Surprise?

Accident Prone

5 days ago...

Jiyong's POV

 

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Messed my hair up a little bit and adjusted my white T-shirt.

Okay, perfect.

 

I grabbed my car keys and headed for the door. I'm going to our usual place, TOP's house, to ask them for something. I looked at my watch. I have 5 more hours to do this. While driving, my phone beeped. And as I expected it's from her.

 

Dara:

     See you later! :)

 

I smiled but then a feeling of nervousness suddenly filled me. It's Dara's  birthday today. For sure she's expecting something special from me and my plans? Zero. None at all. I haven't planned anything yet. I don't really like doing cheesy stuffs, and I don't know what to do, so now I'm going to ask my friends for help.

 

--

 

TOP grabbed five bottles of beer and placed it on the table.

"Okay, I know you need something, spill it," TOP said knowingly.

"You always know things, can you read minds?" Youngbae interrupted.

"No, I just have something like...what do you call it?..."he paused for a moment then snapped his fingers.

"...Woman's intuition! Yes, that one!" TOP said with full glee.

"So you're a woman now, hyung?" Seungri snapped back.

"Of course not! Can't a man have intuitions too?!" TOP argued.

 

The room was suddenly filled with loud sounds of laughter but then everyone fell silent waiting for me to say something.

 

"Don't you have any 'intuitions' to what I'm about to ask you?" I said, mocking TOP hyung.

"Hmmm...wait. Wait. Let me think.." TOP held his hands up while his eyes are closed.

"Stop it, hyung, it's annoying!" Daesung said, throwing a pillow at TOP.

"What? Ji asked for it. I'm just testing my intuition," he then stucked his tongue out.

"Okay, guys. I badly need your help," I looked at them carefully waiting for their response.

"About what?" Seungri asked.

"Dara"

 

There was silence and TOP's laugh broke it, and everyone followed. Well, except for me. I'm hopeless at this point in time. Dara might kill me for not preparing anything. After a while, everybody's done laughing but TOP. The guys glared at him, telling him that we should start getting serious.

 

"Okay, I'm stopping," he said and inhaled deeply before asking me, "What is it lover boy?"

"Well, you see...It's Dara's birthday today and.." I stop midsentence then bit my lip. I hesitated whether I should finish my sentence. They won't laugh this time, right? Am I even asking the right guys?

"And?" Seungri asked curiously.

"And I haven't planned on anything special to celebrated it with her," I sighed.

"That's all? Pshh..dude, you can just take her out for dinner then buy her a gift," TOP said sheepishly.

"But Dara's actually expecting a surprise," I said.

I shouldn't have told her that I'll be having a grand surprise for her when actually I have nothing in mind. Last week, I was so busy with work and she suddenly called on the phone in the middle of my meeting, reminding me that her birthday is coming. 

Like I would forget about her birthday.

 

*Flashback*

 

"Yah! It's my birthday next week. Dont. You. Forget. About. That!" she said. With the way she speaks I know that at the other end of the line, she's pouting. I laughed.

"And what's so funny Mr. Kwon Jiyong?" she asked.

"You're a cute little girl," I said not really answering her question.

"Don't you make fun of me," but I heard her giggled. 

"Of course, I wouldn't forget about it."

"You better show me something good on that day," she answered childishly.

"Don't worry, I already planned something BIG for your birthday,"

 

She shouted with excitement. I actually feel like I am talking to a kid.

 

"Why did you tell me? It won't be a surprise anymore," 

 

See? I told you, she's still a little girl, a cute one.

 

"Then forget I said that. Now sleep, okay? Bye." I hanged up before she could even respond. I put my phone down, oblivious of the fact that I was smiling. I saw the people inside the room looking at me. And the smile immediately fade away as I cleared my throat and went on with the meeting.

 

*End*

 

"Gosh, Jiyong. You shouldn't have told her that if you don't have any plans," Daesung said.

"Beats me," I said and just shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe she won't be really expecting a surprise? I'm sure she'll understand it. I mean Dara's nice and all," TOP assured me.

 

Well he has a point. Everyone nodded slightly.

 

"Well, what if she's expecting something? And I would kind of feel bad if I won't do anything,"

"It's your girlfriend, Ji. Not ours. You know her more than us. So you shouldn't be asking us." Youngbae said.

 

What did I just hear? I was kind of puzzled by Bae's words. What does he mean? And as if reading my mind he answered..

"What she likes and dislikes, what she wants. No one knows it better in this room than you. Besides, you're Jiyong. You can do anything." he laughed at the last sentence.

 

Then the answer hit me. Yes! Why didn't I think of that? A smirk slowly formed in my lips as I ran out of the room. 

 

 

-----

well, sorry for being such a cliff hanger. huhu. I'm really not a good writer. So please bear with me. You are free to unsubscribe if you don't like it. I accept criticisms too. 

Hope you like it.

Thanks for reading! :)