Where They Belong

What About Me?

Jaejoong stared at Jieun with those puppy dog eyes of his.

“…Are you…eating…a carrot?” He said,voice hollow.

Jieun looked up from her math’s homework,the end of the carrot in as she blinked innocently at him. It had been two weeks since she started an extensive program at the gym and in all honesty,it was killing her. She barely got anything in her system. She’s skip breakfast and lunch and have dinner which comprised of disgusting salad and two pieces of bread. She looked unhealthy,to say the least.

“..Its..good for me.” She looked away.

“..Okay…youre eating a carrot and you look like someone shut you in a closet and starved you for three days. Something you wanna tell me Jieun?” Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at her.

“Im just trying to be healthy.”

“..Hmm…you know..you say that…but all I hear is ‘Im trying to look better because I think Im not good enough for Yunho’…am I right or am I right?” Jaejoong’s normally jovial expression became cold as he surveyed his friend.

“That’s not true…being fat isnt good..I read it in a study and…”

‘No..being obese is not good due to health complications. Being yourself is actually considered a good thing on both physical and spritual levels. Something about attaining self-actualization…but you wouldn’t know anything about that because youre too busy trying to fit into a size -2.” Jaejoong was angry and Jieun shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Her cheeks were flaming as she averted her eyes from the fierce black ones that were threatening to burn a hole right through her face.

“There’s nothing wrong with trying to look good…”She murmered.

“You know Jieun…I actually thought you were smarter than this. But I guess youre not. Youre so busy obsessing over whether youre good enough for YUnho or not,youre willing to forget who you are. Why cant he accept you for who you are? Isnt that what love is supposed to be…looking past the imperfections…”

“I have to be perfect if Im dating an idol. Its kinda like a package. Yunho is perfect! And if he..if he ever introduced me to the public…I don’t want people to think he can do better. I don’t want to read comments that demean the way I look.All my life Ive lived being told that Im not good enough…and I believed that. Now..at this time in my life,I have someone Ive loved for so long. For the first time, I got what I wanted instead of having it snatched away from me. So why cant I put some effort into changing so I can keep what I want?” Jieun’s eyes were sparkling with tears.

“Yunho’s not perfect you stupid little girl!” Jaejoong slammed his fist down onto the table,upsetting their cups of coffee. “Really Jieun!? You think he’s ing perfect? He isn’t! He has a small face, he has man s,  he has hairy armpits and a non-symmetrical face! He has scars on his face and Im pretty sure his isn’t all that big. That’s covering his physical attributes. On the inside, he’s cocky and insecure. He thinks way too much of himself and he looks down on others. I don’t think you’ve noticed that because he’s never showed you his ugly side. Try living with him for a good chunk of your life and then make that ridiculous assumption that he is perfect or not! Im so done trying to explain to you that youre absolutely stunning…but you’d rather wallow in self-pity than actually give a damn. Hey..why would you…Im not Uknow Yunho…Im just your friend,Jaejoong and you don’t give a rats about my feelings. So fine Jieun…go ahead..turn into a brainless bony . Be another one of his conquests,show all those girls out there that being skinny is everything. Youre an amazing role model Im sure! Don’t even bother contacting me…Ive had it.” Jaejoong stood up,his chair raking against the marble floor of the café. He tossed a few won to pay for his coffee before running a hand through his hair and glaring down at Jieun’s tear-stained face. “Just so you know…I would have loved you for who you are.” And with that final cut,he stormed out of the café.

*

“Hey sweetie…”Yunho kissed her cheek. “You look upset…”He handed her a can of pepsi which she declined. “No pepsi?” His eyes widened. “Are you sick baby?”

“No..Im fine.” Jieun sniffed before smiling at him. Yunho had called her late in the evening and said he needed to get out for a bit and wanted her to come along. They now sat on his car,overlooking Seoul from a cliff located a few miles outside the city. There wasn’t much to see besides the sparkling jewels of the city below and the diamonds in the night sky. It was cold,winter was approaching. Jieun had wrapped a shawl over her shirt and skirt. She was wearing black tights beneath the skirt and finished the look with red heels. Yunho was the personification of the word ‘casual’. He was wearing sweats…and smelled of it too. Romantic much?

“If you say so…”Yunho stretched and a distinct odour made Jieun scrunch up her nose.

“Darling…do you know what a deodorant is…”Jieun arched an eyebrow.

