Have You Ever?

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

A/N: Shin Hye and Yong Hwa as themselves, but events not the same as in real life (especially their schedules).

*****

Shin Hye's POV

Have you encountered one person in instances when you least expect it?

I am not talking about seeing each other in a bus or train. It is predictable, especially if both of you are heading the same direction. I am not talking about seeing each other in school, church, or at work, especially if both of you have the same interest, religion, or happen to be in the same building. I am not talking about seeing your grandparents' neighbor whom you seldom see in the province.

I am talking about meeting someone in the airport.

I was flying to Japan for a flight because I will be having an FM there. While waiting for my flight, I was sipping coffee and lazily watching the people coming and going. Manager Jun-oppa was busy while talking with someone over the phone. And that was when I saw Jung Yong Hwa.

He and I starred in two dramas together, and I had to admit, I kinda like him. I would not call him Bulmae Jung if I did not find him attractive. I do not know how he felt for me, but I had a crush on him.

And up to now, I still do.

His boyish smile contrasted much to his muscle man image. He looks so yummy... so luscious... so tempting... so delightful...so hot...so manly...that thinking such thoughts about him was too forbidden... wrong and yet so right. He considers me as his friend, but due to schedule conflicts, our connection seems to drift apart. We had not communicated in a while after "Heartstrings." As of that moment, he was talking to someone over the phone, and it was not my intention to listen. He was near, not realizing my manager and I were near. To my surprise, I know whom he was talking to.

He was talking to his girlfriend, SNSD's maknae, Seohyun, his wife in the program "We Got Married." Eversince their relationship turned real, their fans rejoiced everywhere. I was fond of SNSD and in fact, other groups. I have a lot of friends in the industry. But shy Yong Hwa, who had less friends, had bagged the girl of Korea's resident girl group.

To my astonishment, and I did not understand why, I resented it that both of them got to be a couple. I kept thinking to myself what was not in me that he saw in Seohyun. In terms of iness, I am also y. I just do not have her long legs. And I prefer my guy to be taller than me. In terms of beauty, I am beautiful too.

It is just sad that my love for Yong Hwa is unrequited.

Things were unexpected, however, that I realized that Yong Hwa was arguing with Seohyun over the phone. He was talking to her about having to find an excuse to give Han-sajangnim to fly to Paris where SNSD is having their concert series. I feel bad for Yong Hwa, having to get burdened over a demand when his schedule is as tight as a fist. It was Min Hyuk who often called me and told me that they were hanging on despite their busy schedules. It would be enough proof for Seohyun to see that if Min Hyuk was stressed out, how much more the leader?

I looked at him sadly, wishing that it was me he chose. As I gazed at him sadly while sipping my coffee, he suddenly turned around and saw me. He was a bit pissed off with his girlfriend, but he managed to wave at me. I smiled and nodded at him. And as if he did not realize it, he was staring back at me. My eyes grew wide that I had to bow slightly and take my gaze off him. I finished my coffee in a jiffy and stood up, playing cool as I walked to the trash bin to throw my coffee cup.

And Manager Jun-oppa called me and told me that it is almost time for our flight. When I turned around, Yong Hwa was gone, and all I had to remember, to freeze that moment, was his boring gaze at me...

My heart was still fluttering, beating hard...

 

Yong Hwa's POV

My bandmates and I were flying to Indonesia for some concert series, and I was at the airport, waiting for the flight. Jung Shin and Jong Hyun were so tired that they fell asleep on some seats. Min Hyuk was killing time playing some games in his iPhone. My phone rang and I had to pick up the call. It was from my girlfriend, Seohyun.

She said she was feeling lonely in Paris without me, because as a romantic city, it would be better for me to be there. I told her that she and the rest of the girls could walk around Paris, and I could hear Taeyeon at the background, telling her not to bug me. But Seohyun was demanding, telling me to come to Paris after our concert series. As if the concert series would end then and there! By the time CN Blue's concerts were over, SNSD would be back to Korea again. So, she was just being unreasonable.

I was arguing heavily with her on the phone. When I turned my back, I was astonished to see my old friend, Park Shin Hye. It was a surprise to see her here. I did not know she also had a flight. I could not hold my temper, but I could not be rude to a friend, so I waved at her. She bowed at me and smiled, then later, she bowed again and stood up to go and throw the coffee cup in the trash bin.

I was feeling so irritated already that Seohyun was still demanding me to come over to Paris. In my irritation, I walked away to continue talking with her on the phone. Then, Min Hyuk told me that it is already time for our flight, so I said goodbye to my sweetheart and hung up the phone. Min Hyuk woke up the other guys so we could get going.

 

*****

A few months after, Shin Hye was escorted by a flight stewardess to the business section, and she and her manager followed. She looked out the window as she sat, her thoughts coming and going.

"Annyeong?" a familiar voice greeted her.

She turned to see a pair of warm eyes accented by a boyish toothy grin. Her heart fluttered to see someone whom she never expected to meet on an unexpected place as an airport, much less, an airplane. She did not expect to see him again in an unexpected place and time.

"B... Bulmae Jung!" she greeted with a smile.

His heartwarming smile melted her heart like sun to butter. Yong Hwa greeted Manager Oppa, who was sitted in front. Then, he sat down beside Shin Hye and sighed.

"Eotteohke jinaesyeosseo (How have you been)?" he asked with a smile.

"Jal jinae (I am doing well)," she said back with a smile. "Yong Hwa do jinaesyeosseo?"

"Na do jinae," he said with a smile.

Then, he asked her.

"Eodi ga (Where are you going)?" he asked.

"Tokyo-e ga (To Tokyo)," she said. "And you?"

"Na do Tokyo-e ga (I'm going to Tokyo too)!" he said excitedly.

Shin Hye craned her neck to look for the rest of the guys.

"Where are the guys?" she asked.

"Jong Hyun and the guys will follow this afternoon," he said with a smile. "Han-sajangnim gave us a vacation, and I am relieved."

Shin Hye smiled.

"That's a relief indeed."

She never expected to talk to him after all these months of not talking with each other. Her cheeks flushed when he smiled back at her. Then, she told him about their last encounter at the airport.

"Ah, geurae?" he asked in surprise. "You were there?"

Shin Hye was crestfallen.

"Geurae! You even waved at me while you were arguing with Seohyun-ssi over the phone," she pouted. "You did not realize that Manager Oppa and I were close by."

"Mianhae, I forgot," he said.

Then Yong Hwa's smile suddenly weakened.

"I missed Seohyun," he said. "But the next day in our stay in Indonesia, I broke up with her. I was fed up with her demanding ways. She cannot expect me to follow her whims at all times."

Shin Hye's heart weakened when he related how he and Seohyun broke up. She just wanted to hug him and tell him that she wanted to comfort him. Then, he sadly looked at her.

"Thanks for listening to me, Avant Hye," he said.

He looked deeply into her eyes, wondering why her eyes glimmered like she had some hidden thoughts.

"Gwaenchanha?" he whispered.

She nodded.

"Ne, ne," she said. "I will listen to you whatever your troubles are... whatever you say, I will listen."

"Mianhada," he said. "For not contacting you, mianhada."

She nodded and told him it was all right. She told him Min Hyuk had been updating her about them.

"I promise to contact you," he said to her.

"I will wait," she said with a pout. "I will wait for it, Bulmae Jung. If not, you are so dead."

Yong Hwa let out a laugh.

"You always make me feel better, Shin Hye-ya. You make me feel that I am important. You will make an ideal girlfriend," he said.

He saw her cheeks flushed, so he smiled and pinched her cheeks.

"You are so cute," he whispered.

Then, the plane started to move along the runway.

****

Along the way, the two of them were whispering while talking to avoid disturbing the other passengers. They talked about things gone by and all the silly nonsense while making a world of their own.

Finally, the plane landed in Tokyo, and all the passengers got down the plane and walked to the airport. CN Blue and Shin Hye bid each other goodbye, and Yong Hwa walked forward to hug Shin Hye.

"I'll miss you," he whispered.

From behind, the three boys looked at each other with startled appearances. They did not know what had happened during the flight. Then, Shin Hye pulled him close and rubbed his back.

"I hope we can meet again, Bulmae Jung," she whispered sweetly.

Her voice made him smile. She was infinite times better than Seohyun. Shin Hye was sweet and caring and willing to listen. Finally, she walked away with her manager and bid them goodbye.

"Hyung, gaja," Jong Hyun said thoughtfully.

As the guys walked away, Yong Hwa turned to see her, and he was astonished that she turned around to see him as well. As they got farther apart, they saw smiles on each other's faces.

Shin Hye's POV

I hope I will be yours, Yong Hwa.

 

Yong Hwa's POV

I want to get to know you more. And in time, I will make you mine...

 

You set it again, my heart's in motion
Every word feels like a shooting star
I'm at the edge of my emotions
Watching the shadows burning in the dark

And I'm in love
And I'm terrified
For the first time and the last time
In my only life

 

~~~~END~~~~

Up next, some more random YongShin fics ^_^... By the way, requests for one shots is open.

 

~~~~