The Honeymoon Disaster Part.1

Romeo N Juliet

Ah. The honeymoon. Before she met him in high school, she had always fantasised of going to somewhere, such as Greece, Italy, Bali or even Malaysia to spend her honeymoon days with her future husband. In the same fantasy where she had been married to JB and they were very much in love. But there is a reason why fantasy remained a fantasy.

With the wind blowing in her now freed hair, greenery scenes appeasing her eyes  and the watchful eyes of their guests were no longer on them, she felt like smiling. Yoo Jin, who paid his attention to the road, occasionally stealing glimpses at his bride, also had a wide-carve smile on his face.

“Where are we heading to?” asked Rian, without looking at him. She saw the rear mirror at the side of the car and took the opportunity to check her appearance. Her makeup was still intact, even her newly freed hair went back to its wavy form and the feeling of needing to retch was long gone.

“There’s this luxury cabin belonged to one of Taecyeon’s future sister-in-laws. It’s quite far and isolated but I can assure you the views are magnificent and we have about a staff of ten to cater our needs.”

“Taecyeon who?”

“A fellow musician who does part time modelling,” replied Yoo Jin. Rian bit her lower lip, trying to recall a man named Taecyeon. As far as she was concerned, all (mostly former idols) musicians these days had killer bodies, except a special few. “The one who is famous for modelling half- for famous names like Arena and Pepsi.”

“Oh! Ok Taecyeon! From 2PM, right? He has one hot body,” complimented the actress, with a grin on her face. Yoo Jin looked offended at her remarks, retorted, “What’s so special about his body anyway? Lately, he’s not been taking care of his so-called hot body. Unlike mine, I make sure I get some exercises after eating.” She only smirked at his unfounded jealousy.

It was not long until the silver convertible they were riding on suddenly came to a slow halt, indicating that it had ran out of gas. At that moment, Rian stared at Yoo Jin with wide opened, unflatteringly. Yoo Jin took several steps backwards from her. He dug his pockets to search for his phone, pulling it out and tried to ignore the livid aura coming from his bride.

“Great! Just great. Damn it. My phone just died,” he wailed as he held his phone up towards the sky and shook it as if it would come back to live, only to meet a phone with a black screen. He turned to Rian, forgetting her anger at him and asked, “Do you have your phone with you?”

Sometimes, she wondered if he was blind or just simply a moron. The white dress that hugged her figure nicely left no room for her to hide her phone. Even if she tried to hide one, the abnormal lump between her s would definitely give her away since Nana left her strap back at her home. Normally, she had her phone strapped to her upper thigh, like those femme fatales on a mission to kill. It’s for emergency purposes only. Yes, needing to get out from boring dead function is really an emergency.

She placed both of her hands on her hips and fumed at him, gesturing to her body and shot, “Does this dress looked like it can hide a phone in here?”

He took it as a “no” and went to check the car, putting his hood up and tried to check for extra petrol in the convertible’s boot. Alas, there was none but a spare tyre. Not much used of it anyway.

For what it seemed eternity, after the car stopped and Rian had a murderous look on her face when the thunder clashed and the rain fell heavily like judgement day was approaching near. There were shrieks coming from Rian, who tried to protect herself from getting wet (a poor attempt) and her white wedding dress was soaked.

Yoo Jin, on the hand tried to pull the convertible hood up when it refused to budge and enclosed the car. As the rain grew heavy and Rian yelling in the background telling him to get the convertible up, Yoo Jin ultimately abandoned his attempts with most of his energy drained.

He took off his tuxedo’s jacket and handed it to a furious Rian whose makeup, unfortunately melted under the pouring rain. She shot a glare that could kill at Yoo Jin as they huddled closer to prevent from getting wet.

“Seriously? Couldn’t you get things right for once? How the hell did you manage to pick a car that actually had no fuel and has a malfunctioned roof!” she fired at him, an octave higher than usual. He pulled her closer as the thunder roared, almost hugging before he replied, “We didn’t have time to find one with a full tank. It was either this or a pick-up truck. It wasn’t my fault that you lent your car to Ailee who totalled it.”

They continued to argue despite the poor conditions; with Rian did most of the yelling. “I knew it! It was a bad omen to marry you in the first place. Argh, I can’t believe this! It’s like the universe wants me to end up as a spinster and a single mother!” ranted Rian.

She remembered, while ranting, she almost exposed her secret to him. About being in love with him and how she was not so sure about his feelings for her. Luckily, he did not notice the slip up.

“Other people get fantastic honeymoon memories, what did I get? Nothing but being stuck in the middle of nowhere with the rain pouring heavily. Getting married to a guy who probably doesn’t love you as much as you love-

She was silenced with a rather passionate kiss planted on her lips and then, the rain stopped abruptly just as it came down pouring unexpectedly in the first place. Yoo Jin flashed a quick grin at her when they pulled apart and laughed at the sudden changed of weather and the delirious look on her face.

W-what? What just happened? Did he kiss her? PASSIONATELY? But who cares? His lips, ah, she missed them so much. Although they had kissed during the ceremony, but that felt like ages ago. If he tried to shut her from continuing her haranguing of nonsense, then he had succeeded.

“I really loved you, Rian and you can nag, yell or even curse at me later. Right now, I just need you to calm down and look,” he pointed ahead with the mist began to dissipate and luxurious cabin hidden by the previous mist, came to view.

She had to admit that she had momentarily black out after the kiss, whatever that come from his mouth was mute and all her eyes focused on was his sweet lips and intoxicating masculine scent. Instinctively, she knew he wanted her to climb his back when she saw the gesture and finally snapped out from her dazed look when she heard him saying “Your husband.” Though the rest of the sentences were lost to her. 

“There’s the cabin. Here,” he bent over, patted his right shoulders. “And as your husband, I beg you to climb my back so that we both can get there as soon as possible.” She got up to his back, holding tightly around his shoulders and pulled his jacket over her head and his. 

“Gosh, you’re much heavier now than before this,” he interjected. She rolled her eyes. Rian retorted as matter-of-factly, “No, I’m not. It’s the dress. It’s wet, long, and heavy.” She gestured at her dress but the effect was a lost cause when Yoo Jin was too preoccupied with finding the proper path that will lead them to the long-awaited cabin.

They (he) took big steps and walked towards the cabin which was about 800m away from their car, trekking through a mild jungle pathway before reaching the top of the cabin.

“So, what are you going to do?” he asked, all in a sudden. She carved a confused look on her face, replied, “Huh? What?”

“I mean are you going to continue with your ramblings or do you prefer to nag or curse at me for getting us into this mess?” he chirped, alternating his sights between the pathway, sky and the shrubs ahead of him.

“Nah, I’m too tired and exhausted to even think of any curse words for you,” she returned, taking a moment to close her eyes and flashed a quick smile to no one in particular. “Let’s just get to the cabin, I’m starving,” she added, quietly.

“Yeah, me too.” Then, he burst into singing both old and new trots songs, which normally would annoy her to no ends but today, she managed to smile at his attempts to liven her spirits

It would be nice to be able to say that disaster ended as soon as they arrived at the cabin. Regrettably, it did not windup there. Sure, they were relieved to finally reach the cabin where gorgeous staffs of ten capable (superhuman) people were waiting to serve them. But neither expected bad luck to trail them up to the cabin.