Guardian Angel

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

YongShin and Kim Hyun Joong love triangle, requested by Director-Smiley.

 

~~~~

Turn the lights down low
Take it off, let me show
My love for you insatiable....

 

Shin  Hye and her friends were at the bar that Friday night, drinking after a week of stress. Eun Jung and Soyeon were already laughing hard at the green jokes that they were telling each other. Shin Hye was way too bored out of her league that she picked the ice in her empty glass and placed the ice inside . The guitar was making her sleepy, but she realized that the voice of the singer was too damn y. She turned her woozy head and looked at the singer. 

It turned out, the singer was looking at her too.

 

, never stop
Wanna taste every drop
My love for you insatiable

 

And she realized that the singer was giving her that y stare, as if it was meant for her. The singer, a guy, did not take his hot and y glare from her, like he had some fire of desire in his eyes. He looked like he desired her. Shin Hye smiled coyly at him, then bowed as she smiled and bit her lips, so as not to make him think that she was an easy girl.

"Shin Hye-ya," Eun Jung drawled. "Gwaenchanha?"

"Eung," she said.

Eun Jung and Soyeon continued talking and laughing. They forgot that Shin Hye was there, and they only remember her if she spoke up or swayed away from the group. Shin Hye, however, never cared. She was busy enjoying herself and looking back at the singer every now and then.

****

After the show, the singer went off the stage and went backstage. Shin Hye excused herself from her friends and gave them the excuse that she'd be going to the restroom.

It was a white lie. She was looking for it, but she also just wanted to flirt with the singer. Of course, she wanted to have fun after her breakup with Hyun Joong the day before. She was hurt, and that was why she came along with her friends. But with the mysterious and y singer, she found herself like she was redeemed.

"Omo, hwajangshiri eodi? (Where's the restroom)" she asked herself as she walked.

As she walked in uncoordinated movements, she slipped, but someone caught her.

"Gwaenchanhayo?" a male voice asked.

She cocked her head to the side to see the worried stare of a guy.

The mysterious y singer, that is.

"Gwaenchanhayo," she replied with sleepy eyes and held his chin.

The arms of the guy was really strong and caring, but she struggled to get free because she was looking for the restroom.

"Ah, I don't wanna go to the restroom," she said to no one in particular.

And in her drunkenness, she dragged the singer with her out of the bar. She did not recognize that she brought him backdoor where it was a bit dark, and where the bar employees stack the cases of beer.

"Agasshi, it is dark here," the singer said.

Shin Hye sat on the pavement and pulled him close. Then, she whispered into his ear.

"Take me home," she said.

The singer felt he was in heat, but since he did not know the girl, he shook head. He did not want to have some one-night stand with people whom he never even knew. 

Then, she began to cry and bawled her eyes out.

"Why? Am I not lovable?" she complained. "Why can't he love me? Why did he leave me?"

And she kept on pounding at the singer's chest.

"Ya, apa!" the singer complained as he held her wrist.

Shin Hye sniffled and struggled to get her hand out to wipe her eyes.

"I am not ugly, am I?" she asked him.

But the singer did not reply. He wanted to know why she was crying.

"Jung Yong Hwa-imnida," he whispered to her.

"Shin Hye. Park Shin Hye-yeyo," she wept as she introduced herself.

And she began narrating to him how she and Hyun Joong met, and how he broke up with her. Yong Hwa listened...

And she hugged him.

The moment his skin touched hers, he felt something different. 

Like the way Jacob Black's world changed and got into the right places the moment he laid his eyes on Renesmee, the moment he imprinted on her...

Yong Hwa felt that he had suddenly found something he can call his.

He wrapped her into his arms and held her tight, allowing her tears to fall down his shirt.

"Is this what they call 'love'?" he thought.

He felt he had found the one thing he had imagined all along.

His soulmate.

****

Shin Hye was so drunk when he brought her back to the bar, and Eun Jung and Soyeon went to them, both of who were also tipsy.

"Ya, take us home, Handsome," Eun Jung slurred to him in a husky voice.

Yong Hwa smiled timidly, but Soyeon grabbed his lapel and tried to kiss him, but Eun Jung pulled her away.

"Ya, since you are not drunk, can you drive for us?" Eun Jung requested.

Yong Hwa told them he did not know where they lived, and the two ladies would not even give out their names. So, it ended up that he got the three girls inside his car and took them to his pad.

Yong Hwa arranged his bed to make each pillow elevated, and he diligently took each girl into his room. With his bed packed with the girls, the only slot for him was the sofa in the living room. He checked to see each girl comfy and sleeping, but he could not take his eyes off the sad and sleeping Shin Hye.

"He broke my heart," her words rang through his ears. "He broke up with me because he accused me of not being able to give him the thing that he wants... The thing that a girl can satisfy him."

He knew exactly what those words mean. The desires of the flesh.

"Sigh, he is a bastard," Yong Hwa frowned in thought. "Is that all he ever saw in Shin Hye? Just some easy girl who could satisfy his manly desires?"

Of course, he often fantasized about that too, but only up to that. He believed that doing so outside of marriage is wrong and can even give him sorts of ually transmitted disease which could be a minus points for his future wife.

"Is that the reason why she got drunk?" he thought.

He went out of the room and lay on the sofa before shutting his eyes.

****

The next day, Shin Hye woke up in a strange room, so she turned to the side to see her friends sleeping with her. She did not know what happened, so she got up and went out of the room. Someone was frying in the kitchen, so she walked to see who it was. The mysterious person in question turned to her and smiled his toothy grin.

"Shin Hye-ssi, have you slept well?" Yong Hwa asked.

Shin Hye got a confused look on her face. He knew her, but she did not know him.

Worse...

He kinda resembled Hyun Joong.

"Ah...ye," she replied. "How did you know me?"

Yong Hwa told her about last night's event, and she cringed in embarrassment.

"Eotteohke?" she winced.

Gone was the y stare she saw in him.

"Ya, you were having this y glare at me last night," she pointed at him. 

"Mwo?" he asked as he placed the fried food into a dish.

"You... you were staring intently at me last night at the bar while you were singing "Insatiable"," she said to him.

"Tsh, you are probably imagining things," Yong Hwa said as he dismissed her statement. "I never look at girls like that."

"Ya!"

"You can remember me singing, but you did not remember introducing yourself to me? Tsk!" he scoffed.

Shin Hye looked in embarrassment as he continued to cook. She offered to set the table, to which he agreed.

"Uhm... how come my friends are here too?" she asked.

It was then that Eun Jung and Soyeon came out of the room, scratching their heads and their stomach and their arms.

"Why are we here?" Soyeon asked Eun Jung.

When they saw Yong Hwa, they stood in shock.

"He looks like..."

"I agree..."

Yong Hwa turned to them and greeted them.

"Noona, have a seat," he smiled at the other two.

Eun Jung and Soyeon looked at each other. How did he know that they were Noonas?

****

The three girls looked at each other as Yong Hwa started to share how they all ended up in his pad.

"I have so many ajumma neighbors, and it would be a shame if they think that I brought in three ladies for one-night stands," Yong Hwa said. "Aish..."

"Mianhaeyo," Eun Jung said. "We were just so drunk."

"I called tell," Yong Hwa said. "Noona called me 'Handsome.'"

Eun Jung smiled in embarrassment.

"And Noona," he said, pointing at Soyeon. "Even tried to kiss me."

"Mwo?" Soyeon reacted. "Aish....mianhaeyo..."

Shin Hye reached for her chopstick to avoid too much hell. She silently ate and elbowed Eun Jung to do the same.

"I don't have girly clothes here," Yong Hwa said. "I can let you borrow my clothes."

The three looked at each other, then at him.

"A...gwaenchanhayo," Shin Hye spoke for them. "We brought you trouble for our ruckus. Please don't bother anymore."

Yong Hwa smiled.

"Arasseo..."

Soyeon offered to wash the dishes, and the other two agreed.

"We can clean your apartment, if you like," Shin Hye said.

"I only brought you here to sleep, not to serve as my slave," Yong Hwa said. "And aren't your parents looking for you?"

Eun Jung said that her parents are in Japan, so she is living alone. Soyeon is an American citizen, but she preferred staying in Korea, and lived alone. Shin Hye lived with her older cousin, who was away for months.

"That still is not a valid reason to slave yourself for me," Yong Hwa said. "I cannot pay your salary."

"Oh, aniyeyo..." Shin Hye said. "We...we will do this for free..."

Eun Jung and Soyeon, very embarrassed already, gave their phone numbers to him. He accepted it without resistance.

"If Noona will spend the night at the bar, just text me," he said with a wink.

Then, he walked away to get his bath. Eun Jung and Soyeon looked at Shin Hye, who had stayed silent. By now, tears started to fall from her eyes.

"Why...why does he have to look like him...?" Shin Hye sobbed.

Eun Jung hugged her and told her to let go. Soyeon agreed and told them to wash the dishes with her. But they did not know that Yong Hwa had to give up some of his precious clothes for them.

****

"Eh?" Shin Hye asked him. "But I thought..."

"I cannot let pretty girls stink," Yong Hwa said. "Just have my clothes laundered, them return them to me."

He handed his phone to her.

"Give me your number," he said.

Shin Hye looked at him before taking his phone. She obliged and saved his number.

"Give yourself a ring," he said.

Shin Hye dialed her number so that his number would be registered in her phone. Then, she returned his phone.

"Why are you so kind?" she asked, feeling helpless.

She told him again about Hyun Joong, letting tears fall all over again. Yong Hwa reached out as he touched her cheek to wipe her tears. Then, he wrapped her in his arms and comforted her. She felt different in his arms. He was gentle, and he was a gentleman.

"No real man would ask his girl to do it with him at the wrong time," he whispered. "I prefer mine like I was opening a precious gift on my birthday."

Shin Hye knew what he meant. He wanted to do it with his future wife on their wedding night.

"Your girlfriend is lucky," she said. "You are so warm... you are like Kang Shin Woo."

Yong Hwa smiled to be compared to Shin Woo.

"Yeojachingu eopseoyo (I have no girlfriend)," he said.

Shin Hye pushed him gently and looked into his eyes.

"Jeongmalyo?" she asked.

"It's not that I am not ready," he said. "I am just busy enjoying making money."

He gently told her to take a bath first, while he gets his car ready to take all of them home. As he exited his room, Shin Hye felt her heart going crazy...

****

Eun Jung and Soyeon looked at themselves in the mirror. Yong Hwa's shirts and skinny jeans were not bad. And Shin Hye looked like Amber of f(x) in Yong Hwa's clothes.

"Do you...do you guys think he is doing this because he will be asking for a price later on?" Shin Hye asked them.

She had been wary of guys already, and even if Yong Hwa was a gentleman, he might reveal his true color and be like Hyun Joong.

"Molla," Eun Jung said. "Ah, but it's great to be a Noona flirting with a younger guy."

"You said it right," Soyeon said before laughing and exchanging high fives with Eun Jung.

It was almost eleven in the morning when Yong Hwa brought them home to their respective pads.

****

That afternoon, Shin Hye went to the mall to shop for some clothes when she someone grabbed her wrist.

"Oppa?" she asked, her voice with a trail of anger.

"Shin Hye, mianhae," Hyun Joong said. "I...I should have not let you go."

"Well, you just did! And you broke my heart!" she said spitefully as she wriggled to get her wrist off.

And she slapped him hard in front of the passing crowd. He cursed as he nursed his cheek.

"If you had only gone to bed with me, this would not have happened," Hyun Joong said.

"Geurae?" she asked. "While we were still a couple, do you think I did not know that you were in a secret relationship with Kim Hyuna?"

Hyuna was his secretary.

"Sh...Shin Hye-ya!" he said, getting offended at the stares of the crowd.

"Well, you get what you deserve," she said. "And it is definitely not me!"

And she slapped him again. She tried to walk away, but he pulled her and knelt in front of her.

"I know, I know I am wrong, but please give me a chance," he begged.

Many people were already watching, some urging her to forgive, some telling her not to. But Hyun Joong was looking at her intently. Shin Hye looked at him in anger, then looked at the people around...

And saw Yong Hwa from among the crowd.

She felt she had seen her savior, and it was time to move on and let go.

"Shirheo!" she said before walking away.

Hyun Joong was very much embarrassed, so he stood up as the crowd dispersed.

****

"Well done," Yong Hwa said when he saw her looking around.

Shin Hye saw him clapping and with that adorable smile on his face. She went to him and asked him how he was there.

"Can you speak casually to me?" he asked with a charming smile.

He really was Kang Shin Woo, if indeed Kang Shin Woo existed. She liked how he treated her with respect.

"Ah, ne..."

"I happened to be strolling too, when the commotion happened," he said. "You are getting into trouble all the time."

Shin Hye scratched her head cutely.

"Ah, yeogi (here)," she said when she handed him a paper bag.

He looked at her curiously and got the bag. He delved inside to see men's clothing.

"Ya, you do not have to do this," he said.

"I insist," she said.

He smiled again.

"Hey, thanks," he said.

Just then, Hyun Joong came.

"So, after breaking up with me, you are playing with someone else?" he asked.

The two looked at him.

"Look who's talking?" Shin Hye said. "At least, I am playing around outside a relationship!"

Hyun Joong looked at Yong Hwa, who looked at him in anger.

"And who are you to say that I was playing? I was just thanking the person who helped me last...uh, yesterday!"

"Geurae?" he replied without getting off Yong Hwa's stare.

"Is that how you treat a girl?" Yong Hwa asked. "Treating her as much as you please, dumping her, and getting her again?"

"Who are you to tell me that? And who are you?" Hyun Joong said.

"I am her guardian angel," Yong Hwa said. "You who have no respect for women obviously was not raised up properly."

"Why you!" Hyun Joong shouted as he boxed him.

Yong Hwa fell to the ground and nursed a bloody lip. Shin Hye knelt in front of him, asking him if he was all right. But it was the most painful that Hyun Joong experienced: seeing the girl he loved looking at someone else.

"You have no right to hurt him like this!" Shin Hye shot back at Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong looked on jealously as she helped the other guy get back on his feet.

"You know, I can sue you for assault if I want to," Yong Hwa threatened.

"Guerae?" Hyun Joong asked. "But too bad, I am a lawyer."

"And? Are you the only lawyer?" Yong Hwa asked. "I have a friend lawyer. I can ask his help if I want to."

He held Shin Hye's hand.

"Gaja," he told her gently before shooting another glare at Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong looked at them jealously as they walked away.

****

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa were coffee lovers, so they ordered at a coffee house.

"Your ex is such a bastard, you know?" Yong Hwa told her. "I cannot understand why guys would hurt girls."

Shin Hye bit her lips in agony. 

"I am sure nothing happened between the two of you," he said.

"Eopseo," she said.

She did not tell him that she knew that Hyun Joong had a secret love affair with Hyuna.

"My friend lawyer told me that guys like that are insecure with their own manhood, which is why they tend to dominate girls," Yong Hwa said. "And that is why I cannot understand that."

Shin Hye looked at him sipping his coffee silently.

"I will return your clothes after they are dry," Shin Hye said out of the blue.

"Ah, gomawo," he said with a wink and a grin.

"Ah...geuge.... if you don't mind... can we be friends?" she asked.

Friendship might just bloom into love, and he wanted her to be that way. Because he felt it last night.

"I saved you, right?" he said. "We are friends."

He grabbed her hand from across the table and squeezed it tight.

"You deserve a better man," he said. "While being your friend, I'll help you get over him and look for another one."

But Shin Hye wanted that new one to be him, though it was too early to tell.

"Ne... Thank you for saving my life," she said.

"Aniya," he said. "My eomma always told me to respect women, and I can do that because she loves me so much. Even my friend lawyer can attest to that... Aish, I wonder how Shi Hoo-hyung is doing..."

"Shi Hoo... Park Shi Hoo?" she asked in shock.

"You know him?" he asked.

"He...he is the cousin I told you... his house is where I live in," she said.

"W...wow!" Yong Hwa said. "I never imagined I saved my hyung's cousin... such a small world..."

Shin Hye liked her cousin a lot because Shi Hoo was also respectful to women, and she suddenly saw her cousin in Yong Hwa. He told her that Shi Hoo was the lawyer in the firm where Yong Hwa worked, though Yong would often play and unwind at the bar on Friday night. He and Shi Hoo had formed a strong bond that the lawyer treated him as his younger brother.

"Oppa...oppa is in Japan right now," she said.

"Ah, geurae?" he asked. "Ah... I have no idea about that..."

And he looked at her intently, though not the seductive look which she thought she gave him the night before.

"I should be good to you then," he said.

"You should!" she said. "~merong."

And the two of them spent the whole afternoon together as friends. So comfortable were they with each other's company that Yong thought his dream about him and her might just come true.

He was Shi Hoo's friend, and she, Shi Hoo's cousin.

With one common friend, they might be destined to be with each other.

"I like being with you, Yong Hwa," she thought. "How lucky I am if I were your girl..."

"I like being with you, Shin Hye," he thought. "And I will make sure that you will be my girl."

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next: YongShin and Kim Soo Hyun love triangle, requested by laz_15. Please send in PMs if you want to request.)

 

~~~~