Flashback

Imperfection

Her POV: 

I woke up laying in a cornerstone in the middle of a graveyard in the high mountains.

"Where am I? How did I end up here?" I mumbled weakly. I tried so hard to remember the simplest details of my life, my name, my family, my home.

Nothing.

My head started hurting like it was put on fire. The pain was excruciating causing me to scream, but no one seemed to have heard me. I stuggled in the dirt until sleep befell me.

I woke up yet again, thinking it was a dream. I sat up on a warm bed, looked out of the small window in the corner of the room, it was snowing.

"This must be my house right? Why do I not have any memory of it?" I thought. Just than, the door to the small room opened.

"Oh, you're awake!" a man in his late 40s greeted me, he was holding a tray with some food, it looked appetising. My stomach made a loud growl.

The man chuckled, "You must be starving huh? Here, have some congee and kimchi." he passed me the tray. I was a bit sceptical, who is this man and how is he related to me. I can't eat something given to me by this stranger!

"W-who are you? A-and who am I?" the words just slipped out of my mouth.

At first the man looked a bit shocked but he resumed his frame.

"I'm your appa, don't you recognise me? And you're....... Seonmin,"

I suddenly screamed, a pain shot through my head along with words.

It's too much of a trouble! Drop her of here!!

The voices kept repeating in my head.

Drop her of here. Drop her of here. Drop her of here.

I closed my eyes tightly, i wanted the voices to stop. 

"Seonmin-ah, seonmin? Are you okay?" appa said as he hugged me tightly to calm me down.

Appa's voice interrupted the voices and they stopped. At least for the time being. Appa let go of me and and a spoon of poridge appeared before me.

"Ahhhh." Appa imitated and put the poridge into my mouth as I opened it.

Appa's POV:

I was on the mountains picking some herbs. It was mid-afternoon and the weather reports showed that it was going to snow today. The skies were overcast. I should make my way home. I picked up my basket of ginseng and cordyceps and made my way downhill where my house is located.

To be exact, I lived at the foot of this mountain. As I strolled, I heard a weird sound coming from downhill. Must be some hunters hunting, I brushed of the noise and continued my journey home. After walking for less than a minute, I heard another weird noise, this time a scream. It seemed nearer and sounded like a human.

A shiver ran down my spine, as I travelled towards the scream. It seemed to be coming from the graveyard. at the side of the mountain. Many people have reported strange sightings at this graveyard but for all my years picking herbs, I've never seen or heard anything. Not even a stir.

I continued approching the sound which has suddenly stopped. I walked through the entrance and a streak of lightning spilt the sky into two followed by the roar of thunder. This is a warning, five minutes, i'm only going to stay here for five minutes. Lucily the the cemetary was small, I ran between the gravestones looking for the source of the screams. I rounded the place once but no sight of the sound. The second time, I spotted something. No, more like someone.

There was this girl in a dress in flower prints, she looked very young, around 9-12. She was lying on the ground and was not moving. On her head was a stream of blood, it led up to the gravestone she was next to.

I-is she d-dead?

I put a finger onto her neck to feel her pulse. It was strained, I need to help her. I lifted her into my arms easily and ran out of the graveyard. Snowflakes were already settling on my arm.

"Jungshin! Come and help me!" I called as I pulled open the door.

My only son came running out and helping me with the basket. "Brew her a cup of ginseng tea!" I ordered as I settled her on the empty sofa.

I got the guest room bed ready and transferred her there. Jungshin entered the room with the cup of steaming hot tea in his hands.

"Appa, who is she?" Jungshin enquired.

"A girl I found on the mountains. Go prepare dinner and some porridge for her," he ordered and blew at the tea to cool it down before feeding it to the unconscious girl. She reminded me so much of Seonmin, my daughter who had died from chronic lung disease when she was 5.

I cleaned her wound and left the room with the empty cup of tea and had my dinner and returned to the room again with her porridge. This time, she was awake.

"Oh, you're awake!" she looked at me and to the food. I heard her stomach vaguely growl.

"You must be starving huh? Here, have some congee and kimchi ." I put the tray on her lap.

"W-who are you? A-and who am I?"  

What? She lost her memory?

At the spur of the moment, I claimed that she was my daughter, Seonmin.

She screamed. Her hands clutched her head. I hugged her tightly and tried to comfort her. She did feel like Seonmin. Heaven granted me a second daughter and I will treasure her.

"Seonmin-ah, seonmin? Are you okay?"  her spasms stopped at my voice. I let go of her immediately and fed her her congee.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Made the connection? secret girl is Seonmin. long long chappie

comment comment~