Chapter 12

9 MONTHS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes, Daddy. I understand.”

 

Yunjin rolled her eyes the moment her father, Huh Kyeonghwan called and told her that running away is not a good solution for mending her broken heart. He felt it was childish. She on the other hand felt he was being ridiculous. She then saw Dex walk inside the café heading towards her.

 

“Daddy, I have to go. I’ll be back in a few days. Bye.”

 

Yunjin put away her phone the moment Dex sat down in front of her. She saw he placed a brown envelope on the table.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I just come, and you wouldn’t let me order a coffee, Yunjin?”

 

Receiving no reply from the girl, Dex put his hands up gesturing a sign of defeat.

 

“Fine. The envelope is for you. Take it.”

 

Yunjin looked at him, but Dex just smiled. She did as he asked and took out the content inside. She regretted the moment she did so. It was pictures of Sakura and Eunbi probably in Jeju. They looked intimate and the last picture made her heart twist in so much pain. Sakura was kissing Eunbi the way he used to kiss her.

 

“Why are you showing me this?”

 

Dex shrugged.

 

“I’m just making sure that our alliance is still on.”

 

Dex watched as Yunjin wiped away her tears. She placed the pictures back inside the envelope and placed them down before sliding it back to him.

 

“I’ve already texted Sakura just like the way we’ve planned. Stop giving me updates on whatever they do.”

 

Dex smirked and placed the envelope inside his jacket.

 

“I’m toughing you up for the real deal so that you won’t flinch the moment we go back to Korea. But I have to admit, so far, you’re doing well.”

 

Dex gestured for the waiter to come. He placed his order. Yunjin looked away from Dex to the view outside. She sighed.

 

‘Am I doing the right thing?’

 

‘He had hurt you. they deserve all the hate.’

 

“Do they?”

 

“What?”

 

Dex asked again when he heard it as if she was talking to him. Yunjin looked back at him and shook her head.

 

“Nothing. Your parents agreed of you coming back?”

 

“Yeah. Plus, my dad needs someone to look after our branch in Korea.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Dex sensed she was hiding something. He placed his hand on top of hers.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

From his tone, she somehow guessed that he was worried about her. Giving him a small smile, she answered.

 

“It’s nothing. Really.”

 

“If you said so.”

 

His food came and he quickly devoured it. Yunjin just watched him. Somehow the same questions kept on playing in her mind.

 

‘Am I doing the right thing?’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunbi was fast asleep when Sakura left their suite this morning. Now, as if an instinct, her left felt empty. The warmth of her husband wasn’t here now. Her left arm travelled along the supposed to be Sakura’s side. Slowly fluttering her eyes opened, she realizes Sakura wasn’t on the bed. Laying on her back, she looked beside her and saw the clock showed 9 in the morning. Where could Sakura be early in the morning?

 

“Kkura?”

 

She pushed herself up and glanced towards their bathroom. There was no one inside there. The curtain was on the same side she remembered she left it last night.

 

“Where’s he?”

 

Eunbi pushed away her blanket and stood up. She was in Sakura’s checker dress shirt, courtesy of Sakura himself. She blushed remembering it. Pushing away her thought, Eunbi decided that maybe Sakura had gone out to meet Chaewon and Yujin.

 

“Should I go and look for him?”

 

She looked around the room and noticed the mess on the floor created by them last night. She sighed. Maybe she should have a shower first before looking for her husband. She couldn’t go like this. People might see her crazy. She couldn’t have that. So, she made up her mind.

 

“Shower first then I’m looking for you.”

 

She took of Sakura’s dress shirt that was covering her body now and tossed it aside. She went into the shower room and saw that there was water prepared already in the bathtub and next to it, there was a post-it-note attached. She read it out loud.

 

Warm water for my queen.

 

Eunbi’s lips formed the silliest smile that no one had ever seen. Sakura was such a cheese ball. He was nothing but sweet to her.

 

“Thank you, my king.”

 

Eunbi took her time in the bathroom. After seemingly the longest time, she finally got out. She walked towards their closet while wiping her hair. Since no one was here other than her, she didn’t bother covering herself. She opened the closet door and there was another post-it-note on a hanger.

 

Don’t bother on looking great for others. You will always look great to me.

 

“Miyawaki Sakura, what are you planning to, huh?”

 

Nevertheless, it made her smile even more. As if the post-it he left in the bathroom couldn’t make her burst into a fit of giggles, this one managed to flutter her heart in a good way. Putting aside the post-it, she took a flowery pattern dress just a knee length and wore it. Once done, she saw another post-it just on her eyes level when she moved towards the dressing table.

 

You’re beautiful the way you are.

 

Eunbi reached for the post-it and couldn’t hide the blush on her cheeks. Miyawaki Sakura somehow can creep inside her heart without even being in front of her. Just by all these cheesy notes of his were enough to make her morning.

 

“You’re making me shy.”

 

Eunbi just made some little touch up and headed towards the door when she saw another post-it. This time, she for sure knew she didn’t have to go searching for them.

 

Open the door and I’ll be here.

 

She chuckled and turned the doorknob. There, stood in front of her was a guy who had a bouquet of white roses in his hand, and he had that dazzling smile on him. Sakura held out the roses for her. Eunbi took it from him, but she could feel her cheeks heated up. She raised the roses and slowly took a sniff of them. The scent of the roses was nice. She liked it.

 

“Be my valentine?” Sakura held out his palm for her to take.

 

“But it’s not Valentine’s Day.”

 

“With you by my side, every day is a Valentine’s Day.”

 

Eunbi playfully pushed his shoulder making him grin even more. She placed her hand on Sakura’s, accepting his Valentine’s proposal. Sakura felt his heart almost burst and he could have jumped in celebration but in order to not humiliate himself, he remained calm. Sakura leaned forward carefully not smashing the roses and made sure he stopped right next to her side face.

 

“Would you let me do the honor of taking my queen out on a date?”

 

His low voice sent shivers all around her body alarming her that he was so near to her. Added on his sincere tone with it. It was a perfect proposal. He pulled back and saw her slowly nodding, agreeing with it. Intertwined their hands, Sakura helped her close the door behind and led them out on a day he had planned out for her. Hopefully to her liking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sakura wanted a normal kind of date. Not a date between two heirs of two top rank companies. He could have phoned his dad and asked him to make things easier for them, but he felt like doing things in a normal way just like everyone else. Eunbi had her arms wrapped around his right arm and head leaned on his shoulder. They were now in a car he had rented for the day. She had no idea where they were heading to so, she asked.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“You’ll see.”

 

Sakura being discreet wasn’t really helping. But she ignored it and looked outside as they moved. They finally arrived and she saw a ferry. She somehow could roughly guess their destination but decided to tease Sakura first.

 

“Are you kidnapping me, Miyawaki?”

 

Sakura glanced to his side with that wide expression.

 

“How did you know?!”

 

“Oh, I’m so going to report this.”

 

“Well, Mrs. Miyawaki, I don’t think you can. The ferry is moving.”

 

Sakura chuckled when Eunbi pulled away and looked outside. While she was playing fool with him earlier, he managed to get in the ferry and now on their way to Udo Island. Eunbi pouted since Sakura was laughing at her. Sakura who noticed it finally stopped laughing. He leaned forward and cupped her face before planting a kiss on her cheek.

 

“Now you’re stealing kisses too?”

 

“Well, what kind of repayment do you want?”

 

Eunbi pondered for a while and its amused Sakura. He leaned back on his seat and wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her towards his chest.

 

“While the ferry is moving, you can use my chest as a pillow and think what kind of repayment you want. Okay?”

 

That earned him a hard slap on the chest, but it didn’t sting. Maybe because he loves her so much to even notice how hard she had slapped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter