Chapter 5

9 MONTHS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Lunar New Year!
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, I’m your best man?”

 

“Who else? I don’t have a lot of friends, Chaewon.”

 

Chaewon watched as Sakura finished his beer and placed it down on the counter.

 

“To be honest, you don’t have any friends except me and Yujin, Kkura. Speaking of that kid, where is he?”

 

Sakura just shrugged. That Player Ahn didn’t stay around the same place more than a month. That was how he dealt with all his ex-girlfriends. A waiter came to them.

 

“Anything else I can get for you, boys?”

 

Chaewon smirked.

 

“Seeing you is enough for me.”

 

Sakura mentally scoffed at Chaewon’s lame pickup line. Chaewon wiggled his eyebrow. The waiter just smiled.

 

“One dial to Minju and you’ll beg for my mercy, Chaewon.”

 

“Ow, you’re no fun, Yuri.”

 

“Serves you right.”

 

The waiter named Yuri slapped Chaewon’s back and left the two with Sakura laughing at Chaewon and the guy groaned in pain.

 

“She’s getting good at hurting people.”

 

Sakura rolled his eyes.

 

“She’s good at giving lesson for players, Chaewon.”

 

Chaewon grinned and drank his beer. Sakura signaled for the bartender for another glass of beer. Chaewon watched as Sakura took out his phone, unlocked it and then sighed.

 

“Yunjin or Eunbi?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You’re waiting for a text or a call?”

 

“I don’t get what you are trying to say.”

 

Chaewon pushed his glass aside and punched Sakura on the shoulder earning a sudden groan by Sakura.

 

“What the hell?”

 

“As far as I know, Yujin is the only active player among the three of us. I already retired and you were never a player to begin with. So, why are you playing with two girls now?”

 

Sakura finished his beer in one shot and turned his chair around facing the dance floor.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Chaewon chuckled and turned his chair around too.

 

“You do realize one of them will get hurt no matter whom you pick, right?”

 

“I’m not planning to hurt anyone.”

 

“So, you’re keeping both of yourself? Man, you’re selfish.”

 

“I… I can’t say no to my father’s request. Plus, Eunbi is a nice girl. It felt like childhood days when I…”

 

“When you always protect her?”

 

Sakura nodded. He still had those vivid memories of him and Eunbi back in those days. They were really close with each other. He would always protect her from harm. Chaewon could see through Sakura. His friend was in deep trouble.

 

“Kkura, I hate to burst your bubbles, but you can’t have both. It’s either Yunjin or Eunbi.”

 

“You don’t understand, Chaewon.”

 

Sakura didn’t blame Chaewon. No one knew what he felt at that moment. He was torn in between, and he couldn’t bring himself to choose.

 

“Eunbi and I agreed that we would stick to our normal life even after getting married. I don’t think she wants to stay with me. Once she gives birth, she’ll definitely leave. I don’t want to get hurt when the 9 months end.”

 

Chaewon couldn’t help but feel sympathy towards his best friend. If only Eunbi felt the same. Maybe he should ask Minju about it. Yeah, he should.

 

“But…”

 

“Can we drop this topic?”

 

“Fine, fine.”

 

Feeling defeated, Chaewon succumbed to his friend’s request.

 

“Did you tell Yujin yet? God knows when that kid is coming back.”

 

“Yeah, I’ve mailed him yesterday.”

 

They both fell into silence. Chaewon’s body moved along with music while Sakura scanned the floor watching people dancing with groups and partner.

 

“It’s sad, isn’t it?”

 

Sakura looked at Chaewon and raised an eyebrow.

 

“You have two gorgeous girls but yet here you are with me.”

 

Chaewon grabbed onto Sakura’s shoulder and leaned forward.

 

“Are you falling for me, Kkura?”

 

Sakura harshly pushed Chaewon away earning evil laughter from him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You look fine today, Eunbi.”

 

“Thank you, Uncle.”

 

Eunbi sat down next to Hodong and grabbed a slice of bread. Hodong gave her a glass of orange juice.

 

“Changmo should have spent more time here.”

 

“Daddy can’t leave Wonyoung alone too long in New York.”

 

Hodong sighed. Eunbi just smiled back and started nibbling on her bread. He watched her eating.

 

“Eunbi, can I say something?”

 

Eunbi looked up and smiled brightly. Hodong replied with his own smile.

 

“Did you know that my wedding with Sakura’s mom was arranged too? We were so against it. In our early months, we fought a lot. She couldn’t spend time alone with me without a fight. But as time went by, we learnt to live with each other and then we fell in love with each other. I know this marriage might be too sudden for you, but I do hope you and Sakura will work things out. Sakura can be dense at times but he’s a good kid. I know he will take care of you as long as you give him a chance to.”

 

Eunbi could sense how genuine Hodong hoped for her and Sakura. Did he know that Sakura has a girlfriend? She wished he knew that things weren’t easy. But she still flashed her smile.

 

“I’ll try, Uncle. I know Sakura will try too.”

 

Well, she didn’t totally lie about it. She said she would try. Hodong had a genuine smile on his face. Eunbi didn’t have the heart to break his wish. Maybe she should come up with a plan and tell Sakura about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minju half dragged Eunbi with her inside a boutique that Sakura had set their appointment. Well, the wedding was only in a few days. She seemed more excited than the bride herself.

 

“Minju, slow down.”

 

“Aren’t you excited, Eunbi?”

 

Eunbi just smiled watching her best friend in her own world. She smirked.

 

“You look more excited than me.”

 

Minju just ignored her and kept looking at all the dresses that were displayed. She really liked the idea of going there. A woman in probably in her late 20s came out from a room. She smiled at the two. Eunbi stood up.

 

“You must be Ms. Kwon? Mr. Miyawaki told me that you’re here for your dress fitting.”

 

Eunbi slowly nodded. Minju held out her hand to the stranger.

 

“I’m Kim Minju; the bridesmaid.”

 

The stranger smiled at Minju and received her hand greeting from the smiling girl.

 

“I’m Kim Namjoo. You can just call me Namjoo.”

 

Minju’s eyes widened. Eunbi watched as her best friend seemed to be having a hard time breathing.

 

“What’s wrong with you?”

 

“OH MY GOD. You’re the famous designer Namjoo? Oh my god!”

 

Namjoo slowly nodded and Minju squealed even more earning a nudge from Eunbi. Ignoring her best friend, Minju kept on talking.

 

“That’s why you seemed familiar to me!”

 

“I’m happy to know that you knew me.”

 

Eunbi had enough. She purposely cleared gaining the attention from the other two.

 

“I’m sorry, Ms. Kwon. Please sit down. We can work on your dress now while we’re waiting for Mr. Miyawaki.”

 

Eunbi just smiled and sat down with Minju following suit. Namjoo instructed a girl whom Eunbi believed might be her assistant to bring out the dress. The girl slowly pulled out something big covered by a grey sheet. She assumed it was a mannequin wearing her supposed-to-be dress. Namjoo stood up and stood next to the item.

 

“Mr. Miyawaki helped me out with your measurement so that I get to finish it before you arrive here in Seoul.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter