Invisible..

What About Me?

“There there now…”Jaejoong patted her head as she pulled away,wiping away tears ruthlessly on the back of her sleeve. “Better?” Jaejoong smiled as he held her hand and led her to the lounge. “Sit…I’ll get us some food.”

Jieun dried her eyes on the handkerchief as Jaejoong returned and placed a pizza infront of her.

“Yeah…so I wanted to cook an extravagant dinner for you and all…but I was busy with a schedule so I couldn’t get anything done. I hope you like pepperoni.” Jaejoong poured a glass of soju. “Drink away the pain.”

Jieun gladly gulped down the liquid,ignoring the burning in as she let the alcohol settle in her bones.

“So..not to pry or anything…but what was this about? Want me to kill him?” Jaejoong asked,taking a bite from a large slice.

Jieun wasnt eating but staring at a spot on the table,lost in thought.

“Jieunnie?”

“Why are men like this Jaejoongie…why do they only see the hot girls with their flawless figures and caked makeup. Why don’t they ever look at normal girls…sure..we arent models but..dont we deserve to have someone care about us? Just because…just because Im ugly..nobody will love me? How is that fair? Im a good girl…Ive always been a good girl…but that hasn’t done me much good. Im all alone and the mean,y,ty girls have men wrapped around their fingers..”

“Okay…first…youre not ugly. No one is. Everyone has their own beauty and if youre going to continue being so critical of yourself..you really wont get anything in life. I understand that youre hurt right now…some idiot probably rejected your feelings or didn’t acknowledge them and you know what? TO HELL WITH HIM!” Jaejoong’s brows furrowed. “There are so many other guys out there…you will have to get over him eventhough I know its hard…but at the end of the day Jieun…”He reached out and caressed her cheek. “Its about you…its your life and you decide who is in it..and who isnt. Who deserves your love and who needs to be shown their place. No once can walk over you unless you let them. I came up to talk to you that day because out of all the girls on that campus…you were the only one who caught my attention. Now if you were ‘ugly’ as you call yourself…would I have really had the urge to immediately ask you out? Yes…youre not one of the ‘hot’ girls…and you don’t need to be. Youre different…in the most perfect way.” Jaejoong kissed her forehead. “And if that cant see how beautiful you are…he’s clearly blind and suffering from denial. In this moment,I..Kim Jaejoong..am telling you that you and every other girl who suffers from this kind of predicament..Im telling you…that youre beautiful..and I would date girls like you in a heart beat. Why? Because I don’t need some y girl in a short skirt humping my leg…I need someone who I can have a real conversation with…a real relationship with..and I can only have that with someone who isnt too busy being anorexic and staring at herself in the mirror with no s and a bony .”

A slow smile made its way onto Jiuen’s lips as she hugged Jaejoong. “Thankyou…”she whispered,eyes b with tears. She sniffed and wiped her tears as Jaejoong threw an arm around her and they sat there,cuddling and watching Prom. Half an hour into the movie,Jieun felt something hit her head,she looked up to find Jaejoong snoozing,lips parted slightly as his light snoring filled the room. He had obviously been exhausted but he had chosen to be there for her over sleep. Why arent there many men like you Jaejoong?

At that moment,Jaejoong scrunched up his face and stretched his lips before settling back into a peaceful expression.

Ah…that’s why. Because if other men were like Jaejoong,they just wouldn’t be able to measure up to the original. Jieun carefully slid out from under his arm and laid him down properly on the couch. She tiptoed into his room to get a blanket and tucked him in. Pressing a kiss to his forehead,she smiled at the oblivious beauty who had given her strength,grabbed her things and quietly exited the apartment.

*

Jieun applied masacara and her favourite pink gloss and smiled at her reflection. I am beautiful! She slipped into silver heels and adjusted her black dress that complimented her figure. Who knew..it was all about a change in viewpoint to realize that she wasn’t all that bad. All it took was a pep talk from the most beautiful man in Asia to restore her faith in boykind.

“Wow…you look y!” Naomi commented as she looked her up and down. “If this doesn’t has Yunho head over heels in love then I don’t know what will!”

Jieun smiled. “I didn’t dress up for Yunho…”She turned back to her reflection. “I dressed up for me.”

Naomi rested her head against her bestfriend’s shoulder as she watched them in the mirror together. “That’s good…”

They made their way down to the parking lot where Yunho and Changmin were waiting in Yunho’s Audi. They slid into the back seat and Changmin turned in his seat.

“If I wasn’t dating Naomi,I’d totally be taking you home with me tonight.”

“Nice pick up line Min..did your Grandfather lend it to you?” Jieun stuck her tongue out at the maknae.

“Aigoo…why so blunt with your words?” Changmin placed a hand over his heart and sighed before winking at her.

“MUSIC PLEASE!” Naomi squealed. Yunho laughed and fiddled with the radio. Jieun looked out the window,not missing the spark in Yunho’s eyes at Naomi addressing him. Need to get over him. Need to move on. The music started playing and the trio got immersed in coversation while Jieun followed the lyrics in her head.

She can’t see the way your eyes
Light up when you smile…

Jieun’s eyes drifted to Yunho as he maneuvered through the traffic. He looked so distant..even though she was hardly a pat away from him. Their world were so different. As if in slow motion,she watched Yunho chat with Naomi,meeting her eyes every now and then in the rear view mirror. They were talking about some new club downtown. As they slipped out the car,Naomi rushed past Yunho to cling onto Changmin’s arm. Jieun watched Yunho’s eyes as they trailed after her friend. Im here too…can you see me?

