Alcohol, Bets, and Outrageous Results

Romeo N Juliet

The nature of their ‘just best friends’ relationship quickly changed into a more “open relationship” within a couple of months after they became an item, in the eyes of the public.  Thanks to a drunken night. The arrangement of “friends with benefits” came to in this memory, this she recollected clearly. And it started with a ridiculous bet between her, Nana and Ailee.

The three friends knocked their glasses together, spilling some of the contents on the floor and broke into fits of laughter. Nana pointed her glass at Rian’s direction, breaking into a Cheshire grin, “So, have you been getting any lately?” Ailee’s eyebrows rose with interest, she scooted closer to Rian, closing the distance between her and the solo singer.

Rian snorted, and then stared at Nana nervously, “No. I don’t have the time to think about getting it. I am very busy with the drama filming,” she replied sheepishly. “How about you?” questioned Rian, looking at Ailee. “Nah, I just went through a break-up, not in the mood for any.” They turned to face Nana, who was trying to stifle a smirk but failed miserably. She made a zipping motion and said, “These lips are sealed. The last time I’ve checked, some one here had a boyfriend and been staying with him for a year now?”

Ailee glanced at Rian, whose cheeks began blushing. “Yeah. Nana’s right. You shouldn’t have any problems, you have Yoo Jin at your disposal.”

“Yah! Yoo Jin and I might be a couple in the public’s eyes and in name only but our relationship is strictly platonic. Beside, he still can’t let go of his puppy crush on Shin Haesong,” she hissed, crossed her arms and glared at a man who shared a similar hairstyle with one Jin Yoo Jin.

“You know there is a saying goes, you might never know when the one for you is standing right in front of you,” Nana said, coyly. Ailee retorted, “She wouldn’t know if the right man is standing in front of her, considering she’s still pining for my producer.”

Rian leered at the younger girl, who chose to ignore her as a response. All in a sudden, she spotted a hint of amusement and mischief in their eyes. They nodded in unison, “We dare and bet you to try and make out him.”

“I refuse. Because it’s an invalid dare or bet. We promised no bets concerning the act of making love,” she remarked. “You can’t refuse. You had refused the last bet and we are only allowed to refuse one bet per month.” Nana grinned.

Rian groaned, “What? I DID NOT.” Ailee supported Nana’s words, nodding as she spoke, “Yes, you did. You refused that bet where you were supposed to send him a Valentine’s greeting in KBS Entertainment. So, you’ll have to do it.”

“Just relax. We ask you to make out with him, not make love. There’s a difference between out and love. Then report it to us, how well he did for the make out session.” Nana smirked. Rian was left in the state of appalled. She grabbed the nearest glass and gulped it down before tackling another drink.

Her mind ran wild with inappropriate thoughts, all lead to the hot scene finishing on a … bed. What? She told herself to snap out it. Nana and Ailee said she only needs to kiss him, make out … not make love. She felt her cheeks reddened with embarrassment. What on Earth was wrong with her? More beer! She told herself, quickly reaching for another glass.

It was not long before she reached home, in the state of absolute drunk. Nana had a more strong tolerance alcohol, helped Rian to get to her apartment safely and in one piece meanwhile Ailee proved that she could only drink less than half of Rian’s nine bottle of soju limit before passing out in the backseat of Nana’s car.

Rian staggered a little, managed to walk up without tripping the stairs, and fumbled with the keys which Nana could no longer wait and snatched the keys, inserting it into the door pad and punched in the pass code. Rian only flashed an ‘I’m fine from here’ look at the other girl and closed the door behind her. With her blurry vision, she spotted Yoo Jin on the couch, whom arrived early from a meeting with his other rocker friends.

She had no idea what possessed her. It must have been the alcohol because she remembered the feeling of horrified only sunk in the next morning when she found Yoo Jin sharing the same bed as she was in and she was, was … . Of course her shrieks woke him up and they continued to shriek together.

Oh, my … what? Where? Her mind flashed back to last night. Where she had drunkenly make out? Her eyes widened. No! They had, had … she could not bring herself to mutter the forbidden S word. But her mind was yelling at her, repeating the sentence “You had with Yoo Jin!”

“Y-you, I-I … What have we done?” Yoo Jin yelled. He jumped out from the bed, concealing his private areas with her pillow while she wrapped her body with her blanket like a snake tried to choke its victim. Their eyes threw accusatory glances at each other, exclaiming in unison, “You! You did this to me!” and they fought over whose faults that caused them to be in this situation.

Though she vaguely recalled kissing him first, it was still his fault. She never expected for him to kiss her back, with full tenacity, passion and reignited the she had been desperately keeping under control. While they were too busy frolicking with their respective tongues, unaware of their hands moving with great speed to remove obstacles called clothes and by then, they found the bed.

She bit her lower lip when the memory of initiating the kiss came flooding her mind. The look on his face were of mortification and embarrassment. “We are never going to speak about this again.” She nodded in agreement. They promised to never do such thing again.

But … let’s just say, the act of making love between them actually bring more benefits (such as the assurance of not getting any ually-transmitted diseases, if she got knocked up … it was for sure, his, etc) and as long as they keep their relationship platonic, they officially changed the nature of their relationship from “best friend” territory to … friends with benefits.