy! Anyways, I’m just telling you that I’m going to Ren’s place. See you later,” Jae Soo replied, and Dong Won groaned.

Jae Soo walked out of her house, and before stepping out any further, she checked around her. No Minhyuk in sight, and she exhaled in relief.

“Jagiya~” Jae Soo heard a male’s voice, and quickly searches for the person in paranoia mode. However, it was just her neighbor talking loudly on the phone only. “I’m going insane,” Jae Soo mumbled to herself, and then dashes to Ren’s house.

“Have you already eaten breakfast?” Ren asked Jae Soo, as they both sat in Ren’s quiet living room with the television on. “I’m not hungry,” Jae Soo replied, and Ren looked at her friend.

“You know that after today, tomorrow is back to school,” Ren told Jae Soo, and then watches Jae Soo sigh some more. “I really don’t see a point to whereas why Minhyuk does this to me,” Jae Soo blurted out something.

“He’s a guy, and guys do stuff like this,” Ren flowed along with the conversation, and Jae Soo shrugged. “You and Zico don’t seem so,” Jae Soo said, and Ren laughed. “He’s just like another guy,” Ren replied, and Jae Soo pursed her lips together.

“Jae Soo-yah, you told me that you had feelings for Minhyuk. So why did you say that you don’t want anything to do with him anymore? If this has to do anything with Ah Young, tell me,” Ren asked, and Jae Soo looked at her friend.

“They both kissed,” she answered, and Ren’s eyes open widely in shock, plus . “What the ing ?” Ren cursed, and Jae Soo nodded her head. “That’s why I went missing,” Jae Soo explained, and Ren squeezed her squared pillow tightly.

“That little fake plastic wannabe cute !” Ren cursed some more, but Jae Soo just frowned some more. “I don’t care much, because they like each other anyways. I guess it’s just a greater chance for me not to like Minhyuk as much,” Jae Soo replied.

“How can you say that? Jae Soo, don’t let her get to you like this. Minhyuk is supposed to be your man!” Ren raised her voice, but Jae Soo just still left that expressionless face on. “We never dated, Ren. So therefore, he’s not my man,” Jae Soo corrected Ren, and Ren slaps her forehead.

 

“Ren…” Zico wailed away, as he rolled back and forth like a five-year-old on Jihoon’s bed. “Will you shut up, hyung? My ears are going deaf,” Jihoon told Zico, as he covered them with both hands.

“Should’ve never argued with her,” Yookwon said, and Zico just continued on being the five-year-old he is. “I miss my Ren. I was so close to hugging her. Ren!” He continued on, and the boys all gave him an annoying expression.

“Go buy her a dozen of roses,” Jaehyo suggested.

“Write her a song,” Kyung added on the suggestion.

“Bring her chocolates,” Yookwon too, added.

“Take her out to the movies,” Taeil said with a smile.

“Just confess to her and tell her how you really feel, then do all those lame stuff later,” Jihoon the maknae, said.

Zico rubbed his eyes, and looked at all his friends, (excluding Minhyuk, since he’s not there), and tilted his head to think.

“Ren doesn’t like flowers though, nor chocolates and movie dates. I’m not quite sure what type of songs she likes, but confessing to her is a great idea. Thanks a lot, friends!” Zico thanked them, and dashes out of Jihoon’s room.

“It’s only been one day that Ren ignored him, and he’s acting as if she’s never looking at him for years,” Jaehyo muttered, and the boys laughed.

Zico entered inside a tiny shop in the busy downtown of Seoul, and looked around for anything that Ren would like. He knows that she’s not a very girly kind, so he wasn’t looking for anything in specific of jewelries.

“Hmm, this seems quite like her,” Zico muttered to himself, as he grabs an action movie off a shelf. “Woah, she would love this too,” he added to his oneself conversation, and grabs a book filled with art.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot to give back your cellphone I found,” Ren said, as she lightly threw Jae Soo’s cellphone at her. “ No wonder I couldn’t find it,” Jae Soo mumbled to herself, and Ren shrugged.

“I found it inside Ah Young’s purse,” Ren said, and Jae Soo chuckled. “I can careless,” Jae Soo replied. “You know Jae, I think you shouldn’t let that backstabbing cute have Minhyuk,” Ren said, and Jae Soo rolled her eyes.

“I don’t care, they can do whatever they want with each other,” Jae Soo mumbled, and then yawns. “Besides, Minhyuk haven’t even tried looking for me since I returned. So why bother?” Jae Soo added, and Ren turned to look at her friend.

“So you want him to look for you?” Ren asked, and a smile curved on her lips. “What? No, I didn’t mean it like that,” Jae Soo answered and shook her head. “Jae, you can’t lie to me ever,” Ren replied with that smile remaining on her face, and Jae Soo gurgled.

“It’s getting late, as I had probably stayed out longer than I had told my brother,” Jae Soo said, changing the subject. “Right, if you want to search for Minhyuk, just say it,” Ren teased, and Jae Soo raised an eyebrow at Ren.

“Why don’t you speak for yourself? I bet you’re hella missing Zico,” Jae Soo teased back, and Ren slapped her friend’s arm. “Oh, that was a good one. I’ll let that slide,” Ren replied, and Jae Soo laughed.

Jae Soo then left Ren’s place, and decided to walk home instead of taking the bus. There was still sunlight left, so Jae Soo didn’t felt scared much.

Sighing to herself, Jae Soo shook her head and tried not to think of Minhyuk. Each time he comes across her mind, Jae Soo just sighs some more.

“What’s up with the sighing?” Minhyuk spoke up from behind Jae Soo. She jumped in shock, and glared at him. “Are you stalking me?” Jae Soo asked, and Minhyuk shook his head. “I was heading home from Jihoon’s place,” Minhyuk answered, and Jae Soo shrugged her shoulders.

“It’s okay to say that you went to visit Ah Young. You both are a perfect pair,” Jae Soo mumbled, and continues to walk away. “Hmph, you really think that I’m into her?” Minhyuk asked, and Jae Soo nods her head.

“Why shouldn’t you be? She’s smart, that’s for sure,” Jae Soo answered, and rolled her eyes. “I don’t care if she’s smart, she’s not you,” Minhyuk replied, and Jae Soo stopped her tracks. She turned around and faced a distressed expression Minhyuk.

“I really don’t like or care for her. Okay, maybe I care for her a little, but it’s only like an older brother thing. I’m not into her,” Minhyuk blurted, and Jae Soo shrugged. “So then you like me?” She asked, and Minhyuk silently nodded her head.

“Well I don’t. I’m not interested in you, or never will I be. I know nothing about you, and your family. You know too much of me, and it’s irritating to be with someone who doesn’t explain himself to someone. Stop following me from now on,” Jae Soo replied with hatred, and Minhyuk hastily pulls Jae Soo into a hug.

Trying to break free, Jae Soo shook and hits Minhyuk on his back. Still, he didn’t let her go.

“If you want to know about me, then be with me. Stay with me and I’ll explain. I’m just not a person who talks about myself much, because I don’t even know who I am. Until you showed up in my life, and I started to care about the world,” Minhyuk replied back, and Jae Soo stopped fighting.

Instead, she stood there and listened.

“I’m sorry that I was the type to never answer your questions. It’s just, I don’t know what to say, that will make everything sound true to you. I don’t want to be a liar forever, as I’ve been living a lie my entire life,” Minhyuk continued on, and Jae Soo’s heart broke.

“Hyuk-ah, let me go,” Jae Soo calmly told him, and Minhyuk shook his head. “You want to know me right, so I’ll tell you everything,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo harshly pushes him away.

“I’m not going to like you out of your pity stories. So leave me alone!” Jae Soo shouted, and ran off home. Minhyuk chased after of course, as he wanted nothing else but Jae Soo to listen.

Jae Soo quickly reaches home, and slams the door in front of Minhyuk’s face. Weeping to herself, Jae Soo runs up to her room, as her clueless brother calls to her. Then there came the knock at the door, and Dong Wan goes open it.

“Hyung, let me see Jae Soo, please,” Minhyuk begged, and Dong Wan hung his head low. “Don’t let him come in!” Jae Soo shouted from upstairs, as her door flung open. “You heard her, she doesn’t want to see you,” Dong Wan said with an anger attitude.

“Jae Soo, you said wanted to know about me. Why won’t you let me talk to you?” Minhyuk spoke to her, and Jae Soo closes her bedroom door again. Dong Wan looks at the pitiful state Minhyuk, and apologizes quietly.

“She’s not in a good mood right now, so let me try to calm her down and talk with her. I’ll see what I can do, but as of right now, I might have to act like I hate you,” Dong Wan whispers, and Minhyuk nodded his head. “I understand,” Minhyuk replied, and leaves.

“Aish, this little brat,” Dong Wan muttered under his breath, as he ruffles his hair.

The days slowly passed on, and Jae Soo ignored everyone more and more. She became less communicating with Zico, and hung out with Ren only. Minhyuk would try to talk with Jae Soo at times, but Ren would be there to block him.

Even when Minhyuk brings Zico along to take Ren away, Jae Soo just brushes Minhyuk off, as Zico couldn’t fight against Ren. Both boys were in distraught, and were in need of certain help.

 

“Kang Jae Soo!” Minhyuk shouted outside of Jae Soo’s house, as it rained like cats and dogs outside. The April shower month came, and for many nights, it had rained. “He’s going to get sick like that,” Dong Won said, sounding concern for Minhyuk.

“It’s his own fault if he does get sick,” Jae Soo said, and ignores Minhyuk. Dong Won angrily inhaled his breath, as he just wants to choke his sister.

Jae Soo opens her door to leave, and finds an entirely drenched Minhyuk sleeping on her front porch. She slowly touches Minhyuk’s face, and felt that he was burning. Jae Soo quickly panics, but then doesn’t take Minhyuk inside. He was better off elsewhere.

“Jae Soo,” Minhyuk awoke from sickness, and held onto a hand that he felt. “Hyung, can you not do that?” Minhyuk heard Yookwon’s nasally voice spoke. “Ugh,” he groaned, and releases Yookwon’s hand.

“How did I end up here?” Minhyuk asked, as he slowly sits up on Yookwon’s bed. “Jae Soo called me, and I went to her place to pick you up,” Yookwon answered, as he threw a warm towel at his buddy.

“Darn it, Jae Soo,” Minhyuk mumbled, and Yookwon looked at his sick friend. “Hyung, if you don’t stop torturing yourself, you might end up in the hospital instead of my home. You should eat something too, I can see the bones sticking out on your face,” Yookwon said, and Minhyuk shook his head

“I just need Jae Soo to hear me out,” Minhyuk replied, and Yookwon turned to look at him. “Then kiss her. Isn’t that your job to make girls melt? Kiss Jae Soo alone somewhere in the dark, and tell her that you love her,” Yookwon said, and switches the channels.

“Kiss her and tell her that I love her?” Minhyuk asked himself.

 

As the days go by, all Jae Soo could see was Ah Young following Minhyuk around. Of course he seemed unpleasant, but Jae Soo couldn’t do anything. It was a choice she made.

“Can we get a bottle of soju please?” Jae Soo asked an ahjumma inside the tent house, as she and Ren dined together. “Soju? I thought that you were living great?” Ren asked, and Jae Soo chuckled.

“I am always living great,” Jae Soo answered with a smile. “Right,” Ren replied, not believing her friend. “Ren, I don’t see why you and Zico stopped talking. Just because Minhyuk and I stopped, doesn’t mean that you and he does too,” Jae Soo said, and Ren laughed.

“They’re friends, Jae Soo. They can just both be the same,” Ren replied, and Jae Soo chuckled. “What if Zico wasn’t his friend then?” Jae Soo asked, and Ren then thought for a bit.

“I will think about it,” Ren replied, and Jae Soo smiled. “You and Zico only had a tiny problem, you both should fix it. I know you miss him showing off his bike,” Jae Soo teased, and Ren chortled.

“I do miss his silliness,” Ren admitted, and Jae Soo laughed. “Call him then,” Jae Soo said, and Ren shook her head. “I rather not,” she replied, and Jae Soo rolled her eyes. “Just do it,” Jae Soo said, as she snatched Ren’s phone away, and dialed Zico’s number and pressed the call button.

“Jae Soo you—Hello, Zico,” Ren greeted, as she heard Zico’s greet to her. “Hey, what’s up?” Zico asked, and Ren giggled to herself. “Nothing, it’s just…what are you doing?” Ren asked, and Jae Soo covered whilst laughing.

“I’m watching television, how about you?” Zico asked back. “Oh, I’m dining with Jae Soo,” Ren answered, and she heard a sigh from Zico. “So what’s the real reason behind of you calling me?” Zico asked, sounding unhappy.

“Jae Soo called you, not me. Though, I have to say, when do you have the free time for a bike ride?” Ren asked, and Zico’s eyes lit up. “I always have the free time,” Zico answered hastily, and Ren chuckled. “Well then, I’ll call you when I need a bike riding partner,” Ren replied.

The two hung up, and Ren faked a gag.

“Stop it, you like him,” Jae Soo said, and Ren giggled. “Maybe,” Ren replied with a shrug, and Jae Soo laughed. “It’s your turn to make up with Minhyuk,” Ren said, and Jae Soo shook her head.

“Oh no,” Jae Soo replied, putting her phone away inside her bag. “No way am I going to talk with Minhyuk,” Jae Soo said, and Ren narrowed her eyebrows at Jae Soo. “I see that you’re just avoiding him in your own matters. Why’s that?” Ren asked, and Jae Soo shook her head.

“I’m not doing anything,” Jae Soo answered, and Ren rolled her eyes. “Jae Soo, you’re being strange right now,” Ren said, and crosses her arms as their food and the bottle of soju was placed in front of them. “I am not strange,” Jae Soo replied, and opens the soju bottle.

“You don’t even drink,” Ren spat, and Jae Soo shrugged. “I do now,” Jae Soo smiled with delight, as she poured herself a shot of soju. “Want some?” She asked Ren. “No thank you,” Ren answered, and Jae Soo shrugged.

One shot after another, and Ren finally stopped Jae Soo on her fourth bottle. Jae Soo had turned bright red like a tomato, and had started talking about nonsense things. She even said hi to random strangers, which Ren was embarrassed of.

After paying for their dinner, Ren took Jae Soo to her place. Taking a drunk Jae Soo home wasn’t a very smart idea.

“You know Ren,” Jae Soo spoke, and then giggles. “No Jae, I don’t know,” Ren sarcastically answers, as she holds onto Jae Soo’s arm. “Yes, you do know. I like Minhyuk. Like a lot!” Jae Soo blurted, and Ren gurgled.

“Okay yes, that I know,” Ren replied, and Jae Soo giggled again. “See, I told you that you know,” Jae Soo said, giggling some more. “Walk up straight,” Ren muttered, and Jae Soo flipped her hair out of her face.

“Okay, no dramatic Korean drama please,” Ren jokingly said, and Jae Soo laughed. “Korean drama, pfft! That’s what I’m living as of right now,” Jae Soo said, as she hits her chest hard.

“Don’t abuse yourself,” Ren told her, and holds Jae Soo’s hand back. “Why? Why not? It was my entire stupid fault! If only I wasn’t so nice, I wouldn’t have let Minhyuk slip away! He’s the one that got away,” Jae Soo sang the last sentence, and giggled.

“Okay Miss Katy Perry fan, what happened?” Ren asked, as she was finally getting the truth out. “Do you remember when you all left me alone at the hospital?” Jae Soo asked, and started using her hands to talk with Ren also.

“Yes, I remember,” Ren answered, still trying to hold Jae Soo up. “Yeah, that night~” Jae Soo started off.

[What happened in the hospital that night.]

“Min—Oh, Ah Young-ah,” Jae Soo greeted Ah Young, and sets Joy’s fruits basket aside.

“Jae Soo,” Ah Young called to her, as she got down on her knees. “Ah Young-ssi, what are you doing?” Jae Soo asked. “Please, please give me Minhyuk,” the girl cried, as she begged down on her knees.

Jae Soo’s jaw dropped, as she saw a girl begging in front of her for Minhyuk.

“Ah Young—“

“You don’t even like him, do you? I love Minhyuk a lot, and I really want him. I’ve been in love with Minhyuk for the longest, and I want him to be mine. Please, I’m begging you to give him to me,” Ah Young begged, interrupting what Jae Soo had to say.

Jae Soo was so lost in words, she didn’t even know whether to say yes or no. Having someone beg for Minhyuk from Jae Soo, was the most horrifying thing anyone ever did in her eyes. She couldn’t even think clearly.

“Please come back later when everyone is here. I need some time alone,” Jae Soo told Ah Young and wraps herself in her blanket as she turns away.

[Now back to the present.]

Ren drops Jae Soo onto the floor, and throws a blanket on top of Jae Soo. Angrily, Ren calls Zico, and clenched a fist tightly.

“I think it’s a bit too late for bike riding right now,” Zico giggled, and Ren scoffed. “I’m not calling for a bike ride. I’m calling for Ah Young,” Ren replied.

Mia laughed, as she and Kyung chatted back and forth on MSN. It’s been awhile since she ever used the damn thing, and it was great to use it with Kyung.

Kyung then sends her a message about printing out the photo of her kissing him, and giving it to him. Mia replies a yes, and signs out as it was getting late.

Finally looking through her camera, Mia came upon a video she doesn’t remember recording. Anxiously, Mia presses play.

“Does this thing really work?” Ren’s voice was heard, and Mia giggled. “My dad didn’t buy it for me if it wouldn’t work,” Mia heard her own voice. “It’s a nice camera by the way,” Ren said, as she jokingly poses.

“Yah, are you stupid? Give it back to me,” Mia heard herself, and laughed audibly as she remembers Ren playing around with her camera. “Hey girls, we’re leaving to the beach concert thing. So hurry,” Eun Hyo’s voice spoke in the background, and everyone left leaving the camera behind.

Mia was just about to shut it off, but then noticed at how long the camera had recorded. So instead of discontinuing the video, she quickly fast-forwards the scenery of the hotel room.

Finally, it came upon two figures, and Mia presses play.

“Because we grew up together, and knowing that you were a young one like Jihoon, you’re just a little sister to me. Please just keep it that way,” Mia sees Minhyuk talking to Ah Young, as he doesn’t face her.

“What the heck?” Mia whispers to herself.

“I’ve brought the—“

“Jae—“

Mia gasped immediately, as she saw Ah Young being the one to kiss Minhyuk, as the other female’s voice was definitely Jae Soo’s. Then Mia heard Jae Soo’s runaway, and Minhyuk’s shout.

Ah Young then of course took Jae Soo’s phone, deeper in the video that Mia watched.

“I have to show this to Kyung,” Mia told herself, as she took her cellphone out and grabs her jacket.

Not only was she going to show Kyung, but everyone else.

Especially Jae Soo.

 


 

Okay, I know that this is a VERY messed up and sloppy chapter. I VERY SORRY! TT^TT

I tried my best to make it a very intense chapter. >_< I'm just very frustrated with imovie, as it won't load some of my videos, because it aint "compatible". which is weird, BECAUSE they're all .mp4. so im just mad at imovie, and yes, probably put it out on this chapter. ):

DO NOT WORRY, because the next chapter and other chapters will be AWESOME AND NOT SLOPPY! :DD

Any who, do i have any QUEENS in the HIZZOUSE? lol! T-Ara's comeback was just FLAWLESS. Never fails to impress me. I love their album VERY VERY much, as I've been listening to DAY BY DAY everyday. LMAO! I love how they always have DRAMA MUSIC VIDEOS, not just a simple quickity dip mv. LOL. Who thought that it was FINAL FANTASY?! LOL! Because I swear that Dani was a blind Tifa, and Hyomin drove Cloud's motorcycle. HAHAHAHAHA!

[BEHIND THE SCENES]

Kyung: Where did BBomb hyung disappear to? *scratches head*

Jaehyo: Why is PO sleeping on the ground?

Kyung: I think we should wake him...

(goes to wake up PO)

PO: *slowly wakes up* BBomb hyung... Author-nim kidnapped him.

Jaehyo and Kyung: WHAT?!

Ah Young: Or maybe I did. ;)

[END OF BTS!]