Chapter 7

9 MONTHS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura sighed for the nth time. How he wished he had an answer to all these questions in his head but unfortunately, he didn’t. He felt helpless and worthless. Eunbi watched as Sakura seemed to be in deep thought. No matter what he had in his mind, she for sure would just agree. The last thing she wanted was for him to get hurt. Sakura drove them away from the hotel and stopped in front of a park where they found a nice bench to sit down. It wasn’t really dark since the number of lights around were good enough. Eunbi couldn’t take in the silence anymore.

 

“Kkura, what are we going to do?”

 

Sakura slowly turned around and faced her. To his surprise, Eunbi remained calm despite everything.

 

“I… I don’t know.”

 

His response somehow hurt her a little. He sounded like he was sure that he couldn’t stay with her. Yunjin would be his priority. Eunbi held back whatever sadness crept inside of her and put on her smiling face; for him. She gently placed her hand on his.

 

“I told you countless times before and I’m going to say it again. You don’t have to do this. We can still stop this marriage. I’ll talk to Daddy and if you want, I can talk to Uncle Hodong too. They’ll understand.”

 

“Eunbi…”

 

“You deserve to be happy, Sakura. Don’t worry about me.”

 

Eunbi didn’t wait for his replies and stood up. Sakura watched as she hugged her body in an attempt to cover her shivering body from the coldness night. She flashed him her warm smile.

 

“Let’s get you home.”

 

Eunbi held out her hand for him. Sakura never saw this side of Eunbi before. She didn’t even shed any tears despite the fact that he had hurt her too. He was not sure if he deserved this kindness from Eunbi. Watching Sakura being reluctant, Eunbi grabbed hold of his hand and helped him stand up before guided him back to his car. She took the car keys from Sakura and guided the guy inside the passenger side before she got into the driver’s seat and drove away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Neither of them moves the moment Eunbi stopped the car in front of her hotel. In her mind, she was constructing her plan on how she should tell her family about this. If the wedding was a week away, things would be easy, but it wasn’t. it was tomorrow. Sakura glanced to his side and saw Eunbi staring at her hands. He felt guilty watching her like this.

 

“Eunbi… I’m sorry.”

 

Eunbi slowly shook her head. Was it Sakura’s fault? It wasn’t. It was hers.

 

“It’s okay. I understand. I’ll talk to Daddy tomorrow. You should talk to Uncle too. We shouldn’t keep them in the dark.”

 

The moment she said it, Eunbi felt a single tear running down her left cheek. Lucky her, it was invisible from Sakura’s views. She quickly got out of his car and closed the door behind. Sakura watched as Eunbi walked away. He wanted to call her and say something, but he felt he was at fault. He didn’t deserve her. When Eunbi got behind the hotel glass door, Sakura climbed back to his seat and drove away. Eunbi clenched her fist, and more tears ran down her face, tears of a broken-hearted bride. A bride whose wedding would not happen tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minju covered with tears rolled down her cheeks. She didn’t find Eunbi on bed earlier. She called and Eunbi didn’t answer her phone, so she took the liberty to go down the lounge searching for her only to witness Eunbi getting out of Sakura’s car and break down on her own when he left. Somehow, she knew what had happened to her. She always knew and it hurts her knowing Eunbi got hurt. Slowly, making her way towards the crying girl, Minju knelt beside her and pulled her in for a hug.

 

“Shh, you’ll be fine.”

 

“Minju… Sakura… the wedding…”

 

“I know. I know. I’m sorry.”

 

Minju ran her palm along her best friend’s back hoping it would be enough, but she knew it wouldn’t. Eunbi didn’t have to explain it to her. She could guess; Sakura chose Yunjin. She hated him for giving Eunbi some hope. How could he do this?

 

“Minju… it hurts.”

 

Minju held her closer and let Eunbi’s tears wet her pajamas. She cared less about passersby watching them. She knew some of them might have recognized them but that wasn’t important anymore. Sakura should be blamed. He gave her hope and now he destroyed it by himself.

 

‘Stupid Sakura.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sakura slumped down on his bed. He hadn’t been sleeping on his bed since Eunbi stayed with his family. Because of her pregnancy, Sakura had been staying with her every night. His own bed felt strange to lie down. He pushed himself up and got out of his room and walked towards the room where Eunbi had been staying since day 1. Slowly, he turned the doorknob and walked inside before closing the door behind him. He felt tears b in his eyes the moment he saw Eunbi’s luggage near the cupboard.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Eunbi pulled her suitcase, and it made Sakura wonder why.

 

“Why are you taking out your suitcase?”

 

“I’m packing. What else?”

 

“I know, but you’re just going to stay in the hotel for a night only. If it was me, I would just let everyone crashed in our house.”

 

Eunbi chuckled watching as Sakura still found it ridiculous for her family booked a hotel room and separated them only for the night.

 

“It’s a custom, Kkura. The bride and the groom shouldn’t be in the same place before the wedding. You dad said so.”

 

“My dad is an ancient guy. Who still follows the rule?”

 

Sakura sighed.

 

“Fine. You win. But…”

 

Sakura took her suitcase and placed it back where Eunbi took it from. Eunbi looked at him in confusion. Sakura grinned.

 

“It’s only for a night. Just take some clothes. You don’t need your suitcase.”

 

“No. I’ll handle everything. You just go there and sleep well and get married the next day.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter