Round two

Lily- A story of rebirth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The stunning brunette arrived at the movie set and approached the security guard.

__ Good morning. I need to speak to Becky Armstrong urgently.

__ And I need to be a millionaire. But we can’t always get what we want. Right? __ The man had a strong Scottish accent.

Freen took a deep breath before trying again.

__ My daughter is inside. I want to take her home.

Extremely sarcastically, the guy rolled his eyes and replied:

__ Lady, I’ve got to work. Stop wasting my time. Aren’t you getting too old to be a stalker?

Even though she was a peaceful woman, the Thai female lost her temper:

__ Either you call your supervisor right now or I’ll get the police involved. This is my ID, and this is my daughter’s. When I report her kidnap, who is going to lose the job first? An older man noticed the commotion and walked toward the two.

__ What’s going on, Smith?

Gulping, the guy affirmed:

__ I’m sorry, Sir. This lady is trying to force her entrance. She insists the child Miss Armstrong brought is her daughter.

Freen shoved the documents in the supervisor’s face and crossed her arms.

__ Let me in before I make your day a living hell.

The middle-aged man slapped the security guard’s head and invited the brunette to follow him.

Already stressed, Freen’s veins popped when she saw her little girl holding a can of soda and a pack of the worst type of artificial snacks.

__ Mummy! You came! __ The 5-year-old grinned.

Rubbing the girl’s hair, Sarocha asked:

__ Babe, are you hungry?

__ Yes, mummy. But I didn’t like these things. The taste is weird.

The artist looked around and questioned:

__ Where is Becky? And why didn’t you refuse those?

A girl in her early 20s stood up and spoke while chewing gum:

__ Becky is over there shooting. I’m Melissa, her P.A. I gave Lily the snack.

The adorable child pulled her mother’s pants and murmured:

__ I didn’t want to be rude, Mummy. That’s why I didn’t reject it.

Caressing her daughter’s cheek, Freen commented:

__ It’s not impolite to say no, penguin. That’s a way to protect yourself in many circumstances. Now let me buy you something decent.

Freen noticed a cafe nearby and came back in a few minutes, holding some fresh juice and a healthy sandwich.

The dark-haired female asked her child to sit and eat while she talked to Becky.

An angry mother didn’t care about good manners. So Freen crossed the patio and used her experience in set to find the movie director.

The attractive brunette stood in front of the man and declared:

__ I need to speak to your star for 5 minutes.

__ I don’t care about who you are. But time is money. Not gonna happen.

Glaring at him while showing a faint smile, the 31-year-old questioned:

__ Would you rather lose some money for 5 minutes or face a scandal, lots of gossip, and adverse publicity if I call the police and press charges against Becky for kidnapping my kid?

__ Holy ! You are scary. And hot. Okay. Go ahead. __ The man mumbled before yelling at the team about the break.

Becky, who was immersed in the scene, widened her eyes in surprise the second she saw the handsome woman walking in her direction.

__ Freen, what are you doing here?

Furious, the dark-haired female gritted her teeth:

__ The important question is: what is my daughter doing here?

The gorgeous actress rolled her eyes while responding:

__ Don’t be so dramatic. Lily is having fun. And she’s my daughter too.

The older one stepped closer and replied with a deep voice:

__ You really think sharing some DNA makes you her mother, huh? Did you know MY child had never drunk soda because she can’t consume sugar unless it’s from fruits? She is allergic to an ingredient found in artificial snacks, too. Instead of buying her healthy food, you let her in the hands of a stranger who is as experienced as you regarding kids.

Taken aback, the brown-haired one showed concern:

__ Will she be ok? I didn’t have time to prepare things, Freen. Plus, I trust my P.A.

Keeping their eyes locked, the 31-year-old declared:

__ You are a child, Becky! Never took care of yourself. How can you take care of someone else? Children don’t come with a manual. It takes us time and dedication to figure them out. But leaving them with a P.A. is certainly not a way to learn anything. Thank God, my kid didn’t consume that .

Raising her hands in a signal of surrender, the beautiful woman said:

__ I’m sorry. I couldn’t imagine a simple visit to the studio would bring such a headache. But I’m gonna take you to court if you don’t let me get close to Lily.

Smiling sarcastically, the dark-haired female leaned and defied her former friend:

__ Really, Becky Rebecca Patricia Armstrong? You’re going to play the attorney card, huh? Alright. Let’s see what the judge will say when they find out your past with stalkers, death threats, crazy fans and how the first thing you did after meeting Lily was drag her to a movie set without proper supervision.

Frustrated, Becky held the brunette by the shoulders and shook her.

__ Please, stop it! Why can’t we reach an agreement?

__ Because you don’t stop threatening me and you have no respect for me, Becky!

They went silent but didn’t move a finger.

The 27-year-old felt aroused by the brunette’s more aggressive behavior and mentally cursed at herself.

The movie director, who had been observing the argument from afar, walked toward the two women and said:

__ Excuse me. Miss Sarocha, right?

__ Yes. __ Freen stepped back and glanced at the older guy.

Becky bowed and murmured:

__ I’m sorry for the inconvenience, director. I promise that won’t happen again.

Smiling, the middle-aged man declared:

__ Actually, it might be interesting if it did. We haven’t found the person to be your antagonist, Becky. You two would look amazing as enemies on screen. Has your... friend ever worked as an actress?

Taken aback, The Thai exchanged a look with her former co-star and explained:

__ I used to be an actress. But I quit 6 years ago.

__ Really? You seem to be so talented! And your charisma matches perfectly with Becky’s. The chemistry is amazing.

The duo looked at each other with a mix of embarrassment and pride. However, the older one tried to dismiss it:

__ I’m out of the industry. Now I take care of my child.

__ That wouldn’t be a problem. Originally, we would film in England for a month. If you join us, we make it longer so you can still focus on your daughter. We may finish it in 2 months.

Becky smiled at her director and asked:

__ Would you give us a minute in private, sir?

__ Sure. __ The man stepped away and started talking to the cameraman.

The 27-year-old sighed before trying to find the right words.

__ Listen, can we put our differences aside for Lily? If you accept this job, we may actually have a chance to find balance. I wanna know the child better. Being together at work will allow both of us to spend time with her.

__ I don’t know, Becky. Lily is used to a calm environment. Not the rush of a filming set or location.

Becky touched the older woman’s shoulder, and they locked eyes.

__ P’Freen, let’s rent a place in London. One of us stays with her when the other is shooting. We can go for a stroll, visit parks and fun places. And when we have to shoot together, she comes. It’s also part of my life. I think it’s nice for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter