Someone To Talk To

What About Me?

Jieun sat on the floor,back against the couch as she watched Letters to Juliet. A can of pepsi in her hand and eyes watery. She was a er for love,even if she wasn’t lucky in it. How was it…that the princess always seemed to get a happy ending? It was so perfect wasn’t it? Being in a fairytale. The certainty that you will get a happy ending. But for Jieun,with each passing day,she grew more uncertain about her future.

Ever since she was a little girl,she had always dreamed about finding the right guy and being a good wife to him. She had watched the love of her parents in awe. This must be love,she had thought,when you care so much for someone,youre willing to put your ego on the line for them. When you apologize after a fight even if it wasn’t your fault because the other person just means that much to you. Jieun bit her lip  as thoughts of an almost forgotton love returned. His hazel eyes sparkling and jet black hair all shiny.

Jieun-ah…promise to never leave?

I love you…a lot.

Youre as lovely as the moon to me Jieun.

A smile..which then faded.

We need to breakup. I cant be like this with you anymore. Lets just go our own ways. I wont speak to you and you wont to me. This is the end.

One month later he was dating someone Jieun had considered as her family. The friend cast her aside for the love of the man who had meant the world to her! There were so many times when she had wondered the real reason for the breakup. Had she stopped being attractive to him? Maybe he wanted a change and felt she couldn’t fit into his expectation of a girlfriend any longer. Maybe they just grew up things changed. She flipped the channel to find TVXQ’s Leau De Missha CM. She pursed her lips as she watched Yunho,unable to believe this man had been sitting infront of her today. A few tears slipped down her cheek as she realized there was no way in hell that Yunho would ever be interested in her. He liked slender girls…and she was far from that. So far from the perfection that he deserved. Jieun dragged herself to bed and crawled under the covers,eyes fixed on the empty bed next to her. Naomi was with Changmin. She wondered how much longer she had to go to sleep like this. Cold and alone. No one to hold her in his arms and whisper sweet words into her ear.

Jieun wasn’t someone who believed in making wishes,heck she had a hard time believing God actually listened to her prayers. But at that moment,as an overwhelming sense of loneliness took over ,she squeezed her eyes shut and whispered:

Please? Just this once.

*

Jieun was half-dead during advanced calculus as the teacher babbled on about numbers she didn’t care about. Naomi was in a different university studying foreign affairs. Because they had been short of cash,the two had decided to live together. This had been 3 years ago and now they were doing well. They didn’t need jobs because their parents paid for them but they sometimes worked part time at their father’s companies.

Classes ended for the day and Jieun made her way to the ground to read up on some work. She looked around,couples everywhere. Typical. It was spring after all,a time of love. This was actually one of the difficult parts of being her. Sitting alone and watching other have reasons to laugh,to smile,to feel whole. She wondered what the boyfriends saw in their girls. Was it looks? Their fashion sense? Where did she lack besides  the weight department that made her so unappealing? She turned her attention to the empty paper infront of her and started to write.

The whispers were nothing new. What a loser. Why is she so fat? No wonder she doesn’t have a boyfriend. Who would date her? Jieun blew a strand of hair out of her face. They werent exactly wrong. Who would date her?

“Umm…hi. Could you direct me to the IT department?” A voice came from above her and she looked up into the face of the most beautiful in Asia. Big doe-eyes glinted down at her,pouty pink lips curved in a sheepish smile and blonde…super blonde hair framing a strong jaw.

Kim Jaejoong. She thought she was going to go blind from the burst of aura emanating from Asia’s Star.

“Umm…down there and turn left.” She managed to mumble.

“Oh…errr…Im..kinda slow with directions. Could you take me there?” Jaejoong turned pink.

“Umm…okay..sure.” Jieun collected her stuff and led the way to the IT department.

“Im doing a course in communication. I was doing a course online and I was asked to take a follow-up course here aswell. Just a few classes.” Jaejoong grinned as he strolled next to her.

“Oh..thats interesting.” Jieun managed to smile. She was aware of all the stares and the high-pitched screams. “Umm…Jaejoong-ssi..I think you should just go on from here. You cant miss it. Its right down the hall.”

“Why?”

“Because…yours fangirls will make my life hell if Im anywhere near you.” Jieun pointed out the obvious,envious saesaengs.

“Oh…alright. Im sorry.” Jaejoong rubbed the back of his head. Jieun bowed and her feet. “Excuse me?”

“Yes?”

“I didn’t get your name.”

“Jieun.”

“Ah…can I see you again Jieun?”

“Why?” Jieun blurted out. No way would Jaejoong want to see her again.

“Youre..kinda nice and not fawning over me.” Jaejoong shrugged before fixing his deep,intense eyes on her. “And sometimes..its good to have someone to talk to. Makes me feel like Im normal.”

“With that hair? Nice try.” Jieun giggled. She giggled. Holy crap.

“Ah…well..experiments you know?” Jaejoong let out his charismatic and uber adorable laugh.

“You need to get to class Jaejoong-ssi…you’ll be late.” Jieun bowed. “I’ll see you again.”

“Promise not to forget?” Jaejoong called out after her. Jieun laughed and continued on her way.

Not exactly what I wished for but okay. Maybe she really did need someone to talk to. Maybe that someone was Kim Jaejoong? Highly unrealistic…but it was happening.

*

“Jieun…I know you…probably don’t want this but…”Naomi poked her head into the room where Jieun was studying.

“Whats wrong?” Jieun looked up from her sociology notes.

“..Changmin has tickets to this carnival. Its near the port so you can look over at the sea while you enjoy.” Naomi said uneasily.

“Sounds nice.” Jieun shrugged.

“..I want you to come.”

“No thanks.”

“Please? Yunho will be there too…”Naomi begged.

Exactly why Ive been avoiding every gathering of yours for the past week, Jieun thought bitterly. These crazy plans of hers and Changmin’s came up really often.  For a week,Jieun had rejected offers for lunch,breakfast,hi-tea’s,dinners and parties. She knew Yunho was going to be there which meant an hour or two of feeling absolutely miserable as the man she cared for looked right through her.

“Ever thought maybe I don’t want to see Yunho?” Jieun asked.

“Nope. I know you love him. Changmin-“

“What does Changmin know!?” Jieun jumped to her feet,eyes flashing with anger. “Did you tell him?”

“I didn’t tell him anything! He figured it out. He’s not stupid you know. Your reaction to Yunho at the ice-cream parlour confirmed his theory.” Naomi said. “Please? I..you know what…I don’t even care if you don’t want to come with me and Changmin…its just…I don’t get to hang out with you anymore.”

“Because youre too busy thinking about what dress to wear to Changmin fest.” Jieun looked away.

“I’ll cancel the carnival thing…we’ll go shopping. I..want to spend time with my bestfriend..”Naomi said meekily. Jieun sighed. She knew Naomi really liked Changmin and the two didn’t have much time to date because of his pathetic schedules. This week marked the last of his time off after which he’d be immersed in a hectic schedule.

“..No…its okay. I don’t need to buy anything. Lets go to to carnival. I don’t mind seeing Yunho again.” Jieun forced a smile on her face. She cared for her friend eventhough she knew it was going to blow up in her face and hurt her.

“Really!? THANKS! I LOVE YOU!” Naomi hugged her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*cries on Yunho's shoulder* so much...love. *Yunho: Umm..there there darling...* I cant believe this story as received such an amazing response. I really didnt expect to make 100+ subscribers in just one chapter. Im simply overwhelmed. Thankyou so very much everyone. I apologize for the earlier typo of "Chanhee". When I had written the chapter I had made up a random name and forgot to edit it all out ^^'

Oh..just by the way...in the first chapter..Jieun sees Yunho at the club. The inspiration for that part was this

Yun Boo looks nice and all but..damn...what a y show off. I would have totally rolled my eyes at him and said something like "Whats with the douche?". Been there..done that. xD. And guys check out TVXQ' s Leau De Missha CM. DAMNN CHANGMINNIEE made me scream alot more than Yunho.

Ugh..Joongie is so barbiedoll blonde..its hurting my eyes x.x