You Caught My Heart ♥

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun? Ohhh, so sorry for not updating too often lately, like the way I did a year ago. I realized it's been a year that I had written fanfictions here in AFF.... Sorry to say, I finally had my share of a writer's block... I hope my imagination will come back to life.

Anyway, I will be writing again! ^_^ This is a YongShin request by pheihyun.

****

The chief of police, Officer Nam, shook hands with the newly awarded police officer, Park Shin Hye, and her fellow police cheered up on her as well. She just received a medal of valor for saving a child and a pregnant woman during one rush hour two weeks ago, and the higher officials decided to award her with the medal. There were also other achievements that Shin Hye had done in the past. Though the only female among her peers, her courage was as masculine as theirs.

"For the medal, gamsahamnida," Shin Hye told her superior.

"You deserve it, Officer Park," Officer Nam said to her, but he was not able to continue talking because Shin Hye took off the medal off her neck. "M...mwo hamnikka (What are you doing)?

"Returning for duty," Shin Hye said before walking away.

The other guys looked at her and shook their heads, both in disbelief and in admiration.

"Wha... she's one tough cookie!" Officer Kang Min Hyuk said to the chief. "She doesn't care who she's talking to!"

"Aish, her guts," the superior said. "Sometimes it makes me think I am walking on eggshells when I'm dealing with her."

*****

"Yeah, bring it on!" Lee Jong Hyun challenged Jung Yong Hwa over his bluetooth headset.

"Your sports car is super slow, Jong Hyun-ah," Yong Hwa cajoled him. "Ha!"

"Geurae?" Jong Hyun replied. "Let's get it on!"

The two guys driving the red and black sports cars, Jong Hyun and Yong Hwa respectively, cruised through the wide highways while increasing speed and chasing each other. They careened their vehicles like they owned the road, and they never cared if the other drivers honked at them angrily.

"Whohooo!" Yong Hwa swooned.

As Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun reached the intersection, a police patrol car blocked the black car, and Yong Hwa had to stop abruptly. He did not want his baby to get dented, you know. He cursed, annoyed that Jong Hyun was able to get away with it, and he hit the steering wheel when the police came down the vehicle. The police had a very funny mustache like the silly chef in "The Little Mermaid."

"You are violating speed limits," the police said, "And beating the red light."

"Jjajeungna," Yong Hwa cursed under his breath, so annoyed.

As the police was about to give write on a ticket, Yong Hwa reached for his wallet and bribed the police with money equivalent to the latter's monthly wage.

"A...ajusshi!" the police exclaimed.

"Ya, you don't know me?" Yong Hwa asked the police. "I am Jung Yong Hwa, son of the president of the Jung Corporation."

The police swallowed hard, for the said company owned a restaurant where his wife worked as cashier. He could not afford his wife to get demoted or to get fired just because he cited the son of a chaebol.

Yong Hwa smirked at the police. He could get anything he want with his money. His abeonim, the owner of the corporation, was a no-nonsense man who got disheartened at the ways of his son. His eomma, one of the members of the Board in Hongik University, had to hire several matchmakers to make Yong Hwa settle down instead of killing time like a stag. Yong Hwa knew his parents' influences, but he knew he can always get away with it with his money and wit.

"Should you be thanking me for saving you, Ajusshi?" Yong Hwa asked the officer.

"Ah...geuge... I will forget that you violated the traffic rules... Gamsahamnida," the traffic enforcer said.

Yong Hwa saluted him and drove off fast like he did before, and he chased his sports car buddy.

*****

"Yaaaaaaa, those two...aish!" Officer Lee Jung Shin, another complained as he entered the details of a case brought to the precinct. "Could you please stop fighting and tell me what happened, one by one, and clearly? Arasseoyo?"

A man and a woman were at the precinct because the man was accused of battering his wife, and the wife was accused of constantly gambling the family money. Jung Shin waved his hands angrily like a boxing referee, for the two were out of hand. Shin Hye looked from another table as she filed her report, wondering why there are those useless husbands who kept on battering their wives, and there are wives who thought money can be plucked from trees. Shin Hye got up from her table and went to Jung Shin's table to listen to the case. When she had heard enough, she told the couple.

"Should Ahjusshi batter his wife like he owns her?" Shin Hye asked angrily.

"Ah...geuge..." the man started timidly before erupting. "But it's her fault! She always gambles the money I earn at the construction site!"

"Is that a reason to batter her?" Shin Hye asked.

The wife looked at her husband in triumph. Some police had finally taken her side.

"Ahjumma, do you think money is just pooped by birds?" Shin Hye fearlessly lashed out with that I-don't-care-who-you-are tongue of hers.

"M...mwo?" the wife asked in anger.

"Ahjumma, gambling can only make you poor, you know?" Shin Hye said, while Jung Shin gaped while listening to her.

"Ah...ah..." the woman stammered.

"You need counseling, huh?" Jung Shin finally told them.

"Mwo?" the husband asked before battering his wife in front of the policemen again.

The wife did not want to be outdone, so she kicked her husband, and the police had to hold them tight. Jung Shin shut his eyes in anger as he gritted his teeth, contemplating on what to do best. Shin Hye tapped her buddy's shoulder and told him to just imprison the two for creating scandal in the precinct.

"Mwoyeyo?" the wife asked when she heard what Shin Hye said. "Maldo andwaeyo....Jebal, jebal....Hajimaseyo...."

Shin Hye checked her watch and deemed it was necessary for her to get going because her shift had ended, and she winked at Jung Shin, letting him decide on what to do best.

****

The next day was Shin Hye's turn to do field duty. She liked monitoring the flow of traffic and citing traffic violators than sitting back at the precinct all day, answering phone calls and listening to her boss recounting his exploits in Jeju Island, which had happened some months ago.

"Another day, another day," she sighed as she approached a car which suddenly halted in the middle of the road.

When she approached the driver, she noticed that the driver was not wearing the seat belt, and a strong stench of vodka shot through her nostrils like a bullet.

"Eww, did she just drank muriatic acid?" she asked. Then, to the driver, "Agasshi, please pull over!"

The woman did not follow immediately, so Shin Hye had to knock at the door and instructed the woman to pull over.

"Aigoo... why do people always have to drive while drunk?" she mentally shook her head in exasperation.

The day passed by without special events, that was, until, she reached the last hour of her shift. A black sports car shot by like a bullet, and Shin Hye ran to her motorbike and chased the speeding vehicle.

"You're challenging me, eh?" she asked herself.

What happened was a chase, and the driver finally noticed that a police officer was tailgating. Shin Hye increased acceleration, calculating that if she could not catch the driver, she had to insert through alleys and corner him in the next intersection. She did as planned, and her guess was right, for the driver swerved to the right without giving right of way to incoming traffic. He could have met an accident for beating the red light had he not honked at the green Volkswagen that was approaching. Shin Hye saw her chance and, like a badass rockstar, cut in front of the black car. The driver of the black sports car could not move because the green Volks was at his side, and the police at the front. He could not even drive back because of the traffic at the back.

"Pull over!" Shin Hye ordered over her portable bullhorn that she had in her bike.

She got off her bike, approached the sports car, knocked at the window, and waited. The window finally opened to see a handsome young man looking at her in disdain. She cited the driver for many traffic violations. As she was about to write on the ticket, a thick pile of money bills came her way.

"Mwoshimnikka?" she asked the driver bluntly. "Are you bribing me?"

The man smirked at her and told her he did not want any hard time, so he urged her to take the money.

"Your license, please," she bluntly asked.

The driver rolled his eyeballs as he took the money back, and handed out the license. Shin Hye took it and copied the details.

"Jung Yong Hwa-ssi, please just come to the office and pay your fine," she told him as she handed out the ticket. He could not do anything.

As Shin Hye walked to her bike, Yong Hwa fumed in anger. This was the first time that he was cited for traffic violations, and a woman at that!

