Chapter 20

9 MONTHS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura hadn’t been himself lately. Days passed by so slowly that sometimes no matter how much he piled all his paperwork; his mind would drift back towards Eunbi. How was she? She only left for four days but he felt like it was already four years away from her. He missed her so much but no matter what, he had to take responsibility for his own mistake. It was his fault. Hitomi, his secretary intercom him disrupting him from thinking about Eunbi.
 

“Mr. Miyawaki?”
 

“Yes, Hitomi.”
 

“Ms. Huh is here. Should I send her in?”
 

“Yeah, sure. Thank you.”
 

Yunjin. Sakura didn’t know any other way to deal with her. She was carrying his son for god’s sake. He couldn’t back away. He couldn’t deny it either.
 

“Sakura.”
 

He looked up and saw Yunjin was getting in and closed the door behind her. He flashed her a small smile out of politeness.
 

“Hey. What are you doing here?”
 

Yunjin pouted at him.
 

“We have to see our wedding planner. I called you but you didn’t pick up.”
 

The wedding planner. There was a reason why Sakura didn’t want to pick up her call. He tried to avoid her at least for now before the wedding. The Huh family said it would be a private wedding but to him, it sounded like the wedding would be a grand one. He didn’t want it but what could he do? Plus, Yunjin made it obvious that she was hiring Namjoo as her wedding gown designer. He couldn’t go back to that shop and let Namjoo mock the hell out of him.
 

“Yeah, I forgot. Sorry, I silenced my phone. I was in a meeting earlier.”
 

Yunjin stood up and pulled Sakura’s chair away from his desk. She sat down on his lap and circled her arms around his neck.
 

“I know you’re busy but don’t work too hard. You don’t even dress properly now. What’s wrong?”
 

‘You’re my problem.’
 

Could he just say that out loud? Sakura shook his head and gently removed Yunjin’s arms around him and picked her up. He stood up and placed her down on his chair and distanced himself from him.
 

“Nothing. I’m just busy.”
 

Yunjin felt frustrated when he distanced himself from her. Here she was giving everything she had to him, and he just shoved her away. That poisonous Eunbi must have been putting some spell on him. She would make sure she will cure Sakura before it’s too late. Yunjin crossed her arms in front of her chest and glared at him.
 

“You’re thinking about Eunbi again, didn’t you?”
 

Sakura remained calm despite the mocking tone of hers. He didn’t want another fight with Yunjin. The last one turned out to be ugly because she was pregnant with his child now.
 

“Can we please stop talking about Eunbi? She had nothing to do with us.”
 

“You clearly had everything to do with her.”
 

“Yunjin, if you’re here just to start another fight with me, please do leave my office. Don’t drag Eunbi into our problem or rather yours.”
 

His firm tone upset Yunjin even more. Yes, Sakura didn’t put much fight each time Eunbi’s name was spoken but he was firm on not letting her talk bad about the girl. Not even once.
 

“I’m pregnant with your child!”
 

Yunjin stood up and pushed him hard on the chest. Sakura stumbled a little. Yunjin kept on pushing him. He had had enough. He grabbed both her wrists and turned her around with her back against him. Her wrist was twisted behind her. She almost screamed but Sakura muffled with his palm. He whispered dangerously next to her.
 

“I still don’t know what the hell happened that day. Don’t start with me. You want me, right? You’ll have me but know that no matter what happens, my soul will never be yours. My heart has no room for you. Let that sink in your head. I will never be yours.”
 

At that moment, the door burst open and stood there was Minju holding onto a blue file. Sakura quickly let go of Yunjin while Yunjin wiped away her tears. His words had hurt her deeply.
 

“Yes, Minju?”
 

“I’m sorry to interrupt you, Sir, but you have a meeting in half an hour.”
 

Sakura faced Yunjin.
 

“I’ll meet up with you later.”
 

“You’re a jerk.”
 

Yunjin purposely bumped her shoulder against Sakura before passing through Minju. Minju watched as Yunjin marched away leaving the floor in anger. She glanced towards Sakura.
 

“Can we go now, Sir?”
 

“Minju, can you please drop the formality?”
 

Minju didn’t answer. Ever since Eunbi left Seoul, Sakura had been receiving cold treatment from the girl. Minju only talked to him when it was about business related. She even refused to call his name in the office. Sakura sighed.
 

“I ed up, okay. But I don’t want to lose friend like you, Minju.”
 

Minju sneered.
 

“I told you don’t hurt Eunbi. But what did you do, Miyawaki? You already losing me when you ed Yunjin. So, no. I don’t have a friend like you. What we have right now is just a mere employer-employee relationship.”
 

Sakura for sure felt the anger rising in Minju’s voice.
 

“Meeting in half an hour, Sir. I’ll see you there.”
 

Minju went out of his office and slammed the door behind her leaving a stunned Sakura who felt useless against the situation. Minju hated him. That was the fact. Who doesn’t? He would have hated himself too. Maybe this was his karma.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yujin walked inside Club Nemesis and looked around. He smiled and made way towards the club bar. Taking one of the stools, a bartender greeted him.
 

“Long time no see, Yujin.”
 

“Hey, Hanbin. What did I miss?”
 

“Nothing much. Drinks?”
 

“Just give me the usual. Thanks.”
 

Hanbin the bartender slid the glass of drink at him. Yujin drank it while his eyes scanned around the club. He was looking for someone. His eyes caught on that person.
 

“Bingo.”
 

He grinned and finished his drink. He pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter