Too Late.

What About Me?

Yunho and Jieun had been happily dating for a month and a half. Jaejoong refused to speak to Jieun regardless of how many times she called him and left him messages. She even tried to meet him but that didn’t pan out like she hoped. She had managed to lose 10 pounds and eventhough Yunho noticed his girlfriend becoming paler and weaker, there wasn’t much he could do. Everytime he brought up the topic of healthy eating,Jieun would scowl and start texting Naomi till he stopped nagging about her eating habits.

“Say aaa!” Yunho held the spoon an inch from Jieun’s mouth.

“Ugh..no…calories!” Jieun scrunched her face.

“Come on baby…I worked hard on making this.” Yunho pouted. He had baked a cake for Jieun. Okay so he had tried to bake a cake for her. An hour and a destroyed kitchen later,he asked the lady next door to help him. She did most of the work,he just handed her ingredients and let her his .

“No Yunho…you eat it.”

“Please?”

“I said no!” Jieun scowled.

“Geez…why are you so cranky?” Yunho rolled his eyes.

“Im not cranky…Im just a bit stressed out because my exams are right around the corner and I just…Im so frickin sleepy and tired all the time that I cant cram a word in my head…I don’t want to flunk the semester.” Jieun sighed and rested her head in her irritable boyfriend’s lap.

“Maybe it has something to do with your ridiculous diet!” Yunho scolded.

“Shh…Im trying to sleep.” Jieun rolled over and closed her eyes.

“And Im supposed to do what?”

“Eat the cake..’Jieun murmered before instantly falling asleep.

Yunho’s scowl deepened as he switched on the tv and skimmed through the channels. His phone rang and he answered it.

“Yobeseyo?”

“Hey hyung…its Changmin..you wont believe this. Check your email. The world’s going crazy.” With that the maknae hung up.

Confused,Yunho opened his email on his phone and discovered the link to some article on Naver. He selected it and his eyebrows shot up.

JYJ’s Jaejoong gets a girlfriend?

The picture attached to the article was one of Jaejoong huddled with a girl in the corner of a café. They seemed to be talking about something serious. Yunho enlarged the picture and the girl was unmistakably the one lying in his lap at this very moment. Jieun.

Just what the was going on? Why was Jieun out with Jaejoong? What were the two doing together in a café? More importantly, what were they talking about? He scrolled lower to find numerous other pictures of the two at their various rendezvous. One was even in Jieun’s university where Jaejoong was apparently studying a short course. Anger began to simmer inside Yunho. So this was the reason Jieun was acting like this? The drastic weight loss, the shorter clothes,the new hairstyle…she was cheating on him.

“Wake up!” Yunho angrily shook her awake.

“Yah! What do you want?” Jieun sat up,hair tousled.

“Care to explain?” Yunho shoved the phone in her face,disgusted.

Jieun blinked at the screen before comprehension dawned on her soft features. “I can explain..”

“Please do.”

“We’re just friends…or…were. We had a fight and he hasn’t spoken to me since.” Jieun pursed her lips.

“What was the fight about? Did he ask you to break up with me?” Yunho snapped.

“No! Oh God! Yunho Im not cheating on you with him. He’s just my friend. I met him around the time I first met you and weve been good friends ever since. Please don’t assume that I have nothing better to do than go behind your back and bang your friend.”

“He isnt my friend.” Yunho said coldly.

‘Fine. But..Im not cheating on you. The article is just another way for them to get attention..”Jieun reached out for his hand but he pulled it away. “What the hell?”

“I need to go…”Yunho stood up and reached for his jacket. “I need to get my head together…”

“Yunho…! Im not cheating on you..please.” Jieun bit her lip. She really had no idea how to handle this situation. It was spinning out of control. Her head was hurting,her body was tired and Yunho’s accusations werent helping.

“..I have to go…”Yunho shrugged on his jacket and without another word,exited the apartment.

*

Jieun sat staring into space as another night began without a call from Yunho. Naomi wasn’t home,she was out with some guy. Changmin ditched her and she was in a ‘ all’ mode. It didn’t surprise Jieun, Naomi was exactly the kind of girl someone like Changmin would marry. Things had been awkward between them mostly because Jieun knew her friend found it difficult to wrap her head around the fact that Jieun had a boyfriend and she didn’t. They werent exactly close anymore and Jieun wondered had they ever really been that close or was it just convinient? Jieun was the fatty and Naomi was Miss PartyAllNight. They fit well together because there was no guy who gave a about Jieun and were all automatically attracted to Naomi and Jieun would just take it because she had to. The last time she went out with Naomi for drinks, a cute guy came up to ask for her number. She thought the flesh was going to melt off Naomi’s face as the guy completely ignored her  and tried to chat Jieun up. Ofcourse she declined him,saying she had a boyfriend.

But where was dear boyfriend now? He wasn’t talking to her. Jaejoong wasn’t talking to her and this was all one huge disaster. Maybe it was better when she was fatter. Things were less complicated. Jaejoong liked her and Yunho was in love with her. Now it was all so bloody complicated. She decided she would have to go talk to Yunho. This couldn’t go on. She loved him way too much to let pride get in the way. Grabbing her bag she made her way to her boyfriend’s apartment.

A half hour later,she was standing outside his place,shivering slightly. She rang the doorbell,waiting to hug the life out of him and kiss him everywhere. The door opened and the air left Jieun’s lungs as a pretty girl in one of Yunho’s t-shirts stood infront of her. Her legs were bare and she had hair.She blinked at Jieun.

“Yunho…I didn’t know you wanted a ..”The girl laughed.

“What?” Yunho’s voice came and there was fumbling before the door opened wider to reveal Yunho in pj’s and without a top. His hair was sweaty and it looked like she had interuppted a session. “J..Jieun…”

“So this is your solution? Cheat on me so that you’ll feel better about yourself?” Jieun muttered.

“Jieun…its..”

“Not what I think? Don’t give me that…its exactly what I think. Yunho..youre just..Jaejoong…Jaejoong was right about you. Youre not perfect.” Jieun’s eyes filled with tears before she her heels and ran to the elevators.

“Jieun! No! Please wait!” Yunho called after her but it was too late. It was all..too late.