The recording studio!

Free Falling

 

I slowly walked to the recording studio. I wasn’t scared but I was nervous. I knocked on the door and heard someone say “come in!”. I opened the door and popped my head in, then the rest of my body. 
“Annyeong!” I said and bowed. I saw him get up from his chair and bow.
“Annyeong! Jin Jae right?” he asked in English. Oh so I’m guessing he either speaks English or YG told him that I spoke fluent English and he’s trying to impress me. Let’s see! 
“Yeah but you can call me JJ or Ginger!” I replied in English. He nodded.
“Oh ok cool! Have a seat! And let’s talk!” he said in English again. 
“So, you speak English fluently, I see.” I said in Korean, looking at all the equipment.
“Haha yeah, I heard you spoke fluent English so I wanted to test you!” he laughed. He seemed really easy going. Immediately I relaxed around him!
“Oh, so do I pass?” I asked once again in English. He gave me a thumbs up.
“Yup!” 
 
“I’ve heard a lot about you!” Teddy said handing me a water.
“I’ve heard about you too. What have you heard exactly, though.” I asked curiously.
“Well, I’ve heard about your tongue. You speak a lot of languages! I’ve also seen some the drama’s you aired on. You were pretty interesting. I’ve seen some of your fashion designs. They were really unique! Also, since I have never really worked with Free Fall, rumor around here has it that you write your own music.” 
“Wow, umm, well I speak quite a few languages, yes. Thanks, I never really considered myself a good actress. I don’t know if you consider unique good but thanks anyway. And yes I do write the music for the group!”  
“Wow, a pretty talented girl I must say!” We laughed and our conversation went to the music portion.
 
He asked me to sing in front of him and I did and he got inspiration, apparently. We started to crate a song and by the time we were done with the rough, it was 5. 
“Let’s go over it one more time!” Teddy Oppa said into the microphone. 
“Arrasso!” I said in the booth. I sang through the song, putting passion into it. This song was a break up song from a friends point of view. 
“Perfect! Thanks! I think this might be your first solo piece!” he said. 
I high fived him and sat next to him listening to the song. It wasn’t bad, actually it was good if I do say so myself.
 
Suddenly, the door opened and Ji Yong oppa walked in. 
“Annyeong!” Teddy oppa and I both said. Ji Yong seemed shocked to see me.
 
“Annyeong! Jin Jae! What are you doing here?” He asked and sat next to me. I felt a little embarrassed for crying on him the other day. That totally wasn’t how I usually acted. 
“I came here to meet Teddy, but we ended up making a track.” I said and Ji Yong oppa laughed.
“Oh can I hear it?” I felt a little shy but agreed. 
 
“Wow that was really good! You have a nice voice!” he said.
“Kamsamnida!” I responded happily.
“Can I make a track with you?” he asked.
“I’d be honored!” I said enthusiastically. Teddy oppa laughed and ruffled my hair.
“Cute!”
“Oppa! My hair!” I squealed trying to tame my hair. When I looked at Ji Yong oppa he looked a little different. But when he saw me looking at him, he smiled. Wae-yo?
 
Ji Yong’s Point of View
 
I was a little jealous when Teddy ruffled Jin Jae’s hair. But really, WTF?! He was just ruffling her hair!
 
“What should the song be about?” Jin Jae asked snapping me back to reality.
“How about friends who become lovers?” I blurted. Oh smooth Ji! That’s not weird to say to someone who makes your heart pound!
“I like it!” she said confidently. She really must be the leader of Free Fall. 
We both started to write our lyrics and Teddy was snoozing on the couch. The plan was that Jin Jae would sing the 1st and 2nd verse from her point of view. Then the chorus part would come in and I’d sing verse 3 and 4. This time I would sing the chorus, changing up some words to fit the male role. After my chorus, Jin Jae jumps into a rap sequence and I rap after her part. We finish by singing both chorus’s.
 
“I’m done!” Jin Jae chirps. I finished my last sentence and hold my paper up,
“Same here.” 
“Let’s switch papers.” She proposed. I was worried mine wouldn’t be as good. WTH?! I’m the Kwon leader! I have to show I’m confident but not arrogant!
 
“Alright!” we switched papers. I kept glancing up at her to make sure she approved. I quickly finished hers, while she dwelled on every word. 
After a few minutes she smiled and approved.
“It’s extremely well written.” she complimented and passed it back to me. 
“Yours too!” I said stupidly, and passed hers back. I wanted to slap myself.
 
We woke up Teddy and recorded the song. He found a tune to the song and within an hour he finished it. All we had to do was record our voices. 
“Jin Jae! Are you ready?” Teddy hyung asked. She gave a cute thumbs up and the music started. She moved to the beat and the moment she started to sing, I was into her voice. There was so much passion. Before I knew it, her parts were over and I had to record mine.
I got up and headed into the booth. Teddy gave me the signal and I started to sing. Everything cleared my mind and the only thing I thought about was Jin Jae. After my part we kept switching back and forth. 
 
We finished the song and all that was left was to add the finishing touches.
“You guys should head back and sleep!” Teddy suggested. We both looked at the clock and saw it was 11. We nodded and said goodnight before leaving the recording studio.
 
Jin Jae got into the elevator after me. I feel like we’ve gotten closer. I pushed floor 13 since we were both on that floor. I checked my phone for any new messages, when I felt something hit my shoulder. I cautiously looked at it, afraid it might be one of those creatures from a horror movie. I see Jin Jae’s read hair flow down my shoulder. She was resting her head on my shoulder. 
 
My heartbeat raced. It felt like forever until I heard the elevator ding. Jin Jae’s head snapped up. She looked at me groggily.
“Oh, mianhe oppa! Good night!” she said and walked out of the elevator. How could she have my heart racing and then just leave me like it was nothing?
 
Jin Jae’s Point of View
 
As I left the elevator my face bombed. It was hot and red. I rushed to my room and without greeting the girls I ran to my room and shut and locked the door! OTTOKE LEE JIN JAE?! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? CRUSHING ON KWON JI YONG! KWON JI YONG! STOP IT! DON’T MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF! FIRST YOU CRIED ON HIM AND THEN YOU SLEEP ON HIS SHOULDER? ON THAT SAME SHOULDE TOO!
I screamed inside of my head, until I fell asleep that night! PABO!
 
 
 
Okay, this chapter is a mess! I'm sorry!
I'll change if you suggest it! 
Don't forget to comment and subscribe if you to read more about Lee Jae Jin!