I Hate You, But I Love You

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

YongShin couple and Jong Hyun love triangle, plot by by grace17

 

******

"Halmeoni, I'm home," Shin Hye called out as she got in the gate.

Halmeoni came out of the door and hugged her granddaughter, the daughter of her son.

"How's school?" Halmeoni asked.

"Gwaenchanhayo," Shin Hye replied.

"I will be going to the market today," Halmeoni said.

"I'll go with Halmeoni," Shin Hye said.

The old woman waited for her granddaughter to get dressed. Then, Shin Hye got out of the door, then went out with Grandma dear to the public market.

As the two were seriously talking about their day, most especially about Shin Hye's upcoming graduation, the people were staring at the young lady. She was beautiful but had bad taste in clothing. Her baby tee was that of a thin guy's, and her long skirt, though with cute laces, was not matched with her grungy tee. She wore comfortable flip flops, but to the people, it was so out of place too.

That's Park Shin Hye. Halmeoni's girl with ultra bad taste.

Despite that, the people in their neighborhood loved her because she was cheerful, kind, smart, thoughtful, helpful, and obedient.

****

Shin Hye graduated high school and went to college in their place (Busan), and she and her halmeoni continued living life happily. But she often got bullied in the university for her cheap clothes. She did not mind, however, because she knew that her clothes were clean all the time.

One day, she came home from classes and found her grandma soaking in the bathtub. But upon close inspection, Halmeoni was not moving.

"Halmeoni!!!!" Shin Hye shouted. "Jebal dowa! Jebal dowa!"

She ran out of the house and into the neighborhood.

"Jebal dowa juseyo!!!" she said to the men, asking for help.

The men darted into the house and found Halmeoni without life inside the tub. They took the old woman out and tried to rush her to the hospital. But the doctor said that the old woman died of heart attack.

During the funeral, Shin Hye's parents came to visit the wake of Shin Hye's abeoji's eomeoni. The couple cried, of course, but Shin Hye cried the most. And after the burial, her parents decided that she transfer to any universities in Seoul so that they can take care of her.

Shin Hye finally dropped out of her previous school, and transferred to Seoul National University.

*****

"Shin Hye-ya, I know that all of us are still hurting, but you will get by with it," Eomma said.

"You will be living in Eomma's chingu's house," Appa said while driving the car.

Shin Hye nodded absent-mindedly as she looked out the car. Finally, they reached the house. The three of them got out of the car, and rang the doorbell. An old man came out, and the three of them greeted the old man politely. The old man was really happy to see his friend's family that he accompanied them inside.

The servants of the old man brought in the belongings of the young lady.

"Omo, this is such a large house," Shin Hye thought. "I wonder why Eomma and Appa did not allow me to live with them. Heck, they are my parents, and we have a house here in Seoul! A house which I never saw!"

The old man saw the thoughts in Shin Hye's eyes that he laughed heartily like Santa Claus.

"Shin Hye-ya, you will like it in here," Oeharabeoji said. "You will like my grandson."

(A/N: Harabeoji - title for abeoji's abeoji. Oeharabeoji - title for eomeoni's abeoji... meaning, Grandpa and Grandma have different titles, depending on whose side, Mom's or Dad's.)

Shin Hye looked at the old man.

"Grandson?" she asked.

Oeharabeoji's secretary came in and looked at the young woman.

"Eotteohke saenggakhae (What do you think)?" Oeharabeoji asked the secretary within Shin Hye's hearing distance.

"I think she needs a major makeover," the sercretary said, avoiding saying that Shin Hye has bad taste in outfits.

"Makeover? No, thank you very much," Shin Hye said. "I am proud the way I am."

"You can be proud the way you are, Agasshi, but the people in Seoul are discriminating," the secretary said. "Do I need to point out that you look outdated?"

"Mworaguyo (What did you say)?" Shin Hye asked in defense.

Oeharabeoji chided his secretary a bit, then turned to the young lady. He thought that she really need a makeover. And so, the secretary accompanied Shin Hye to the salon and to major boutiques to buy fashionable dresses, which suited her sweet nature. But Shin Hye did not like cute dresses. She preferred her old look, though she loved her new wavy hair. As the secretary could not make her wear dresses, she bought Shin Hye some cute oversized tee or oversized off-shoulder tee to go along with her tights. Shin Hye had not worn heels all her life, and the secretary had wanted her to wear them, but Shin Hye was fond of brisk walking, and she did not want to stumble. The secretary yielded and bought her flat shoes and sandals. For bags, Shin Hye had no problems with it because she loved fashionable bags. This, she and the secretary had agreed.

****

Oeharabeoji was busy studying his legal files when his son called over the phone. The family would be having a family dinner, and the man invited the newcomers over for some acquaintance. Oeharabeoji thought that it was a good idea, and he smiled to himself. After which, he called his secretary and told her that Shin Hye needed to get back before dinner for some news.

****

And there indeed, Shin Hye and her parents rode on Oeharabeoji's limo to the son's house, where there was an intimate family gathering. The new family followed the old man inside the house, where they were introduced to the host and his family.

The host accompanied his guests to the dining room for dinner. As usual, Shin Hye looked at the grandiose furnishings in the house as she had never seen like these before.

"They must be chaebol," she thought.

She followed a servant so she would know where to sit down. When she sat down, a guy came from behind her and stood by the seat next to her.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" the young man greeted the visitors politely, though coldy, before sitting down.

Shin Hye's bumonim smiled at the young lad, and Oeharabeoji spoke to the young lad.

"Yong Hwa, I reckon you have met Mr. and Mdm. Park already," the old man said.

"Ne, Oeharabeoji," Yong Hwa answered.

"This young lady beside you," Oeharabeoji said, offering his hand to her direction. "Is their daughter."

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Shin Hye greeted Yong Hwa politely.

Yong Hwa only nodded like he was bored.

"She is the granddaughter of the friend that I was talking about," the old man said, and Yong Hwa nodded. "Now, I have a very important announcement to make."

"Announcement?" the host, Oeharabeoji's son, asked. "Does it have something to do with the family business in Europe?"

"Ani," the old man said. "This has something to do with Yong Hwa and Shin Hye."

The two in question got pale, because they might have done something wrong. Shin Hye's bumonim got pale also, and the host, his wife, and his three daughters looked at each other in confusion.

"Shin Hye-ya, your Halmeoni and I had an agreement when we were young," he said. "That when time comes, our grandchildren should get married to each other."

"Mwo????" Yong Hwa ed, forgetting his manners.

"Waeyo?" Shin Hye asked, her skin complexion getting paler by the minute.

The three young ladies and the parents looked at each other in confusion.

"Was there any secrets that you have kept from us, Appa?" the host asked his father.

The old man smiled heartily like Santa Claus. With a sad smile afterwards, he revealed how he and Shin Hye's Halmeoni got to be lovers in their younger years. But then, Halmeoni was betrothed to another man, and it got Oeharabeoji heartbroken. They decided to stay friends, and they made a pact that their grandchildren, not their children, would be set up for fixed marriage someday. That was something that will, at least, seal the two of them together.

"Appa!" the host argued.

"Your Halmeoni, Shin Hye-ya, was my first love, and will always be my first love," the old man said. Then, to his children, "I am sorry that I never loved your Eomeoni that way I loved Lee Jiyeon. That is why I let you marry whoever you want to marry and not because of my chaebol friends."

"But...but why should we get married?" Yong Hwa asked. "You're so unfair!"

"Myboy, that is not so bad," Oeharabeoji smiled. "It is not so bad. Shin Hye is a very good girl."

Yong Hwa shot a hot glare at Shin Hye, then at his cousins when he noticed them talking and giggling. One of the three winked at Yong Hwa and Shin Hye. Shin Hye did not look at Yong Hwa for fear, and she did not notice the three ladies smiling among themselves. They reckoned that the pair looked cute together.

*****

Oeharabeoji, his secretary, Shin Hye and her parents, and Yong Hwa all went home together, riding in the limo. Yong Hwa waited for everyone to settle down before talking to Shin Hye.

He knocked at her door, then when she opened, he crossed his arms.

"Follow me," he said.

Shin Hye obediently followed out of fear. She had never encountered someone as rude as Yong Hwa. In Busan, she was jolly and cheerful because the people were kind. She felt she was not going to make it after the death of her Halmeoni and after being bullied by a housemate.

She followed him to the balcony, where he leaned on the stone pillar.

"Where are you enrolling?" he asked. "I've heard that you are from Busan, and you transferred here."

"Eh... Seoul National University," she replied.

"MWO????" Yong Hwa asked in surprise. "Arghh! Why do you have to enroll there? I go to that school too!"

"Eh? Is it wrong?" she asked calmly.

"Yes, it is!" he exclaimed. "First, you are living here, second, I have to marry you against my will, third, you are going to the same school where I am attending too? That is too much!"

"Do not blame me," Shin Hye said. "Having to marry you is against my will too. I just decided Seoul National University because it has the course that my previous school has."

Yong Hwa approached her and pointed his finger at her.

"My reputation will perish if ever you approach me," he warned her. "I don't like ugly girls, and I hate girls."

That pricked Shin Hye's pride.

"Ya, I am not making myself beautiful just for someone, arasseo?" she shot back at him. "And I do not care why you hate girls. I just come here to study."

"Tsk. Pretender," he hissed as he walked past her.

Shin Hye's mind had gone crazy. She had never seen someone as rude as him.

*****

New day at new school.

Shin Hye was alone in the room because she was new, but since she was cheerful and friendly, she made friends with her classmates easily. Her smile was so contagious that boys would flock to her and flirt with her. But she was naive of advances, but nevertheless, stayed simple and polite and friendly. The girls could not dare hate her even if she had the attention of the boys because Shin Hye was polite and helpful.

She befriended the class smart girl, Kang Sora. Since that day, they became friends.

*****

One day, Shin Hye passed by the music room to go to the office of the dean of their department when she noticed Yong Hwa walking with a bevy of girls behind him.

"Oppa, can we have your autograph?" one flirty girl asked.

"Me too, Oppa?"

Yong Hwa obliged, though he was really annoyed that the girls followed him.

"Oppa, you are so handsome," another said. "Can you take me tonight?"

"Huh?" he asked.

The girls soon fought as to whom Yong Hwa should give his all. Yong Hwa got pissed off because those kind of things was not in his mind, and he hated how y the girls got. He hated that the girls liked him for his looks and his stature, not for his music. Soon, the drummer of the band, Kang Min Hyuk, got out also.

"Min Hyuk-oppa!" the girls crooned.

Min Hyuk was not one to flirt, but he was also popular among the girls because of his cute face. He soon began signing autographs, much to the dismay of Yong Hwa.

"Come on," he whispered as he dragged the drummer inside the room.

"Oppa! Oppa!" some said. "Be y for me!"

"Ya! Oppa is wholesome!" another said.

The bassist of the band, Lee Jung Shin, approached the girls and bowed politely.

"Joesonghamnidaman, the band is gonna practice," he said to the girls before attempting to close the door.

But the girls were unruly, and they tried to barge in. Good thing, Jung Shin had the strength of a bull that he tried to close the door to prevent the annoying girls from coming in.

Meanwhile, Shin Hye got irritated because the girls were blocking her way to the dean's office. She had a very important paper to pass, and she could not get through. So, she said all her excuses just so she could pass by.

****

After the trip to the dean's office, Shin Hye went out and still found the annoying girls trying to barge in.

"Jung Shin-oppa, please bring Yong Hwa-oppa here, right now!" one girl demanded in a saccharine way.

From inside, Min Hyuk was telling the bassist to just open the door. Jung Shin did, and Yong Hwa got out of the door.

"The dean is here!" Shin Hye shouted.

Without a thought, the girls all ran out of the scene for fear of the dean. Shin Hye sighed as she passed by.

"Annoying girls trying to block me from getting to the dean," she said to no one in particular.

"Ya, are you doing that so that you can talk to me?" Yong Hwa asked her.

Shin Hye turned to him and replied.

"I know you are here, but it is you breaking your oath first," she said.

Yong Hwa fumed in anger because Shin Hye had outsmarted him.

"Park Shin Hye?" a voice called out from inside.

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa turned to the source of the voice.

"Lee Jong Hyun!" Shin Hye squealed like a teenaged girl.

Jong Hyun got passed Yong Hwa and hugged Shin Hye tight. Shin Hye wrapped her arms tightly around him.

"Oraenmanine (long time no see)," she said, still hugging him.

"Eotteohke jinaesyeosseo (How have you been)?" he asked happily.

Both of them released each other from the embrace and looked at each other.

"Wow, look at you!" Jong Hyun told her, his smile and his dimples shining like the stars. "You... you are no longer the Shin Hye-halmeoni that everyone knew!"

"I myself am surprised," Shin Hye said.

"Ehem!" Yong Hwa cleared his throat. "You know each other?"

"Ah, ne, Hyung," Jong Hyun said to his classmate. "Shin Hye-ya is my bestfriend since childhood. And we haven't seen each other since high school."

The other two, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin got out of the room with smiles.

"Wow, Hyung," Min Hyuk said to Jong Hyun. "Chukhahae for being reunited to your childhood chum!"

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Jung Shin greeted Shin Hye politely.

Jong Hyun introduced her to the other two.

"You know her too, Hyung?" Min Hyuk asked, turning to Yong Hwa.

Yong Hwa hated to admit it, but the guys just saw him talking to her and being rude to her. He told them that she's the granddaughter of his oeharabeoji's friend, and that she lived in their house. He did not tell them, however, of the fixed marriage.

"Geurae? Oh, that sounds like fun!" Jung Shin said.

"I agree!" Min Hyuk teased Yong Hwa.

"Hyung, do not hurt my best friend, arasseo?" Jong Hyun half-joked.

"Why will he hurt me?" Shin Hye told her BFF. "We are in no way going to be in good terms."

Yong Hwa grumbled because she was being a , much to the amusement of the other three.

"Hyung, I will accompany my BFF to her lecture room," Jong Hyun said.

"Whatever!" Yong Hwa said.

As Jong Hyun accompanied her to her room, the other two looked at the couple, then back at Yong Hwa. Then, the two of them looked at each other solemnly before going back to the music room.

*****

That afternoon, Shin Hye and Jong Hyun hung out and tried to make up for lost times. She knew that her friend was fond of guitar, but she was amazed that he got involved in a band.

"I will be your number one fan," she said to him.

Jong Hyun just smiled, as usual. And while the two of them were having fun, the other two were snooping on them.

"They look good together," Min Hyuk said.

"But I have a feeling Jong Hyun-hyung is gonna be in trouble with Yong Hwa-hyung," Jung Shin said.

"Ya, can you stop saying that?" Min Hyuk chided his friend. "Everytime you predicted something bad, it happens."

"Ya, I am not a prophet, arasseo?"

*****

That evening, Shin Hye came home happy after the ice cream date with Jong Hyun. Yong Hwa did not speak to her for the rest of the day, and she felt a bit at ease with it already. If Yong Hwa was not gonna talk to her, at least, she had Sora in class, and Jong Hyun can just call her up.

That night, while studying, Shin Hye did not realize that her door was left ajar. So, when Jong Hyun called her, Yong Hwa was able to eavesdrop. He listened as Shin Hye seemed to have fun talking to her bestfriend.

Her laughter resounded in his ear like music in the middle of the night. When she smiled, he felt himself being drawn to the girl who did not dress like the pretty girl who chased him.

"Jinjja? Jong Hyun-ah, you better compose that song that you have been wanting to write for the longest time," Shin Hye said. Silence. "Mwo??? Ah, lazy!"

When Yong Hwa heard Shin Hye articulating Jong Hyun's name, he suddenly felt weird, as if he hated his bandmate.

"What's this?" he thought as he clenched his chest.

And he did not like it.

****

For a month, the two of them still did not talk to each other, but to Min Hyuk and Jung Shin, Yong Hwa often scolded Jong Hyun more than he would scold them. Jong Hyun was cool with it and just did all he could, but he had no idea why Yong Hwa was being hard on him. 

Until he finally realized that Yong Hwa was harsh on him after Shin Hye came.

One day, Yong Hwa looked in awe when he caught her running her fingers through her hair in front of the mirror in the foyer. He felt his heart beating fast like it was going to collapse. But Shin Hye was still simply dressed, unlike the other girls who accessorized and wore lots of makeup.

He suddenly realized that he had fallen for his future wife.

****

That afternoon, Shin Hye brought in some snacks to the music room because Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun were clamoring for food. Jung Shin did not want to eat much because he was suffering from sore throat and upset stomach. Yong Hwa was too proud to admit that he was hungry, but the sight of pizza made him want to eat. And he gave in to the demand of his body.

He noticed Shin Hye and Jong Hyun talking like they had the world to themselves, as if no one was around.

"Ya!" Yong Hwa shouted at Jong Hyun. "Can you not see that there is no water here? Get some!"

Jong Hyun looked at his classmate.

"Hyung, there is no need to shout," he said calmly. "I understand it very well."

Shin Hye shot a glare at Yong Hwa.

"You are so rude, do you know? Jong Hyun-ah never did anything to you!" she told him.

Yong Hwa fumed that he stormed out of the room, and Jung Shin followed after him. Min Hyuk looked at the couple and sighed.

"Jung Shin and I do not want to choose sides," he said. "But then, please be kind to us."

"Why do you think Hyung will do that?" Jong Hyun asked Min Hyuk calmly.

Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun just stared at each other and spoke without words. Shin Hye looked at the guys, wondering why they were only staring at each other.

Finally, Jong Hyun smiled.

"Geurae?"

"Ne, Hyung," Min Hyuk said.

Shin Hye did not get it, so she asked Jong Hyun what the two meant. Jong Hyun told her that it is guys' talk, and girls are not meant to understand it.

****

"Hyung, Hyung," Jung Shin called out to Yong Hwa, who went to the balcony.

Yong Hwa turned to the bassist. "Wae?"

"What happened back there? You just... literally walked out," the bassist said.

He looked at Jung Shin thoroughly because the other was looking at him intently.

"You really wanna know?" Yong Hwa asked. "Jong Hyun is flirting with my wife-to-be!"

Jung Shin's eyes widened in shock.

"MWO???? Wife-to-be????"

"You heard it right."

"But Hyung, I thought you hated Shin Hye," the bassist said. "That was what you have been telling us for the past few weeks. You were literally badmouthing her. And how come you were not telling us that you were getting married?"

"Marriage is not something to think about right now! And I hated her because I didn't like her. "

"Didn't like her? Does that mean...?"

"I am jealous of Jong Hyun," Yong Hwa admitted.

A small smirk lit up Jung Shin's face.

"A Hyung, if you allow me, let me keep it a secret," he said to the guitarist. "I am in no position to mess up with your plans, though I had to admit, I am a bit giddy right now."

"Giddy? Seriously?" Yong Hwa mocked him. "Are you a girl?"

"Aniya~~!"

"If you were to choose between me and Jong Hyun, who would you want Shin Hye to end up with?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Hyung, I admit Jong Hyun-hyung and Shin Hye look good together," Jung Shin said. "But the way I see it, they were just being friendly."

"Being friendly?"

"Hyung, Jong Hyun is also that affectionate even to guys, even to Min Hyuk and me," the bassist said. "There is no need for you to get jealous."

"...."

"You like her, Hyung?"

"Aniya! I do not like her!" Yong Hwa denied. "I just.... I just don't want my Oeharabeoji to get disappointed in me."

Jung Shin noticed his friend saying the last sentence in a rather sad tone.

"Disappointed?"

Yong Hwa told him what his grandfather said regarding his old flame. As he's Grandpa's boy, he wanted to do what his grandpa wanted even if it was against his will.

"Against your will? Just doing what your Oeharabeoji said?" Jung Shin mocked him. "Why, Hyung! I think you are in love with her!"

"Aniya~~!" Yong Hwa said. "You are a really nosy guy. I had a feeling you were a girl in your past life."

"Mwo????" the bassist reacted. "Nan namjaya, huh, namja! (I am a guy)"

"You're still a girl to me," Yong Hwa taunted him.

"Tsk!" the bassist reacted.

****

Friday night, Shin Hye came home happy after her arcade date with Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk. The bassist did not come along with them because he was busy with some matters.

It was almost nine when she arrived, and Yong Hwa was standing by the foyer, looking angry. She did not greet him and pretended that he did not exist.