"You'll see, you'll see!" he seethed in anger as he watched the tough-looking police officer driving away. "I'll make you pay!"

****

One day, Yong Hwa entered a posh hotel in order to unwind. When he and Jong Hyun would get bored, they would get off their manors and stay in hotel rooms, playing around and bringing girls, or playing pranks online. As he was about to push the up button, his fingers collided against another person's. When he looked to the other person, he was shocked to see it was the police officer who cited him. And, OMG...

...she was wearing a y tank top, short skirt, and y black pumps. Her hair was down, and she wore makeup. She looked sweet in contrast to her tough police officer persona. Yong Hwa felt his cheeks burning, but he could not forgive her wrong.

"You must be on a hot date!" he cajoled her.

"It's none of your business," she told him stiffly. Well, at least, her tough persona act was still there.

"Oh yeah?" he asked.

Finally, the doors of the elevator opened, and out came a lot of passengers. The two of them got inside when the elevator was clear, and both of them hit the same button.

"Ya, are you stalking me?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Conceited," she muttered as she crossed her arms.

Both did not talk while the elevator travelled all the way to the fifteenth floor. Suddenly, some mishap must have happened, for the elevator jerked violently, and Shin Hye and Yong Hwa lost their footing. Shin Hye's pursed dropped to reveal her girly stuff--two feminine pads included, and her ID too. Yong Hwa helped her get her stuff off the floor, but he got her ID first.

"Ohhhhhh...now I know where to find you!" he jeered.

"YA!" she screamed as she grabbed the ID from him.

They forgot that the elevator had some tantrums, but nevertheless, the elevator jerked again and worked. They were playing tag of war with her ID that they didn't realize that they reached the fifteenth floor. The doors opened, and Jong Hyun, who was outside, saw the cat-and-dog act of the two.

"Sooooo, you are late because you have some chicks!" Jong Hyun teased the two.

Shin Hye kicked Yong Hwa's knees and snatched her ID before walking away. Jong Hyun ogled at her legs as she walked away, and Yong Hwa limped out of the elevator.

"That girl cited me for violating traffic rules!" he told his best buddy. "She's gonna pay!"

"Geurae?" Jong Hyun asked. "Eotteohke?"

"I'll make her fall in love with me, and I'll dump her to her face," Yong Hwa shared to his friend.

"Sounds like a plan, but it ain't easy," Jong Hyun replied with a smirk. "If you want to, I will help you."

"Gomapda," Yong Hwa whispered.

****

Jung Shin and Min Hyuk looked at each other, then at the young man who was holding a basket full of pink daisies.

"Uh, jeogiyo," Min Hyuk started. "How may I help you?"

Jung Shin hid his laughter and had wanted to tell the young man that the precinct is not a hospital.

"May I speak with Park Shin Hye-ssi?" the man asked.

The two police officers gaped, looked at each other, then at the visitor. The superior came happily, very accomodating.

"Ohohoh, you are the first suitor of our Shin Hye-ssi," the chief of police said.

Shin Hye got out from the office after being interrogated by another superior, and when she saw Yong Hwa and the bouquet, she eyed him quizzically. Yong Hwa went over to her, and with his airs, presented the bouquet to her.

"Take it!" Jung Shin convinced her.

"Ne, take it!" Min Hyuk cheered.

Shin Hye blushed because this was the first time she had been embarrassed in front of all the guys in the precinct. Yong Hwa raised an eyebrow cockily as he pushed the bouquet to her. But, she was kinda flattered, having a guy finally take notice of her. For all her tomboyish acts, no guy had approached her. So she took the flowers.

"Gamsahamnida," she said before taking the flowers hastily.

The other policemen looked at the female police enter the room in haste.

"Our girl never had a boyfriend ever since," the chief said. "Maybe you could change her heart."

"Ah ne..." Yong Hwa said politely.

But he had a wicked and naughty plan deep inside. Shin Hye, meanwhile, though still irritated at Yong Hwa, smiled when she saw the daisies. They were so beautiful that she could only smile. She also saw a card attached to her bouquet, and saw that Yong Hwa's number was written on it. She saved it as she bit her lips, trying to play it cool and playing hard to get.

