Marriage Life

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

YongShin's married life as requested by asas17.

I had been watching "My Husband Got A Family" because I was curious regarding Min Hyuk's role as the playboy Cha Sekwang. Then, later on, as I got immersed in the story, I love it because of it being very funny and very heartwarming. 

The married life of Korean people is different from my culture, so I had fun learning their culture.

I happened to write a story regarding married life when I was in college, so I think I can put it here.

****

Shin Hye's sisters-in-law and parents-in-law talked about the wedding last night.

"Aish, I really do not like the gift Eonni gave me," Eun Ji complained. "I do not know how she can't give me something that has to do with singing!"

"You better be contented with it," Nicole said. "After all, it is not like Eonni is a very rich girl, you know."

"Eomma, Appa, why do married couples have to give wedding gifts to the family-in-law?" Hana asked.

The parents explained it to them.

"Maybe, some form of filial respect?" Nicole asked in prudence.

Eomma nodded.

"Still! I don't like my gift!" Eun Ji said.

(A/N: Nicole from Kara, Eun Ji from A Pink, and Hana aka Zinger from SECRET)

*****

Yong Hwa's sisters-in-law, brother-in-law, and father-in-law were also talking behind their  backs.

"Yong Hwa has good taste," Sandara said as she examined the pair of Addidas shoes that he bought.

"Yong Hwa obviously did not remember that his noona adores tube mini dresses more than flowy dresses with straps," Bom pouted in annoyance.

"Ah, do not be like that, Bom-ah," Jin Young said.

"Ah, but Hyung is really gracious," JR, their maknaedongsaeng (youngest sibling), said. "Look at this Samsung smartphone! Ahhhh...."

"You already have three phones, tsh," Jiyeon said as she hugged the teddy bear that Yong Hwa gave her.

(JR is from JJ Project, Bom and Dara from 2NE1, and Jiyeon from T-ara).

****

The next morning, Yong Hwa turned to the side to look at the face of his wife. As it was their honeymoon, the two of them had some wild night the night before. He was so hot that she could not resist him, and she was so y that he could not get enough of her. They had around 15 rounds last night.

"Good morning, Yeobo," he greeted her in his bedroom voice.

Shin Hye woke up to the sound of his manly voice.

"Good morning too, Yeobo," she said.

He leaned forward and gave her a kiss.

"Let us bathe together, then let us eat breakfast together too," he announced.

"Ne...."

She felt really warm when he hugged her tight. She was glad that despite everything, she and Yong Hwa were married.

And what was the "despite everything"? Actually, it is not a what, but "who." It was due to the ladies in their lives that despised the marriage. Eun Ji hated Shin Hye because Shin Hye was bad at singing while Eun Ji  had a deep resonant voice. Hana also hated Shin Hye because Shin Hye was not y. And Bom hated Yong Hwa because he was not observant to girly fashion.

(Jung Shin Hye... it does have a nice ring to it!)

****

The couple had their taste of the perks of honeymoon, as well as the perks and grievances of Shin Hye getting pregnant for the first time. She was totally demanding and asking him for sour fruits to eat, and Yong Hwa had to ask his eomma why Shin Hye was being like that.

"That's hormonal, Yong Hwa," Eomma said. "Just deal with it and love her even more..."

"I hate you!" Shin Hye shouted from the background. "You obviously lusted after your boss's secretary because she is y and slim, while I am getting fat!"

Yong Hwa cursed. Of course, he had a minor crush on Bekah, but that was just a crush. And as if he would be seeing Bekah often.

"Say soothing words," Eomma said to her confused son.

"N...ne..."

"Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!" Shin Hye began to sob.

Yong Hwa went to his yeobo and hugged and cradled her.

"Uljima, huh, uljima..." he said in confusion in order to make her stop crying. "You are not fat... you are just healthy."

"Mwo????" Shin Hye asked as she kicked him. "Now you do favor Bekah than me!"

And she cried again.

"Yeobo...that is not true...!" Yong Hwa explained.

And over the background, Eomma could hear the encounter that she had fun and turned the loudspeaker for her family to enjoy.

"She is over-reacting!" Eun Ji frowned.

"You do not understand how it is to be pregnant," Eomma chided her.

"Poor Oppa," Nicole said thoughtfully.

"Serves him right for marrying Eonni!" Hana said.

"Do not be like that..." Appa crooned.

"AYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" Yong shouted from the phone.

"Omo~ Omomomomomo~~~ tsk tsk..." Eun Ji frowned.

"Go get me sour fruits!" Shin Hye demanded from the background.

Yong Hwa got back to the phone and apologized that he had to hang up. Eomma told him it was all right.

****

Yong Hwa had to deal with his wife's pregnancy, and he also had experienced couvade syndrome. When Shin Hye had nausea early in the morning, Yong Hwa had them too. Shin Hye hated the smell of her own perfume, and he hated his perfume too. She ate more than her usual, and he found himself eating double too.

"Why are you also trying to vomit?" Shin Hye asked. "Are you guilty that you had me pregnant?"

"Aniya!" he defended himself. "I am not!"

"Are you guilty that you will be a father soon?" she quarrelled him.

"Aniya! I am excited for our baby," he said.

And Shin Hye sobbed again, telling him to go to Bekah and leave her alone. Yong Hwa hugged his wife and told her that he only loved her and will not look at other women. Shin Hye smiled at him and went out with him to buy the sour fruits.

 

9 months fast-forward.

Their first baby was born, a healthy baby girl. Shin Hye was exhausted during the delivery, but she held her baby for the first time. Yong Hwa witnessed the delivery of their first child, and he cried in happiness to see his offspring.

****

And soon, Eun Ji and Hana began to mellow down at their eonni when Ji Na was born. Bom also mellowed at Yong Hwa when she saw Ji Na for the first time. The siblings on both sides also fought as to who should hold the baby first, and the couple's parents had to reprimand their respective children to behave and act like educated citizens of Korea.

****

After three years, Shin Hye bore a baby boy, whom Yong Hwa named Joon. He was finally happy to see a son who could carry on the line of Jung, as all he had were sisters.

*****

(and here comes the line from my story)

Ji Na and Joon were already in grade school, with Ji Na in the fourth grade, and Joon in the first grade. Shin Hye was so proud to see her kids coming home from school being healthy and alert, and even active in sports. She wanted her kids to make it to CSAT come high school, but she did not want them to forsake being kids.

Yong Hwa, meanwhile, was beginning to lose interest in his wife, because she was already an aging ajumma. She was no longer y the way she used to be, and she sported long skirts and shirt with long-sleeves.

(Just like Sunako Nakahara, minus the unkempt and dirty look of the clothes)

(source: http://mangafox.me/manga/perfect_girl_evolution/v01/c001/8.html)

 

Good thing for her, she did not sport the ajumma perm.

 

(source: http://www.hyonjooparklee.com/e/culture-to-question/ajumma-in-korean-women-who-look-old-enough-to-get-married.html)

 

He did not understand why Shin Hye was not taking care of herself anymore. Yeah, her skin was still smooth, her hair still manageable, but her mode of dressing up! Eek! Where was she all these time when skinny jeans was invented?

And it was a given that Yong Hwa only got home late to eat dinner and sleep afterwards. He hated it how his wife does not even respond to his caresses anymore, like she was acting only as mother to their kids. Shin Hye forgot how it is to be his wife. And soon, Yong Hwa gave up and only acted as breadwinner to the family and father to his kids, not a husband to his wife.

****

One day, as the kids were in school, Shin Hye visited her Bom-eonni, who was married to a rich businessman name Lee Dong Wook. She and her sisters had seen each other only rarely because she was very busy, and Bom was busy travelling around the world with her hubby. When Bom saw her yeodongsaeng, she was shocked because Shin Hye looked like an ajumma from the market more than her yeodongsaeng.

"Shin Hye-ya," Bom remarked.

And so, Bom had her maid bring in tea, for her and Shin Hye to share. While the servant was away, Shin Hye related to her sister that her husband no longer cares for her, and that he was always moody and irritable. Bom asked her if Shin Hye did something wrong, but Shin Hye told her sister she had been doing everything for her family. She could not understand why her husband would get angry at her for caring for her brood. Bom shook her head.

"But have YOU done anything to be his wife?" Bom asked.

"Eh?"

"Look at you," Bom pointed at her sister. "You embody the ajumma in every sense. You forgot a part of the reason why Yong Hwa looked at you."

Shin Hye did not understand what her sister said.

"Can you spell 'desire'?" Bom asked.

Just then, the maid came in with the tea, and the two sisters drank.

"Can you enlighten me, Eonni?" Shin Hye asked.

"Be y! Be hot!" Bom said. "That is one thing you forgot to do. Add spark to your marriage. Get into honeymoon mode! Create some romance!"

Shin Hye finally got what her sister meant.

"Am I told old to be that?" Shin Hye asked.

"Ya, you think I am younger than you?" Bom asked. "Do you think Dong Wook and I are no longer doing it? Seduce your husband!"

Bom grabbed Shin Hye, and the two of them went to the salon for Shin Hye's makeover, as well as buying clothes for Shin Hye.

*****

That afternoon, Ji Na and Joon were startled to see their Eomma with softly waved hair, wearing an off-shoulder tee with matching shorts.

"Eomma?" Ji Na asked.

"Oh, hello my kids," Shin Hye greeted as she hugged her kids. "Bae gopa?"

"Ne!" Joon said innocently, unaware of the reason why his eomma was being like that.

Ji Na was amazed that her eomma was a beauty now, but she did not understand why. After all, she is still a child. Shin Hye led her kids to the kitchen, where she served them kimchi pancakes and patbingsu.

****

That night, Yong Hwa looked forward to another boring night when he came in the house. He noticed the sweet smell of flowers and saw his wife setting the table.

The table with all the flowers.

With all the candle lights.

As if there was an occasion.

And his wife...

With long and wavy, salon-done hair, tank top, and a flowy skirt three inches above the knee. His jaws dropped because he was shocked.

"Annyeong, yeobo?" Shin Hye greeted.

"Appa!!!" the kids came running, hugging Yong.

He hugged the kids, then looked in happy confusion at his wife.

"What's the occasion? It is not even your birthday," he told her.

Shin Hye only smiled at him as she helped him with his bag and his coat. She led the family to the dining table, where they ate dinner together. Yong Hwa was happy with the change of his wife, though at the back of his mind, she must have done some extra-marital affair for her to be acting all gracious, like she was guilty and making up for it.

That night, as the two lay on bed, Shin Hye placed her hand on his chest and began to croon.

"Yeobo, do you want a massage?" she asked.

"Are you doing anything naughty?" he asked suspiciously.

"Mwo? Ani~~~" she said, still flirting with him.

"Are you seeing another man?" he asked.

Shin Hye remembered what Bom had told her that it might come to Yong Hwa's mind. She smiled at him and leaned forward, then his shoulder.

"Then...are you jealous?" she asked boldy.

"Then, you really are looking at another man," Yong Hwa asked coldly.

Shin Hye began to laugh like a .

"Can I not seduce my own husband?" she asked.

Yong Hwa turned to her and told her that he was tired. She smiled wickedly as she got up and leaned forward to give him a hungry kiss. He had not tasted it for a long time, so he gladly gave in and made out with her.

****

Yong Hwa liked it that his wife initiated it last night, including changing herself. But maybe, just maybe, she was doing something wrong, which was why she was beautifying herself and trying to flirt with him again. And all he could ask was Nicole, who was open-minded and objective. So that lunch time, he invited his sister to have lunch with him. He told her what Shin Hye did, and Nicole only smiled.

"There is nothing to worry about that, Oppa," Nicole said. "Eonni is just trying to bring back the spark of romance to your marriage, you should know better."

Made sense.

And so, Yong Hwa was always eager to get home to see the new look of his wife. He was always surprised at the things that she did for the family, and to him as his wife and lover. She soon began to massage him and asked him about his day, while she also told him about her day. Though tired, he also took time to massage his wife and even to give her the caresses he wanted to give her.

*****

One lunch time, Shin Hye was done preparing her lunch when she remembered her laundry which she hung outside. She did not know that some guy had gone from the fence and stalked her. He ran up to her and covered , and began to drag her inside the house.

Shin Hye struggled to get free, so she kicked him and tried to grab the ivory vase on the pedestal. But the man grabbed her by the hair and started to attack her with harsh kisses to her neck.

"Jebal dowa (Please help me)" Shin Hye cried at the top of her voice.

Someone began to kick the man and started beating him up. When she turned to look, it was her husband who beat up the man.

"You have no right to do it to my wife!" Yong Hwa screamed.

The neighbors all got curious, and when they learned of the incident, they called the other neighbor who happened to be a policeman. The man came and arrested the intruder. Yong Hwa went over to his wife and swept her to an embrace. Shin Hye cried her eyes out because she had been wronged.

"Let's bring this case to Dara-noona, huh?" Yong Hwa told her, while she nodded weakly.

"Why...are you here?" she asked.

"I left some papers," he said. "But that is not important now..."

"Please be with me..." she said.

He looked at the attire of his wife. She was wearing chic clothes, which was why she was being chanced upon by the intruder. He liked it that she wore that way, but he did not want other men to lust upon his wife. He called the office and told his boss he'd be having half-day and told his boss what happened. The boss got upset over the commotion at home and promised to send someone to bring the papers to the office. And so, Yong Hwa stayed with Shin Hye the whole afternoon.

When Ji Na and Joon came home, they found their appa preparing food, so they asked. Yong Hwa tried to fight back his tears and lied to his children, telling them that Eomma is sick and she needed to rest. He was being strong for them because his wife was lifeless the rest of the day.

And that night, he caressed his wife lovingly so that she will get to know that it is only he who can hold and touch her like that.

****

And so, Dara took up the case, while Shin Hye received psychiatric treatments, without the children's knowledge. Jin Young was very angry that he vowed to kill the man, and JR too was over-emotional. Jiyeon told them to be calm and trust on Dara-eonni. Bom used Dong Wook's influence to make sure that the intruder should get behind bars. The Jung family were also very angry at the incident, that Hana, Eun Ji, and Nicole vowed that they take up self-defense classes.

****

And as there were credible witnesses, and that the man was a drug addict who was useless in the neighborhood, he was put behind bars. Yong Hwa thought it would be better for him and his wife to take a second honeymoon for her to clear her mind. Yong Hwa had arranged with Nicole that the kids be staying with her for a while.

And so, Yong Hwa and Shin Hye flew to Italy for a vacation.

****

That night, as they lay in bed, Shin Hye began to crawl closer to her husband and lay on his muscular chest.

"Yeobo... I wanna thank you for coming home that day," she whispered.

"Ne... I cannot forgive myself if..." he said before stopping.

"Ara..."

"I am the only one who can touch and kiss you," he whispered huskily.

His breath was so warm to her hair that she closed her eyes in calmness.

"Take me again," she whispered back.

Shin Hye looked at him, and they kissed each other passionately. And that night, they shared another time being married couples and lovers to each other.

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next, YongShin request by dzealousie. I will be taking this as the temporary last request. I will still update this and update my Minami Shineyo fic "Play Your Love" also... now on Chapter 20)

 

~~~~