Chapter 1

9 MONTHS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! Sorry I forgot to update the first chapter. It is supposedly to be updated every Tuesday but working took a toll on me, so this update slipped my mind. Anyway, enjoy the first chapter with the new character’s name!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunbi awaited in panic. She hadn’t felt well these past few days and just this morning, she threw up multiple times. She tried to convince herself that maybe she was sick. At first, it was a good excuse she came up with to distract herself but when she threw up again the third time at the school, she knew something was wrong. Eunbi took the box and read the instructions again.

 

Instant result in 5 minutes.

 

She sighed and looked at her watch again. 30 seconds more. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, calming down her rapidly beating heart.

 

“Okay.”

 

Eunbi took the tool in her hand and looked at it. Her eyes widened.

 

“This can’t be true… no… way.”

 

She closed her eyes and fluttered open once again hoping this could just be a bad dream. But it wasn’t. There were two red lines obviously on the tool kit. She scrambled for the box once again and read the next sentences from the previous sentences.

 

“Presence of line in C and T windows indicated a POSITIVE result.”

 

Eunbi felt like fainting. She felt like her world just crumbled down on her. She felt fate hated her. She couldn’t be pregnant. For God’s sake, she couldn’t be pregnant! Her hands trembled in fear. She lost her grip on the pregnancy test kit. Slowly, it fell on the floor.

 

“I-I can’t… no…”

 

The fear of facing society with a huge stomach got at her. What would her family say? What would her father do? What would her boyfriend do? Her boyfriend. Yes, he would know what to do. Eunbi quickly searched for her phone. Once she found it, she scrolled her contact list and dialed her boyfriend’s number.

 

“Hi, baby.”

 

“Jinyoung… I need to… see you.”

 

“Hey, are you okay? You sound different. Is everything okay?”

 

“Can I see you now? Please?”

 

“Okay, I’ll pick you up now, okay?”

 

Eunbi didn’t answer him and ended the call. From his early reaction, he was genuinely worried about her. That was a good sign, right? Yeah, she should trust him. He wouldn’t abandon her. He loves her. He would be responsible. Dex, whom she fell in love with would never hurt her. Slowly, she placed her palm on her stomach. She knew he would be with her in this difficult time.

 

“He will be happy for me, right, baby?”

 

A small smile formed on her lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“W-What?”

 

“I’m pregnant.”

 

Dex took two steps back as if Eunbi spread some viruses at him. His face told it all. They were currently at a park where Eunbi requested him to bring her here. It was the first place they bumped into each other for the first time.

 

“H-How long?”

 

Eunbi shook her head. She had no idea herself, but her period never came, and the test earlier convinced her that she really was pregnant. Dex’s face turned even paler.

 

“I test it with a pregnancy test I bought. It was positive. I could be pregnant.”

 

Dex gulped down hard. This couldn’t be happening.

 

“Jinyoung… I think we should…”

 

“I can’t have that baby.”

 

“What?”

 

“We’re too young. I can’t have a baby now.”

 

Eunbi couldn’t believe it. She felt like all the burden suddenly fell back on her. Here she thought Dex would stay and be responsible. God, she was wrong. Feeling tears pooling in her eyes, Eunbi watched as Dex shook his head and took another step back,

 

“It’s just a few weeks, right? We can have an abortion. I know a doctor who can help us.”

 

Abortion? Eunbi couldn’t hear anything else from him. Her mind was struggling with the idea of an abortion. She made a mistake and so did he. Why would she kill an innocent life? Her consciousness came when she felt Dex hold onto her hand smiling at her.

 

“Let’s have an abortion, okay? I’ll arrange everything.

 

She looked at him. Who was this guy? She felt like she barely knew him. Gently pulling her hand away, Eunbi shook her head.

 

“I won’t do it.”

 

She saw his face’s expression change into rage. She wouldn’t do it.

 

“Eunbi are you crazy?! We’re too young! I can’t have that baby now. My family and your family would be ashamed of what had happened! I can’t ruin my family’s name!”

 

“So, it’s okay to kill?”

 

Eunbi’s tears rolled down her cheeks. She was disappointed with him. Because of their family’s name, he would rather sacrifice another life. Dex calmed down a little. He tried to hold her hand again, but Eunbi avoided him. She just merely stared back at him with tears pouring even more.

 

“Baby, we’re only 20. I still have so much to do and so much to accomplish. My father would be disappointed if I ruined their name with this. You’re young too. We’re not ready yet.”

 

She asked him to meet her because she thought he would understand. She thought he would not disappoint her, but she was wrong. This was never the reaction that she was hoping for. Instead of fighting with her, he backed away. Wiping her tears with her sleeves, Eunbi made up her mind.

 

“I love you so much, Jinyoung. I gave you everything. I guess it wasn’t enough for you.”

 

Turning around, Eunbi couldn’t help but let her tears run down again. She had a dream that one day she could be with him, became a one happy family. Today, he crushed it. Dex grabbed her arm, stopping her from walking away.

 

“I love you too, but you have to understand. My family… they won’t approve this.”

 

“I’m breaking up with you. Let my hand go.”

 

Dex was fighting inside. He knew this was the moment. If he let her go, he would lose her but if he kept his hold on her, his family’s name and reputation would be ruined. His family might disown him. He couldn’t have that.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Slowly, Dex let his grasp loosen. Eunbi felt her heart broken. The pain was unbearable. It hurts so much.

 

“At least, let me send you home.”

 

“Don’t show your face in front of me ever again.”

 

With that being said, Eunbi kept on walking leaving Dex watching her figure walking away from him. His legs rooted on the ground watching the love of his life walk away from him. He wanted to run and hold onto her, but the risk was far greater.

 

He just couldn’t.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kwon Changmo sat down looking back at his precious daughter in disbelief. He gave her everything that a child needs. When their family’s doctor told him that his eldest daughter was pregnant, he felt as if she just took his life away. He watched as Eunbi had her head down and looked at the floor. His precious baby daughter, one that he is proud of. Beside Eunbi, Wonyoung had her hands holding onto her sister’s.

 

“Is it Jinyoung’s?”

 

Slowly but surely, she nodded. Changmo’s fist tightened.

 

“He should be responsible for you. Where is he?”

 

Eunbi slowly lifted up her face. She saw her father staring back at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter