A Complicated Love Story

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

(Sugar, Sugar Rune meets Master Of Mosquiton meets Twilight meets Boys Over Flowers)

First day of school in college.

Shin Hye smirked because she could have much more opportunities to make money out of her classmates. In high school, she sold papers because her classmates were too lazy to buy their own. Teachers never knew of her enterprise because her classmates were not willing to lose their paper source. Sometimes, she would sell school materials outside of school.

Why not? Her parents own a small bookstore which sold school materials.

Inside her classroom, she instantly made friends with her classmates, with the stipulation that they need not buy paper in the bookstore. They were willing to pay a high price just so they won't have to bring an unnecessary junk of paper in their little bags. The girls were among her noted patrons, and some boys too.

And in the first subject alone, she was able to make some money.

*****

She was skipping to the lunch room happily when she bumped against a guy.

"Ya! Are you blind?" the guy asked.

Shin Hye looked up and saw a guy with a frown on his face. His three other friends smirked at her, knowing that their leader does not even forgive girls.

"I am not blind, arasseo?" Shin Hye said.

"You do not know who I am?" the guy asked. "I am Jung Yong Hwa, the kingka of this school."

Shin Hye knew what a kingka is, but she did not care. She thought kingkas only exist in high school.

"And?????" Shin Hye asked. "Can your kingka status ease the hunger of my stomach???"

She pushed her way to the lunch room, but Yong Hwa held her arm.

"And you dare walk out from me?" he asked.

"You better follow Yong Hwa-nim," his friend with eye smile said.

"He should be followed by all," a guy with blonde hair told her.

"And you should never anger him," a tall guy with sleepy eyes said to her.

Yong Hwa looked at her hotly, while she gave him a heated glance.

"And?????" she shot back at them.

She kicked Yong Hwa on his knee, and in his hurt, he let go of her arm. The four guys looked at her in anger and envy.

"Jin Woon-ah," Yong Hwa said to the tall guy with sleepy eyes. "Wreak havoc in her locker."

"Aye, aye, Captain!" Jin Woon said.

"Hong Ki-ya, Min Hyuk-ah, report to me her activities," Yong Hwa said. "She should be severely punished for going against me."

****

After lunch, Shin Hye got to her locker. When she opened it, she found catsup spill on her books.

"Ewww!!!" she thought in disgust.

The people stopped and looked at each other. They had seen "Boys Over Flowers", and they knew how F4 punished people with their red card. They knew Yong Hwa punished just the same, but with no red card.

"Argh, my papers!" Shin Hye freaked out to see the red on her commodities.

Even catsup was all over her papers, which she was supposed to sell.

*****

That afternoon, Shin Hye was still brooding over her papers in the restroom when Yong Hwa came in.

"Alone?" he asked.

Shin Hye looked at him and backed in fear.

"Why are you here in the girls' room?" she asked.

Yong Hwa did not advanced. He just liked that she finally got scared of him.

"Neo, you were responsible for the catsup on my papers?" she asked.

"It's just my henchman, Jin Woon doing it," he said.

Shin Hye threw the papers into the bin, then darted towards him and slapped him.

"How dare you!"

But Yong Hwa held her wrist after the slapped, then dragged her out of the restroom.

"I will report you to the dean," he threatened. "Selling is not allowed!"

"None of your business!" Shin Hye screamed.

Yong Hwa dragged her to the stairs when they were met with another college student who got down the stairs.

"Violence against women is not allowed," the guy said soberly.

Yong Hwa shuddered at the coldness of the guy's voice. The other guy sounded so solemn that Yong Hwa felt cold sweat dripping his forehead.

"N-n-n-n-ne. Joesonghamnida!" Yong Hwa said as he released Shin Hye's wrist.

The cold guy looked at Yong Hwa, who scampered away like a rat.

"Gamsahamnida. Jeomgmal gamsahamnida," Shin Hye said to the guy.

The guy got down the stairs. Upon close inspection, Shin Hye saw that the guy had soft, smooth, flawless, and silky white skin.

"Lee Jong Hyun-imnida," the guy said to her.

"Ah...ne, Park Shin Hye-imnida," she said.

"You sold papers in our classroom, right?" he said.

"Eh? How come I never saw you back there?" she asked in exasperation. One man less means loss of profit.

"Well, people never notice me," Jong Hyun said. "Except for them."

He pointed to a group of girls who ran towards him.

"Jong Hyun-oppa!!!!" the girls shouted.

"Ya, out of the way!" a y girl said to Shin Hye.

Shin Hye frowned as the girls fought their way to Jong Hyun's heart. She found herself captivated to her silent savior.

****

The next day, Shin Hye happily gathered her profit from her classmates when Jong Hyun entered the room. The girls looked at him in awe to see their white prince coming in.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jong Hyun-ssi?" Shin Hye greeted. "Do you want to buy paper too?"

Jong Hyun smiled with his dimples in view. "Ne."

He grabbed his wallet and grabbed some bills. Shin Hye oggled at his fat wallet.

"Maybe, he has millions!" she said to herself.

She gave him his change and his paper before the teacher came in. And from that day on, Jong Hyun and Shin Hye became best friends. Yong Hwa could not even get near her to harass Shin Hye because Jong Hyun looked serious, truth to be told.

****

One evening, Shin Hye got out of the library late because of research. When she passed by the garden, she saw a man kissing a girl by the neck. He looked so lustful as he kissed the girl's neck passionately. Shin Hye darted towards them to cut them some slack against having some public display of affection.

"Ya!"

The guy turned to her, but Shin Hye got scared out of her wits with what she saw.

It was Jong Hyun kissing the girl by the neck.

But the girl was lifeless, and blood was in Jong Hyun's lips.

"Va-va-va... vampire!" Shin Hye shrieked as she started to run.

Jong Hyun dropped the girl's body before running towards her. As vampires were swift, he was able to grab hold of her.

"Let me go!" she demanded in fright. "Don't kill me!"

Jong Hyun sealed her lips with his finger and soothingly told her to keep quite. She obeyed in fright.

"I will not hurt you, Shin Hye-ya," he said.

Shin Hye looked at the body of the girl and saw her as one of her classmates who bought paper from her.

*****

"Now you know," Jong Hyun told her. "I am a vampire, but I simply want to drink blood just to quench my thirst. I do not literally kill."

"And...why women?"

"I just think women's blood are tasty, that's all," Jong Hyun said.

"Argh, I thought you are gonna kill me," Shin Hye said. "If you drink my blood, I might be dead. And I might not make any money at all!"

"You want me to drink yours?" he .

"Andwae!" she shot back at him. "If you drink my blood, I am sure you are not gonna like it. Trust me!"

Jong Hyun smiled and his teeth.

"I will trust you."

Shin Hye looked at him. He never looked like a vampire. Sure, his skin was white, but it was never as pale as Edward Cullen's.

"Gomawo," he said.

"For what?"

"For accepting me."

"Ah, geurae! Because you saved my life from that kingka. I owe you my life. And I want to have a friend, you know," she said.

*****

The next day, as Shin Hye continued with her paper business, she saw the girl whom she thought was dead. The girl came in the room looking jolly and all. Finally, when Jong Hyun came, the girl went to him and flirted. In fact, many girls came to him and flirted with him. He looked at Shin Hye and winked at her.

"Eh?" she thought. "He drinks their blood so that he will have a fans' club?"

Weird, but that was what had happened. Jong Hyun seldom drinks women's blood, but the ending is, those women chased him like he was a very popular celebrity. And despite finding it very weird indeed, Shin Hye let her bestfriend be, and went on to continue selling paper and later, more school supplies for the lazy students in her class and in other classes.

The girls whom Jong Hyun victimized never even got jealous of Shin Hye even if she was with him most of the time. Shin Hye liked her bestfriend very much, but she loved money more than anything else.

****

As the two of them were besties, they also hung out just like regular people. Jong Hyun may be a bloodsucker, but he enjoyed regular food like burgers, dwaejigalbi, samgyupsal, soju, and even the birthday miyeokguk. He acted normal because he really is normal, it is just that, he's also a vampire. Shin Hye really liked hanging out with him because he never chided her for earning her own money--though in a shrewd way. Well, he could chide her if he wanted, but Shin Hye was a fighter who did things her way.

****

One afternoon, Yong Hwa found his chance to harass her again for continuing her paper business and for defying him time and again. He found her by her locker, so he shut her locker lock when she was about to close it.

"Wae yeogi isseo (Why are you here)" she frowned. "Did you plan of stopping my money making?"

"I warned you already!" he said. "And besides, I still had not forgiven you for bumping against me in first day of classes."

"Huh! Kingka and queenka stuff is so high school," she said.

She shoved him, much to his annoyance.

"I will make you kneel in front of me!" he threatened.

"Get me to do it! Even if kneeling down in front of you means a different thing!" she said to him.

He suddenly blushed, thinking that Shin Hye was being and all. He knew what a girl does when she kneels in front of a guy, especially when both of them were alone in a room. Dig?

Shin Hye walked out in anger, her envelope of papers tucked under her armpit. Yong Hwa followed her in haste so that he could punish her to the utmost.

"Ya? Eodi ga (Where are you going)?" he shouted after her.

Not far from where they were walking was a construction site in school. The school was fixing some roofings in the main building, and the scaffolding was in place. Shin Hye walked furiously when Yong Hwa heard some shaking of metals. He looked up to see the scaffolding about to give way, so he ran hard and pulled Shin Hye away.

As the two of them fell to the ground, the scaffolding continued to fall.

Shin Hye looked at him who saved her life, then at the scaffolding a few meters from them.

"Gwaenchanha?" Yong Hwa asked her in a gentle voice.

Shin Hye looked at him in shock. His voice was really gentle that it was not him. And she found her face heating up.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked again.

Shin Hye absentmindedly nodded at him before attempting to get up. He helped himself to his feet, then looked at Shin Hye.

"Ughhh.... I think I might give way," she said to no one in particular.

Her legs felt so jelly at the fright of the thought that the metals might fall down on her. Her legs wobbled, and she knelt on the ground....

In front of Yong Hwa.

But that was not the kneel he was expecting. He was expecting her to kneel in front of him, in front of everyone, while asking for forgiveness for defying him.

"Shin Hye," he ran.

He knelt in front of her and wrapped his arms around her. He had her rest her head on his shoulder and allowed her to cry. She was just a girl after all, and despite her hard front, she was still prone to cry. He felt his heart melting and wanting to protect the girl that he used to hate.

"Can I take you home?" he whispered to her.

She nodded, then got out of his grasp. He helped her gather her papers, then the two of them went out of the campus.

As the two of them walked to her house, he was holding her hand, and she found it awkwards to be treated like a princess. He felt that he should be a prince to her, and he felt it was like a lifetime promise that he should protect her.

"Aya! The grip hurts!" she winced.

Yong Hwa smiled at her for the first time, showcasing that toothy grin that was his trademark. She found herself falling for that smile.

"I don't want to let you go," he said.

"Ya, are you still brooding over the fact that I defied you?" she shot back at him.

"No, seriously, I mean it," he said.

Shin Hye felt her heart melting. It looked like Yong Hwa liked her. Finally, they reached her house.

"Just get to your room straight, and study," he told her.

"Ara, ara!" she said in an irate tone.

As she was about to get in, he pulled her again and wrapped his arms around her. She could feel him kissing her hair.

"Take care," he whispered.

*****

The girls were crying as they bought paper from her the next day.

"We will boycott your paper business!" they said as they handed their money. "This is the last time that we will buy paper from you."

"Wae?" she asked them. "What's this stupidity?"

"You are dating Yong Hwa-oppa last night!" one of the girls sobbed. "We will no longer buy paper from you."

"Y..ya!" Shin Hye retorted. "I am not dating him! We almost got into an accident at the front yard, and he took me home safely! We are not dating!"

"Still! *sniff sniff* we will no longer buy paper from you," the second said.

"Johayo (Fine)!" she said sarcastically. "I still have many more customers, FYI!"

The girls left, and she huffed in irritation. Jong Hyun sat beside her and looked at her with sad eyes.

"Wae?" she asked him.

"Are you...really dating Yong Hwa?" he asked her.

The question hurt her because she had started to like her bestfriend.

"Aniya...ani..." she said.

She explained what happened last night.

"I could have saved you," he said sadly.

"Please do not look at me with those sad eyes, Jong Hyun-ah," she begged. "It's killing me."

Jong Hyun nodded and did not say anything more. For the rest of the day, both of them got through the days doing what they usually do.

****

That night, Shin Hye took her phone when it rang. A new number was registered, so she took the call. To her surprise, it was Yong Hwa. Both of them started talking to each other, mostly all about themselves and getting to know each other.

And it came to pass that Shin Hye often left the class early without Jong Hyun, and many girls cried when they saw Shin Hye and Yong Hwa dating even if there were no official announcements made. Jong Hyun felt sad and jealous because someone took his bestie away.

One night, Jong Hyun went hunting again when Shin Hye saw him by River Han.

"Jong Hyun-ah!" she called out to him.

She came to him and held him by the hand. He saw that she looked very happy.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Yong Hwa.... Yong Hwa is my jagiya now!" she squealed.

Instead of feeling happy, Jong Hyun nodded absentmindedly with a blank expression on his face.

"Wae? Are you not happy for me?" she asked him.

"Can... can you give me time to register it in my mind?" he asked her solemnly.

"Jong...Jong Hyun-ah," she said.

Jong Hyun walked fast to continue hunting while trying to evade the girl who broke his heart. Shin Hye followed him, having the instinct that he was not able to accept it.

"Jong Hyun-ah," she winced.

"Shin Hye-ya.... can...can you let me be alone?" he asked her gently. "I cannot be happy when my bestfriend is happy with someone else."

Shin Hye got hurt for her bestfriend.

"Jong Hyun-ah..."

He turned around and said to her.

"I had liked you, even during the first time that you saw me at the staircase," he said. "I... I was just too babo to act late. I'm sorry for even liking you."

Shin Hye looked at her bestfriend getting hurt and trying to walk away.

"Mianhae. I like you too," she said.

Jong Hyun turned to her.

"But I love Yong Hwa," she confessed.

There was a great chasm between like and love, and for Jong Hyun, there was no more chance.

"Gwaenchanha," he sadly said. "I did not expect you to love me. Liking me is fine."

Shin Hye followed her best friend as he hunted for women's blood. In one hour, he was able to consume blood from two girls. When he was full, he invited her to have a walk. Despite the fact that he was trying to be cheerful, she could feel the sadness in his voice.

"I think I know those kids," Jong Hyun said.

There were two college students who were playing music for everyone for money. One had a violin, the other, a guitar. Many people were listening and cheering for the duo, and the two of them went to watch.

After the last song, Jong Hyun went to the duo and asked if he could play a song.

"Ah, ne, Hyung," the violinist said.

"I am not your hyung," he corrected them. "We are of the same year level."

He sat down on the guitarist's seat, and the girls began to swoon again at the fair-skinned vampire.

"This is to my bestfriend," he said.

The girls swooned again and wondered who was his bestie was from among the crowd.

"Chingu, love your jagiya, and make sure he does not hurt you. If your jagiya hurt you, I will go after him,"  he said in a joke.

Shin Hye nodded in happiness because Jong Hyun was still willing to be her bestfriend. He began to sing a song with his guitar, and Shin Hye shed some tears to realize that he was actually giving her a formal farewell to his feelings for her.

geureol geomnida ijeul geomnida oneulbuteo nan
geudaeran saram moreuneun geobnida hanbeondo bon jeok eomneun geobnida
gireul geotdagado seuchin jeok eomneun
gwaenchanseumnida ijeossseumnida bappeun ilsange haengbokhajyo
geunsahae boineun saramdo mannago

sarangi da geureochyo sigani gamyeon huimihaejyeo
gieokjocha hal sudo eopgetjyo Oh

sarangi gamyeon ddo dareun sarangi dasi ol geomnida kkok geureol geomnida
jigeumeun apado jogeumman jinamyeon amul geomnida
geureol geomnida ijeul geomnida nado geureol geomnida

eoryeopjin anhayo oneulman apeumyeon modeun ge ichyeojil geomnida
dallajin ilsange eosaekhal ppunijyo Oh~ NO

sarangi da geureochyo sigani gamyeon huimihaejyeo
gieokjocha hal sudo eopgetjyo geureochyo~

sarangi gamyeon ddo dareun sarangi dasi ol geomnida kkok geureol geomnida
jigeumeun apado jogeumman jinamyeon amul geomnida
geureol geomnida ijeul geomnida nado geureol geomnida

modu jioul geomnida
kkot geureol geobnida

sarangi gamyeon ddo dareun sarangi dasi ol geomnida kkok geureol geomnida
nunmuri heulleodo jogeumman jinamyeon useul geomnida
geureol geomnida (ijen) ijeul geomnida (ijen) sangcheoga amul deut..
geureol geomnida geureol geomnida ijeul geomnida

 

(I will forget you. Starting today,
I don’t know you. I have never seen you.
We never even walked pass eachother.
I’m okay. I forgot everything. I’m happy with my busy life.
I’ve met a great person too.

Love is always like this. It fades away after some time.
Can’t even remember it, Oh.

# When love goes away, another love comes again. It definitely will.
Even if it hurts now, it will heal a little later.
It will forget. I will too.

It’s not difficult. I will forget everything after today.
I’m just getting used to my changed life. Oh~ No.

Love is always like this. It fades away after some time.
Can’t even remember it. Yes~

# REPEAT

I will erase everything.
I definitely will.

When love goes away, another love comes again. It definitely will.
Even if tears fall now, I will smile a little later.
I will (now) forget you (now). Just like a wound heals…
I will. I will. I will forget you.)

 

After the song, the crowd cheered, but Shin Hye wiped her tears. Amidst the cheer, she heard Jong Hyun talking to her.

"Letting go of a love is painful... but moving on will definitely come in time..."

*****

June 14, Kiss Day in South Korea.

Shin Hye was busy selling her papers as usual, when Yong Hwa came in with his friends, and he was bringing along a guitar. His friends was bringing his gifts of roses and chocolates for her, and it was unusual because Rose Day (May 14) was already done, and chocolates for a girl was supposed to be given on White Day. The others crooned in awe at the cuteness that the people went into explosive nosebleeds.

"Are you expecting someone else to do this for you, nae jagiya?" he asked her.

"Ah, no, of course not," she said.

Yong Hwa began to strum the guitar, and he sang a song for her.

 

I love you, you know that I do
What can I do to find the truth?
You know I love you, forever and ever
We'll be together and I'll do it all just for you

From the first time I saw you you had my heart
I didn't know how to talk to you, I didn't know how to start
Two weeks later I saw you again
My heart was beating faster it was adrenaline

Your eyes, your smile and your beautiful face
You caught me in the act and I thought I lost the race
Let me tell you that I'm shivering inside
I wanna hold your hand, I wanna hold you tight

Please be with me, my love so deep
What can I do to be with you?

I love you, you know that I do
What can I do to find the truth?
You know I love you, forever and ever
We'll be together and I'll do it all just for you

Sitting in the room waiting by my phone
Drivin' on the tour bus, can't wait to come home
Miles and miles between the two of us
I need you girl or my heart will burst

I know, it's hard for you when I'm far away
But every single hour and every single day
I think of you in a special way
I love you girl in my heart you'll stay

Please be with me, my love so deep
What can I do to be with you?

I love you, you know that I do
What can I do to find the truth?
You know I love you, forever and ever
We'll be together and I'll do it all

I love you, you know that I do
What can I do to find the truth?
You know I love you, forever and ever
We'll be together and I'll do it all

I love you, you know that I do
What can I do to find the truth?
I love you, forever and ever
We'll be together and I'll do it all just for you

This goes out to
All the lovers outside
If you once find the right person
Never let her go away

 

Shin Hye was all smiles from ear to ear upon hearing his song. Even his cohorts were smiling like idiots when their leader was being cheesy for a girl.

"It's not bad, is it?" Min Hyuk said.

"It is rather cute," Hong Ki said, aegyo style.

Jin Woon saw the teacher standing by the door, so he got out and distracted the teacher.

"Ssaem, er, there is a show going on, so can you teach me all about your lesson for today?" Jin Woon said.

"Mwo? Why are you guys here?" the teacher asked. "Are you and Yong Hwa not in the same section? You are not of this section, right?"

"Ne, Ssaem, but as I have said, there is a show going on," Jin Woon convinced the teacher.

But the teacher insisted, so he shoved the tall lad and got inside. He saw Yong Hwa serenading Shin Hye, and because of the cuteness, he went into explosive nosebleeds and went to the college clinic for first aid.

After the song, Yong Hwa got near his girl and held her face in front of everybody (including her bestfriend).

"May I kiss you?" he asked.

Shin Hye realized that both of them had not have their first kiss yet.

"Go ahead," she said.

"Ehm, before you kiss, we will give the presents first," Min Hyuk suggested.

Yong Hwa shot a hot glance at his henchman, who melted in fright.

"Mianhae, Hyung..."

Yong Hwa got the flowers and the chocolates and gave it to her.

"Ah.... gomawo.... I can sell the chocolates," she said.

"Mwo????" Yong Hwa asked in anger.

"I will buy the chocolates!" the girls shouted.

"I will buy the roses!" the guys said.

Shin Hye got frightened at the stampede that she ran out of the room.

****

She saw that her classmates did not follow her to her locker, so she heaved a sigh as she leaned.

"Ah.... gomapda," she said. "I was scared to death."

Yong Hwa came up to her.

"Why did you run away?" he asked.

Shin Hye stood up straight.

"Mianhae... I did not want to sell your gifts," she apologized.

"Gwaenchanha," he said. "Min Hyuk and Hong Ki stole them and handed them to Jin Woon for safekeeping."

Shin Hye wiped her forehead and slumped to the floor. Yong Hwa knelt in front of her and held her face again.

"May I kiss you?" he asked.

Shin Hye nodded and closed her eyes. Yong Hwa leaned forward, then planted a soft, gentle, and innocent kiss upon her lips. She kissed him back with all the sweetness she could give him. After the kiss, he greeted her.

"Happy Kiss Day," he said.

"Ne, Happy Kiss Day too," she answered back.

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next: YongShin and Hongstar)

 

~~~~