Round one

Lily- A story of rebirth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Freen taught her daughter English and Thai at home, apart from drawing, painting and much more.

However, the Thai enrolled her child in a nursery school at the age of 3 because she wanted Lily to have a social circle.

The brunette suffered to let her kid leave home because they were attached to the hips.

Despite the struggle, the artist loved watching her little one speaking with enthusiasm about her exciting mornings.

They still kept a domestic routine in which either the mother, Maggie or Bob would pick the girl at school.

Freen spent her mornings at the store and flower shop and would usually help the Armstrongs to do groceries or take care of their garden in the afternoon twice a week.

The young woman kept her child under her eyes and Lily liked to play ball with her Great-grandad and run around with Fluffy.

The 3-year-old also enjoyed watching Maggie cook.

The elders loved how talkative and tiny one could be most of the time.

The house was always filled with life just because of her personality, even though she also had a calmer side.

Freen rarely watched TV, which became the pattern in the house.

Most of the time, Lily would ask her mom to read her a fairytale or to come up with a new plot for her.

They also played several games together and chatted about anything.

The brunette’s favorite moments were when her baby would get all clingy and fall asleep in her arms or sit on her lap anywhere they were, just for the physical contact.

Lily was also extremely attached to her grandmas Nun and Rawee. And since the two women couldn’t fly to England more than 4 times a year, they were constantly in contact through video calls.

One of Freen’s biggest satisfactions was that her daughter had little to zero interest in technology.

The 3-year-old didn’t care about computers, smartphones and such things.

Sarocha never tried to manipulate her child. However, Lily had fun all day every day with old school toys and creative activities.

Bob, who used to be a carpenter when he was in his 20s, was practicing his skills by making things for the cute girl, like a horse swing.

When Lily turned 4, she asked to have swimming classes and Freen enrolled both of them at the club where she already practiced pilates.

After that, the brunette realized her child also needed more contact with the nature and started taking her to the beach and the mountains once a month.

In September, the tiny one joined a kindergarten group with 10 other children and she went back home with her eyes filled with sparkles.

The 31-year-old laughed and confessed to Maggie she was slightly jealous of her child.

Lily developed an adoration for her school teacher and that was the first time the actress had to share the girl’s affection with someone outside their circle.

The elder giggled and said she never stopped being jealous of her son.

Tearing up, the dark-haired female thanked the old lady for listening and keeping things real.

Mrs. Armstrong kissed the actress’ forehead and declared:

__ You and Lily brought vitality to my husband and I. Your presence re-signified our lives. Of course, we understand Robin needed to follow his own path. And we’re glad Raween helped him build an empire and a sweet family. But we are old and loneliness doesn’t listen to rationality.

__ Oh, Grandma... Now I wanna cry harder.__ Freen laughed while wiping her tears.

__ Don’t be such a baby. And don’t feel trapped in this city. When the time comes, you two must fly high, too. __ The white-haired woman slapped the Thai actress’ knee gently and smiled.

Shaking her head, the 31-year-old replied:

__ Let’s talk about something pleasing. I think we should throw a small party for Lily’s 5th birthday. She can understand things better now. And enjoy them.

__ It will be superb! I’m sure the tiny one will love it. Count me in.

__ x __

Bob talked to some of his farmer friends and they all helped make Lily’s day something special.

The five-year-old loved animals. So she got super excited to see a mini cow, a pony and some other species in her yard.

Freen decorated the house and bought a cake with her child’s favorite theme: penguins.

Nun came and brought her mother, sister and two nieces.

The little girl invited her school friends and their parents joined too.

It was a lovely Saturday and everything was finished by 6pm.

Maggie invited the actress’ grandmother to stay in her house and everybody was pleasantly surprised because the British lady could keep a friendly chat with the Thai woman.

Mrs. Armstrong had been learning the language with the little girl during those years.

Freen took the chance to cuddle her mother while her daughter was playing with her cousins.

Later, she helped her child wash up and tucked her into bed.

__ Mummy, do I have a Dad?__ The adorable 5-year-old asked casually.

Taken aback, the adult sat in the bed and stared at her precious kid.

Although Freen knew that day would come, she understood that nobody is totally prepared to face the truth.

__ No, penguin. You don’t. Are you disappointed?

__ No, mummy. Just curious. Our family differs from my friends’. __ Lily commented, and the actress saw the younger version of Becky looking at her with those vivid shiny eyes and the cute heart-shaped mouth.

The 31-year-old asked:

__ Wanna know more about that topic?

__ Sure. __ The child smiled and patted the placed beside her.

The brunette lay there and rubbed her baby girl’s hair.

__ There are many styles of family in the world. Some kids are raised by mom and dad. Others just have a mom or a dad. It’s also common to see 2 moms or 2 dads. And when something difficult happens, the grandparents raise them. At the end of the day, we are lucky to have someone to give us love. Don’t you think?

Nodding, Lily commented:

__ I agree, mummy. My friend Oscar is adopted, and he is happy. His mummy is lovely.

Freen smiled and exhaled while considering what to say next.

__ Some mothers get a special seed and put in their bellies. Then, 9 months later, their babies are born. These seeds can have their DNA or come from someone else. Other mothers look for their children in houses where the kids need someone. Most of the time, they lost their biological family. Do you think a child is more loved if they share the DNA with their parents?

Lily shook her head and frowned:

__ Of course not, mummy. I don’t share DNA with Fluffy or with my teacher. And I love them very much.

Emotional, the brunette kisses her daughter and wet her lips.

__ That’s right, baby. Love is love. You and I don’t have the same DNA either. But I dreamed of having you just the way you are; with this cute nose, mouth and eyes. Everything about you is special to me way before you were born. Understand that?

The 5-year-old wiped her mother’s tears and kissed her cheek.

__ I do, mummy. It’s ok. You will always be my pretty, cute, smart and funny mummy. I love you.

__ I love you too, swe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter