A lily between a rose and a tulip

Lily- A story of rebirth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Freen called Maggie and asked her to take Lily home.

Since everybody was worried, Bob and Rawee joined the woman and the child. 

Becky was in the living room and her former co-star waited for the little girl on the porch.

The 5-year-old ran to her mother and hugged her affectionately.

__ Mummy, are you feeling alright? You seem ill.

The adults shared a look of concern, but the former actress shook her head and smiled.

__ I’m fine, penguin. Come sit with me. I’ve gotta tell you something. 

__ Yes, Mummy. __ That cute voice with such a strong British accent made Becky smile.

Bob announced he would check something at Freen’s atelier and Maggie offered to show Rawee the greenhouse. 

Pulling the little girl to her lap, Freen asked:

__ Remember when Mummy told you about the ways people get their children? And that we don’t share the same DNA?

__ Uhum. But Lily was always your dream. You wanted to be my Mummy before I was even a seed.__ The five-year-old beamed.

Rubbing her daughter’s cheeks, the 31-year-old struggled not to cry.

__ That’s right. Anyway, Mummy made a mistake. Well, more like a poor decision. I had a friend. She was important to me. But I didn’t tell her I’d like to use her seed. Aunt Nam asked for the seed as if it was for her. I never told the seed's original owner about your existence. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you more either.

Lily wrapped her arms around the adult’s neck and placed a peck on her face.

__ It’s ok, Mummy. People make mistakes.

Freen grinned and held her child tight.

__ Would you talk to her? She is in the living room. Her name is Becky. She is Rawee’s daughter.

The 5-year-old nodded in agreement and the brunette kissed her girl’s forehead. 

Both stood up and walked toward the entrance.

The Thai-British felt her heart skipping a beat the second the only person she fell in love with crossed the door holding hands with her miniature.

“Oh, my God! She is just like me. But her aura and personality are like Freen’s. We do have a daughter...”

Lily stepped closer and greeted the visitor:

__ Hi, Becky. I’m Lily. Welcome to our house. 

Feeling dry, the actress smiled and caressed the child’s hair.

__ Hi Lily. Thank you. And nice to meet you.

__ I’ll leave you two alone. Would you like something to drink? We don’t have milk tea. But coffee, water, tea, orange juice?__ The brunette offered.

Becky looked at her former co-star in panic:

__ You can stay. 

Freen patted the gorgeous female’s back and murmured in her ear:

__ Lily may be only 5, but she doesn’t bite. Relax and be yourself. Except for that disgusting side you showed me during our talk. Delete that for your own good.

Becky exhaled and watched the charming brunette walking away.

__ Were you and Mummy girlfriends?__ The little one stared at the adult with bright and focused eyes. 

Stepping back, the actress held her heart and widened her eyes:

__ No. Why do you ask? 

Lily sat on the couch and shrugged:

__ Mummy wanted a baby with your nose, eyes and mouth. You must have been special to her.

Not expecting such a logical deduction from a little girl, Becky joked:

__ Are you really 5-year-old or a dwarf?

The cute girl giggled and commented:

__ Grandpa and Nanam say I’m too witty, just like the devil likes.

The Thai-British admired the child’s vivid expressions and questioned:

__ Do you understand who I am? 

Tilting her head, mini Becky responded promptly:

__ Yeah. You’re Nanan and Grandpa’s granddaughter. And Nana and Pop’s daughter. Plus, Mummy’s old friend and owner of the seeds she used to have me. 

__ But what am I to you, since we share DNA? __ The 27-year-old trembled with fear.

Lily held her chin while thinking.

__ Nothing so far because I don’t know you. Wanna be my dad?

That unexpected offer made the actress burst into laughter.

After recovering, the brown-haired woman said:

__ I’m shocked at your smartness. Why dad though? Do you miss having one?

The 5-year-old shook her head. 

__ Not really. But I already have a mom.

__ Can’t you have 2?__ Becky’s emotions were unstable.

Lily looked around and responded:

__ Maybe someday. I need to know you first. Wanna play soccer?

Beaming, the adult exclaimed:

__ Sure! Let’s do it!

__ Mummy, may I play outside? __ The adorable child shouted.

Freen came back from the kitchen and sighed.

__ Sweetie, you might throw up. It hasn’t been too long since you had lunch.

__ Ah... That’s true. __ Lily lost the enthusiasm.

Fixing her daughter’s hair, the brunette suggested:

__ Why don’t you introduce your room and toys to our guest? Even better: guide her on a tour through the house and yard. In a few hours, you two can play.

Becky glanced at the Thai woman’s body and got impressed. 

“She had a child and entered her 30s. How can she be more beautiful and hotter?” Jesus! Look at that !"

__ Becky? Bec... Rebecca! __ Freen called her three times.

Blinking, the stunning actress stood up and asked, while blushing:

__ Huh? What’s up?

__ Lily is waiting at the top of the stairs. __ The dark-haired woman looked at her former friend and co-star with a puzzled expression.

The younger one sighed and murmured:

__ Thank you for encouraging her to interact with me.

__ As long as you watch your mouth... __ Freen turned her back and went to the yard.

__ x __

Becky was enchanted by the 5-year-old.

The actress watched the child speak non-stop and explain about her mother’s process of work while showing the guest every corner of the property.

They bumped into Maggie, Bob and Rawee in the greenhouse and the trio stared at Becky with a question mark on their faces.

The 27-year-old murmured:

__ All of you owe me a long explanation and an apology. But I can wait.

__ Look, Becky! Mummy cultivates rare lilies and roses. Aren’t they beautiful?

Maggie, who was still concerned about Freen and her granddaughter, tried to guide them outside.

__ Let’s enjoy the view of the yard. Flowers are fragile. We should leave the greenhouse closed.

Becky still responded to the child while they were crossing the door:

__ Yes, they are. I thought Freen liked tulips, though.

A sensual and lower voice echoed behind the actress:

__ I still do. Baby, why don’t you get your ball to play soccer now? If Becky still wants, of course.

“I can’t understand why her voice is ier in English.”

__ I certainly do. __ The Thai-British encouraged the child. 

Smiling from ear to ear, Lily exposed her dimples and ran into the house.

Rawee commented:

__ After you two play a little, we should get back to your grandparents’ house. It’s gonna be dinner time soon, Becky.

Bob cleared his throat and crossed arms with Freen.

__ Come here, sweetie. Let me show you something in the garden.

The former actress frowned but allowed the elder to drag her in the opposite direction.

__ Listen, I know things may be hard right now. But Lily is enjoying the new friend. Why don’t you invite Becky to be your guest? __ Mr. Armstrong whispered.

Taken aback, the 31-year-old hesitated.

__ I don’t know, Grandpa. Becky and I aren’t on good terms. I’m afraid we may clash in front of my daughter.

The 80-year-old smiled and cupped the brunette’s cheeks in his hands.

__ I know you, little Sarocha. You are affectionate and kind. There won’t be fights in the house. Give your child the chance to socialize with someone else. Becky will be gone soon.

Despite her fears, the Thai female agreed and pretended to be cool about the situatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter