Chapter 17

9 MONTHS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She watched the woman in front of her who seemed to be distracted since earlier. No matter what she did or said, it didn’t matter to her. All she did was say yes or no or even okay. That was it. It wasn’t even a proper answer. But this is Minju, and she had enough of Eunbi.

 

“Okay, spill it.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Eunbi looked dumbfounded with Minju’s direct question. She couldn’t help it. Her mind drifted to a week ago when she had shared an intimate moment with Sakura. After that night, Sakura hadn’t been his usual self. As if he was avoiding her. He gone to work early in the morning and only came back when she had gone to sleep. She tried to stay up but being pregnant, she had her limitations. Waking up early was never a choice either. Maybe because of her pregnancy, maybe. She sighed.

 

“Okay, that’s it. I had enough of this silence. Spill it out, Kwon Eunbi or else…”

 

Minju wasn’t kidding and Eunbi knew that. She wet her dry throat by taking a sip out of her cup of hot chocolate. Maybe sharing her problem could lift some of the pressure. She couldn’t take a risk now when her pregnancy was going into third month. Her baby was her priority.

 

“Sakura… lately he seems distant. Is there anything that might happened to him in the office?”

 

Eunbi could see Minju’s facial expression turned confused.

 

“Not that I know of and I’m his PA. I’m pretty sure it’s not work related.”

 

Eunbi felt her heart saddened by that information. Was he avoiding her because of regret? Maybe he just realized he made a mistake. Minju watched as Eunbi looked down on her cup. She stretched her hand and placed it down on top of her best friend’s.

 

“Eunbi, is something wrong?”

 

Eunbi looked up and saw Minju looking worried. She was glad she was here for her. With her dad busy handling their company in the US, and Wonyoung’s upcoming exam, she didn’t want to bother both of them.

 

“He’s avoiding me.”

 

Eunbi pulled back her hand and placed it down on her lap before continuing.

 

“He’s gone to work before I woke up and came back home only when he was sure I’m in a deep sleep since last week. I thought he might be busy, but you said it yourself. He’s not. if that is not an effort to avoid me, I don’t know what anymore.”

 

Tears were b in her eyes, but she held it in. She had to know what was going on with him. Minju leaned back on her chair. Sakura was avoiding Eunbi? But why?

 

“Eunbi, I really don’t know what happened. Works are not his reason. Maybe he’s worried about something else? Did you talk to him?”

 

Eunbi shook her head.

 

“I tried staying up late, but I couldn't. Being pregnant really makes you tired. Waking up early wasn’t an option either. I don’t know how I’m going to have a talk with him.”

 

“How about stopping by the office? I can clear his meeting for you.”

 

Eunbi had thought about that, but she wasn’t ready to bring their problem to his workplace. That might make him stressed even more.

 

“I can’t. not under these circumstances. I don’t want him to get stress out than he already is.”

 

Minju leaned forward. She didn’t like what she was listening to. She stood up and held Eunbi’s hand. Eunbi was surprised.

 

“M-Minju?”

 

“Let’s go back and see him. You don’t have classes the whole day today, right?”

 

“What if he avoids me again?”

 

“I’ll make sure he won’t. Plus, I’m the one who is arranging his schedule and everything.”

 

Eunbi tried protesting against the idea, but Minju had already dragged her towards her car before threatening to get inside. She then walked back to the driver’s side and drove away with one destination in her mind: her office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sakura massaged his temple. It has been a week since he ignored Eunbi. He knew what he did was wrong, but he couldn’t face her after everything. He was guilty over it. It was hard timing his arrival from the office. Sometimes, he would arrive 3 in the morning. He knew about her pregnancy condition. They had sought advice from his family’s doctor, and he said it was normal for Eunbi to get tired easily. He took advantage of that, so he planned well. He came back home only when she was already sleeping and left the house before she woke up. It was his only way. But then he missed her so much and it hurts.

 

He stood up and walked towards his window glass panel. He looked everywhere but each time his mind would remind him that he had a wife who might just realize what he had done to her.

 

“I’m such a jerk.”

 

Sakura’s right fist clenched tightly. He didn’t know what else he could do. He didn’t see Yunjin after what happened between them. He did ask around, but it seemed as if Yunjin had gone missing. He ed up big time. His phone rang. Sakura lazily walked back to his desk and grabbed his phone. It was his personal informant that he hired.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Mr. Miyawaki, Ms. Kim is on her way back and she’s bringing Mrs. Miyawaki with her.”

 

Sakura’s eyes widened.

 

“Can you stop them and buy me some time?”

 

“I don’t think I can, sir. She’s already down here.”

 

Sakura cursed and scrambled towards his bag. He slung his bag around his shoulder and gave one look around. He couldn’t let Minju know he had rushed out.

 

“Sir?”

 

“Wait!”

 

Sakura got out of his office and turned around the corner when he saw the lift door open. He looked to his right and ran towards the fire exit just in time before the lift door fully opened. He hid behind the fire-created door and held his breath. He took a peek out of the small glass window and saw Minju and Eunbi go into his room.

 

“Sir?”

 

“Changmin, you have my spare car keys, right?”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

“Get in my car and drive away. Make sure the guards downstairs saw you leaving the basement. DO IT NOW.”

 

Sakura ended the call and hid even more. He wished luck was on his side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minju held Eunbi’s hand and half dragged her into his office. The moment they stepped in, disappointment can be seen on Eunbi’s face. Sakura wasn’t there. Minju huffed unhappy. She was sure he didn’t have anything scheduled for today. Where was he?

 

“He’s not here, Minju. Let it go. I’ll just wait for him at home.”

 

“Oh no, you’re not.”

 

Minju walked towards Sakura’s desk and picked up his office phone. She punched in the receptionist number.

 

“Yes, Mr. Miyawaki?”

 

“This is Minju here. Have you seen Mr. Miyawaki left the building?”

 

“He didn’t. I didn’t see him leaving.”

 

Oh, that sneaky Sakura. Minju had dealt with him way before and she wasn’t going to let him fool her again. Eunbi watched as Minju’s face turned red. She knew that sign. She was pissed off. Now she was worried about Sakura’s safety especially when Minju got her hands on him.

 

“Anything else, Ms. Kim?”

 

Minju paused for a while and then suddenly smirked.

 

“Can you ask the guard and asked him if he saw Sakura?”

 

“I’ll go get him. Hold on, Ms. Kim.”

 

Minju tapped her fingers on the desk while Eunbi sat down on a couch and pulled out her phone. She dialed Sakura’s number. It was ringing but Sakura didn’t pick up at all. She ended the cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter