Carnival,Cabs and Catty Remarks

What About Me?

“Naomi!” Changmin called out to them from the gate leading into the carnival. Naomi’s smile widened as she strutted in her red high heels towards him. Jieun managed to glance at Yunho. He was looking…breathtaking. He was dressed in shorts that revealed slender and slightly brusied legs,a navy blue Lacoste pullover with the collars of a white shirt neatly pressed , sticking out through the V-neck of the pullover. He was wearing white sneakers and held a bottle of pepsi in his hands. Well..atleast they had one thing in common,a love for Pepsi.

“Hey you~” Changmin gave Naomi a kiss and then winked at Jieun. “How you liking the outside world?”

“Its fascinating…”Jieun said sarcastically.

“Thought you’d like it.” Changmin grinned. “Shall we go in?”

Naomi linked her arm with Changmin’s and they walked inside together.

“I have your ticket Jieun-ssi.” Yunho smiled at her,a red piece of paper in his hand.

“Oh..thank you.” Jieun bowed uncomfortably. She didn’t like the way his eyes lingered slightly on her clothes. She was wearing navy blue skinny jeans that didn’t do much for her figure and black high heels similar to Naomi’s. Her top was plain black and her short hair was curled slightly at the ends. She didn’t want him to have an excuse to not even glance at her. They followed the couple inside.

“Oh…oppa! I want pictures!” Naomi squealed as she shoved Changmin inside a picture booth. “You two! Get in here! Hurry!” Jieun found herself squished in the tiny booth next to Naomi. Changmin and Yunho stood behind them and as they smiled for the camera,Jieun could practically feel Yunho breath down her neck. It sent chills up her spine and goosebumps erupted on  her skin. They laughed at the funny pictures. “I got 4 copies made. One for each of us!” Naomi handed the pictures out. “O em gee! Jieun! CLOTHES!!” Jieun was dragged into a stall that was selling all kinds of colorful clothing ranging from neon blue skinnys to flamingo dresses.

Naomi went first behind the curtains and the other three sat and waited. After a few minutes,she stepped out in an aqua marine short dress that flared around the waist and barely cover half her thighs.

“Like it?” Naomi posed ually.

“Do I ever!” Changmin laughed.

“You look y. You should buy it.”Yunho nodded.

“I should…what do you think Jieun?” Naomi asked her friend. Eyes questioning.

“Huh? Oh yeah…its..well its too short..maybe you should go for something longer? That sun-dress over there?” Jieun pointed out.

“I think its fine. She has the body for it.” Yunho said matter-of factly.

Pain. It stabbed her right in the chest as she watched Naomi give Yunho a grateful smile. Yes,Naomi could probably pull it off.

“Jieun?” Naomi whispered in her ear. “I wont buy it if you don’t like it.”

“No way! You should! Yunho-ssi’s right…it looks hot.” Jieun’s smile was fake. Naomi tittered and went off to pay for it. Her eyes caught on a deep grey dress with truffled sleeves. A silver brooch was fastened to the top left corner. Jieun studied the fabric and checked the price. Not something she couldn’t buy…but definitly something she couldn’t wear.

“Wanna get that?” Changmin stood next to her. “Its pretty.”

“No..I don’t have ‘ the body’ for it.” Jieun said hotly.

“Umm..”Changmin rubbed his head. “I think you’d look nice-“

“Save it Changmin…I appreciate you trying to involve me in everything…but its not working out.” Jieun said softly,eyes drifting to the counter where Yunho was chatting with Naomi. And it never will work out.

“..Jieun-“

“Guys hurry up! Oppa I want ice cream!” Naomi latched herself onto his arm again.

As Naomi and Changmin strolled on the pier,arm and arm and giggling like first loves,Yunho and Jieun followed silently. Yunho was busy checking his phone and Jieun wanted the earth to open up and swallow her.

“Oh…its so PURPLE!” Jieun squealed just as she did when she ever saw something purple. She stopped at a jewellery stall and studied a beautiful purple bracelet of beads and silver hangings. “How much is this for?”

“2000won” The man smiled.

“1500.” Jieun tried to bargain.

“Fixed price.”

“Oh come ON!” Jieun searched in her wallet for an extra 500 won. She looked up to find the bracelet hanging infront of her face.

“Here you go.”Yunho smiled softly.

“Umm…me?” Jieun wondered what the hell just happened.

“You liked it didn’t you?” Yunho studied her face.

“I..I did but…”

“So here you go…” Yunho handed it to her. Jieun chewed on her lip as they continued to stroll in the cool night air. She stared down at the bracelet. Yunho had bought it for her! For her! No one…not even her boyfriend had ever bought her a present. He didn’t so much as get her a flower. She glanced up at Yunho. He really was so handsome. Even in real life. So…prince like. But,she wasn’t his princess.  Fat girls are never princesses. Theyre the evil stepsister or the cruel old witch and sometimes the fairy god mother or a friendly teapot. But never the princess.

“Naomi…can I have 500won?” Jieun pulled her friend away from Changmin.

‘Umm sure..whats up?” Naomi handed her the money.

“Nothing..you continue.” Jieun trotted back to Yunho who had finished giving Naomi a hug. “Yunho-ssi…here.” Jieun combined her 1500 won with the 500 and held it out for him.

“Whats this?” Yunho asked, a bit taken aback.

“For the bracelet.” Jieun said,determined. She didn’t want him to buy anything for her,especially if he didn’t exactly want to. Unless he had feelings for her,it felt wrong taking something from him.

“Its…really nothing Jieun-ssi.” Yunho muttered.

“No..please take it.” Jieun urged.

Yunho took the money and shoved it in his pocket. Jieun bowed without another word and turned towards Changmin,giving him a high-five.

“Naomi and I are gonna go to my place.Yunho-hyung can drop you if you like otherwise we’ll pull over at your place for a bit.” Changmin said cautiously.

“But what about the saesangs..”Naomi blurted stupidly.

“They arent a problem really…we know which routes to take.” Changmin patted her head.

“No…Naomi is right. I don’t want to be a burden…I’ll just take the cab.” Jieun said.

“Its kinda late Jieun…”Naomi frowned.

“Oh its nothing. Ive done this before…the cab drivers are practically family.” Jieun laughed. She bowed one last time before going off to find a cab. Yes,she had done this before. Before when Naomi would ditch her to go out with Taec or go to some random guys place after a party. There wasn’t anyone who offered to drop her home,everyone just assumed she’d be able to get home on her own. Everytime she was with Naomi,Jieun couldn’t help but feel like the third wheel. The one guys nodded at and then ignored for the rest of the night. She never failed to miss the discomfort on their faces everytime Naomi asked them to drop her home on the way back to his place. She would always laugh it off and go to grab a cab and cry on her way home. She could buy her own car,but her parents wanted her to live like a ‘normal person’ and not depend on luxuries. She respected that and lived simply.

Jieun always listened quietly while Naomi boasted about how the cute guy held her hand on the gear on the way back. She gazed down at her own slightly chubby hands  and sighed. Why would Yunho want to hold these? She rememberd him saying in an interview that he liked pretty hands. She bit back fresh tears as she entered the apartment. Another night,all alone. Without bothering to wash her makeup or change,Jieun collapsed on the bed. Her phone buzzed.

Unknown: I will see you tomorrow. You promised not to forget.

Who is this?

...Your Secret Admirer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

First,I wanted to murder HoneyMochaa today..she pranked me really bad! XD I almost cried xDD. It was about Yunho having a girlfriend...AIGOO..Ive NEVER been trolled before but this was just...aish!

And just to clarify...yes they are all celebrities. :3