Chapter 21

9 MONTHS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi stared at her phone. She had been staring at it for a while now. The thing she did for love. She dialed Sakura’s number but before it got connected, she ended it. That was her routine for a while now. She wanted to call him and hear his voice. But she couldn’t. Not now. All the memories with Sakura were now seems so long ago.

 

 

FLASHBACK
 

Eunbi was standing on the balcony of her room. One that she shared with Sakura. She had a blanket wrapping around her body. The morning breeze in Jeju calmed her down. Making memories here with her husband was her dream. Never in a million years would that guy be Sakura. She tightened her hold on her blanket when she felt arms wrapping around her body from behind. She smiled.
 

“Did I wake you up?”
 

She felt Sakura kissing her neck.
 

“Somehow you did. What are you doing outside?”
 

Eunbi didn’t rush to answer that. She looked further down the vast sea. Everything seemed so perfect. If she could frame this moment, she would have kept it with her until the rest of her life. Sakura noticed her silence. He untangled his arms around her and gently turned her around to face him. He had that worried look plastered on his face.
 

“Hey, what’s wrong?”
 

“I never said it to you before but here goes. I love you, Miyawaki Sakura.”
 

Sakura’s lips tugged into a wide smile. One that Eunbi sure he was so happy. Sakura pulled her towards him. Eunbi continued.
 

“I love you. Please don’t leave me.”
 

Sakura pulled her for a kiss before finally letting her lips go.
 

“I won’t. No matter what happens, I’ll always be with you. But you have to promise me that you’ll stay with me too. Promise?”
“I promise. I’ll stay forever.”
 

Sakura grinned. She had to admit, he looked just like when he was still young. That playful smile of him. Eunbi pinched his cheek.
 

“Stop smiling like that.”
 

Sakura laughed and kissed her forehead. He let his lips linger for a while before pulling away.
 

“And that is how we sealed that promise.”
 

Eunbi pouted. She playfully shoved him away, but Sakura didn’t budge.
 

“You’re lucky no one is here. Some teenagers might have drool watching you just with a blanket standing outside.”
 

“That’s why I came out, stupid.”
 

“Ouch, Eunbi. My own wife called me stupid. Ouch.”
 

Eunbi rolled her eyes and pushed Sakura away, but Sakura caught her wrist and pulled her back in his arms.
 

“I’m the jealous type, Eunbi. I’ll hunt even a teenager because of you.”
 

Eunbi looked up and that moment she realized how lucky she was. He was perfect for her.
 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Eunbi didn’t have any tears to let out anymore. Her eyes had gone dry from crying over Sakura all day and all night. Eunbi grabbed her iPad and opened the browser. After a few minutes, she almost finalized everything. She took out her picture with Sakura.
 

“Sakura, I don’t think I can love anyone as much as I love you. You might not understand it now or later when you learnt the truth but please know that I did it out of love. I did it for you…”
 

Eunbi placed down the picture. She stared back at her iPad.
 

Proceed with payment?
 

Eunbi tapped okay and everything is finalized. It was her time to go. One day when she returned, she hoped everyone would forgive her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wonyoung drank her coffee slowly, but her mind was drifting towards her sister. Bit by bit, she could finally piece all the puzzle together. She didn’t have any hard evidence other than Eunbi keeping a picture of her and Sakura but that’s all she had. She sighed. Now she had to think on how she could confront Eunbi about it. Wrong words, Eunbi would deny it and shut her up. She couldn’t have that.
 

“Wonyoung?”
 

Wonyoung looked up and saw a guy standing in front of her. He looked familiar. Where did she see him before?
 

“Yes?”
 

The guy smiled back.
 

“You might not remember me but I’m Ahn Yujin. We met at Eunbi and Sakura’s wedding day.”
 

“Ahhh!”
 

Wonyoung almost screamed but managed to hold it back. She remembered him.
 

“Can I sit here with you?”
 

“Yeah, sure. Sorry, I didn’t recognize you early on.”
 

Yujin chuckled. He sat down and crossed his right leg on top of his left.
 

“Nah, it’s okay. It’s kind of refreshing to know that there are other people who didn’t recognize me.”
 

Wonyoung had no idea why he said that, but she shrugged it off.
 

“Well, I’m not your type of typical girl?”
 

Yujin couldn’t help but laugh at her statement. She was indeed different. Wonyoung put down her cup and stared at Yujin.
 

“I didn’t know you hang out in LA too.”
 

“I’m just passing by. Then I saw you, so I thought of saying hello.”
 

Then the silence came. Yujin was contemplating asking her about Eunbi but that was why he was here. Might as well get it over with.
 

“H-How’s Eunbi noona?”
 

Yujin cursed himself when Wonyoung’s expression turned from bright to sour in just seconds.
 

“Okay, I guess?”
 

“You sounded unsure about it.”
 

Wonyoung let out a heavy sigh. Should she tell him? He’s Sakura’s best friend, right? Maybe he could help.
 

“I am. Unnie had been acting weird.”
 

That gained Yujin’s interest. Maybe Wonyoung knew something.
 

“Weird? You mean because she couldn’t remember things?”
 

Wonyoung shook her head. She looked at him.
 

“She’s hiding something from me and Daddy.”
 

Yujin didn’t want to probe her with his questions. So, he waited for her to continue.
 

“She cried every night. She stopped talking to us when we reached LA. It was totally different from before she left the hospital. She was talking a lot and suddenly when she’s here, she had been drifted in her own mind. She locked herself in her room. I’m worried.”
 

Yujin listened well. There was a reason why he came here and purposely met Wonyoung. If anyone could help him, it would be Wonyoung. Chaewon asked him to investigate everything that was related to Yunjin. After asking around and finally getting information from Kazuha, he had some clues regarding Yunjin and Dex’s meeting outside Korea.
 

“I’m here for some reason, Wonyoung. I need to know what really happened. I’m currently investigating Yunjin. I got to know about her met up with Dex a few times after she broke up with Sakura.”
 

Wonyoung was surprised.
 

“Dex? What do you mean?”
 

“Yunjin had been secretly meeting Dex after Sakura ended their relationship. Sakura and Eunbi met Dex in Korea once after they came back from Jeju. Sejun was in Jeju on their honeymoon. I don’t think any of this meet up was a coincidence at all. Something was wrong and I’m determined to get to the bottom of this. That’s why I’m here. Can you help me?”
 

Wonyoung looked at Yujin for a moment, trying to sink all the information he just told her. He was right. Everything was way too coincidental.
 

“But I don’t know how to help you.”
 

Yujin leaned forward and looked around just to make sure Dex did not send anyone following him around.
 

“Based on your story, can it be possible if Eunbi noona is hiding something?”
 

“She was crying last night and fell asleep. I secretly went to her room, and I saw her holding onto a photo. It was a picture of her and Sakura oppa together. I… I think my sister faked her memory lose.”
 

Yujin definitely didn’t expect this. So, Eunbi purposely avoided Sakura? But why? Wonyoung played with her finger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter