Heaven And Earth

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

This story stars YongShin and Hong Ki, and is requested by emotionalangel.

 

********

The concert venue was full of people bringing banners, posters, and blue and yellow glow sticks. Many girls were already shouting the name of their beloved singer.

"Yonfa-kun ga daisuki!!!!" the girls shouted.

The star of the night, solo singer Yong Hwa, was sitting on a chair while holding a guitar. His hair was in a mess, just like the way your hair is blown when a strong gust of wind attacks you. His guyliner looked good on him, so good that he looked better than all the emo out there.

He began to strum his guitar and sang a song for his fans.

****

Shin Hye looked enviously at the girls flashed on the screen. Those girls were so lucky to see Jung Yong Hwa (Jon Yonfa)  in concert. And seriously, those Japanese fans must have seen Yong Hwa walking around carefree in the streets of Shibuya. The Korean-born Japanese star looked like he was Kat-tun's seventh member.

"Awwww...." she crooned. "I really, really like him!"

She turned to her bestfriend, Hong Ki, who was busy eating popcorn.

"Hong Ki-ya, if I have money, I will go to Japan and search for Yong Hwa,"

"Ah, geurae?" Hong Ki asked. "It is impossible for a star to fall in love with a stone."

"Mwo????" Shin Hye asked as she hit him. "Who are you calling a stone?"

"You are a stone," Hong Ki . "Your head is as hard as a stone. And seriously, he would not possibly fall in love with a fan."

"Ah, you are being a killjoy," Shin Hye said. "It would not hurt."

"It would not hurt not to know him," Hong Ki said as he finished the popcorn in the bowl. "Stop all your girly fantasies and daydreams about you and him."

"Ya! You ate all the popcorn????" Shin Hye asked in panic.

"Geurae! Coz you are busy dreaming about Yong Hwa that the popcorn is crying for attention," Hong Ki said.

Shin Hye pouted in aegyo.

"You are a bad chingu. Babo, babo," she said.

Hong Ki handed the bowl to her.

"Make some popcorn! Ppalli! Ppalli, ga!" he ordered her.

"Jjajeungna (Annoying)!" Shin Hye pouted.

*****

Christmas week.

Hong Ki, Shin Hye, and Shin Hye's cousin, Park Min Young went to Singapore for a vacation. Min Young  and Hong Ki were CN Blue fans, and they knew that the band would have a concert. Shin Hye cried her anime tears because she just wanted to have a good time, not to watch a concert.

"Can we go to Sentosa Island?" she asked her eonni. "Jebal? Jebal????"

"Let's just go tomorrow after CN Blue's concert tonight!" Min Young said. "I cannot miss the concert for the world."

"Na do!" Hong Ki said. "Min Hyuk-ssi is a really great drummer! Too bad the band does not have a keyboardist."

"So that you can be CN Blue's keyboardist?" Min Young asked. "CN Blue has Yong Hwa to do the keyboards if he wanted to."

"Yong Hwa?" Shin Hye asked. "Is he the Yong Hwa in Japan?"

Min Young looked at her strangely.

"Is he the ONLY Jung Yong Hwa in the world?" Min Young asked her. "Can you explain how Super Junior and SHINee have a Kim Kibum in each group, and U-Kiss had once a Kim Kibum too?"

"So...that means, my Jung Yong Hwa is not the only one?" Shin Hye asked sadly.

"Geurae! And while we know you are into J-pop, we think it is time for you to idolize our very own talents as well. Where were you?" Hong Ki asked her.

Shin Hye pouted. She liked K-pop, but she was more into J-pop. She loves ALTIMA, Kawada Mami, Kotoko, Nakama Yukie, WaT, Kat-tun, Arashi, Amuro Namie, Kyouharu, and Utada Hikaru. She also loved the Korean-born J-pop artists Younha, BoA (both of who are famous also in K-pop), Lee Jung Hyun (not Lee Shin's sister in "Heartstrings"), Juniel, and her beloved Jung Yong Hwa."I will not see the CN Blue concert," Shin Hye said. "I am not a fan of CN Blue."

"Ah, go ahead," Hong Ki said dryly. "We are not forcing you."

So that afternoon, Hong Ki and Min Young started to file to the venue because a lot of people started to wait in line for the CN Blue concert.

****

"I am alone today," Shin Hye said to herself. "What will I do?"

Min Young was wealthy, so she could afford a nice hotel accomodation. She had reserved a room each for them, and Shin Hye liked the idea. Since she could be by herself for the rest of the day, she could just sleep without Min Young banging the door and demanding her to open it up for her to come in.

"Where will I go?" she asked herself.

She got down the elevator, then went to the lobby. She went near the parking lot so that she can be by herself.

"Ah, when I have nothing to do, this ," she thought as she sat by the pavement.

Suddenly, her phone rang, and she took the call. It was her Korean friend who is currently in Taiwan, working as a cameraman in SET, a TV station.

"Ahaha, ne, ne... arasseo," she laughed.

After the call, she puffed again. She was way too bored out of her league.

"Jeogiyo," someone spoke up.

Shin Hye looked up.

"Ne?"

"Your ringtone," the man said.

"Ah, this?" she said. "I really love this song."

Then, it hit her. The stranger looked so familiar that she stood up and smiled coyly.

"Hokshi, Hangukbun iseyo (Are you Korean, by chance)?" she asked.

"Ne, but I work as a singer in Japan," the stranger said.

"Hokshi, Jung Yong Hwa iseyo (Are you, by any chance, Jung Yong Hwa)?" she asked.

"Ne, and your ringtone is my single of my second album," the stranger said with a smile.

That figures.

"Kyaaa!!!!" Shin Hye squealed as she grabbed some pen and paper from her mini sling bag that she was bringing along. Then, she handed the pen and paper to him. "Yong Hwa-ssi paen indeyo (I am Yong Hwa-ssi's fan). Sain jom juseyo (May I ask for your autograph)?"

Yong Hwa smiled his toothy grin as he took the pen and paper from her, then scribbled his signature.

"I hope you will not mistake me for CN Blue's Jung Yong Hwa," he said.

"Eh?" Shin Hye asked in confusion.

"We both look alike. Only that, he is a rock star in a band, while I am an acoustic singer," Yong Hwa said.

"Joesonghande (I am sorry, but), I am not a fan of CN Blue, and even if I am Korean, I am not familiar with the members. I only know Kang Min Hyuk because my friend Hong Ki idolizes him a lot."

"Geurae? That is odd," Yong Hwa said. "I am a J-pop artist, but I am a K-pop lover. I want to be a singer in Korea, but I like my status in Japan already."

"Ah, and people will be confused with the two Jung Yong Hwas in the music industry," Shin Hye said.

Then, her phone rang again.

"Ah, joesonghamnida," she said.

She took the call, then she lied to her friend that her battery was low. She apologized that she could not take the call. To  be honest, she was rather happy to see Yong Hwa in person and talk to him casually.

"Sigh, I am bored," Shin Hye said.

"Me too," he replied.

"Aren't you gonna watch CN Blue's concert?" she asked him.

"And are you gonna watch it?" Yong Hwa asked. "I know you are not a fan."

"I am not a fan, and I will not watch," she said.

"I know CN Blue, and I am friends with them," Yong Hwa said. "However, I had seen their concerts so many times. I can accompany you if you want."

Shin Hye looked at him in confusion.

"So...you are not here in Singapore to watch CN Blue's concert?"

He shook his head.

"I am closer with Lee Jong Hyun-ssi than with the other members, though I am friends with them," Yong Hwa said. "He knows I am in vacation here, and he knows that if ever I will not watch the concert, he will respect it. And I have a reason not to go."

"Eh?"

"Can I speak to you in banmal?" he asked.

"Uh...ne," she said.

"Gaja,"  he said with a wink.

He grabbed her by the wrist and brought her away.

"I had been here a lot of times, and I know every bit of information around here," he said to her.

"Jinjja? Can you be our tour guide for tomorrow?" Shin Hye asked excitedly.

Yong Hwa shook his head sadly.

"Mianhae, I will be having some modeling appointments tomorrow, and in the afternoon, I am flying back to Japan," he said.

Shin Hye pouted.

"Heaven and earth indeed," she said to him.

"Eh?"

Shin Hye smiled sadly.

"Yong Hwa-ya, I think I should make the most of being here with you this afternoon, even if the two of us are going to stroll around for three hours," she said.

It made him sad.

"It makes me sad hearing you that," he told her. "I have not made friends in a casual encounter ever since I became a star. And I really am thankful that I got to know you."

Shin Hye nodded sadly.

"Why are we talking of sad things?" he asked her.

He grabbed his phone.

"Jeonhwa beonhoga mwoya (What is your phone number)?" he asked her.

"Naega? Ah, ne," she said, then rattled off her number.

Yong Hwa dialed her number, and his song came about as her phone rang.

"We're even," he said with a smirk. "I have your number, you have mine."

Shin Hye smiled coyly. She never thought that the singer that she idolized would come down from his heaven and make friends with her outside his celebrity circle.

"I think I cannot call you," she said. "You might be busy."

"Follow me on Twitter, then," he told her.

"I did," she said, then showed him her Twitter account.

"Ya... so you are that crazy fan who had been giving me weird yet cute tweets?" he asked.

"Weird?" she asked, a bit embarassed.

He smiled with his toothy grin.

"They are cute tweets," he said. "Gomawo."

"Follow me too," she said. "So that I can send you PM through Twitter."

Yong Hwa shook his head.

"You know very well who I followed in Twitter, mostly celebrities... And I only followed 3 people," he said. "You might get into trouble if my fans will see and wonder who Park Shin Hye is."

Shin Hye was touched. Yong Hwa was trying to protect her identity.

For the whole afternoon up to past nine, Shin Hye and Yong Hwa spent time together. In one Chinese stall, he bought a lucky jade bracelet for her and wore it around her wrist.

"I will no longer be just heaven, and you will no longer be just earth. We will be friends," he told her. "I want you to remember me, and I will remember you also."

Shin Hye hugged him and kissed his shoulder.

"Gomawo, Yong Hwa-ya," she said. "I will never forget this day. And from all the fans, I am lucky enough to get to know you personally."

Both of them went to a photo gallery where they had their photos taken. Shin Hye felt all mushy getting to be close to her idol singer. And in one picture, she could not help but blush when Yong Hwa kissed her on her cheeks.

Finally, the pictures were printed, and the two of them divided the pictures.

"I'm sorry for being flashy, but I want to spend so much tonight," Yong Hwa said. "And thanks to you, I get to enjoy."

"Ne... thanks for accompanying me too," she said.

He held her hand and said to her, looking into her eyes.

"I will forever remember this night. When I will be Japan and I will be lonely, I will think of you," Yong Hwa said.

Shin Hye felt her cheeks heating up. They were just friends, but he talked like he had fallen for her. What's wrong with him?

And is something wrong with that?

"It would not hurt to accompany you at your room, right?" he asked.

"Gwaenchanha," she said.

He confessed that he also stayed in the same hotel, but in a different room. He accompanied her, and before she closed her door, she gave him a good night kiss on his cheeks.

"Annyeonghi jumuseyo (Good night)," they said to each other.

****

Shin Hye was done cleansing her face when someone knocked on her door. She staggered and opened the door, only to find Min Young and Hong Ki feeling so happy.

"So, how's the concert?"  she asked them.

"Wow! I get to see Min Hyuk-ssi and his amazing drumming skills!" Hong Ki said. "Ah, you should have been there."

"And I got the towel that Lee Jong Hyun was using!" Min Young squealed. "I got a towel from CN Blue!"

"But I am much luckier," Hong Ki said.

"Wae?"

"He's got an an instant girlfriend in the person of Miss A's Lee Min Young," Min Young revealed, awkward of  having to say her own name when she meant someone else.

"Jinjja?" Shin Hye asked in happiness. "But, I thought you do not believe in Heaven coming down to Earth."

"What can I do?" Hong Ki asked. "She just literally fell for me."

"And how about you?" Min Young asked Shin Hye.

Shin Hye found the memory precious that she was not willing to reveal it.

"I strolled alone," Shin Hye said.

"Ya, you are unfair," Hong Ki said. "And you will not have any more fun tomorrow?"

"I will be your guide," Shin Hye bragged.

Hong Ki noticed a spark in his best friend's eyes, though he did not reveal what he had seen.

"Something good must have happened to her," he thought.

*****

The next day, the three of them were walking to Universal Studio when Shin Hye's phone rang.

"Who has the guts to be calling you now?" Hong Ki asked.

He grabbed her phone.

"Ya!" Shin Hye protested.

When Hong Ki read the name on the screen, he looked back at her in confusion.

"J...Jung Yong Hwa?" he asked. "I thought you did not go to CN Blue's concert last night."

"I did not," Shin Hye said.

"So... Jung Yong Hwa..." Min Young deduced. "The Japanese star????"

Shin Hye nodded.

"Ya, Babo Chingu!" Hong Ki said as he pinched his bestie's cheeks. "You naughty girl, no wonder your eyes were sparkling last night!"

Min Young leaned forward.

"So, you and Yong Hwa had a date yesterday?"

"Ne... he toured me around parts of Singapore."

But the phone was still ringing, so Shin Hye grabbed her phone from Hong Ki and answered.

"Moshi moshi," she said in Japanese. "Hontou, hontou gomen nasai.... (I'm really, really sorry)"

It was ten in the morning, and Shin Hye just got asked for a lunch date.

"Ah, ne, but I am with my cousin and best friend."

The other two were listening.

"Jinjja???? Ah, ne, gomawo, gomawo," Shin Hye said.

After hanging up the call, she told Min Young and Hong Ki that Yong Hwa was at Diva Models, and that he was inviting them for lunch.

"O. M. G..." Hong Ki said, jaws dropping. "You have a real date with a real celebrity!"

"You can have one with Min after ours," Min Young said.

****

The three of them went to the modeling agency, where they saw Yong Hwa in action for the final parts of a photo shoot. Hong Ki saw how Shin Hye was star-strucked even if she had been with him the whole afternoon yesterday. He felt a bit envious because he was not able to get that casual with Min just yet.

After the photo shoot, Yong Hwa got to know Hong Ki and Min Young for the first time, and the J-pop star treated them to lunch.

After lunch, Min Young excused herself to answer a call from a friend, so it left Hong Ki looking at another YongShin moment.

"I am sorry I called you by surprise," Yong Hwa said.

"You indeed surprised me," she replied.

"I was thinking of you the whole night," he said.

Shin Hye felt her heart fluttering. So, Yong Hwa liked her too?

Yong Hwa got something out of his pocket, then to her surprise, wore it around her neck. It was a necklace, and with a cute oval pendant with a precious gemstone in the middle.

"Open the pendant," he said.

She did, and saw that inside was the picture of them from last night. She looked at him in sadness.

"Mianhae," she said. "I have nothing to give you."

"Nothing?" he asked. "But you just gave me everything already. Your tweets, your attention, yourself."

He got something from his pocket and wore it.

"A couple necklace????" Shin Hye asked.

What was Yong Hwa trying to imply?

"Cute, right?" he asked as he opened the pendant. It had the same picture too.

"What does it mean?" she asked him.

He wrapped his arms around him and kissed her hair.

"Can you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

Shin Hye felt sad.

"How can I be girlfriend to someone who is heaven?" she thought. "After this, who knows when we are gonna see each other again?"

But she liked him a lot, and maybe, she had loved him already--or so she thought.

"I want to be your girlfriend," she said.

Yong Hwa smiled as he tightened his embrace.

"Will you still like me even if I will no longer be a star? The way Hae Sung liked JB even if he no longer danced?"

"Ne..." she said. "I never expected to see you at all. I was happy to see you, and with our promise, I will never let go of the chance to be yours."

That was what Yong Hwa wanted: someone outside the spotlight to plant his feet on the ground.

And as for Hong Ki, he was shocked when he saw Yong Hwa kissing Shin Hye on her lips.

"OMO!!!!" Hong Ki gasped in shock and happiness and envy.

****

That night, Hong Ki had a date with Min, and Min Young went with them. Shin Hye went to the airport to see Yong Hwa off. Just when they were a couple after a day of knowing each other, they were apart again.

"Annyeonghi gaseyo," she told him.

"Annyeonghi gyeseyo," he said.

He wrapped his arms around her again and kissed her. And when it was time for him to depart, he waved her goodbye. Shin Hye waved her hand goodbye as she clutched the pendant.

"I will always cheer on you, Yong Hwa," she said to him. "I will always be your number one fan."

And tears strolled down her eyes.

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next, YongShin couple and Jong Hyun love triangle, plot by by grace17)

 

~~~~