Closer

Lily- A story of rebirth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Becky was playing around with Lily and they sang and danced to many songs.

The 27-year-old taught the child the choreography of Think Alike and showed her a live performance of Orders from the Heart. 

Excited, the 5-year-old acted like her mother and the Thai-British almost melted.

__ Did you see how your Mummy is a talented artist?

__ You two are, Becky! Super cool! __ Lily responded while dancing and singing.

The little girl memorized Freen’s song and choreography almost immediately and the actress invited her to go tease the older one.

Freen was studying the movie lines in the office, and she was taken aback the moment those two interrupted her.

Staring at her co-star, the brunette mumbled:

__ You could do a million things with her. And that’s what you choose?

__ Come on, Freenky! It’s iconic. And our penguin loved it. It’s not my fault she found it so good. __ The stunning actress laughed.

Pouting, the 31-year-old complained:

__ I never showed her these videos. And you knew it. Why do you love going against my decisions?

__ Mummy, it’s so fun! Listen to me, ok? Come closer. __ Lily climbed the dark-haired female’s legs, which opened a smile on her face. 

Becky patted her former friend’s back and teased:

__ See, Mummy? It’s fun. 

Pretending to be upset, the brunette pushed her co-star delicately and frowned:

__ Go play with our daughter and let the adult work. Will you? 

Becky’s heart skipped a beat, and they made eye contact for a brief moment.

There was a faint smile on Freen’s beautiful face, which proved she was aware of the impact of that acknowledgment.

Feeling overwhelmed, the 27-year-old lifted the child and placed her on her shoulders.

__ Let’s go, Penguin! I’m gonna teach you how to dance to Girlfreen.

The artist whined but ended up laughing because the younger one continued speaking to Lily:

__ Beeeeeec!

__ Send mumu to your grumpy cute mother, baby.

The Thai-British sent her co-star a flying kiss and blushed when the child responded:

__ You’re so close. Why don’t you deliver it in person?

Freen cleared and said:

__ Because Mummy is busy, my love.

__ Just 1, Mummy. A tiny one. __ Lily gave the brunette those puppy eyes.

Shaking her head, the Thai actress stood up and kissed her daughter on the cheek.

__ Becky wants it too.__ The girl nodded to emphasize her claim.

Embarrassed, the handsome and pretty female kissed the brown-haired one’s face.

During those few seconds, both closed their eyes while enjoying the proximity.

Then Freen knocked them out of the room and locked the door.

Giggling, the adult and her miniature went back to the living room and continued dancing and singing.

Inside the office, Freen exhaled and thought:

“She smells so good. I just feel like holding her in my arms forever. And those hands... I did my best to respect you, Bec. Tried really hard not to ualize you because you were so young. But it’s getting difficult not to notice some things... “

__ x __

Nun came from Thailand and brought a cousin and the female’s child, who were 6 years old.

The two women took care of the house while Freen and Becky were shooting the movie. 

Even though they trusted the brunette’s mother with their eyes closed, the duo did their best not to make mistakes and be able to go home at a decent time.

The small group visited some tourist attractions and took pictures together.

Lily and her new friend got along really well and Becky loved watching them talking in Thai.

Freen caught the younger one smiling like a fool and :

__ I’d lend you one of Lily’s bibs, but they were donated long ago.

__ Seriously? Didn’t you keep at least one? The way I see it, you need it too.__ Becky grinned and poked the brunette’s cheek. 

The taller one beamed and nodded in agreement;

__ Indeed. But as you can see, it’s impossible not to be whipped by that tiny bean. She is too cute.

“As cute as you.” __ Becky thought and had to bite her lips not to say it out loud.

She sighed and something came to her mind:

__ Listen, do you have any pictures or videos from Lily’s baby phase? I’m dying to see them.

__ Sure. Although I keep most of it at home, I have some on Cloud. And a few on my phone. Give me a second.__ Freen grabbed her laptop and put it on the dinner table.

The brunette logged onto her account and gestured so that the younger one got closer.

__ Here. Have fun.

Becky hesitated before asking:

__ Could you stay and tell me some details about those moments? I’ll never be able to experience her first years. You are my link with Lily.

That comment hit Freen right in the feels and her eyes teared up. 

__ Ok. __ Let’s have a seat. __ She pulled a chair for the Thai-British.

__ Thank you. __ Becky murmured but only took her place after the older one sat.

Scrolling a bit, the dark-haired female clicked on the first picture she considered important.

__ This is the day she was born. 

The 27-year-old leaned toward the screen and asked:

__ You seem so pale. Was too hard?

Laughing, the artist needed some time to reply:

__ Considering she decided to come before the schedule, there was a heavy storm and no condition to wait for a doctor... 

Widening her eyes, the stunning brunette exclaimed:

__ Are you saying you delivered at home?

__ Uhum. Your grandma’s neighbors helped me go through it. No anesthesia for Freen.

The Thai-British gulped and held her co-star’s arm with tenderness:

__ But did you remain “ok”? I mean...Are your reproductive organs fine? Are you fine? Oh my God, P’Freen?

The brunette smiled and the younger female’s back.

__ Yes, Nong. I’m good. Thanks for asking. Now let’s go back to Lily. Here, this is a picture of her third month. Look at those dimples!

Still shaken by what she heard, the 27-year-old took a few seconds to see her cute little clone on the screen.

Freen continued explaining every phase and describing small and funny incidents.

When she finished, the brown-haired one casually questioned:

__ Why haven’t I seen you pregnant in any picture? 

The artist looked away and simply murmured:

__ I didn’t take many selfies. Maybe I have a few back home.

When the older one was about to stand up, her former friend gathered the courage to ask:

__ Do you resent me, Freen? For what I did to us?

Becky’s voice cracked, which she hated.

The Thai woman shook her head energetically while responding:

__ Of course not, Bec! Why would you even think about that?

__ Well, for some things you said during our fights.

Freen got to her feet and declared:

__ We were both inflamed. But I don’t blame you. You were scared and traumatized. 

When the handsome female was crossing to the other room, her co-star confessed:

__ Sometimes I get angry with you. I keep wondering why you didn’t refuse my request. Or why you didn’t fight to stay around? 

Slightly turning her head, Freen showed a bittersweet smile.

__ Would you have done that in my place? Would you insist if I said you were the reason for my suffering? We kinda had this talk already. 

Gulping, the 27-year-old murmured:

__ I don’t know... But these thoughts keep haunting me whenever I think of you. 

__ Well, that wouldn’t happen. Because I could never make you believe in such a thing, Bec. You were my smile, the light in my darkness. I don’t resent you. But I would be lying if I said it didn’t break me into a thousand pieces.__ Freen spoke in a sad tone and finally went to the kitchen.

Becky realized she was crying when something wet ran down her cheeks. 

__ x __

Lily bombarded Becky with questions about her childhood and the actress almost felt dizzy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter