A Fallen Angel

Guardian Angel To Be

I waited…

And waited…

And waited again…

I ate a cake…

And waited a little more…

 “So,” I started to say to the Seraph guard. “Do you like working here?”

He looked down at me, like if he had not noticed me. And smiled widely, turning him cute. “Yes! I like it very much! Are you waiting for someone?”

“Yes, about an hour ago…here… in the same spot… in front of you…” -_-U

“Oh,” he smiled again and looked straight ahead once more. That was it? No “hey are you bored? Want to go in and have a peek?”

I made a face and got back to my business, which was waiting and getting bored to death. Not that I could die again but if I was alive I would have probably been about some minutes earlier.

Suddenly Peter came out. “I have talk to them.”

“And?” I asked anxiously.

“AND they said yes…”

“Yeah, woohoo! I will go to earth!”

“But…”

“Where do I get those orb thingies for my head? How will we make my wings bigger?”

“BUT!”

“But? Not a but, buts are bad,” I said worriedly.

“BUUUUT you have to prove yourself to be worthy.”

“How do I do that?”  ‘:\

“You have a task.”

“What sort of task?”

“You will have to go down to earth and guard five young men.”

“Five!”

“Yes, you see, they will get into a car accident.” He checked his watch. “About 12pm tommorow.”

“Tomorrow will be in a few minutes. So all I have to do is save them! Like a Guardian Angel! Okay I get it I will be on my way then,” I turned.

Going somewhere, Chunsa?” asked Peter. I turned back.

”To earth?” I said puzzled.

Hooooooooow?”

“Youuuu are about to tell me how!”

“You will not be going without listening to what you have to do.”

“I got it! I go down, save them and then I get my big girl wings.”

“Not precisely. You… go down, save them, become their friend and then the five of them must admit OUTLOUD and THRUTHFULLY that you are a good Guardian Angel.”

“You gotta be kidding me!” >o<

“Guardian Angels don’t just protect a life, they protect souls and that means they keep them clean. You have to prove you have changed them in some way, for the better, and we will know you have when they can see it themselves.”  

“That’s the only way?!?!”

“Take it or go learn the flute.”

I stared at him, this holy man was trying to make me back off. I never back off!!!

“Alright,” I said. “I will do it. Who are they?”

He opened his great papyrus. “Choi Minho, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, Lee Jinki and Lee Taemin. Save them and you earn the big wings.”

I repeated the names under my breath. “Fine, let’s do this.”

“Now, listen well. Your powers are to be used only for good deeds and at the appropriate moment and…” his voice was deeper and harsher. More majestic one could say.

“What if I…?”

“Don’t interrupt child! It’s a few things… AND as I was saying, down there you may not speak to anyone but the five boys. You cannot be seen but remember those with pure soul can see you even if you use your power. You cannot lie at any moment. You cannot intervene in other mortal matters that are not the ones of the five boys and you have a week to complete your task-”

"Just a week?" O.o

"God created the earth in a week"

"Dear Peter one should never compare oneself to God."  ~(^-^)~

He glared at me again. "You have until Christmas Eve then.”

“Christmas Eve? That’s…” I magically puffed out a calendar “On ten days!!!”

“And you are starting today! Have a happy travel!"

He pointed at me and with his finger he poked my shoulder and I felt the sensation of being pulled down, like suddenly the fluffy cloud I stood on had gained a great force of gravity. I fell down and crossed the clouds. I bent my wings and engulfed myself as if to protect myself. I saw flashy lights and my surroundings started to change from the bright blue sky at Eden to a normal not so cool blue.

I fell…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The SHINee boys: Kim Jonghyun, Choi Minho, Lee Taemin, Lee Jinki (aka Onew) and Kim Kibum (aka Key) were getting into a car, it was twelve thirty and it was snowing. It was cold and they all thought about the same thing: bed. Onew was drowsier than anyone else. He had done a show the night before and they had no promise of healthy sleep today.

“What’s that?!” said Taemin pointing to something big and white falling from the sky.

“Snow?” said Key like if he was saying duh! He looked at it better. “Wait, that’s too big.”

“A snow man…” said Onew yawning. He was too drowsy to be rational.

“Doesn’t it look like a heart?” asked Minho too seriously so it didn’t actually sound awkward.

“A skinny one,” said Jonghyun.

“Weird…” said Taemin softly.

Key pulled out his phone and took a picture. The thing kept falling until it was not visible because of the buildings. After a little second the floor started to move under their feet. They tried to hold on to anything, to a pole, to the car, to each other…

But the earthquake lasted no more than five seconds.

“What the hell?” exclaimed Minho. He helped Taemin up who fell, sitting on the floor since he found nothing to hold on too.

Jonghyun was still clenching his fist at Key’s sweater. He noticed and let go awkwardly. Key adjusted his ruffled sweater and passed his fingers through his hair like a fabulous diva.

“That was very strange,” said Onew trying to get his balance. “Guys, are you all okay?”

There was a couple of 'yeah' and soft 'sure'. Out of the building came the agitated manager. “Dongsaengs! Are you alright?”

Another not unified chorus of yes came out of their mouths. Except for Key who was looking at the photo he took early…

“Where those feathers flowing out the white, heart shaped thing?”

Of course none of them knew that falling down the sky, at the beginning of that day, was their Guardian Angel to be.