“Oh that thing that Changmin keeps in his bag?” Yunho grinned. “Yeah…but I don’t need it around you.”

“..My sense of smell works just fine thankyou..”

“Im sorry…I’ll take care next time. Its just…I thought I could be like this around you. Dirty,unkempt, imperfect…”He weaved his fingers through her hair.

“..Why would you not want to be perfect? People would love you…”Jieun asked.

“Why would I want to be perfect? Nobody’s perfect Jieun…and if Im trying to be..Im failing at it. Its just..exhausting to be Uknow Yunho all the time…around you..I just want to be Yunho all the time. But..apparently..you don’t like that…”Yunho bit his lip and the crestfallen look on his face made Jieun’s heart hurt.

“I didn’t mean it like that…”Jieun leaned forward and kissed his neck gently. “I love you Yunho…and..its not because of the fame. I have wealth,I don’t need yours.” She ran her fingers over the hair above his ear. “Did I ever tell you how cute I find your ears?  How alluring that mole is?” She kissed the spot above his lip. “Im honored…that you think Im good enough for you to be yourself around.”

“Ofcourse youre good enough Jieun…why would you ever think youre not?” Yunho’s frowned deepened.

Because Im fat. “Its..nothing. Just let it go…why don’t you tell me how your day was?” She took his hand in hers and plastered a smile on her face.

Yunho looked at her for a split second more before heaving a deep sigh. “I think Im getting old…”

Jieun blinked in confusion.

“I mean…I don’t think Im as popular now as I used to be. With JYJ gone…who am I kidding…I cant possibly keep TVXQ alive. I have to go for military service too..and if Im gone..Changmin cant perform alone as TVXQ…what if..what if by the time the two of us come back..what if no one remembers TVXQ? Jieun..I worked hard all my life so that I could make a name for myself..and now…now with all these new bands popping up…will all the work just go to waste? Will the world forget Uknow Yunho, Choikang Changmin, Youngwoong Jaejoong,Micky Yoochun and Xiah Junsu!? I knew...it couldn’t last forever..but I don’t think Ive ever been this uncertain about my future. I have a college degree but..this is all I know. The only world Ive ever seen. What if I cant make it without Dong Bang Shin Ki? What if..I die in poverty and all that’s left of me is a small paper clipping announcing my deaphf!” Yunho was interrupted by Jieun pressing her lips against his. She his lips and he sighed,giving her entrance. She stood between his parted legs and leaned into him as he dipped his head up to meet her kiss from his seat on the car.

They kissed passionately for a little over 20 minutes. Pausing only to breathe,and that too because it was a necessity.

“What was that for?” Yunho grinned goofily as she pulled away.

“The world will never forget Dong Bang Shin Ki. Yunho…you worry so much about everything and you really don’t need to. The five of you are legends. You have the largest fanbase in the entire world! Don’t you see it? Everytime youre on stage and thousands of lights are flashing,illuminating a deep,beautiful red ocean of love. Those people who stood by you when you debuted with your snaggle tooth and baby face still stand by you today with your chiseled features and charming smile and will continue to stand with you when youre wrinkly and can barely perform a shuffle. I assure you,even if your dentures fall off…Cassiopeia will still melt into a puddle of goo.” Jieun kissed his cheek. “My lovely Yunho…no one can forget you because you’ve touched the hearts and souls of thousands of people. Don’t doubt yourself or your ability. Everything will be okay…have a little faith.”

Yunho encircled his arms around her waist and pulled her to him. “Thank you Jieun. I think choosing to date you was one of the best decisions of my life. But…”Yunho brushed the hair out of her face. “You look..sickly…is something wrong?”

“No…nothing’s wrong.” Jieun shook her head frantically.

‘You can be honest with me too you know…”Yunho said gently.

“I am..”Jieun lied. “Its nothing really…I love you.”

“I love you too..”

Yunho backed up the front of the car,his back to the windshield as Jieun climbed between his legs,head placed on his chest. They lay together,gazing up at the stars,talking about everything. Knowing,that after going around in circles all these years,the two of them were finally where they needed to be.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alright so beside the atrocities they wore at the bangkok kpop festival..did anyone else notice Yunho being a cocky little when Nickhun was speaking in Thai and 2PM introduced themselves? He was making these faces and smirking and had the audacity to clap well after the others had started clapping. Honey..we will have to work on your people skills. Not good. Im not happy! Go to your corner! You did well Changminnie *pats maknae* ^^