Letting Go

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

Minami Shineyo fic. Sorry, this is going to be sad...

****

Five days before Mi Nyu left for Africa, Ahn-sajangnim requested his boys to sing for a friend's birthday party at a club. When Tae Kyung learned of the said schedule, he found out that the party was a day before Mi Nyu's departure.

"Ne, Sajangnim," Tae Kyung said. "AN Jell will perform."

Mi Nam, Jeremy, and Shin Woo nodded. After that, the four of them practiced for the intimate event.

*****

The night before the event, Mi Nyu saw Shin Woo sitting by the balcony, looking at the sleeping Jolie. She knew that he had fallen so hard for her, that he was so heartbroken. But nevertheless, they had their peace, and she was happy that he had practiced moving on.

"Shin Woo-hyung, why are you not sleeping yet?" she asked. "Are you excited for your mini-showcase tomorrow?"

The question caught him offguard, but he answered.

"Ani. It must have been just my mistake to drink tea in the afternoon," he said. "I forgot that it has a bit of caffeine."

But she did not notice the sadness in his eyes.

"What will you sing?" she asked. "Mi Nam-oppa did not even know what solo you will sing during the showcase."

It was a lie, of course. Mi Nam pretended not to know because it would take the surprise away, and Mi Nyu did not know her brother lied.

"If I am a businessman, I will go bankrupt if I share my trade secret," he said with a slight frown.

"Joesonghamnida," she said with a slight smile.

Both of them looked at the stars.

"I wonder how the stars in Africa will look like," she said.

"They will be brighter because the skies are darker, and the air is fresh," he said.

As he continued looking on the stars sadly, she looked back at him.

"Are you sad that I will be going to Africa?" she asked.

He looked at her and faked a smile.

"Who would not be?" he asked. "Even Mi Nam-ah and Jeremy will miss you too."

But his heart was aching because it was hard to let her go, hard to let her heart be taken away.

"Don't be sad, Shin Woo-hyung," she said. "We will do video call."

She stood up and stretched.

"Good night, Hyung," she said. "I will watch your showcase tomorrow."

She walked on without knowing that a sad pair of eyes was watching her from behind.

****

The next night, AN Jell stood in front of the stage in the bar. Ahn-sajangnim's friend was very thankful that his friend had let him borrow his resident band to the event. The president was very proud of his band, of course.

The band started off with some of their hits, but they did not sing their songs that will be in the sixth album. The people howled and cheered as they enjoyed their food and drinks. 

Later, the band members sang individually, in the sequence of Tae Kyung, Jeremy, Mi Nam, and Shin Woo. But even before Mi Nam could finish, Shin Woo told Jeremy and Tae Kyung he'd be going acoustic.

"You do not need drums?" Jeremy asked in confusion, because he had practiced some good old songs with Shin Woo.

"I changed my song, mianhae," Shin Woo said.

"Ah, gwaenchanha," Jeremy said. "I will have fun eating."

"Do well," Tae Kyung told Shin Woo. "You got me surprised at the last minute."

Finally, Mi Nam was done, and Shin Woo walked up the stage. His bandmates and Mi Nyu looked at him bringing along his guitar.

"Annyeonghaseyo, yeorebun?" he greeted the crowd. "I will be the last to sing solo before we end the night with another group performance."

The people clapped and howled. Then, he strummed his guitar and began to sing. He knew where his friends were sitting, but he still maintained eye contact with the people and made it seem like he was looking for someone from among the crowd. He sang a cover of Monday Kiz's song, "Goodbye, My Princess."

 
Goodbye goodbye my princess
I'll let you go now
Spread your wings and fly to the sky
Goodbye goodbye my princess
But please remember me
Who protected you all this time
Goodbye
 
When I look back,
the one who always held out his hand was me
All you do is dream
Why do you so easily tell me
that there's not room for me in your dreams
 
 
He stole glances at Mi Nyu during the second stanza. But at the third, Mi Nyu realized that Shin Woo was looking at her. His stare was boring through her soul, as if he was trying to tell her something.
 
 
The sunlight that's shining upon the wine glass is dazzling
The tears that fall down from your intoxicated self are dazzling
Don't cry, dont' cry
I don't want to make you cry
The sunlight that's shining upon the wine glass is dazzling
The tears that fall down from your intoxicated self are dazzling
Don't cry, dont' cry
If it's for you...
If it's what I have to do...
 
Goodbye goodbye my princess
I'll let you go now
Spread your wings and fly to the sky
Goodbye goodbye my princess
But please remember me
Who protected you all this time
Goodbye
 
Then, he got his gaze back at the crowd. And tears started to fall from her eyes.
 
"Shin Woo-hyung.... is that your goodbye song to me?" she asked him in thought.
 
 
The sunlight that's shining upon the wine glass is dazzling
The tears that fall down from your intoxicated self are dazzling
Don't cry, dont' cry
I don't want to make you cry
The sunlight that's shining upon the wine glass is dazzling
The tears that fall down from your intoxicated self are dazzling
Don't cry, dont' cry
If it's for you...
If it's what I have to do...
 
Goodbye goodbye my princess
I'll let you go now
Spread your wings and fly to the sky
Goodbye goodbye my princess
But please remember me
Who protected you all this time
 
 
Tears fell down again as she sang, seeing that he shed some tears as he looked at her.
 
 
I love you, I love you, my princess
I'll let you go
Spread your wings and fly to the sky
goodbye, goodbye, my love
But please remember me
Who will always be waiting for you
I love you....
 
 
The crowd howled on after he finished. He smiled his charming smile as he bowed. Then, his bandmates climbed up the stage to continue their showcase. But Shin Woo did not know that Tae Kyung was a bit disturbed with his performance.
 
Mi Nyu, meanwhile, looked on Shin Woo putting up a smile on his face. She realized that it was hard for him to let go. And just when she loved Tae Kyung, she realized a part of her wanted Shin Woo as well.
 
And that she wanted to tell him how she appreciates him being in her life...
 
That she was sad she was going away just when she realized something about him, that she was sad that just when she started to feel for him, he let go.
 
But it was too late to say it.
 
And who knows, by the time she gets back, he was over her....
 
And that he no longer loved her.
 
****
 
The next day, the band accompanied Mi Nyu to the airport. Jeremy and Mi Nam fought over who should hug her first, but Tae Kyung beat them to it, being her boyfriend, of course. After him, the two hugged her. Manager Ma and Coordi Noona hugged her as well. Even Ahn-sajangnim also hugged her. Finally, Shin Woo got to her, but did not hug her.
 
"Take care during your stay," he said casually.
 
But tears started to swell from her eyes.
 
"Shin Woo-hyung...." she sobbed like a child.
 
He leaned a bit slightly forward so others could not hear what he was saying.
 
"Goodbye, my Princess," he whispered.
 
She could see in his eyes that he was giving up on her, so she shed her tears and nodded. It was too late.
 
"Take care, Pig Rabbit," Tae Kyung said again after Shin Woo said his goodbye.
 
Then, it was time to go.
 
As she walked away from them, Mi Nyu bid them goodbye and looked at them for the last time. Jeremy and Mi Nam were sobbing. The manager, the stylist, and the president were waving to her in tears. Even Tae Kyung waved as he cried. 
 
But it was haunting to her that Shin Woo was so calm, like he was masking his heart with his calmness. And her eyes grew wide when he mouthed the words...
 
"Saranghae."
 
 
~~~~~
 
~~~~END~~~~
 
This song "Goodbye, My Princess" is sung by Monday Kiz, and is a song in K-drama "Prosecutor Princess." The lyrics is so sad, just like "Because I'm A Fool" and "Implode."
 
 
 
 
~~~~
 
up next, more random...
 
 
 
~~~~