"Ya! Eodi isseosseo (Where have you been)?" he asked.

"Does that even matter?" she asked back.

"Neo! Don't you talk to me like that!" he shouted at her.

"Why are you shouting at me?" she demanded.

"Neo! Malhajima (Don't speak)!" he shouted again.

"Why are you shouting at me like that?" she asked back. "You had been acting like that since Jong Hyun and I reunited."

He looked at her in anger, and she could see that he was blushing.

"You...like me?" she asked him.

It was true, but he was not willing to admit it.

"Aniya! You are my future wife according to Oeharabeoji's wish," Yong Hwa reminded her. "I just do not want you to be flirting with--with--with my bandmate!"

"You want me not to flirt with him, while you go flirting with your fan girls?" she challenged him.

"Who says I am flirting with my fan girls?" he shouted at her.

"Why? Are you not?"

"Who told you? Jung Shin? Min Hyuk? Jong Hyun?"

"Why are you being defensive? The guys are just being nice to me," Shin Hye said. "And you should  not get jealous of Jong Hyun because he is my damn best friend!"

"Yeah, your damn best friend!" he shouted, emphasizing each word. "And because of your damn best friend, I am jealous!"

Shin Hye was taken aback.

"J...jealous?" she asked, her voice broken.

Yong Hwa's features started to soften as advanced to her. Shin Hye saw his face like this for the first time, and her heart started to pump more blood when he looked at her ernestly.

"I.. am jealous of your bestfriend, my bandmate," he said. "I am no longer doing this because of my oeharabeoji, nor because of your halmeoni.... I am doing this because..."

Shin Hye waited for him to say something when Jung Shin emerged from the restroom.

"Ah, Hyung! Can I steal your bubble bath soap?" he asked, then as he saw Shin Hye. "Oh, annyeong!"

The guitarist looked at the bassist in irritation when the latter hugged the young lady and kissed her on the forehead. Yong Hwa eyed the bassist in anger.

"Mianhae, Hyung, but Min Hyuk just called me up and said that he wanted to sing in a noraebang with me and Shin Hye," Jung Shin said slyly.

Yong Hwa was not able to react because the tall goddess stole Shin Hye away.

****

Yong Hwa was brooding at his friend's betrayal when Jong Hyun came in though it was already night. Yong Hwa looked at the other guitarist in anger, but the other just smiled at him.

"I know it's night, Hyung, but I want to have a word with you," Jong Hyun said.

*****

The two of them went to the swing to have a word--and some possible fist fights.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Yong Hwa asked Jong Hyun.

"Doing what?" Jong Hyun asked innocently.

Yong Hwa told him his ill feelings regarding Jong Hyun flirting with his future wife. Like Jung Shin, Jong Hyun got shocked the first time he heard it.

"So, now you know why I am being possessive of her."

"You like her, Hyung?"

It was now or never. Yong Hwa had to admit (even if he denied it earlier) because he had a love rival.

"She's mine," Yong Hwa said. "I love her."

Jong Hyun smiled like he was amused.

"Geurae?"

Yong Hwa did not like the answer of the other guitarist.

"You got jealous because you think I am pursuing my bestfriend, who is your future wife?"

Somehow, it cut Yong Hwa some slack. Jong Hyun smirked because Min Hyuk's perception was right when they talked without words.

"Mwo?"

"I am just being sweet to her because she is my bestfriend. And she knew eversince that I am a sweet guy. You know that too, right? Have you not noticed that I am also sweet to my other friends? You misconstrued my sweetness to her as love?"

Yong Hwa got silent.

"Hyung, I love her, but only as a friend," the milky-white guitarist said. "Never in my mind had it occured to court her. You just gave me an idea. I can court her if I want to, but I have someone else in mind."

"So... you are not in love with her?" Yong Hwa asked him.

Jong Hyun cracked a handsome laugh.

"Aha-ha-ha-ha... Hyung, you are lame! Go chase her!" Jong Hyun prodded him. "If you want, you can do something for her next Friday for the school celebration."

Yong Hwa finally understood his side. He said to the guitarist that he was going to tell the drummer as well.

****

That next morning, Shin Hye awoke to the smell of bacon. When she opened her eyes, she saw Yong Hwa sitting on her bed and smiling at her.

"Eh???? Why are you here?" she asked.

"Breakfast in bed for my Princess," he announced.

Shin Hye scoffed, but when Yong Hwa placed the tray on her lap, she looked at him in confusion.

"But Oeharabeoji does not allow breakfast in bed... right?"

"Trust me on this," he said with a wink.

Shin Hye ate with caution because he was acting strange. After breakfast, he took the tray and took it downstairs.

****

Shin Hye noticed that Yong Hwa had suddenly gone milder with her. He was getting sweeter, and even Jong Hyun was teasing her to him, but she did not know why. Even Min Hyuk and Jung Shin were giggling like girls.

"If ever you get married, I will really jump for joy," Min Hyuk said.

"You know about the marriage?" Shin Hye asked, shocked. She knew Yong Hwa never revealed it.

"Aniya! I just have a feeling that both of you are gonna end up together," Min Hyuk lied, for Yong Hwa told him about it already.

"This Friday is the school anniversary, and we will be performing," Jong Hyun said. "We want you to come."

"Ah, geurae! For my friends, I will come."

*****

That Friday, Sora and Shin Hye eagerly went to the auditorium for the performance.

"Saramdeureun aju manhayo (So many people)!" Sora complained.

Nevertheless, they were able to find a seat at the front. As Sora was the smartest girl in class and in the whole batch, she was able to secure seats for her and Shin Hye.

"Gomawo, Sora-ya," Shin Hye said.

"Cheoman," Sora said. "Urineun chinguya (We're friends)."

When the band came to assemble their instruments, the girls all shrieked. Some of the y girls still shouted out their suggestions to their prince, who did not listen to them.

"Ya, you say Yong Hwa-ssi is getting sweeter to you?" Sora whispered. "Lucky you!"

"Ah, ani..." Shin Hye replied modestly.

*****

After the speeches made by the heads of the department and the school's important people, the intermission number came. The band came up front, and the girls shouted.

Yong Hwa got hold of the mike and began to speak, greeting everyone and congratulating the school for the anniversary.

"I dedicate this song to the girl who was destined to me against my will, and through all the things that had happened to us, I would like to say to her...."

Then he focused his gaze on Shin Hye. He got down the stage, still holding the mike, then he stopped, held her hand, and brought her to stage.

Shin Hye was really terrified because she had never been humiliated in her whole life. Then, Yong Hwa knelt in front of her--to the fans' ire-- and asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

Most of the girls protested, but most of the people cheered on.

"Ne!" Shin Hye said. "Ne, ne, ne!"

Yong Hwa stood up and hugged her in front of the crowd. The other three members winked at each other. Most especially, Jong Hyun was super happy for his best friend. Then, Yong Hwa sat on a stool, and seranaded his princess in front of everybody.

 

When we turn out the lights
The two of us alone together
Something's just not right
But girl you know that I would never ever let another's touch
Come between the two of us
Cause no one else will ever take your place

[Chorus:]
No one else comes close to you
No one makes me feel the way you do
You're so special girl, to me
And you'll always be, eternally
Everytime I hold you near
You always say the words I love to hear
Girl with just a touch, you can do so much

No one else comes close

And when I wake up to
The touch of your head on my shoulder
You're my dream come true
Oh, girl you know I'll always treasure
Every kiss, and every day
I love you girl in every way
And I always will cause in my eyes

[Chorus (2x)]

No one else comes close
No one else comes close

 

Damn I love you

 

*****

Five years later....

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye exchanged their vows of love in a private wedding ceremony attended by their families and closed friends. No one objected to the wedding, and finally, in front of everybody, Yong Hwa gave his first kiss to her, who gave her first kiss to him as well.

And finally, the priest announced them husband and wife.

The seal between Oeharabeoji and Halmeoni had been sealed. 

Even if the two of them did not end up in the end, their grandchildren ended up together.

The arrangement was mutual but forced and hated by each side. But as time went by, the two ended up truly falling in love with each other.

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye made a love story out of that unfortunate event. A love story that had them ending up at the altar.

 

~~~~END~~~~

 

(up next: YongShin and Lee Seung Gi by laz_15)

 

~~~~