Catwoman Hit in The Head by A Stray Ball

Romeo N Juliet

Chungju. The town which hold some bittersweet memories for her. She will not dwell on the bitter part. She liked the place because ... she had both his and JBs attention, particularly his fullest attention.

She had to perform for some local contest there, under the direct orders from the president after her mother meddled with her affairs. They did not even provide her a car, instead told her to rely on the bus. It was a sign of impending disaster, she knew that much. But ended up being hit by a football (could be count as a disaster in her case). And who is there to save her again? Him.

Rian had to admit that being hit by a football in the head was not the real reason why she had fainted. It was the shock and embarrassment boiled up to one emotion, fear, which got her to faint. The humiliation she was about to face was too much for her to comprehend.

He rushed her to hospital, in Si Woo’s car and JB’s driving. He stayed by her side, when she woke up the first time. JB was there too. But she drove him out and ... fainted, again. She remembered vaguely, his voice calling nurses.

She was astonished to find him still beside her side when she regained her consciousness. Secretly, she wished it was JB, instead of that cocky rock star wannabe. She believed him when he told her that she snored and grinded her teeth, with a straight face. Only to realise he was really joking.

Her mother arrived moments later, after they both exchanged small talk. The nagging she received was making her head ached even worse. For a while, she forgot about his existence. When she remembered, she begged mother to stop the nagging. He only smiled at the both of them. An awkward but knowing smile.

Suddenly, she felt embarrassed and out of place. JB have seen her mother, alright. But not when she nags as bad as this. The first thought that crossed her mind was what he would think of her, now that he had seen this. Whatever was on his mind, he had concealed well. No traces of his thoughts on his face. At least, now she knew that he is a good actor, but terrible at acting cool with Haesung around. He was radiating like a beacon of sunshine, where everyone can see how hopelessly in love he was with Shin Haesung.

The question that remained in her mind as of the present time was only one, whenever she thought of Chungju and its hospital. Why did he stay with her, instead of going to Haesung? A woman can wonder so much and get nothing in return.