****

Finally, Yong Hwa had been sending her flowers, and taking her out on dates after her duty. Everyone could see that the spoiled rich brat was dating a policewoman who was considered self-righteous by many.

"Jong Hyun-ah," Yong Hwa complained. "How come she never even called me once? I called her everyday. I give and give, she always receives!"

"That girl is playing hard to get," Jong Hyun taught him. "She'll not go easy on you, you know. She's tough!"

Yong Hwa frowned at his friend for making fun of him. Just then, his phone rang, and his eomma called from the other line, asking why he declined all the matchmakers that she sent for him.

"I have revenge to do, Eomma," Yong Hwa said to the Hongdae board member.

"Tsk, you are slimy," Jong Hyun laughed.

"Shut up."

 

That night, the rich chaebol finally talked to his son about his disappointment. Sure, Yong Hwa had a good position in the company, but the father did not like the news that his son was dating a policewoman. Not that it was bad for the business. It was bad for their status in society. Yong stormed off to bed in anger, trying to consider how he really felt for Shin Hye.

When his father told him that Shin Hye's not good for him, his heart suddenly started to change. No, his father was not going to dictate. And it occured to Yong Hwa that he had fallen for the policewoman.

****

"Ohhhh," Min Hyuk said in awe as he saw Yong Hwa bringing a single rose.

"May I speak with Shin Hye?" Yong Hwa asked.

"She's at the field," Jung Shin dryly said before typing some reports.

As Yong Hwa bowed to leave, the husband and wife from the earlier part of the story were brought in again, and Jung Shin cringed to see them once again.

Yong Hwa rushed to field to look for her, and he saw her riding her bike as she chased a black car. Yong Hwa drove off to follow them, but she was faster because she was pursuing the offender. Soon enough, he had to stop because she stopped too. He saw her doing her job, and he realized she was being serious when it comes to law enforcement. Indeed, there is no other like her. When she got back to her bike after citing the other driver, Yong Hwa honked at her, and Shin Hye jumped in fright. He stopped the car, got out, and handed her the red rose.

"Aigoo, I almost got a heart attack," she said as she retrieved the flower.

"You don't like it?" he asked playfully.

"You are rude," she said. "I am still at work."

He told her he would be meeting her tomorrow evening in the same hotel where they met again.

****

The two met at the hotel, and Yong Hwa realized that his father's men were checking up on them and giving reports to the businessman. Yong Hwa only smirked and proceeded with the date.

"Let's go upstairs later," he invited her as their steaks came.

Shin Hye's cheeks blushed. There's no way the two of them would be doing it!

"Aish, you are being immodest, eh?" he .

"Aish...nappeun namja (bad guy)," she pouted.

The two of them went on with their dinner date before going up the rooftop, which was overlooking the city. The two of them marveled how Seoul looked beautiful with all the lights illuminating the city at night. Even a glimpse of the beautifully lit Han River was given them.

"Yeppeuda..." she gaped.

He gave her a back hug and kissed her hair. He invited her for a dance, and she gave in. While they were silently twirling, he looked into her eyes and marveled how beautiful she could be outside her police persona.

"Are you mocking me?" she asked.

"Ani~~," he said.

With begging eyes, he knew he had taken his own medicine. He had fallen for her, and he asked her if she would be his yeojachingu. Shin Hye bit her lips and nodded, asking him the same thing. He said he would like to be her namjachingu and prove to everyone that no status in society can pull two hearts away.

"Wow, some kind of an ideal person you are," she .

"I mean it," he whispered.

Shin Hye looked at his eyes the way he did with hers. She closed her eyes as he gently moved in, leaning forward to give her a kiss. Shin Hye, who never had some experience in love, allowed him to teach her how to kiss that night, and she reciprocated him with a gentle kiss, her first kiss, for him.

 

~~~~END~~~~
(Yeoreobun, I will stop accepting requests first... Please keep posted)

 

~~~~