Don't die on me

Accident Prone

*End of flashback*

 

Jiyong's POV

 

I closed her notebook. As much as I want to read tge next entiies she wrote, I stopped. These are happy moments and I should be feeling happy. But why do I feel pain instead? All I managed to do is smile but a force tugging on my chest won't fade away. How do you expect me to be happy when the girl who wrote these things is just a few room away from me. Lying on a bed, wearing a hospital gown with lots of tubes connected to her. And most of all, she's unconscious. The only thing that assures us that she's alive is the sound of that machine that shows the rate of her heartbeat.

My thoughts were cut when I felt someone grabbed the notebook from my hands. I looked up and it was TOP, giving me a serious look.

"We'll figure these things out later, go ahead," he motioned for me to go outside the room.

The guys patted me on the back and we all went out the room.

"We'll wait here outside in case you need us or something," Daesung assured me.

I smiled slightly and took a step toward Dara's door. I took a hold of the doorknob and exhaled deeply.

I opened the door and there she was sleeping so soundly. But it was a sight to take. I felt like the air from my lungs was taken out. I couldn't breathe. I stepped closer, my feet becoming heavier at each step. I can feel tears are threatening to fall, stinging my eyes.

"I'm...I-I'm sorry," I heard myself say.

I reached for her hand and squeezed it, hoping that it will somehow wake her up. I squeezed it again, but this time tightly and brought it to one of my cheeks. Her soft and smooth hands. I miss this. I miss her.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you," I said and finally let go of the tears I've been holding back. Both of my hands held her hand tightly and closed my eyes.

 

"It's okay," I heard a faint voice said. 

I immediately opened my eyes and looked at Dara. She had her eyes open too, and she gave me a weak smile. She's awake! I smiled back.

"I love..." she whispered getting teary-eyed, "you, Ji...so much," she smiled again as a tear quickly fell down. Then she shut her eyes closed.

 

BEEEEEPPPPPPP!!!!

 

I looked at the machine behind me. I never thought tat the sight of a straight line would hurt greater than being stabbed for a hundred times. I never thought I'd hate seeing a damn straight line. The numbers below that line were dropping too.

My eyes were wide in shock and quickly clicked the button for emergency. And I rushed outside and the guys were alarmed with my expression. 

"Where the are the nurses?!!!" I shouted as loud as possible.

Two nurses and a doctor came running to the room and I followed inside, so did the guys. I saw the doctor checking her pulse and pulled a defibrillator.

(a/n: that machine that they use to revive a person, that thing with two iron looking thing, I searched for it and that's what it's called ^^)

He adjusted something and gave the two iron looking thing to one of the nurses.

"One, two, three!!" Bzzt!

I saw her body came in contact with the thing and she bounced back to her bed. I didn't realize I was screaming and the guys were holding me back from going near Dara.

"!! Do something!!!" I said and gripped on Seungri's arms very tightly. I don't know if his hurt face is because of Dara's situation or my strong grip on him.

"Higher," the doctor announced and adjusted the current to be given to her again.

"One, two, three!" Bzzt!! And still no signs of life from Dara.

 

"Don't die on me, Dara. Please, don't die on me," I murmured.

 

"Higher," again. And Dara's body bounced back on her bed again, and that annoying beeping sound is still there and it's starting to hurt my ear.

The doctor looked at me sadly and bowed his head a bit.

"We're very sorry. We did all that we can," he said with full sympathy.

"No!!! No, you didn;t you bastard!!! Do something!!" I said angrily. "She cannot die!!! She...cannot...die," I slowly said in between my sobs.

 

It hurts. And there it is that annoying machine that showed her heartbeat. That damn straight line I dreaded the most, slicing through my chest. And I looked below it and it showed me 0.

"She's gone, she's gone," I whispered. My knees starting to feel weak. I fell down and I tried to scream but it hurt so much no sound is coming out. I clutched my chest so hard as if to take out the pain that's eating me. I tried to scream once more as my tears fell nonstop. It was the most quiet yet most deafening scream I've ever done.

 

I felt myself jerked and opened my eyes. I was catching my breath and my vision all blurred from my tears. Slowly, I recognized the figure in front of me and I realized I've been holding on to her hand.

Dara's sleeping form, still in that hospital gown.

I sighed deeply knowing that she's still alive.

Bad dream, eh?

I kissed her forehead and settled myself beside her as I drifted back to sleep.

 

 

"Did you have a bad dream again? I'm sorry I can't hug you and tell you "it's alright, it's just a bad dream". I'm sorry I can't hold you in my arms to take all those bad dreams. I'm sorry if you're having a hard time seeing me this way. It hurts to see you in pain too. Please, please ba patient and strong. Please do wait for me. I'll come back, Jiyong. I promise you, I'll come back." Dara murmured to herself as she's standing beside her bed, looking at Jiyong and at her lifeless body. She cried and tried to hold Ji's hair but her hands just went through it.

 

I wish you can hear me, Ji. I wish you can see me too. Just please wait for me.

 

Jiyong woke up and suddenly looked around as if looking for something.

"I thought someone was here," he said.

 

Dar smiled slightly, and another fell down from her beautiful eyes.

 

I miss you.

 

Jiyong then squeezed the hand of Dara's lifeless body and decided to leave. He turned the know and gave one last glimpse at Dara and left.

 

 

----

I do hope you get the picture of Dara's situation ahahaha!!! I decided to go on with this and just put whatever I have on mind I won't care if you'll hate me huhuhu Love y'all >:D< Happy Holidays!!! \o/