She’ll never notice how you stop and stare whenever she walks by
And you can’t see me wantin' you the way you want her
But you are everything to me

They walked into the 5 star restaurant and the girls sat across from the boys. Eventhough Jieun kept a bright smile on her face,laughed at every joke,teased and played with Changmin…all she really wanted was for Yunho to maybe ask her something about herself for a change.

“No..no..now I want to know! Jieun-ssi…whats Naomi’s favourite color?” Yunho laughed as Naomi tried to cover Jieun’s mouth. Jieun had missed the topic of conversation entirely and blinked blankly.

“Pink.” She said softly and took a sip from her drink.

“Jieun likes purple..ugh there was a time she loved black..she used to be such a tomboy and look at her now.” Naomi smiled at her but Jiuen saw the tightness behind her smile.

“I would...but Im too busy looking at you.” Yunho smirked and Naomi looked pleased with herself. Jieun pursed her lips at the sting in her chest and took out her cellphone. Anything to avoid the awkwardness that was her at the moment. Yes,I know you don’t even like looking at me.

I just wanna show you
She don’t even know you
She's never gonna love you like I want to
And you just see right through me
If you only knew me
We could be a beautiful
Miracle,
Unbelievable
Instead of just invisible.

Her phone buzzed as she glanced at Yunho. Frowning she checked the text.

“Read this somewhere on Twitter…reminded me of you: I hope you see people for their personality, not from what they look like. Personality can be more beautiful sometime-JJ”

At that moment,Jieun’s smile brought new light into the room as she looked up from the screen and directly at Yunho who was taking  sip from his drink. Their eyes met and for once Yunho didn’t look away. He seemed to be pondering over something.

There’s a fire inside of you
That can’t help but shine through

Naomi’s blabbing seemed to fade away as the world around them melted and it was just them. The only sounds seemed to be that of their heartbeats. Jieun’s was out of control while his was more calm and steady.

She’s never gonna see the light no matter what you do
And all I think about is how to make you think of me
And everything that we could be…

Im beautiful too Yunho…if you can just look and actually see..instead of being controlled by someone who wont ever value you the way you deserve to be valued. She blinked and the moment was over. They looked away at the same time. She texted Jaejoong back with a thankyou and love you.

As the night continued,Naomi decided she wanted to go for a walk in the garden located across the street from the restaurant. She grabbed Changmin and they walk ten feet away from Yunho and Jieun. It was slightly chilly and Jieun noted with a sad smile that this wasn’t one of those moments from a movie where the guy gives the girl his jacket to wear. This was real life and the girl just needed to it up.

“So..you and Changmin are going to Japan I hear?” Jieun tried to make conversation. He didn’t like her,she knew that…but that didn’t mean she should give him reason to completely cut her off.

Like shadows in a faded light
Oh, we’re invisible
I just wanna open your eyes
And make you realize

“Oh…yeah..yeah…Japan..we’ll be there for like a week I guess. Promoting Still…”

“I like that song..its very touching.” Jieun smiled up at him.

“Ah..thank you..you like our music?” This seemed to surprise him.

“Yes…why wouldn’t I?”

“No reason…I just assumed you were more into Western music..”Yunho rubbed the back of his head.

“You shouldn’t just assume things Yunho-ssi…you can be wrong.” Jieun said thoughtfully.

“Thanks for the advice on the gift..”He changed the topic.

“..Oh…no..it was nothing..which one did you get?” Jieun tried to look as if she really wanted to know but truthfully,she wanted to grab him by those broad shoulders and shake him till he saw sense.

“Yunho!” Naomi called out to him. “Check this out!”

“Huh? What?” Yunho called back and jogged up to the couple. Jieun watched sadly from the distance as Naomi showed Yunho something and he laughed and threw an arm around her shoulders,grinning at Changmin. She looked down at her dress,how much effort she had put into looking good today. She had done it for herself…but a little traitor part in her heart did it so that Yunho would say she looked nice. The world wasn’t fair,especially to girls like her. She heaved a deep sigh and cast one last longing look at Yunho before realizing it was worthless and deciding to go home.

I just wanna show you
She don’t even know you
Baby, let me love you
Let me want you
You just see right through me
But if you only knew me
We could be a beautiful
Miracle,
Unbelievable
Instead of just invisible

She reached the exit to the garden and was about to step out to look for a cab when strong fingers wrapped themselves around here fore-arm. She turned in surprise to find Yunho staring down at her. There was something in his eyes but she couldn’t decide what it was. He fished for something in the pocket of his pants and held it at eye-length.

Jieun’s eyes widened as she looked from the small parcel to Yunho. There was silence except for the rustling of the trees and the slight blowing of the wind as her dress fluttered around her and hair whipped gently across her face. Was this really happening?

She can’t see the way your eyes light up when you smile…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Forgive me if the chapter was crappy ^^. My exams got over today and now Im just chillin' feel like Im healin'. See what I did there? :p As for the blog..I'll post it tomorrow :D. A much needed time off ...so happy ^^. Gonna party like its 2006 and its the Year Of DBSK! ..That didnt come out as cool as it sounded in my head @_@.

Oh OH OHHH! LOL IM GOING TO CORRUPT YOU ALL!!!!!! When I saw this...I turned redder than a tomato and giggled like a y teenage boy. :D

Not that I approve of my Boo showing off his *cough* asset *cough*...but DANG MAN! BUT SOME BAGGY SHORTS ON NOW! Aigoo...