Next destination; Chungju (the Miserable Idol and her bus ride)

Romeo N Juliet

She almost forgot another memory related to Chungju. It was the bus ride, from Kirin to that forsaken place.

She entered the bus, slowly. Concealed her face with her huge sunglasses, surveying the bus for any fans or anti-fans. Apparently, there was none. She did not know whether she should be relief or sad at the fact. The bus looked barely full anyways. She hurried to her seat, making sure nobody catches her in, what she claimed to be, the most pitiful state of her life since debuting.

Before she learned of the actual truth regarding on this activity, she was excited. Now that she was on the bus. There was only disappointment and remorse. If only her mother had not barged into the office, demanding the president to allow Rian for solo activities, she would never be on the bus in the first place.

All in a sudden, she spotted a familiar looking man. Jin Yoo Jin. She froze. Panic set in, she desperately tried to hide from him. (A rather futile effort, if you ask her). His narrow, but hawk-like eyes caught her like the terminator zeroing on John Connor. She saw a small, relieved smile (or was it a smirk) on his face. He took a seat next to her. She had no choice to speak to him anyways. She lowered her sunglasses and asked him, “What’s the matter with you? Why are you always hovering around me?”

She did not mean to say it harshly. It was just that he made her felt like John Connor on display. She remembered he replied, almost whispering, that he had matters to settle as well, one could tell right away that matter was one Shin Haesung.

Wearing a worried expression, he timidly asked her, “Hey, just now, are you okay?” Of course, she looked at him incredulously, not understanding the question and inquired him back, “What about just now?” He swiftly told her to forget his question; it seemed to be unimportant anyway. Then, he placed his headphones on and they rode to Chungju in silence, basking in the awkwardness bestowed by his question.

Something in her mind clicked, as if everything makes sense now. His question, the worried expression, his whispering. Rewinding back to her mothers appointment with the president after she was transferred to Kirin. That might be the source of his concern. He must have overheard them talking and ... the grim expression written on her face after the meeting ended. She smiled to no one in particular; it was the first evidence of the fact that beneath his tough, carefree, troublemaker and bad-boy exterior was a future rock-star with a heart of gold.