Chapter 6

9 MONTHS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeah, you can put it there. Thanks.”

 

“Mr. Miyawaki, here is the list of guests seating. You might want to check it for one last time.”

 

Sakura took the list of guests from his wedding planner, Namjoo, and scanned through it. He just smiled and looked at her.

 

“It wasn’t a mistake to hire you.”

 

“Well, it’s my job, Mr. Miyawaki. Plus, both of you and Ms. Kwon had been nothing but nice to me despite the wedding rush.”

 

“Thank you again.”

 

Sakura then felt his phone beep signaling of incoming message. He quickly opened it.

 

 

From: Yunjin

Baby, can I see you now?

 

 

Namjoo somehow could see Sakura’s smile faded. Without even asking, she assumed it was a text from Eunbi. Who else, right?

 

“Mr. Miyawaki?”

 

Sakura put away his phone and looked up.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I think you should go home and rest before your big day tomorrow. I’ll take it from here.”

 

“But… the center stage…”

 

“Sir, go home. You said I’m capable enough, right? So, go home and rest with Ms. Kwon. Tomorrow is your big day. We can’t have a tired look like panda groom tomorrow.”

 

“Are you sure, Namjoo?”

 

She gave a slight nod. Sakura sighed and agreed with her. He had been here preparing everything since this morning with Eunbi. He forced his driver to take Eunbi home while he remained here for one last look at everything.

 

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

 

Namjoo patted his back and left Sakura standing there looking around. Who had ever thought in less than a month, they could arrange everything in order before the big day? He couldn’t help but feel happy. But then the text message. Sakura walked away pulling his phone and dialed a number on his 4th speed dial. No matter what, he couldn’t neglect her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minju plopped next to Eunbi and made sure she was comfortable. Eunbi rolled her eyes when she saw Minju sigh in relief like that.

 

“Now, I believed Sakura when he wanted me to help him purchase this bed for you. I thought you had thrown away this bad habit of yours, Eunbi?”

 

“Hey, my bed is my first husband.”

 

That had Minju laughed out loud while Eunbi giggled. Minju propped her left elbow and faced her best friend sideways.

 

“I can’t believe you’re going to get married first.”

 

Eunbi turned to her side facing Minju and smirked.

 

“I can’t believe you aren’t.”

 

“I know. I practically swore back in high school that I’m getting married first.”

 

They looked at each other and smiled. The good old days. If it wasn’t for Minju, Eunbi might never have had the best high school life in her life. They had a great time together.

 

“Minju, thank you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I never really get to say this to you but because of you, I enjoy life with ease. So, thank you.”

 

“I’m that awesome, right?”

 

Eunbi rolled her eyes and playfully shoved Minju away from her. That earned another laughing session with Minju.

 

“Way to ruin the mood, best friend.”

 

“Wasn’t that’s what best friend for?”

 

Eunbi just shrugged. But deep down she knew Minju got what she meant. That’s why they can become friends. One doesn’t have to explain just for the other one to know. It seems they had this bond that connects them together. Minju laid back on the bed.

 

“Eunbi, can I say something?”

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

Minju contemplated whether now the right time would be to discuss this, but Chaewon was right. this marriage was going to her someone at the end, and she didn’t want that someone to be Eunbi.

 

“Are you really sure about this whole marriage thing? I mean you can raise your baby by yourself, and I can help you with it plus, you said it yourself that after you give birth, Sakura is going to get married to Yunjin. Where do you stand in this?”

 

Eunbi sighed and pulled herself up. She leaned back on the headboard. Whatever Minju had in mind, she for sure had run it through her head countless times.

 

“I don’t know. I had thought about it every night, but I don’t know. I have no idea what’s going to happen after 9 months. It will be easy to leave Sakura if he’s rude and bad but then I don’t know. I can’t answer your questions.”

 

“Babe, he loves Yunjin. I work with him. That girl always comes to his office every day. There’s no way you can win his heart if you don’t know where you stand in this marriage.”

 

“You really don’t understand, Minju.”

 

Minju rolled her eyes and pushed herself up leaning backwards like Eunbi but scooted closer to her best friend.

 

“Try me.”

 

Eunbi watched as Minju had that look on her. Knowing her, there’s no way Minju is going to back away. Explaining would be hard.

 

“I know how it felt having that person you love so much left you. I don’t want Sakura and Yunjin to break up. It’s unfair for her or their relationship. Dex left me and it takes everything inside of me not to breakdown. I don’t want another woman to go through what I’ve been through. It’s unfair.”

 

Minju watched as Eunbi stopped for a while. She waited for her to continue.

 

“I’m the one who came in between them and took Sakura away.”

 

Eunbi pulled a pillow and hugged it. Minju watched as Eunbi hugged the pillow as if she could find comfort from it. She could see in her eyes how she’s willing to sacrifice more.

 

“But you’re going to be his wife. Would it be fair for you? How about your baby? Eunbi, this is insane. You can’t hurt yourself for Yunjin or anybody else.”

 

“Minju, I made a mistake. Dex and I made the mistake. Why punishes Sakura and Yunjin for my own mistake?”

 

“But…”

 

Minju could see Eunbi’s eyes b with tears and she felt guilty for bringing this topic up.

 

“Fine. Just remember one thing.”

 

“W-What?”

 

Minju reached forward and pulled Eunbi towards her, hugging the latter.

 

“No matter what you choose, in the end I will always be by your side, okay? So, don’t hesitate to call me anywhere, anytime.”

 

She felt Eunbi nodded in her embrace. It was the only way Minju knew how to ensure that despite the future’s bad outcome, she would always be there.

 

“Thanks.”

 

They hugged for a few minutes before Eunbi pulled away. Minju playfully shoved her away and laid back on the bed with her eyes traveling from Eunbi’s face to the clock. It was 12:30 am. She frowned.

 

“Hey Eunbi, Sakura didn’t come home yet?”

 

Eunbi shook her head.

 

“He said he was on his way home. I feel bad leaving him finalizing everything on his own, but he forced me to go home first.”

 

“Well, he cares about you. Plus, we can’t have a sleepy bride tomorrow, right?”

 

Eunbi blushed remembering tomorrow. Tomorrow, she was going to get married. Tomorrow, she was going to be Sakura’s wife.

 

“Yeah.”

 

Minju suddenly let out a deep sigh alarming Eunbi. She looked at her.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I’m going to miss our sleepover session. This is our first sleepover after so many years, and it will be our last.”

 

“I can always ask Sakura to let me stay with you from time to time. I’m sure he doesn’t mind.”

 

“Really? You would do that?”

 

Eunbi enthusiastically nodded. Minju screamed in happiness leaving Eunbi chuckling over her reaction. The door suddenly opened revealing a whining Wonyoung coming in and slammed the door shut before pouncing on Eunbi.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Eunbi let Wonyoung bear hugged her while Minju grinned watching Wonyoung hugging her sister.

 

“Don’t get married and leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter